April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very light brows that are grey and basically non-existent until I use this. I've been using this in dark brown for a long, long, long time and I'm still on my first pencil. I don't just draw it on however, I use a brush to grab the product and then brush it on my brows. It comes out much more natural that way. Staying power is pretty decent, my forehead is quite oily and even more so when it's hot and sweaty. The product stays on and fades slightly throughout the day.

I love that the brown is neutral, even though my hair is dark brown with a reddish tinge. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My brows are VERY sparse due to years of overplucking. Now they don't even grow. I pretty much don't look "right" until I have my brows on lol. I really like this brow pencil because it doesn't go on too harsh; however it is buildable. With light feather strokes you can achieve a very natural looking brow. I normally outline & lightly fill in with this; than add a bit of Smashbox brow-tech on top to give a bit more color. I have purchased this quite a few times & would def recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pencil! Glides on easily and color payoff is really good. LOVE that it's a D/S item, hence, I can get it on sale!!!!!! I LOVE a bargin! So happy I didn't go to MAC in search of a brow pencil. THANKS MUA ladies for your help!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by abreve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brow liner! I have light, straight, somewhat wiry brow hairs [quite embarrassing] that were in need of some structure. This liner gives me darker color and even an arch, which I love! Combined with the Define-a-Brow gel the results are lovely and last all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

My favorite brow liner so far. Love the fact that you don't need to sharpen it - perfect for traveling, along with the line styliste liner. Color stays on all day, easy to apply and blend. I took away one lippy b/c there should be a spooley brush at the other end and not a comb (comb is useless for blending). I top it off with Anastasia tinted brow gel and my brows are perfect all day :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color goes on too thick & dark. Brush is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by oneofeverycolor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I should have followed my gut on this one... I have used Lancome Le Crayon pencil FOREVER and have always loved it but not loved the price. I decided to try the Maybelline and am thoroughly disappointed. I chose Light Blonde which maybe was my mistake. It barely shows up and I can see that the product gets used very quickly and I would have to repurchase often which would end up being a wash for the expensive Lancome pencil that lasts a LONG time. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this will be a new staple for me. I'd been using Anastasia pencils (the wooden one and the Brow Wiz) in Medium Ash and liked them, but couldn't get a good color match and found that they went on heavily no matter what application technique I used. I use this in light brown and it's a much better color match and I like the formula better--it's easier to get a light application and looks more natural. The comb on the end is useless--I wish they'd charge a tad more and put a good spoolie like the one on the Brow Wiz on the end--but overall, I like this pencil much better than Anastasia's.. And it's cheap. Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by darkglitter91

This is an okay eyebrow pencil. I still haven't found my HG one, but this will do for now. It goes on natural looking..I only wish it was a bit darker. I like the thinness of the automatic pencil but it was used up sooo quickly I couldn't even believe it. I think it lasted me 2 weeks. Might repurchase only because I don't have anything for my eyebrows right now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this pencil for quiet some time now. I particularly love using this pencil on days when I don't have time to fill in my brows with powder (or get that defined brow shape). The best thing about this is the size of the automatic liner (great for small strokes), duo end brush and no sharpening required! I got mine in dark brown and it works perfectly on my very dark brown (blackish) brows. It's great for filling in small areas that brow powders sometimes can't seem to fill in just right - it comes out very natural looking. It's great for the ends (or tails) when filling in my brows and it stays put for hours! I've worn this during rainy weathers and it won't budge as long as you don't accidentally rub it off. Great to have in any makeup bag because it comes with a handy brush on one end :)

P.S. It doesn't have any type of waxy feel to it so topping powder on top doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Do be careful when you first twist it (up), mine doesn't seem to twist back down. I tried pushing it back down and only found myself breaking a piece of it off the tip :( So do be careful.

UPDATE 8/2/10: I've been using this for months now and prefer it over a lot of the drugstore brow pencils I have in my makeup stash. I recently purchased the 'Soft Black' shade which has been a hard to find shade in stores around my area. My brow hairs are a lot longer now (not thicker) and so the soft black works great alone for in a hurry days. Be careful applying powder over the soft black as it can come off to strong and turn black. I use a dusting of dark brown shade over the soft black. I love both shades either way! Fantastic brow pencil!