Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

This is my all-time favorite. I've used 5-6 of them already and will still be buying this product in the future. I agree that Dark Brown is rather difficult to buy so whenever I see this shade in Target, I think of stocking it immediately. The best thing about it is that it stays very long on your brows and does not fade easily. Also, the tip is very small so it's easy to shape and fill in the brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have it in dark brown, why is this color so hard to find?? I did find this color at Ulta and Target but not at the usual drugstores. This is my 3rd pencil, I go through these so fast, since they ain't too much in the product so I have 3 backups. I used smashbox, stila, benefit, revlon colorstay, and rimmel brow products but this is my HG brow pencil!

on 3/3/2010 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my second time around buying this in 'Light Blonde'. No real complaints; lasts all day, doesn't smudge, blends well. I have mixed feelings about the comb on the end though. The color is pretty spot on to the package depending on how you apply it.
However for the price, BOGO or not, you don't get very much.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was in search of a brow filler, and picked this pencil up along with a pressed powder for brows. While the powder is great, I love the pencil more! I'm afraid the little comb on the end will break, it seems fragile, but the Light Brown color is really great. Blends well, lasts, and looks natural. Will continue to repurchase! : )

on 2/24/2010 11:09:00 PM

I'm on my 2nd light brown pencil now. I love how easy it is to define my eyebrows. Looks natural not painted on.

on 2/24/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So I'm on my second pencil, I read the reviews before I tried it, and after a few months, I've decided I really like it!! Mind you i am quite eyebrow obsessive! I could of had Kim kardashian-esque brows if i never messed with them when i was younger..so after all the years of religiousy plucking and threading I had the courage to grow them out. I've tried Anastasia's eye serum and the one by ardell and there are some patches that just dont want to grow back. Im a tan asian with black hair and black thick patchy eyebrows and I find that medium brown works best for filling in the patches. I like that its twist up style. I first use short quick strokes to create the bottem line of the eyebrow (where the bald spots are) and feather in the rest. Since I pretty much use it almost every day, it lasts me around 3 months. Its 6-7 dollars around my area so the best time to get it is during bogo sales at Ulta, cvs, walgreens or whatever. It gets the job done, takes less time for me to do my eyebrows as opposed to laura gellers eyebrow marker or anastasias duo powder so i dont really feel the need to look for an alternative. The only thing I dislike is the little comb on the end of the brush like everyone says. it should be a spoolie!!

on 2/15/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After lamenting the discontinuation of Maybelline's Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils in Charcoal Grey, which was the perfect match to my medium ash brown natural hair color, I tried lots of different brow pencils, from MAC at the high end to Wet & Wild at the low end. After no longer having access to my HG brow pencil, and not being willing to shell out the ridiculous prices for the few remaining ones on ebay, I wasn't opposed to paying for a high-end pencil as long as the color was perfect. Who knows how much $$ I spent in pursuit of the perfect color. Nothing was right -- until I tried this pencil. I cannot tell a difference between the dark blonde shade and my former charcoal gray shade. Regarding packaging, I prefer bristle brow brushes, but the one on the end of this pencil is useful. I tend to prefer brow pencils that I can sharpen to a nice point, but surprisingly I find this "self-sharpening" point slim enough for me. I'm very happy with this pencil, and can finally cross this project off my list. Wait for Walgreens to run 40% off of Maybelline products, and then buy all they have...they tend to run out of this shade often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this product, I have always had very light eyebrows and this has definitely been my favorite brow liner for darkening them. I love the way it is designed and prefer it over pencil eyebrow liners, as they have always been really messy for me. :( I also found this to last a lot longer aswell, and I find that it applies beautifully when used lightly and in small strokes, I would definitely recommend.

on 2/2/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have dark brown and soft black. I'm NC40ish, wish black brows that are sparse. I find that dark brown is nice if I want a more filled in shape. The black must be used with a light hand, otherwise it looks too obvious. I wish that soft black was more gray - that would be a better color match for me. I always brush this out with a spoolie and it gives a decent finish. Not HG material, but less fussy than a powder and wax combo.

on 2/2/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im very blond and finding a brow pencil that isnt too much for me is hard! I bought this in a lil promo package with two pencils in it. I liked it very much but I was VERY unimpressed at how little was in it. Personally I would rather pay more and get more than have to buy a new one every two weeks. Guess I just need to pick up more than one at a time.

Popular Brows Products