October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by thewebgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fantastic product. As a MUA who is eyebrow OBSESSED I have worked with literally every eyebrow powder, pencil, wax, gel, marker on the professional & consumer market. LOVED this product. Great alternative to the MAC brows & still cheaper after PPID discount. I have each colour in my brush belt. Won't replace my other products that I love (MAC powders, anastasia brow kit, a set of brow markers from Turkey) but it's perfect for when I need it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the product itself. The super thin pencil gives you a very natural look, comparable to one that you would get from using a powder. I'm a natural blonde and was happy that they had a shade that was ashy enough for me to use (often times brow products are too warm/reddish for me). My biggest complaint, and reason for stating that I would not buy this again is that you use it up soooo quickly. I do have very sparse, but full in shape (does that make sense? once i fill them in they are full brows, as opposed to skinny) so each time I use this, I use up a lot of product. I found that I was re-purchasing this way more often than I wanted to be. I have since switched to using MAC's Omega eyeshadow (HUGE rave for blonde brows) and have been using the same pot for over a year. The effect is similar and its more cost efficient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Like other reviewers say, this is the best alternative to MAC eyebrow pencils. It looks and performs really similar and it's way cheaper. I love this, and I'm glad I found my shade. I think this might be the only problem, that they don't have testers for shades. But honestly, it's so cheap you might pick up a couple and try them both or use them in combination. I give this a two thumbs up

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by PinkH0llywood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful pencil for brows! Prior to discovering this product I was completely dedicated to my MAC brow pencil in Lingering. I now use the Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Medium Brown. Both shades are almost identicle. Medium Brown is a tad darker than Lingering but it's hardly noticeable. The consistency of both pencils feel identical. Define-a-Brow even seems to be longer lasting than MAC. I have combo/oily skin and when I use blotting sheets this stuff does not budge (while the MAC would transfer onto sheet). Define-a-Brow could definitely be used as a cheaper alternative to the MAC brow pencil. The price is great, and it's easily accessible at local drug stores. Try and enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i am onto my fourth pencil! this is the best thing that has ever happened to me!! the onyl problem i ave is that i dont like how the pencil doesnt retract. and the little comb on the end always ends up falling off but thats no major issue for me.
the colour matches my black eyebrows, i use the brown one. it looks very natural and doesnt write on too dark, so you can build on the colour. it is very long-lasting too, even when i sweat it stays on.
i am very pleased, i will continue to buy tthis product. it is half the price of a mac one and does the same job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by knics33

This is by far my favorite brow pencil. It blends easily and is very affordable. I also LOVE the comb- I have been using this over a spoolie ever since I got this pencil. The comb works great for grooming as well. I use it when trimming and it works great because I can lay the comb semi flat and it gives a perfect straight line. The consistency of the pencil is good because it's not too creamy where you put too much product on. If you like super creamy brow pencils, this may not be the product for you. Overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this color in Dark Brown, and I was a little worried since most eyebrow pencils tend to look too dark for me, and strong. But this doesn't do that. It looks completely natural. Not to mention it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by KAIMILK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this product in dark brown and it's the first brow pencil I have ever bought, and I love it! It's nice and pigmented, with a very thin applicator, making it great for precise brows. easy to use too, and doesnt tug onto my eyebrows like i've experienced with other eyebrow pencils. this isn't overly waxy either. It stays on all day too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is wonderful, my eyebrows are not very thick at all, and this helps really define my face. I love this product

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To me this brow pencil is only ok. It looks pretty natural on your face but it looks terrible in pictures! I ran through this very quickly and the lasting power is only ok as well. I would not rebuy. I've found better.