November 24, 2014 | 2026 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by VogonPoet81

I had a devil of a time trying to find this product. I had looked at Walmart and Target (even asked the pharmacist and he told me that they didn't carry it he acted like I was crazy or on drugs.) I guess natural remedies are not en vogue. Anyhoo, I put the Castor oil on my hair (i used too much though) and had to wash my hair several times and used apple cider vinegar to rinse it out, but my hair is super soft and lush. As for my eyelashes they do seem a bit fuller, but I've only used it for a few days. I think for better results I'll have to use it more. For more uses, check out wikipedia. It's actually fascinating. btgw, i found my castor oil for 1.99 at a local drugstore chain "Drug Mart"

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jacquieeeee

I bought this to use for my hair and it works really well. I squirt out 2-3 drops of this and my usual amount of shampoo in my hand, mix it around with my finger, and then use it normally. This works better than any conditioner i've ever tried and doesn't leave any greasy feeling. The best part is the way it keeps my hair so soft and so much LESS FRIZZY. <-- very nice surprise, wasn't expecting that at all! I will continue using this not only in place of my conditioner, but also rub some in my scalp and eyebrows to see if it works for hair growth.

*********EDIT: i followed Natalie731's advice for using this as parta of OCM and it is miraculous! Ever since one summer when i put on sunblock and sweated my butt off in above 100 degree weather, the side of my nose has been clogged up so badly that i havent been able to clear it up no matter what. I tried doing OCM using mainly castor oil and within 2 days the side of my nose has cleared up about 80%. As for the rest of my face, the pores are getting smaller and clearer as well. you dont know how happy i am!!!!! Thanks for the advice! this is seriously some kind of miracle oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by wrinklefree

I am reviewing this only for the brows as it is the only area where I use the castor oil. I do not like the smell or texture (too thick) for anything else. I apply this carefully to my brow area and I say carefully because I used to just smear it on. By doing that I had TOO much hair growth. Above my brow and below my brow. I was a plucking fool. Now I only put it exactly where I want it. My brows have grown to the thickness I need them so I at this time I haven't been using it as much. A great remedy for overplucking for sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

super cheap and super effective! I use it every night on my lashes and brows and it's worked for both. my brows grow faster...so I have to tweeze more, but they're also more filled in. I had a spot where my brow didn't have as much hair as the rest, and I used it there and it worked wonderfully really fast...in two weeks I could see noticeable effects already! Also, my lashes are so much longer than they used to be and are stronger too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have dark hair and thick dark eyelashes but very sparse eyebrows, so have always used mascara to thicken them and add definition to my face. Although my sparse eyebrows somewhat annoyed me, I didn't want to spend money on the various eyelash growth products only to find they didn't work for me, and so I have been using a combination of castor oil and essential oil of rosemary for two weeks on my eyebrows. I simply put the mix in an old serum container and every night pump out the tiniest drop and rub it along my eyebrows. I have extra hair growing and the existing hairs seem longer and more vigorous, though I doubt that's really possible in two weeks. All in all this is a cheap, effective combination that doesn't irritate my skin or make my eyes puffy. I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Castor oil works great for lashes, brows and hair! I have only been using it for a few weeks (every night), but I already notice my brows/lashes are thicker and healthier-looking, and my hair is moisturized, shiny, and less frizzy. I would recommend everyone try this and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally pale and sparse brows and lashes. I have been using organic castor oil on my lashes and brows for nearly 6 years. I don't notice any odor and the consistency is extremely thick, almost 'waxy', very much like pure jojoba and sebum (the oil occuring naturally in our skin) When I use it even semi regularly my brows and lashes look great and 'fill in'! When I stop using it, within days I can see my eyes don't look as 'fresh' and my lashes and brows fall out. I don't have any idea why it works for me, I'm just thrilled that it does. My lashes are also noticeably longer, compared to what they are when I'm not using castor oil. The real benefit however is my eyes look best when I'm using castor oil at bedtime. I wake up and the skin around my eyes is smooth without puffiness and shadows. Sometimes I wonder whether it is my dry skin that may be causing my lashes and brow hairs to be so brittle and fall out easily when I am not conditioning them with castor oil?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used Castor Oil off and on for 20 years. However, I never considered it a beauty products. My grandmother used it on her hair nightly and she would tell use to use it for EVERYTHING. Just considred it something granny knew about and passed along.

Use it on my girls hair nightly. DDD so our hair needs lots of moisture. Castor oil provides it w/out feeling greasy. I brush the oil 'into' their hair/scalp so it will not appear sit on top of their hair. (hope that makes sense).

Also pour castor oil into my lotions (usually drug store brands). Lots of moisture and gives me a nice glowy/shiny. Keeps winter skin looking freshy and dewy.

Don't like the smell but it fades quickly. Very cheap and numerous uses. A stample in my home.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to testify on the goodness of castor oil. I use it mainly on my hair and it is incredible. My hair is getting very thick, healthy, and dense thanks to the daily use of castor oil. I don't know how it does it, but castor oil will make your hair grow in thick and dark whether you use it on your brows, lashes, or scalp. This is a very old remedy that was used by the Egyptians and in my family. My great-grandmother used castor oil to keep her hair healthy. At 80 years old she had head-full of thick, shiny black hair. It keeps the skin soft too.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by skmerrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great mixed with olive oil as a facial cleansing balm. No need for expensive cleansers as this works great and removes ALL traces of those hard to remove gel liners.

I just get a small bottle and mix 25% castor to balance EVOO. Sometimes I use a little less EVOO and throw in a little jojoba. You can't do it wrong so try it. I just apply to my face without water and message in circles for 1-2 minutes. I then just rinse off. I too have oily skin and it is oil that cuts the oil. My face is very soft. Cheap and VERY effective.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No