December 18, 2014 | 1710 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by natalie731

I read every single review and every single article about the Oil Cleansing Method before I tried this out. I was literally SICK and TIRED of my bad skin.
I use 75% EVOO and 25% Castor Oil and I put it in a travel size plastic bottle. Every night I apply a good palmful all over my dry, dirty face. It is amazing at removing all your makeup. So I massage this into my face for about 5-10 minutes each night. Once I feel that I have massaged enough, I steam my pores with a hot wash rag. After steaming, start GENTLY wiping your face clean. Try to remove most of the oil, but don't freak about getting eeeevery single bit. If your face feels too dry once you are done washing then you need to add more olive oil to your mixture. If it too greasy, then obviously add more Castor oil.
It is very important not to overdo this as these oil (mainly castor) go deep deep into your pores and purge everything out over time. Dont rush it- you will only dry your whole face up. In the mornings just cleanse with warm water and pat dry...your skin should feel clean enough anyway.
Now for the ONLY bad part- there will be a purge involved here-obviously. The oils will bring all your impurities up out of your skin OVER TIME. It will not happen in a week and probably not in two weeks either. In fact- you will probably expirience some sort of breakout or flare up in the first month due to years of junk and gunk that is finally being naturally removed. Don't believe me? As you are massaging your face you will feel small grainy little thingies in your oil. These are hardened sebum plugs that have worked loose and worked out of their pore. WONDERFUL!! However, you may notive your pores looking larger....they probably are. As gunk gets purged out of your face, it makes room for itself to get out. TRUST ME keep up with it and slowly as your pores become empty (few weeks worth of loyal cleanising every night) they will slowly closeback up and almost "heal" up. You need to give it time to properly detox your face. This can take up to 3 months depending on the condtion of your skin...so hang in there even if your skin starts looking worse...it WILL eventually look better than you have ever imagined!!

One last point, I have Oily/Acne prone skin. I was very very nervous about trying this out but at the same time I was willing to give anything a shot. I leaned towards this method because I figured " well, at least im not putting more chemicals on my face" so yes...i was freaked out about slathering oil on my face please trust me...oil DOES dissolve oil, and these natural oils are SOOOO much better for your skin than all the chemical filled junk out there !! Try it!

69 out of 74 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by getouttamyface

This stuff is so great! I got it a tall bottle of organic, cold-pressed castor oil at my local Wholefoods, and it's been working miracles. I'm only mildly satisfied with the OCM (had a bit of a purging period, and it doesn't do anything spectacular that the honey mask doesn't cover... unless you're solely looking for an alternative cleanser), but the effect it's had on my eyebrows and eyelashes is astounding! I was on Lipocils religiously last year, and let's just say that I've seen more growth (longer, thicker, and NEW growth) in my first week of using castor oil than I did in 3 months of Lipocils! Also, it's SO MUCH cheaper, you can use it for the OCM, you can ingest it for various ailments, and when you want hair growth, it can be applied with a Q-tip ANYWHERE. Highly highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by VogonPoet81

I had a devil of a time trying to find this product. I had looked at Walmart and Target (even asked the pharmacist and he told me that they didn't carry it he acted like I was crazy or on drugs.) I guess natural remedies are not en vogue. Anyhoo, I put the Castor oil on my hair (i used too much though) and had to wash my hair several times and used apple cider vinegar to rinse it out, but my hair is super soft and lush. As for my eyelashes they do seem a bit fuller, but I've only used it for a few days. I think for better results I'll have to use it more. For more uses, check out wikipedia. It's actually fascinating. btgw, i found my castor oil for 1.99 at a local drugstore chain "Drug Mart"

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jacquieeeee

I bought this to use for my hair and it works really well. I squirt out 2-3 drops of this and my usual amount of shampoo in my hand, mix it around with my finger, and then use it normally. This works better than any conditioner i've ever tried and doesn't leave any greasy feeling. The best part is the way it keeps my hair so soft and so much LESS FRIZZY. <-- very nice surprise, wasn't expecting that at all! I will continue using this not only in place of my conditioner, but also rub some in my scalp and eyebrows to see if it works for hair growth.

*********EDIT: i followed Natalie731's advice for using this as parta of OCM and it is miraculous! Ever since one summer when i put on sunblock and sweated my butt off in above 100 degree weather, the side of my nose has been clogged up so badly that i havent been able to clear it up no matter what. I tried doing OCM using mainly castor oil and within 2 days the side of my nose has cleared up about 80%. As for the rest of my face, the pores are getting smaller and clearer as well. you dont know how happy i am!!!!! Thanks for the advice! this is seriously some kind of miracle oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by wrinklefree

I am reviewing this only for the brows as it is the only area where I use the castor oil. I do not like the smell or texture (too thick) for anything else. I apply this carefully to my brow area and I say carefully because I used to just smear it on. By doing that I had TOO much hair growth. Above my brow and below my brow. I was a plucking fool. Now I only put it exactly where I want it. My brows have grown to the thickness I need them so I at this time I haven't been using it as much. A great remedy for overplucking for sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

super cheap and super effective! I use it every night on my lashes and brows and it's worked for both. my brows grow faster...so I have to tweeze more, but they're also more filled in. I had a spot where my brow didn't have as much hair as the rest, and I used it there and it worked wonderfully really fast...in two weeks I could see noticeable effects already! Also, my lashes are so much longer than they used to be and are stronger too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have dark hair and thick dark eyelashes but very sparse eyebrows, so have always used mascara to thicken them and add definition to my face. Although my sparse eyebrows somewhat annoyed me, I didn't want to spend money on the various eyelash growth products only to find they didn't work for me, and so I have been using a combination of castor oil and essential oil of rosemary for two weeks on my eyebrows. I simply put the mix in an old serum container and every night pump out the tiniest drop and rub it along my eyebrows. I have extra hair growing and the existing hairs seem longer and more vigorous, though I doubt that's really possible in two weeks. All in all this is a cheap, effective combination that doesn't irritate my skin or make my eyes puffy. I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Castor oil works great for lashes, brows and hair! I have only been using it for a few weeks (every night), but I already notice my brows/lashes are thicker and healthier-looking, and my hair is moisturized, shiny, and less frizzy. I would recommend everyone try this and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally pale and sparse brows and lashes. I have been using organic castor oil on my lashes and brows for nearly 6 years. I don't notice any odor and the consistency is extremely thick, almost 'waxy', very much like pure jojoba and sebum (the oil occuring naturally in our skin) When I use it even semi regularly my brows and lashes look great and 'fill in'! When I stop using it, within days I can see my eyes don't look as 'fresh' and my lashes and brows fall out. I don't have any idea why it works for me, I'm just thrilled that it does. My lashes are also noticeably longer, compared to what they are when I'm not using castor oil. The real benefit however is my eyes look best when I'm using castor oil at bedtime. I wake up and the skin around my eyes is smooth without puffiness and shadows. Sometimes I wonder whether it is my dry skin that may be causing my lashes and brow hairs to be so brittle and fall out easily when I am not conditioning them with castor oil?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used Castor Oil off and on for 20 years. However, I never considered it a beauty products. My grandmother used it on her hair nightly and she would tell use to use it for EVERYTHING. Just considred it something granny knew about and passed along.

Use it on my girls hair nightly. DDD so our hair needs lots of moisture. Castor oil provides it w/out feeling greasy. I brush the oil 'into' their hair/scalp so it will not appear sit on top of their hair. (hope that makes sense).

Also pour castor oil into my lotions (usually drug store brands). Lots of moisture and gives me a nice glowy/shiny. Keeps winter skin looking freshy and dewy.

Don't like the smell but it fades quickly. Very cheap and numerous uses. A stample in my home.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No