September 17, 2014 | 1786 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by skmerrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great mixed with olive oil as a facial cleansing balm. No need for expensive cleansers as this works great and removes ALL traces of those hard to remove gel liners.

I just get a small bottle and mix 25% castor to balance EVOO. Sometimes I use a little less EVOO and throw in a little jojoba. You can't do it wrong so try it. I just apply to my face without water and message in circles for 1-2 minutes. I then just rinse off. I too have oily skin and it is oil that cuts the oil. My face is very soft. Cheap and VERY effective.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh yes, Castor oil is a magic oil! haha. I love this oil and use it mainly for deep conditioning my hair. What I do is mix a dime size amount of it with either olive oil or coconut oil and then slop the whole thing on top of my deep conditioner. Then I wrap a plastic grocery bag on my head and aim a blow torch, ahem, dryer, at my bag for about an hour or so while I surf the 'Net. I love the thickness of castor oil. If you mix it with other stuff, you won't notice the smell. My hair turns out extremely soft whenever I do this, but of course, I'm pretty sure it's not just the castor oil that is contributing to this! It can be used for so many things. Everyone should have it in the house.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Castor oil is a thick, sticky oil that is a great "old-time" remedy. My Grandma told me they used it to draw out boils, so I tried it on pimples (close enough to a boil, I guess) and it made them come to a head much faster than usual, instead of just simmering around under the skin being painful. I'm going to try this on my eyebrows to see if it helps. I overplucked repeatedly and now some areas don't seem to be growing back very well. BTW, I use Humco brand from Walmart.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rickshaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It can be also used on your cuticles, lips and heels. Sounds awful for someone who keeps a separate bottle for every single part of the body - but try! Apply to to your feet and wear cotton socks overnight - baby feet guaranteed. And yes, it makes eyelashes stronger and glossier. Though I didn't notice any dramatic lengh changes.
You can also add a teaspoon to hair masks. The only draw back is the smell.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too have used castor oil for my eyelashes and eyebrows. It definitely helped my eyebrows grow in thicker. Cold pressed castor oil is best, and can be obtained at a Whole Foods, Fresh Fields, or local health food store. As for my eyelashes,I didn't use it consistently enough there to see a difference, but it didn't harm my eyes any. Two thumbs up for a cheap at home remedy. Castor oil is also recommended for use in other skin problems such as burns, sunburns, skin disorders, skin cuts, abrasions, etc.

UPDATE 3/12/2010: Still using Castor Oil. I have found two additional uses that work well for me: (1) Use as a primary styling agent when creating a slick, wet bunned hair style - holds in moisture and protects ends as a heavy emollient! (2) Rich, emollient night time hand and foot cream for use before socks and moisturizing gloves.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by maschaa

I can't believe I am the first person to write on MUA about castor oil!!!

Castor oil is a wonderful natural oil that is amazing for the brows and eyelashes. It makes lashes thicker, darker, longer and stronger. It makes brow hair grow back faster and thicker too. This is especially handy for people who have very light brows and with not much hair.

You use it by applying a tiny bit of castor oil to your clean lashes and (if you want) brows before going to bed. Do this every day as part of your night routine and in a couple of weeks you will notice your brows and lashes will be thicker and longer!

I even read (on some forum) that people got a 'second layer of lashes' on top of their lashes! It works THAT well!

I personally have used this oil for a couple of weeks now. My lashes are short and my brows are thick on the inside (near nose) and then thin and colorless on the outside (appearing like I have half- a brow). I always have to draw in the outer part of my brows. So I tried this oil. I poured a little into a tiny empty travelers shower gel bottle and keep it with my face stuff. I notice my brows are groing back REALLY quickly (I am growing them out to re-do them completely) and the lighter part is getting more hair that is darker. My lashes appear a tiny bit longer, but not as much as I expected. They ARE very strong, I used to lose 5 lashes every time I rubbed my eye with eye make up remover, and now I NEVER lose a lash. BUT what really is funny and interesting, is that my lower lashes are REALLY long now! They are almost as long as my upper lashes! How weird is that.

So, for girls who need longer lashes and thicker brows this is perfect. I'm not sure where you can buy it in your country, but here in holland I bought a bottle of 50 ml for $4 at the pharmacy. You only need a tiny bit (one drop a day) so the bottle lasts you for a long time.

73 out of 73 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No