October 20, 2014 | 1551 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I have dark hair and thick dark eyelashes but very sparse eyebrows, so have always used mascara to thicken them and add definition to my face. Although my sparse eyebrows somewhat annoyed me, I didn't want to spend money on the various eyelash growth products only to find they didn't work for me, and so I have been using a combination of castor oil and essential oil of rosemary for two weeks on my eyebrows. I simply put the mix in an old serum container and every night pump out the tiniest drop and rub it along my eyebrows. I have extra hair growing and the existing hairs seem longer and more vigorous, though I doubt that's really possible in two weeks. All in all this is a cheap, effective combination that doesn't irritate my skin or make my eyes puffy. I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Castor oil works great for lashes, brows and hair! I have only been using it for a few weeks (every night), but I already notice my brows/lashes are thicker and healthier-looking, and my hair is moisturized, shiny, and less frizzy. I would recommend everyone try this and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally pale and sparse brows and lashes. I have been using organic castor oil on my lashes and brows for nearly 6 years. I don't notice any odor and the consistency is extremely thick, almost 'waxy', very much like pure jojoba and sebum (the oil occuring naturally in our skin) When I use it even semi regularly my brows and lashes look great and 'fill in'! When I stop using it, within days I can see my eyes don't look as 'fresh' and my lashes and brows fall out. I don't have any idea why it works for me, I'm just thrilled that it does. My lashes are also noticeably longer, compared to what they are when I'm not using castor oil. The real benefit however is my eyes look best when I'm using castor oil at bedtime. I wake up and the skin around my eyes is smooth without puffiness and shadows. Sometimes I wonder whether it is my dry skin that may be causing my lashes and brow hairs to be so brittle and fall out easily when I am not conditioning them with castor oil?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used Castor Oil off and on for 20 years. However, I never considered it a beauty products. My grandmother used it on her hair nightly and she would tell use to use it for EVERYTHING. Just considred it something granny knew about and passed along.

Use it on my girls hair nightly. DDD so our hair needs lots of moisture. Castor oil provides it w/out feeling greasy. I brush the oil 'into' their hair/scalp so it will not appear sit on top of their hair. (hope that makes sense).

Also pour castor oil into my lotions (usually drug store brands). Lots of moisture and gives me a nice glowy/shiny. Keeps winter skin looking freshy and dewy.

Don't like the smell but it fades quickly. Very cheap and numerous uses. A stample in my home.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to testify on the goodness of castor oil. I use it mainly on my hair and it is incredible. My hair is getting very thick, healthy, and dense thanks to the daily use of castor oil. I don't know how it does it, but castor oil will make your hair grow in thick and dark whether you use it on your brows, lashes, or scalp. This is a very old remedy that was used by the Egyptians and in my family. My great-grandmother used castor oil to keep her hair healthy. At 80 years old she had head-full of thick, shiny black hair. It keeps the skin soft too.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by skmerrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great mixed with olive oil as a facial cleansing balm. No need for expensive cleansers as this works great and removes ALL traces of those hard to remove gel liners.

I just get a small bottle and mix 25% castor to balance EVOO. Sometimes I use a little less EVOO and throw in a little jojoba. You can't do it wrong so try it. I just apply to my face without water and message in circles for 1-2 minutes. I then just rinse off. I too have oily skin and it is oil that cuts the oil. My face is very soft. Cheap and VERY effective.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh yes, Castor oil is a magic oil! haha. I love this oil and use it mainly for deep conditioning my hair. What I do is mix a dime size amount of it with either olive oil or coconut oil and then slop the whole thing on top of my deep conditioner. Then I wrap a plastic grocery bag on my head and aim a blow torch, ahem, dryer, at my bag for about an hour or so while I surf the 'Net. I love the thickness of castor oil. If you mix it with other stuff, you won't notice the smell. My hair turns out extremely soft whenever I do this, but of course, I'm pretty sure it's not just the castor oil that is contributing to this! It can be used for so many things. Everyone should have it in the house.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Castor oil is a thick, sticky oil that is a great "old-time" remedy. My Grandma told me they used it to draw out boils, so I tried it on pimples (close enough to a boil, I guess) and it made them come to a head much faster than usual, instead of just simmering around under the skin being painful. I'm going to try this on my eyebrows to see if it helps. I overplucked repeatedly and now some areas don't seem to be growing back very well. BTW, I use Humco brand from Walmart.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Rickshaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It can be also used on your cuticles, lips and heels. Sounds awful for someone who keeps a separate bottle for every single part of the body - but try! Apply to to your feet and wear cotton socks overnight - baby feet guaranteed. And yes, it makes eyelashes stronger and glossier. Though I didn't notice any dramatic lengh changes.
You can also add a teaspoon to hair masks. The only draw back is the smell.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too have used castor oil for my eyelashes and eyebrows. It definitely helped my eyebrows grow in thicker. Cold pressed castor oil is best, and can be obtained at a Whole Foods, Fresh Fields, or local health food store. As for my eyelashes,I didn't use it consistently enough there to see a difference, but it didn't harm my eyes any. Two thumbs up for a cheap at home remedy. Castor oil is also recommended for use in other skin problems such as burns, sunburns, skin disorders, skin cuts, abrasions, etc.

UPDATE 3/12/2010: Still using Castor Oil. I have found two additional uses that work well for me: (1) Use as a primary styling agent when creating a slick, wet bunned hair style - holds in moisture and protects ends as a heavy emollient! (2) Rich, emollient night time hand and foot cream for use before socks and moisturizing gloves.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No