4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Regarding the comment below me, I doubt you want to use castor oil full blast on your face. Of course it is going to be very thick and most likely break you out because of the consistency. If you want an easy one step solution, jojoba oil is the way to go.

I've been using it on my lashes and eyebrows and I've been using it for about a week. My lashes are pretty short and thin and I already notice a difference. I also put some on my scalp and hair ends as an overnight treatment and I have no problems washing it out in the morning. I hope the results will continue on the longer I use it.

The only thing is, I wish it came in a squeeze bottle. It'd be more convenient and hygienic to use. I've been using a qtip for brows and lashes.

I also find it moisturizing for under my eyes although I don't intentionally apply it there but its inevitable considering you're putting it on your lashes.

Overall, great product for under 3 bucks for a good sized bottle which will last a long time.

on 3/17/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Would I buy this product again for cosmetic purposes? Well no, for laxative purposes, well, uh frankly (I admit I did have to try it) yes. Personally I don't know what else it's good for. It seems like a decent gentle natural laxative in small doses (p.s. do your research/ contact doctor before taking). However, for cosmetic purposes I have to say it sucks. People (I don't know why the listing just says "brows" people use it for other stuff) say it's a great moisturizer, facial cleanser (using the oil cleansing method) (I think it's a terrible oil cleanser personally it leaves a film on the skin and is hard to wash off. I think it clogged my pores) and hair moisturizer (have to admit I haven't really tried it for growing? new hair like others), but it's so "darn" nasty and sticky that I say why bother? When there are so many other nice oils that moisturize better, leave skin softer and are easier to use than this thick, viscous, sticky stuff! When it comes out of the bottle it hardly has an oil texture at all, more like glycerin. I say pass.

on 3/6/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

my HGs! mix review for two products.
i mix equal parts of BB apricot baby oil ( or any oil you'd like to thin out the castor oil) and castor oil together (1tsp/ea), apply evenly to scalp only w/ a synthetic concealer brush, put in bun and place a showercap on for at least 6+ hrs (laundry/chores day) and shampoo twice out after. It has helped my hair become so shiny and there's baby hair all over the place since it's helping my hair GROW!!!!! I do this no more than twice a week since the castor oil can be drying.
Got mine at publix. Will buy again and stock up!

I also tried this for growing out eyelashes and eyebrows but it broke me out so I'll stick to my hair routine for now.

UPDATE: 3.23.09 I look forward to chore days now so that I can do my oil treatments bc it works!!! I've only used it a couple of times but there's a dramatic different in my hair. It's fuller, shinier and there's baby hair all over bc it's GROWING!

Ladies, it doesn't matter what s/c or styling products out there you use, you must try this and stick w/ it. You'll save money in the long run. Your hair will thank you and you won't have to worry about hair loss (supplements, menopause, treatments, pregnancy...) This is IT! HG for life!

on 3/1/2009 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have read every single posting on MUA about Castor Oil for both the brows as well as eyelashes. I was skeptical about purchasing this and waited for 2 months before doing so -- it's been a little over a week since my purchase/use and let me say that within 8 days of applying this to my brows every night, WOW, it truly has been working its wonders. My brows are not to thin or think, it's in between, but my right brow has less hair in certain areas due to waxing, tweezing, and brow tattooing I did 10 years ago (I would never in my wildest dreams recommend that to anyone. I'll never do it again). I did notice that some of the hair that's been missing for years are starting to appear, slowly up surely. It's only been 8 days so I can't give it 5 lippies that's why I gave it only 4. I will update again in about a week or so. So far so gooooood!
I have yet to try it on my lashes when I build up the courage.
********************************Edit*******************************
3/7/09:
I said I would give this product sometime before I do a full update/review. Well, it's been a little over two weeks now and this product has worked perfectly for my brows. My right brow is now totally filled in, all hairs that were previously missing in now ALL THERE!!! I will continue to use it until I achieve the brows I've been waiting for, for years. I wish I would have discovered this a long time ago. Another thing I might add is that I am simply using (Humco Castor Oil) purchased from Walmart.

on 2/27/2009 5:06:00 PM

My first ever review, I love this site! Just wanted to say that Castor Oil is heavily used by Indian beauties and my mum always applied to my hair, eyelashes and eybrows....I probably detested it then but you know what everyone comments on my luscious eyelashes. Alas over the years and not using castor oil, they have thinned out so guess what....I am applying castor oil on eyelashes and eyebrows myself now and already seen a positive effect. What is it with women and eyelashes, I still want more luscious long eyelashes lol :)

I can not believe how castor oil has done wonders for my hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows. I read reviews about it online and it works sooooo well. I buy at least two bottles each time. I love this product with all of my heart and I am so glad that I've found it. Not to mention, it's dirt cheap.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My eyelashes grew about 0.5cm in 2 months (I know it doesn't sound like much but it is!) and the bald spot I had in my eyebrows is starting to grow hairs! Need I say more?

on 2/24/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

at first i was skeptical because after two weeks i didnt see any results. but i kept applying every night and now...., my brows started to grow some hairs! spots that were sparse, are now full :)

on 2/20/2009 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this stuff is amazing..i was in an indian shop to thread my eyebrows and the indian lady that was suppose to thread my eyebrows advise me not to cz its to thin and i should grow them back..and i asked her how is that possible..she gave me this miracle castor oil in a huge bottle and she told me to put it on my eyelashes and my eyebrows every night before going to sleep..and i did exactly what she asked me to do because she has this amazingly long and curled thick eyelashes and her eyebrows look too good to be true but its real and mine was the total opposite of hers..sigh..anyways,i have been using it for 3 weeks now and i tell you what,my eyelashes are not only longer,thicker but its curled by itself..omg!!i am so happy to see the result..and my eyebrows are fuller than before that i don't need to fill it in with my eyebrow powder anymore..but i do hv to thread my eyebrows more often though..but i dun mind cz its more natural that way..

hair--i also started using this on my hair the past 2 weeks since i can see visible result on my eyelashes and eyebrows so soon..since it is a very thick and sticky oil,i mix it with my HG EVCO to dilute it..i apply this mixture all over my scalp..but be sure u dun put too much though or else it'll take u more time to wash it out later..i have very fine,straight,thin hair..with consistent use of this mixture,i can see those baby hairs coming out of my scalp..its not 1,not 2,but a lot of them..omg!!so excited..and i think my hair grows faster to..i can't wait to see the result in the long run..weeee!!!!try it out ladies..u'll never regret..

on 2/18/2009 1:29:00 PM

This is not a review, but since this regrows hair on lashes and eyebrows, maybe it would also work to regrow hair on the head? Anyone tried it?

Popular Brows Products