Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/30/2009 12:30:00 PM

I cannot believe how many ppl love this product. I tried and it and I really really tried to love it, but it just didn't work for me. I am going to guess it was more me than the product since there are so many rave reviews but it just didn't do anything for me and creased on me. I stick to Too Faced and MAC.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
- does significantly prolong eyeshadow wearing power
- intensifies pigmentation
- intensifies any metallic sheen
- makes the natural fine lines on your skin look less pronounced
- creates a more refined, airbrushed finish than without it

Cons:
- the squiggly packaging

continued >>

on 4/29/2009 4:40:00 PM

I stopped in Sephora earlier today to purchase this.Unfortunately,I couldn't try this on.() I already had eye make~up on.I asked the woman working what she reccommended & it was this or *Too Faced.Hmm,I decided to buy UD ^^.I opened it @ home & swiped it on my hand.I honestly didn't like the consistency of the formula,it was too sheer for me,compared to L'oreal 's eye primer.Sorry UD,have to go back to my old primer~

on 4/29/2009 8:58:00 AM

I don't know what i was doing before i started using this! The product itself is great as it prevents creasing and is in a suitably neutral colour. It really does make SUCH a difference to my eye makeup. However, as everyone else has probably found, the packaging is useless but pretty. I know that i am going to have to cut the tube at some point to remove all the remaining product.

on 4/28/2009 3:55:00 AM

I love this product so much I want to write songs about it, that is if I was a song writer at all....Anyway, it works great, I can wear my makeup all day with no creasing at all! Even in the sweaty summer. I do have to use a makeup remover to get it off though, just washing, even with a one step cleanser doesn't cut it. It loses a lippy for the packaging which sucks, and the applicator that is useless. You use the applicator to dab a little on and then smear it around with your finger. The product itself is totally worth the extra effort.

on 4/27/2009 12:38:00 PM

I have been wearing makeup for several years, but knew nothing about eyeshadow bases, until I started getting deeper into makeup and online forums/videos. I decided to buy it and give it a try. I will not wear eyeshadow unless I have a base on now. UDPP is my favorite, but I do not use it often because I am trying to lessen my exposure to toxic chemicals (parabens, GMO's, etc.), so I use Bare Escentuals Prime Time Eyelid Primer more often. BE is not the best primer and it is far from natural, but it is less toxic. UDPP is so outstanding, that I cannot understand how anyone cannot love it, or choose something like Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It dries matte, gets rid of any grease/shine on your lids and lasts all day! It is a bit hard to blend the shadows on top at first, but you eventually find a way to work for you. I love that it grabs the color and holds onto it, rather than just preventing it from creasing. The container lasts forever, that is of course you cut it open and scrape the remains (search a clean way of doing so because I got some debris from cutting into it :^(.

on 4/26/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

love this product. makes it shadow stay on like no other. however, it is very hard to blend the shadow once it is ontop of the primer potion and whoever designed the bottle wasnt thinking because it is so hard to get out of the bottle once you have used a little bit of the product. overall, i like it, i just wish they would come out with the product in a pot form or something to than nature.

on 4/26/2009 5:19:00 AM

I bought UDPP yesterday, because everyone was going on and on about how good it was. It is very good - I don't have lots of e/s, just a CS palette in which shadows are, for the most part, chalky and hard to blend. It didn't help with the blendability factor but at least, the shadows were more vibrant (as vibrant as they could be considering they're a bit crappy) and they stuck unaltered from 6.30 pm to 1 am when I washed it off.
The packaging's cute but not very practical and I'm pretty sure I'll need to depot it eventually to get as much product out as I can.

It's a great base, worth the 16€ I paid for.

on 4/26/2009 3:10:00 AM

Ok, so I bought this primer potion in hopes of a great eyeshadow base, and that's what I got! It makes your eyeshadows stay on all day, and it makes them look more vibrant. I also like this because you don't have to match this to the makeup that you are going to be wearing; since it is just a nude color, it goes with anything. The only reason why I give it 4 lippies is because of that dang packaging! The curvy bottle is packed with product, but the little wand only goes straight down so you miss out on a ton of product! But one time I was looking around on YouTube and I came across a video about getting the primer out of the bottle. All you have to do is cut the bottle open in 2 places (the widest part at the top and the smallest part at the bottom) and scoop all the product out and put into any empty container you have! I was about to throw out the bottle when I found this vid and now I have a ton more product and $17 bucks extra in my wallet!
:) mo

on 4/24/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Before, whenever i wore eyeshadow, by the end of the day, i would get that creased eyeshadow line. After using this product, it kept my eyeshadow in place all day long. I didn't get that greasy crease of eyeshadow anymore. The only bad thing I can say about this product is the packaging. I wish it was a squeez tube so that I can squeez out every last bit of it. With the wand, I feel like that is more at the bottom of the tube where the wand can't reach it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials