Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I love UDPP and I love the one in Sin much more! UDPP doesnt crease on me and makes my eyeshadows last all day.

UDPP in Sin does the same and the best thing about it is you can wear it alone. I get so many compliments about my "eyeshadow" when its really just UDPP in Sin. I hope they release more UDPP colors!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is HG for sure! Before I found out about this stuff I would have never thought that an eyeshadow primer could make a big difference, but believe me, it does!

I never realized what I was missing out on until I tried this great product! My eyeshadow stays flawless all day and hardly ever creases! This product is a little pricy, but one tube lasts awhile and the results are fantastic so I will keep buying it forever! <3

on 6/3/2009 3:04:00 PM

Most people love this product, as you can tell. I really don't. I have really try lids and this just dries them out even more! It makes them flaky and the fact that the company is trying to cheat us out of half the product! For that price, that's just ridiculous. I think I'm going to use the rest up so it doesn't go to waste and then try out Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

After reading much hype about this primer, I had to go and purchase one to see for myself. Just like everybody else, I am quite pleased with Urban Decay Primer Potion and its claims (such as no creasing & makes eyeshadows last longer) are true. And just like everybody else, the packaging is quite cute looking at it but there is no way you can use all the product unless you cut it open and transfer it.

Another thing that I have noticed is that it dries up easily once I applied it on my eye lid so I always have to hurry on putting it on and giving my lid full coverage.

For the most part, I would buy this product again. However, I am also looking forward to buying other primer products such as Too Faced Shadow Insurance and M.A.C.'s paint pot.

Packaging blows, as we all know. Other than that, it's pretty much flawless. Goes on smoothly and evenly. Makes your eyeshadow stay on all day. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could, but since there are ways to get the primer out of the container, I'll round it to a 5 instead of a 4. I think I might try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next, though.

Edit: The more and more I used this, the more and more I disliked it. It left a few flakes each time I put this on my eye. Will not be repurchasing.

on 6/2/2009 10:46:00 AM

I've been through 4-5 tubes of this stuff since it's come out, I never use eyeshadow without it. I've tried many different shadow primers, and this is the best. It evens out skintone, gives some intensification of ES color, doesn't dry out my lids or make them look crepey.
My complaint is the same as everyones: the packaging. You have to pull the ring at the top off to get more of the product out, and once you've done that the remaining product dries out faster. I don't see why there's a need for a wand at all - I apply this with my fingers because you need such a tiny amount - applying it with the wand would put way too much on your lids. IMO the best packaging for this product would be a tube with a small opening, like MACs concealer tubes...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Although I don't like the package, I like whats in it. It does work on me. No crease whatsoever. Hate the price. But it lasted me a year because I cut open the bottle and scooped the rest into a small container.

on 6/2/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It helps, makes shadows stick, look better, and last longer, only have to use a tiny bit so the bottle does last quite a while, though lots of product does get stuck in the genieness. To me its totally worth it.

PS, if you are sawing this open, please be careful. I got a nasty cut doing this, if possible use a vice clamp.

on 6/1/2009 10:50:00 PM

I use this Everyday! It works great, you only need a tiny bit, keeps eyeshadow from creasing all day & I'm notorious for wearing makeup for 12 hours+ LoL. Anyway, the only down side I'd say is not only that it's a small bottle for the price, but the shape. You have to slice it open eventually to take the tons of remaining product out, I recommend this, but be careful. It's a bit of a nuisance & I might just go back to Too Faced Shadow Insurance to avoid it really. Still, it does work great.

on 6/1/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I've been using this little cute genie in a bottle potion for quiet some time now. It has its pros and cons so I am always alternating between this and my other favorite, Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Firstly, the packaging is super cute, but quiet annoying since it's hard to tell when and if the bottle is completely empty (so cutting it apart is always the last resort for this). I'm on my 2nd bottle and while the 1st bottle lasted me a very long time, after debottling it I noticed it dried up several times after that. I do find the base itself drying *only* during the cold season when my skin is exceptionally dry including my t-zone. In the hotter weathers it's great since it sucks up the some of the oil I have on my lids. It gives any shadows very vibrant colors and they stay put pretty well. The only downfall I find when applying my shadows is blending, this product holds on to the shadows quiet quickly so applying little at a time is best when using this underneath alone. I have to add a secondary base right on top of it sometimes (MAC paint pots) to help with shadow blending. As much as I love this base, I love TFSI more (I have a review on that too) so I neglected this for a bit after getting my hands on the TFSI.

I recently started using this again not as a lid base, but an under eye concealer base! I tried TFSI and other eyeshadow bases I have in my stash and the UDPP seemed to work a lot better with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer paired together (with powder to set the two on top). I've always had problems with my under eye as far as concealing goes, it fades and creases no matter what brand I use (drugstore, department to theater makeup brands). I have extremely dark purple/blue hue type of circles under my eyes (hereditary). I even tried using eye creams/gels, face primers/base for my under eye, but it eventually fades and creases. I always have to keep my concealer in my bag at all times with me for touch up, but not anymore :D I find that one tiny VERY tiny dot is all I need, any more the concealer gets cakey, dry and hard to blend over. I also only apply little concealer at a time and found that the concealer blends a lot easier on this base than shadows do (I find taklon bristles work best for this as well). So far this is how I've been applying my concealer under my eyes with the hot weather latelyt. I do all this after my foundation application, I have not tried it beforehand, but I'm sure it'll work just as well as long as you don't apply too much foundation over the entire thing making it cakey. I've gone through a 10 hour day with this method and so far so good :)

Here's a pic after 4 hours, no foundation. This was one of the days I first tested this combination out and I loved it ever since.

Hope this was helpful, sorry for the long review! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials