Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/9/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This primer is fantastic at keeping your shadow on, which also makes causes it to make them harder to blend. It can be drying on the lids when you first start wearing it, I found that stopped after a while.

I HATE the packaging. It's just stupid, you can't get all of the product out. Some people cut the tube with serrated knife, I'm not risking cutting myself for a few dollars of product. What I do do, though, is take out the stopper after I feel that the tip isn't pulling out much product. This doubles the life of the product. A tube lasts me almost a year with regular wear.

There are other primer out there that I really like, Like Lumene and ArtDeco, but I will continue to buy this from time to time, it's a great product, too bad the packaging sucks.

on 5/8/2009 6:36:00 PM

I've heard SO much about this primer and let me tell you this, IT IS SO WORTH IT. This is my first eyeshadow primer and I love love LOVE it. My eyeshadow would never stay on after an hour or so but with UDPP it stays on for about 6 hours with no creasing. Around 7 or 8 hours, there is some slight creasing but nothing too major! The eyeshadow colors appear much brighter and smoother. I'd love to try this with some drugstore eyeshadows to see the result and I bet they would last longer and appear brighter too. Since there's been a ton of reviews on this product, I'm not going to get into too many details but all I have to say is GET THIS.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Well, all I can say is that UDPP did not work on my very oily lids. I was very disappointed because it did not live up to all the hype and it was expensive at $16.00 for .34 fl oz. bottle. UDPP has a nice soft consistency but it creased my eye shadows within a hour or so. I have had longer lasting power from eyeshadows when I wasn't wearing a base than when I used UDPP.

I would not recommend this product if you have an oil slick on your eye lids as I do, so my hunt for eyeshadow base continues.

on 5/8/2009 12:12:00 AM

UPDATE 12/9/09: I think this deserves a 5 out of 5. For the product itself. I know the packaging is really bad. I mean real bad, but what I did, and many others did was cut it open and depot it. I thought it was almost gone, but once I did that, I had sooo much more it was crazy! I filled a whole ELF mineral eyeshadow jar with it. So after doing that, I say its well worth the money. It will last a long time. I just wish I had done this with my first jar.
And as far as the product goes, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day long, and my shadow looks bright and vibrant all day long.

on 5/7/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is pretty good until you try Too Faced Shadow insurance. I found UDPP to be too sticky and I really don't like the want. It's gross to put something on your skin and then stick it back in a bottle. The bottle is awful. You cannot get the last quarter of the product out unless you cut the packaging. Then, if you cut the packaging, the product dries out.

I will not be repurchasing. So, overally..decent (not great) product. Horrible packaging.

it does what it says it will. it keeps the color on all day but the packaging is horrible. if you cut it open, you can a large half in there. also, it goes on chalky on my eyelids making eyeshadows impossible to blend. i guess my eyelids are too dry for this primer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!! I bought this product based on reviews off of youtube and at first I was like I am not paying $17 for a primer that I know will crease but I gave it a try and I am so shocked my eyeshadow truly doesn't crease even when it's hot and I am sweating. I love this so much. I am not complaining about the packaging because if and when they do change the packaging it will probably be smaller and at the same retail so they can keep it the way it is and I will keep depotting it.I love love love

on 5/7/2009 3:07:00 AM

i bought this about a week ago b/c of all the great reviews and i must say, i am very impressed! it eyeshadow stays on A LOT longer than it normally would've w/out the primer. this is def a must for all the ladies that wear eyeshaow!! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I never wear eyeshadow without this. No creasing. Eye make up stays put and for longer. Colors also appear more vibrant on top of UDPP. It does the job and does the job well. The packaging is ridiculous, but if you depot it, it's really not a big deal. Plus, a little goes a long way so all that product will last a long time. I'm still on my first UDPP and it's been over a year!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I recently purchased a bottle of primer potion and have to say it works pretty well! I put it on early in the morning and my makeup looked brand new even before I went to bed hours later. the only negative is the odd shape of the bottle, though if you get down to the bottom, you could saw the bottle in half, and either cling film the bottle or scoop out the remaining product and put it in a separate small container.

Video Reviews & Tutorials