October 20, 2014 | 2077 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great shadow primer, I too use it even when I dont wear eyeshadow because I have oily lids and I hate that but this has great staying power and wont crease at all, and when I use it when I do have shadow on it is great because the shadow will like stick onto it, and will last all day n night, the packaging is the worst, but the product is just great!**UPDATE** 02/19/10 I got my second little bottle of this, and I dont know maybe I'm tripping out, but this second bottle, the formula seems to have changed, its more watery and my lids actually crease now, and that never ever happened before with the first bottle I had, I dont know I just personally feel the formual changed but who knows, I think I might be trying that shadow insurance product, I've been hearing is real good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by hannaxbear

As most other reviewers have already said, this is a fantastic eyeshadow primer! Whenever I apply eyeshadow, it tends to dust off onto other parts of my face (something that my sister absolutely hates when she tries to test eyeshadow on me), but with this magical potion, it applies very smoothly and stays PUT all night, even when I'm clubbing (and therefore sweating) and yes, it even stays when I rub my eye!! No smudging whatsoever--everything is exactly as it is when I first put it on, no matter what, and I loveee that. The packaging is so-so, I can see why some others may be frustrated as they use more and more of the bottle, and it can be hard to apply to the eye since you kind of have to rub it in and using the applicator wand doesn't help much because it keeps adding more primer on, so use your finger or Q-tip. The price isn't too bad, considering what you get for it, and I used a coupon from Ulta, so I got it for about $12. Definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jonnayuh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm annoyed that I have to tinker around with the packaging to get my money's worth. It work well when I can get it out the bottle, but its too much work & until they change the packaging, I won't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by shalinir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome product! I have super oily eye lids and UDPP just kicks ass! lol... I use it even when I am not wearing any eyeshadow. And the effect lasts for hours! No creasing, no fading, no shine! The packaging is crappy as we all know but there are some good videos on youtube that show you how to cut the bottle in half and not waste the product. It does not go completely translucent on my eyelids since I have horrible dark circles all around my eyes and this kind of lightens it up a tad bit which is a good thing!

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by loisjean1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like other posters, I love this primer. I have oily skin, and eyeshadow used to fade or get oily and creased by the end of the day. This makes my eyeshadow last all day long -- I don't know how they do it, and it's the only one I've tried that really works. The packaging is a drag. I cut open what I thought was a used tube, and got enough to last for a few more months, making it a really good value. I'll keep buying, and keep hacking it open until they fix the design.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MaggieED

This is an amazing product. I have very oily eyelids, and have always had a problem with eye shadow creacing and wearing off by the end of the day. Even the shadows that claim not to creace! I bought this because of all the rave reviews, and it does not disappoint! I apply a small swipe to each lid, wait a moment to let it dry, then apply eye shadow. My shadow stays in place until I wash it off at night. I agree with the other reviewers that the packaging could be improved, as there appears to be nooks where the product can't be reached with the applicator. But I'll continue to repurchse because it really does deliver. I will never wear eye shadow without UDPP again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sammigirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, however when I applied it, it made my lids appear dry and creapy. I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by justlisa

i LOVE this thing!!! i have quite oily lids, so my eyeshadow tends to crease, but not with this one! amazing. stays on for ages!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by katyjane

Cannot live without this!
It really does live up to the hype around it. This makes my shadows blend easily, makes the colour really pop and best of all makes my shadows last all day! I've repurchases several times and i cannot live without this. The only downside of course is the package because whilst pretty, you loose out on a lot of product due to the design and the only way of getting to it is to hack the prettiness to pieces with a knife. UD should put this is pot form or something to that effect to help with this problem. I can't recommend this product enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by shesaysforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried several other eyeshadow primers and this one is by far the best. It really makes a difference with eyeshadow color. I cant live without it. The only down side is the packaging, cool bottle but i feel like there is still some left in the tube when youre getting down to the end. Oh well, i live and breathe by it!