November 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by evelin805

I love Urban Decay primer potion it's the best eyeshadow base that ive ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It even makes the cheapest eyeshadows stay on beautifully. I hear the packaging is wrong but the product for me is great. Will buy again when I am finished with this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reccommended this at a house party & for some reason decided to take the advice of a drunk girl I met.
And how glad I am that I did!
I got the bumper size version alongside with two eyeshadows :)
My eyeliner always slid off and this stuff keeps it on :)
It keeps eyeshadow & eyeliner on when I do apple bobbing.
Just a brilliant buy, lasts forever too ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MCalixto2390

I have oily eyelids and I rarely bothered applying much eyeshadow. Only neutral colors to avoid that line in the eye-crease >_< I tried the UDPP in Sephora and noticed that it went on creamy but when rubbed in, it makes your eyelid feel powdery and dry. I didn't mind at all. I tried the asphyxia shadow and OMG, I loved how it looked. The lady there helped me fix my make-up. (My eyeliner was rubbing off already!) She used various but inexpensive products on my face and I loved how it looked. Mind you, this was a few years ago during the summer, so my fave gets OILY in heat. My make-up stayed in place the entire day and the next day, I went back to Sephora and purchased everything she had shown me. If that lady (she doesn't work there anymore, so I never caught her name) wasn't there that day, who knows!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jessieheartsmakeup

This is a really great primer and I always use it whenever I want my shadows to last a long time and it really helps a lot. It helps my shadows go on well and I can definately see them lasting a much longer time. Personally I do not really have a problem with the packaging but it is annoying to get everything out of but I have a method in which I de-pot it to get the most out of it.
I would probably repurchase but i would like to try the too faced shadow insurance

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a year, thinking it was the best stuff on earth. Then, upon further inspection, I realized it was making my high end base shadows appear chalky and uneven. Despite carefully dabbing the "potion" all over my lids, when I'd swipe on my shadows, sometimes it would gap near the outer corners of my eyes. Not all that attractive. To it's credit, it does prevent creasing and it makes my eye makeup last all day. However, it has some major points taken off for its awful, gimmicky packaging. The wand is really unhelpful, and I am not about to destruct the case in order to get my money's worth. If I paid for it, I should be able to get to it, without sawing it apart. My eyelids aren't dry, but they aren't oil slicks, either. The formula would most likely benefit someone with really oily lids, as I think the "chalky" factor is due in part to it being on the drying side. I just bought Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, and I am loving it so far. Silkier texture, perfect packaging, and it keeps even my cream eyeshadows from creasing, which is impressive. I would suggest testing them both out first to see which primer would be more appropriate for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tulsanurse1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this stuff. I have never used a primer that does what it claims to do, until now. It totally makes my e/s pop with intense color, it extends the wear time beyond my expectations and is very spreadable. The only complaint I have is the packaging. Too cute but too worthless lol. I will definitely be purchasing this product again but I know it will be a long time away because you only need a small dab.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by kgrossi

This is my HG product! I don't know how I ever lived without it. It makes my shadow stay on all day- which for me sometimes means 12+ hours. Not only does it help your shadow stay put, but it also helps to make the color payoff better. Best of all, I never get creasing! And I have very oily lids, so for me it is just great.
This product does have some downsides. First, it's kinda pricey. Second, I don't like the packaging. I fell like alot of product gets wasted in the tube. I know of some people who cut open the tube and depot it, but I never have ( I'm thinking about it though).
Overall, I would say, give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff really helps my eye shadow and liner last. Everything creases on me, so this really helps. I still have some fading after a while with some shadows, but it's way better than without this primer. It can look kind of cakey if I line my lower lash line with it in order to keep liner/powder from running/creasing below my eye. Because of that, and reading about the packaging issue (I haven't used mine up yet, so I haven't had to cut it open!) I'll probably try too faced shadow insurance next time, but this is definitely good stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by katana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm.. I read some of the reviews before buying, and expected a lot. I use mainly mineral eyeshadows, and this primer might make them last A BIT longer, but the difference isn't really noticable on me. I might buy it again, though, as it feels quite nice on, and makes application a bit more easy.