Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

LOVE the Primer Potion! It goes on with a nice, matte finish and it holds my eyeshadow ALL day! I just wore it to an outdoor fest, I was roasting and sweating all day in the hot sun wearing fuscia showdow and black liner. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my eye makeup was still perfect!

The only thing that sucks is the shitty packaging. When I first bought mine, it fell in the sink and he base cracked and all the product oozed out. I was pissed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the horrible packaging, I love love love this eyeshadow primer! I have very oily lids and this is the only primer that makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. The cream is a light beige color that dries to a matte finish. This primer truly is a God-send for people with very oily eyelids, like me. Your eyeshadow will not crease with this primer, no matter what you throw at it. It makes your colors more vivid, and the lasting power is infinite. It even helps with the staying power of your eyeliners (cream, gel, pencil, liquid, etc...). Comes off easily with water, yet won't budge under sweat, tears, or even the horrible humidity of south Louisiana! Here's a tip if you find blending to be a problem with this primer: Set the primer with a translucent powder. This will not change how the shadow wears or looks, but will aid in blending. Now for the one downfall of this product... The main problem that I have with this product is the packaging. After a while of using the UDPP, you begin to think that you have run out of product. It's not so. Some people resort to cutting open the packaging, which I have done in the past, but I don't do that anymore. The problem that I ran into whenever I'd cut open the packaging is that there would be very little pieces of the packaging in the cream from cutting it open. I now take the plastic stopper out of the top and find that I get more product that way. This is the 5th bottle that I've purchased, so I'd say that it's safe to assume that I'd repurchase! This retails for around $17 at your local Sephora, Ulta, or on urbandecay.com.

Absolutely love this stuff! IDK how I wore eyeshadow without it!
Brightens up shadow & makes colors more vivid & pigmented.
Shadow lasts all day no creasing or fading.This is the 1st primer I have ever used but it's so good that I dont wanna try anything else! Def try it!

I must be the only woman on earth (or at least, one of the very few) who doesn't love this primer. Thank God it was only a sample. This primer dries SO quickly I found it nearly impossible to distribute it properly when I applied it. It also does NOTHING to smooth out any crepey-ness on the lids. Even though my shadow hasn't budged, I think I'll stick with my HG, Aquatique, for the time being. Not fussy about this product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like using this, it's a must for me when I use pigments, it really does work and doesn't crease my shadow, my only pet peeve with this is the packaging, this is my second tube, it feels like it runs out pretty fast, but in reality it doesn't, more than half of the product is still in the container after you think it's all gone. You have to cut it open and put it in another container to finish using up the rest of the product and really who has time for all that? it's a good product but not worth all that work to get ALL the product out.

I just cannot make up my mind about this product. I decided to give it a go after countless guru's on youtube recomended it but even though i've had it a good 4 months, i still cannot for the life of me decide if it is worth the expense and the hype!
It does what it says on the tin; a good base for eyeshadow. But there is no extrat pa-zaz that makes it special and different than a MAC paintpot as a base. I feel Urban Decay, as do Benefit, have an amazing marketing team behind them who seem to make these products so very attractive until you begin to use them.
Am I being too fussy I think? Why am I expecting Primer Potion to do something other than what it's purpose is? Good for a beginner in make-up like I am but I don't think I will repurchase. Sorry Urban Decay!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, this product lives up to all the hype it is getting. I absolutely love, LOVE it. I used it for the first time for a little girls birthday party. It was an extremely hot day and I was sweating. My make-up stayed in place with not even one crease. its the best. Everyone hates the the packaging but dont think its THAT bad ... whatever, do with what you get!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HALLELUJAH! They made new packaging!! When I heard about the new packaging idea, I was so excited that I went out and bought a new one even though I had a close-to-full one at home. The new slanted doe-foot does allow you to access more product and this opens so many windows for me. No more sawing the freakishly shaped bottle in half and scraping product out with a little spatula.....

On to my review: I own many different primers and this one is my "fall back" primer. I go out on a limb and try different primers, but always end up returning to this product. It is velvety smooth and holds color for hours on end. It really brightens up the shadow and makes the colors more vivid and pigmented. Plus, it holds pigments and loose shadows nicely which is a must-have for me. I can't stand fallout. It blends into my skin tone like a dream no matter what color I am: ghost white in winter or sunkissed tan in summer. This product is an essential for eye make-up!!

The Urban primer worked a lot better than the Benefit primer and it has a much better consistency but a big problem I have with it is that it only lasted a month and the Benefit primer has lasted me longer than that. I'd like to see it come in a jar because I think a lot of the product was wasted because of it's odd shape.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have to confess I haven't tried any other eye primers, however I am please with the way it works, and I love the way it feels.
Packaging is annoying, of course, and I'm almost to the point where I'll have to cut it open and scrape it out, which I am not looking forward to , but will do b/c I love it!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials