Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Although I don't like the package, I like whats in it. It does work on me. No crease whatsoever. Hate the price. But it lasted me a year because I cut open the bottle and scooped the rest into a small container.

on 6/2/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It helps, makes shadows stick, look better, and last longer, only have to use a tiny bit so the bottle does last quite a while, though lots of product does get stuck in the genieness. To me its totally worth it.

PS, if you are sawing this open, please be careful. I got a nasty cut doing this, if possible use a vice clamp.

on 6/1/2009 10:50:00 PM

I use this Everyday! It works great, you only need a tiny bit, keeps eyeshadow from creasing all day & I'm notorious for wearing makeup for 12 hours+ LoL. Anyway, the only down side I'd say is not only that it's a small bottle for the price, but the shape. You have to slice it open eventually to take the tons of remaining product out, I recommend this, but be careful. It's a bit of a nuisance & I might just go back to Too Faced Shadow Insurance to avoid it really. Still, it does work great.

on 6/1/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I've been using this little cute genie in a bottle potion for quiet some time now. It has its pros and cons so I am always alternating between this and my other favorite, Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Firstly, the packaging is super cute, but quiet annoying since it's hard to tell when and if the bottle is completely empty (so cutting it apart is always the last resort for this). I'm on my 2nd bottle and while the 1st bottle lasted me a very long time, after debottling it I noticed it dried up several times after that. I do find the base itself drying *only* during the cold season when my skin is exceptionally dry including my t-zone. In the hotter weathers it's great since it sucks up the some of the oil I have on my lids. It gives any shadows very vibrant colors and they stay put pretty well. The only downfall I find when applying my shadows is blending, this product holds on to the shadows quiet quickly so applying little at a time is best when using this underneath alone. I have to add a secondary base right on top of it sometimes (MAC paint pots) to help with shadow blending. As much as I love this base, I love TFSI more (I have a review on that too) so I neglected this for a bit after getting my hands on the TFSI.

I recently started using this again not as a lid base, but an under eye concealer base! I tried TFSI and other eyeshadow bases I have in my stash and the UDPP seemed to work a lot better with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer paired together (with powder to set the two on top). I've always had problems with my under eye as far as concealing goes, it fades and creases no matter what brand I use (drugstore, department to theater makeup brands). I have extremely dark purple/blue hue type of circles under my eyes (hereditary). I even tried using eye creams/gels, face primers/base for my under eye, but it eventually fades and creases. I always have to keep my concealer in my bag at all times with me for touch up, but not anymore :D I find that one tiny VERY tiny dot is all I need, any more the concealer gets cakey, dry and hard to blend over. I also only apply little concealer at a time and found that the concealer blends a lot easier on this base than shadows do (I find taklon bristles work best for this as well). So far this is how I've been applying my concealer under my eyes with the hot weather latelyt. I do all this after my foundation application, I have not tried it beforehand, but I'm sure it'll work just as well as long as you don't apply too much foundation over the entire thing making it cakey. I've gone through a 10 hour day with this method and so far so good :)

Here's a pic after 4 hours, no foundation. This was one of the days I first tested this combination out and I loved it ever since.

Hope this was helpful, sorry for the long review! continued >>

on 6/1/2009 1:59:00 PM

Nice product. You don't have to use a whole a lot and it helps prevent the shadow from creasing. I got this with my deluxe shadow palette, and the packaging is alright. But for the full size product, the packaging is so cute, yet so not functional.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

great product. keeps my e/s and liner stay on for a very long time considering the fact that i have very oily lids. it's pricey but it does last you a very long time. this is my go to primer as i have quite a few of them. one of the best ones out there also :)

on 6/1/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great product!!! As other reviewers have mentioned it's truly another staple in your makeup bag. However, as other reviewers may have also mentioned, you have to be careful not to add too much because it will crease!!! Also the packaging isn't the best, but once you think you're at the last of the product just chop it open and put it in a small container and you'll be set for another three months!!! :)

on 5/30/2009 11:26:00 PM

I don't actually have the actual product, meaning the bottle and all, my friend actually gave me a sample after de-bottling it, since we all know the packaging is well, ridiculous.
This is a great primer it does what it says, doesn't crease, my eyeshadow didn't fade & stayed vibrant all day, but the thing I have with this is that it is so hard to blend colors with it. The primer grabs the eyeshadow fast, making it hard for you to blend multiple colors together. It took me longer to blend the outter edges and when the colors meet.
But it isn't anything big that won't make me buy the real product. So whenever I'm going out or have a special occasion to attend, I use my sample of the primer, a little goes a long way, and I use a cream base on top of the primer and it makes it easier to blend and also gives my eye shadows a sticky base to stick on. (:

on 5/30/2009 10:23:00 PM

This is, of course, a wonderful primer. However, I will be using too faced shadow insurance from now on. They basically perform the same, except that the wand and packaging is a headache that you simply don't have to deal with when you use too face shadow insurance.

on 5/30/2009 10:01:00 PM

I love this stuff, it does what it says and doesn't irritate my eyelids which tend to be sensitvie and react to certain cosmetics. But like everyone else, I don't like the packaging. It's wasteful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials