Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First off, the packaging for this is awful! So hard to get the product out! That being said, I really doubted this product at first. I used it once, felt like it did nothing but a few weeks later decided to try it again when going out with my bf. I used it with Nars cream shadow, which usually creases on me, but I checked myself in the mirror at the end of the night (about 5 hrs later) and was amazed! The Nars looked perfect! No creasing, no fading! I used the primer potion again the next night, this time with BeneFit Big Beautiful Eyes and again, wow with the staying power! I'm a convert!

LOVE IT! It's the best eye primer, especially after trying Nars, Bare Escentuals, Revlon, Neutrogena, etc.,. Love it, lasts a loooong time and DOESNT smear my shadows or pencil liner. The casing for the product kind of sucks because it's hour-glass/genie figure doesn't allow for a lot to come out. MY friend actually sawed hers in half and took out twice as much and put it in an empty pot!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

by far the best product i have ever used !! I have very oily eyelids and have been looking for something that does what it claims but nothing worked as perfectly as this one . I have used them all, and this one keeps the eyeshadow right were you put it - all day !

Primer potion has solved the problem of my eye makeup creasing on my top lids and liner running under my eyes. I also don't have to do any touch ups to my makeup all day. Primer potion also makes eyeshadows more vivid. Enkore on youtube has a demo video of this. I like that it is matte and dries colorless. I tested Sin, the colored version, and it was visible for hours and hours. So, I'm assuming this has similar staying power. The price isn't bad at $17, especially because so little product is required per use. The packaging looks cheap, which made it hard for me to take the product claims seriously until I read all the glowing reviews. I hope they fixed the problems with being able to get all the product out. I think the new bent wand tip was designed to solve the problem.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff ! it is my HG e/s primer, and it does exactly what it says it does. After I apply this, I have to work fast so that I can blend my e/s in properly. If I let my un-blended e/s sit on my lids after applying this stuff (and letting it dry, of course), it'll stay put. My e/s stays put and vibrant. There are many nights when I just forget to wash my face b/c I'm so tired, and I wake up to my e/s looking the exact same way it did when I first applied it. This stuff is smooth, lightweight and easy to apply. My only gripe is the packaging. While cute, I fear that once I run low on this stuff that I'll end up cutting it open and decanting it into a 5g jar. I think the packaging would be a lot better if it were in a put with a screw-top lid and more solid like MAC's e/s primers. They can still pull off the adorable look if they went for the pot packaging instead.
I see they've changed the regular doe-foot applicator to a bent doe foot applicator. Might help a little, and I will have to give that one a shot to see for myself. :)
Either way, I will buy this again and again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought Iíd contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

Well what can I say that already hasnít been said about this. Gone are the days that I have had to bring my eye shadow with me on a night out to touchup. So now, if I have a tiny clutch, its valuable space is used for my keys and cab fare home. Hurrah for this primer. Simply put Ė Buy it! Iíve got three in my drawer right now in case Urban Decay have some mad fit and discontinue it. You just never know.

I have to say Im very very impressed with this product. Ever since I can remember my eyeshadow either disappears within a couple of hours or it creases- even crease free eyeshadow still creases.

I read reviews about Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyes and decided to give it a try.

My eyeshadow SERIOUSLY LASTS ALL DAY! It doesnt crease either. Even when I hit the gym straight from work and run on the treadmill for an hour sweating buckets down my face - my eyeshadow remains intact - its amazing. This is a keeper for me.

My only gripe with it is I think the application stick could be improved - its a bit messy - but other than that - it gets the stars from me.

If they could invent one for lips that keeps my lipstick on all day I could save a bloomin fortune on replacement lipsticks!!

I think EVERYBODY knows that this is simply the best stuff on the market. It really does what it says, and keeps my eyeshadow on ....for a very very very looong time! The only down fall is the packaging. I was ready to throw out my first bottle because i thought it ended but I decided to cut it open and see if there is any more left...THERE WAS A WHOLE FRICKIN LOT LEFT!! There was enough left to last me like...a half a year or a whole year! I don't know know what to do about the packaging...but since the product itself is amzing I am on my 2nd bottle and it's awesome. :::))) ♥

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, this is my first review of a product. I just never could get myself to write a review since most products I have tried never seemed so bad or so good. Until I tried UDPP...I had to try it based on all the rave reviews...and I'm really glad I did. Yesterday, I wore Lancome's eye shadow that creased on me within an hour of application, especially due to the hot weather. Today, I wore the same eye shadow with the UDPP and my shadow has been in place all day since the morning and no crease still! Can't believe it.

I wanted to love UDPP; I wanted it to be HG material, but alas, it falls just short of the finish line. While it does make my shadows more vivid and true to color, it tends to make my eye makeup crease more than it does without this product. It will also extend the longevity of my shadow, but again it tends to crease badly. I've tried using a variety of powders, creams, and pencils as shadow, but UDPP is definitely the creasing culprit on me. I do continue to use it on a semi-regular basis, as I like how it makes the colors more vivid, but I do not use it for a regular workday so I can avoid the awful creasing it seems to cause. Maybe it's just my oily eyelids, but TFSI seems to stop creasing much better than this product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials