Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/13/2009 5:15:00 PM

I finally purchased this product after listening to all the rave reviews and hype. I'll have to say that I'm slightly disappointed and that is most likely due to how much I hoped it would be this perfect magical product. I'm not saying that this is bad by any means, just don't expect perfection. My shadows apply more vividly and resist creasing but I feel that they fade a bit throughout the day, which is my only complaint about the product itself. Also, the interesting packaging will be a PITA when it starts to run low. They've tried to combat the packaging problem with making the wand applicator angled and I hope it helps. I would definetly buy this again.

on 6/12/2009 3:27:00 PM

I bought a mini trial size off of eBay to try out before shelling out $17.
I have oily lids, and my Elizabeth Arden primer lasts me about 4h without creasing.
UDPP lasted me 7 hours without any sign of creasing, so I'm very very happy.

on 6/12/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Such a perfect primer. It dries easily and is quick to apply with the help of the sponge-tip applicatior. The nude-colored base lets your eyeshadow show 100% of its color. It rarely creases and lasts day to night. My makeup tends to crease slightly after a night of clubbing, but not when I'm wearing this! I wish this came in a solid concentrated form because the awkward applicator prevents you from accessing the dregs of the product in the bottom of the bottle. Aside from that (hence the -1 lippy), this stuff rocks!

EDIT: TFSI is better IMO. I know this comes in a squeeze tube now though.

on 6/11/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG, I believe the hype! I was so excited to try this! I swapped for it and just.. CANT BELIEVE HOW GREAT UDPP IS! I put my ES on 11 hours ago and I still have NO creases or signs of lt fading. I am stunned. I need to stockpile it. I have a feeling this will be a HG for me! I'm in love. I can see how the bottle will be a pain when it starts running low but I can deal for now. Anyone who wants their shadows to POP should get this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great primer for the eye area. I have oily/combo skin, and this product makes shadows go on smoother and more vibrant and last longer. Not a lot is needed either, so the tube lasts a long time. Even longer when you cut it open. The "new" packaging with the bent brush...already bent the brush in my old bottle by myself and just cut it open. I have a full sample jar of product even after the brush stopped picking up product. I love what it does for my shadows but don't love the packaging. It will last a long time though, I'm only not even done with my first bottle and have had it for a year and a half.

Even Mac paints crease on me, but UDPP never has. This stuff is truly the best for applying under eye shadow and liner to prevent smudging and creasing. I hate having to do an extra "step" in my morning routine but it keeps my eye makeup intact for 10-12 hours (before this I'd maybe get 6 hours before everything melted away) and drastically reduces the need for touch ups. I haven't found a smudge-proof eyeliner or crease-proof shadow yet, so until I do I'll be applying this. I've heard raves for Too Faced Shadow Insurance also, so I might try that because I think a tube would be more convenient than the doe-foot applicator.

on 6/9/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first eye shadow primer I bought, and it has never failed me. No creases, streaking or anything. It just goes to work all day. I really wish the packaging were different because it finishes so fast and I'm convinced there must be some product left in there.

on 6/9/2009 1:07:00 AM

This is the first primer I have ever used. I wish I had found out about this sooner!

This primer really makes your eyeshadow stay all day long, but most impressively, I ALWAYS get raccoon eyes on my lower lash line, no matter what kind of smudge proof eyeliner I use. Using UDPP along the bottom lash line really helps and I'm no longer embarrassed when I look at my face late in the day. No raccoon eyes, woohoo!!

The product is a little pricey, but I think it's totally worth it.

on 6/8/2009 9:46:00 PM

this primer astounded me, it was the first one I'd ever used; but by the end of the day, your eye makeup looks like you just put it on! PLUS it makes eyeshadows brighter & better :)

MAKE SURE THOUGH******
make sure once you;re done the bottle to cut it open and depot what's inside! That tiny bottle has lasted me an entire YEAR because I scooped out what was left! DO IT youll be shocked at how much is still in there! (help? look up "depot udpp" on youtube)

on 6/8/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great for keeping my eyeshadow in place all day. Last on hot days too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials