July 30, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2002 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kate8

I've had good luck with Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. Several other products that soften or protect my lips also tend to make me break out, and I've never had that problem with Burt's. Also never had a problem getting the tin open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2002 3:53:00 PM More reviews by crys20

I bought this in the tube because I heard the tin was horrible to get open. I love this though. I picked it up when I went to the Hershey Gardens in Hershey, PA. The feeling it leaves on my lips from the peppermint is soothing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2002 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Calamity

Keeps my lips happy and soft, and I love the cooling sensation. I often use it under lipstick. The little tin is bloody evil, though - next time I'm getting the tube version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2002 1:37:00 AM More reviews by beastygirl

I could have sworn I'd reviewed this..but I guess not!

I love this stuff. Yeah, the tin can be a pain, but it's available in tube form as well. I've discovered, however, you actually get twice as much if you buy it in a tin. So after going through my tube in about a month (that's pretty fast for me) I decided to try the tin...and it's alright.

Anyway, back to the point. The lib balm is great. Some people think that peppermint is too drying, but it hasn't dried my lips out at all. One of (if not the) best lip balms I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2002 9:43:00 PM More reviews by aimaddict

there is also a twist tube version- for those who have difficulty with the pot.. i personally think its gross to stick my finger in it and apply it on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2002 10:48:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells like Spearmint gum. Feels minty and moisturizing at first but then seems to just dry out my lips completely. The tin is sort of a pain. It's okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2002 2:13:00 AM More reviews by haloinrverse

i love this so much that im on my third tube. its a really unique all natural lip balm made with peppermint oil, which makes your lips pleasantly tingly.
its very moisturizing, and not too waxy, though waxy enough to stay put. i wouldnt reccommend putting it on chapped lips because of the amount of peppermint oil.
the original tin used to be a real pain to get open, but they have since redesigned it with a lip around the edge of the lid. the balm is a bit too hard to effectively apply with your finger, so go for the tube instead. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2002 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this a lot! Minty scent, tingly feeling, very moisturizing! I only like the tube form though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2002 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ju7ia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this in the stick form. I keep it on my keychain with one of those smackers lids with the ring on it. I use it every day, and love the way the tingle makes my lips a nice shade of natural red.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2002 12:05:00 PM More reviews by carla_marie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff!! i hate the consistency of regular lip balm (too...slippery, for lack of a better word.) so this stuff is great for me! the only problem, however, is that when you buy it in the tin, it's awfully hard to get out. so i only buy the tube.