Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/28/2009 8:42:00 PM

After only just realising this product existed i am very pleased to have as part of my makeup collection. It works so so well, the first time i used it i had quite a heavy makeup look as i was attending a wedding. I applied the primer before my pigment around 10am and by 2am the next day it was still highly pigmented and almost perfect. I would highly recommend. The only reason i gave this a 4 was because the packaging is rubbish, really awful. I worry that soon it will run out and although the "potion" is a cute and original idea i feel it could have been better packaged and be less of a gimmick. However only costing £9 i think it is value for money. Definately buy this again!

on 5/28/2009 4:15:00 AM

This is definitely a staple for many and used to be my HG but honestly I just got sick of wasting so much product in the horrible packaging lol. Also after a while this product lost its staaying power for me and have since switched to bare escentual primer which is a mess free twist pen style and very light!

on 5/27/2009 5:08:00 PM

I love it, just not the packaging.

on 5/27/2009 2:47:00 PM

One of my HG products! I use this every day. The best eyeshadow base I've found - hands down. Never creases and really pumps the color.

on 5/27/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is an amazing product!!! i totally love it!!! my eyeshadow stays on all day without creasing or anything not only that it makes my eyeshadow brighter and more noticeable.....will buy again

on 5/26/2009 8:18:00 PM

WOW WOW WOW.

i am so mad at myself for not purchasing this YEARS ago. It is the best best best eye product i have ever used. I have always suffered from smudged eyeliner, and had since given up hope for long lasting eye makeup! that was until i discovered this primer potion. i don't know how it works- but man is it amazing. i am now able to wear eyeshadow without creasing! and even pencil liner! it is just so amazing. I got all my friends to use it as well. with this primer potion, i was able to wear eyemakeup onto a plane...which was a 9+ hour flight! without ANY smudges. none. not even creasing of my eyeshadow.

i used to avoid all sorts of eye products, and would only use gel liners, or liquid liners, which would still smudge mid day! BUT this primer is just phenominal. not a smudge...plus i have very greasy lids and it keeps that under wraps too.

just buy it now. =)

on 5/26/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Why did I wait so long to buy this primer? why! Well im glad I bought it cause it is fantastic! I love it with all my heart and soul! lol. I wear a couple before this one and they were meh didnt live up to what udpp does. I had been lemming this for months but really didnt want to get it cause of the packaging but I wanted to try it. My eyeshadow stays on ALL day with this primer and they look even more vibrant. I love it and will repurchase over and over.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best primer I've ever tried. It goes on smooth, helps my shadows last longer, no creasing worries, and extremely easy to blend. A little dab will do. No need to reinforce this primer, either. This primer is highly recommended!
The packaging doesn't bother me as much as it did when I started using UDPP. It's possible that I got use to it. This would be my only gripe. Yet, it wouldn't prevent me from future purchases. It's just that good.

on 5/25/2009 9:15:00 PM

This product lives up to the hype. Works with powder or cream shadows and totally eliminates any creasing no matter how long you wear it. Keeps eye shadow looking freshly applied and never dries out the eyelid area. Be careful when twisting the packaging closed. I twisted closed my first tube too tightly and cracked the screw top area and of course the product dried out way before itís time. Iíve since repurchased numerous times and never had another packaging issue. Outstanding product Ė highly recommend.

on 5/25/2009 8:10:00 PM

I love this primer!! I've tried other bases and some creams that dry quickly, but this is the first item I've used that stops creasing.
I've worn UDPP under various eye shadows for up to, and sometimes a little over, 12 hours straight with no problems. Sweat and slept in my e/s with no creasing or even fading -not even once. My e/s continues to look as vibrant and sharp as when I applied it, for the rest of the day and well into the night.
-I also have very oily lids, but once this stuff is on and dry, my lids are dry and matte all day.

Doesn't take much, just a little smear across your lid and blend it in all over lid, as well as, under eye -wherever you wear your e/s. Let it dry and then start applying your e/s. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds, a minute at the most.
-Should be a thick cream, not watery at all. Again, doesn't take much at all. Too much and your e/s may crease.

The container sucks but you can cut the container in half long-wise to get to the rest of the product once the applicator can't pick anymore up.
-Looks good, but really bad design.

The only issue I have with this product, aside from the packaging, is once it's dried and has a matte look and texture...sometimes it's a little hard to perfectly blend pressed shadows.The color sticks a little 'too' well. But that could just be something I need to learn to work with.

Despite the expensive pricing of nearly $20 per bottle, I will definitely be re-purchasing once I run out. But I hope to get the extra-large bottle. This stuff lasts me such a long time, anyway.

While I'm curious about trying out some different e/s primers, I feel no need/desire to switch to something else. This does wonders for me and I'm wanting to share it with a friend and my sister.:)

Where has this stuff been all my life!!? ;D

Video Reviews & Tutorials