Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 12/14/2002 9:09:00 PM

Wonderful. I love this. The peppermint flavor is very energizing. It stays on my lips well. I like Smith's Rosebud slightly better because it makes my lips shinier, a plus in my opinion. But, other than that, I adore this balm! A holy grail! Dont buy the one in the cute tin, though, IT IS NOT THE SAME- it is like literal WAX. ick.

on 12/9/2002 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

As the other reviews noted about about this lip balm, I agree this is not a great product if you want a really moisturizing product. But I think it is the best thing I have ever used as a base before lip liner or lipstick. It really helps prevent feathering, and uneven application. You also have to be a big fan of cinnamint taste/tingle too. Try it out for this purpose, its cheap. If you hate it on your lips, keep it in your purse for a cuticle moisturizer!

on 12/8/2002 8:38:00 PM

I used to love this item after receiving it in a swap. I couldn't get enough of it and it was my bedside lip balm. now my lips have gotten very sensitive to it's tingling, and it actually burns them! Ouch!

on 12/6/2002 6:05:00 PM

I love this lip balm!! When you put it on in tastes good and everything it feels good on your lips and then it starts tingling. It feels so good and it doesn't make my lips dry which is always a plus.

on 12/6/2002 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I liked the little tin a lot, so I bought this stuff. It feels good immediately after you put it on, but then it starts to burn a bit (I'm a fan of minty lip balms, but this was almost too much) and it dries up and leaves your lips somehow more uncomfortable than before you put the balm on. I kinda feel like I should be putting this on achey muscles instead. I'll stick with Carmex or Natural Ice for my lips.

on 11/25/2002 8:04:00 PM

So fresh and minty. I feel like it really softens and makes my lips fuller and less wrinkly. It doesn't do much for super chapped lips but for daily wear it's great.

on 11/25/2002 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This lipbalm is all right. Nothing special, though. Kind of like the minty, tingling feeling but it isn't as emollient as I like my lipbalms to be. Will finish the tube, but will not re-purchase.

Update: now that I have been using this every night for about a month, I am less happy with it. My lips are actually drier! Haven't changed anything else regarding my lips except the lip balm. Yuck - I am not even going to finish the tube now.

on 11/24/2002 6:54:00 AM

I don't enjoy minty/tingly lip products, so you can bet I didn't like this. I didn't find it moisturised very well either. I much prefer my Rosebud Salve to this, or even a Bonne Bell Lipsmackers. Gave this to my sister.

on 11/21/2002 1:05:00 PM

Nothing special here. Actually found it dried my lips. I think I'm done with Burt's Bees products. Products just don't cut it..

on 11/21/2002 11:56:00 AM

I don't think this is such a great balm. It feels really waxy. Not worth the money. Try carmex or Labello or even plain old vaseline.

Popular Lip Treatments