July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by YiXiong

There was a lot of hype on this product. but personally I don't think it is all that.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It helps my shadow go on smoother and crease less at the end of the day, but the packaging needs to go. You can't access like 75% of the product because it all pushes away to the side...such a waste! I will only repurchase this item if UD changes the packaging to a squeeze tube or a twist pen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes, it works but for me I won't be buying it again. I am giving a neutral rating because I think the cons outeight the pros unless you have very oily eyelids or constant problems with creasing.

It's a bit pricey for the amount you get. Packaging is horrible, alot of product gets wasted. I find that a good matte foundation or some concelear works just fine for prepping my eyes for makeup..at this point I really don't want to add yet another product to my routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sylvialeexD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was excited when I had received this with my Sephora order because everyone raves about it. I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube of it, but this made my eyelid feel so oily and when I tried to blend my eyeshadow, it would not blend well. I was really disappointed because so many had recommended this to me.

Again, the packaging (as everyone says) stinks and it only adds to my disappointment. =(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by KSAkemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, this product in itself gets 5 stars, you all know why. It works and truly delivers on it's promises, no creasing or fading no matter how many hours I work. However, I rated it as a 4 because of the infamous packaging. I am constantly disgusted by the amount of money and time spent on packaging cosmetics and really wish companies would concentrate on just making a better product. In the case of UDPP they already have an awesome product but have marred it's image by the packaging, which doesn't allow the consumer to easily access the entire product. It just boggles my mind. It is enough of hassle that I am considering trying Two Faced Shadow Insurance when my current bottle of UDPP runs out. I will rate as a 5 when they fix the packaging! *end of rant*

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Monipalm

So, the reviews are spot on - this stuff rocks! My shadow stays bright and in place all day with zero creasing. Not sure what more I would expect from a shadow base. Yes, the package is impractical but it is lovely on my make up stand! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

What can I say that others have not said about this product? Nothing. Everything is spot on so far...

I love the staying power, but I hate how the packaging limits the amount of product I can access... I still like the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

i love the genie bottle concept, i love the product, but i hate that you cant get all the product out. will end up having to cut tube open just like everyone else. nice product, tho, good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by didistarita

UDPP is *amazing*! I had tried a variety of eyeshadow primers only to be disappointed because of my oily lids. Even with a primer (exluding UDPP), eyeshadows would crease and fade within a couple of hours. Just as I was giving up hope on primers, I found UDPP. UDPP allows for me to wear eyeshadows of every price/quality rage without any creasing or fading! It's amazing! I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is desperate to find an eyeshadow primer that actually works for severely oily lids!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 2013: MUST HAVE! Better than nars + too faced. Use a tiny bit on each eye :) Always repurchase

EDIT: This just takes a bit of practice, all you need is the tinest bit. My tip is to dap a bit onto each lid and blend with your ring finger. After application it is best to apply an all over lid color first so you can blend any additional colors smoothly.

[EDIT] AWWW this review below was when I was new to makeup. I remember having this experience for real though!
I live in Canada and don't go over the border for shopping. I had been dying to get this because of all the hype and youtube gurus who use it. My boyfriend was sweet enough to navigate his way through the Sephora site and order it for me as a stocking stuffer this past Christmas. When I got it I was sooo excited! I really want to love this product but unfortunately I just can't bring myself to it =( I really dislike the doe foot applicator it feels rough when I spot dab the product on my lids. When I attempt to blend it in with my bring finger I find it to be very sticky and dry. I feel as though it leaves me with a pasty finish and not a smooth canvass. When I apply my eyeshadow they tend to turn a greyish-blue, greyish-green, greyish-whatever color I'm using kind of shade which is very disappointing. When I try try to blend colors together I find that they don't blend smoothly and even seem to "chunk up" and gather into "lumps" on my lid. *sighs* I just don't know why this isn't working for me the way everyone raves about it =(

The only good thing I can say about this primer is that it is helpful with pigments. It reduces the amount of fall out by a million, and the colors do seem more vibrant. I feel guilty to not like this so much b/c my boyfriend tried so hard to impress me but it's just not as great as I thought it would be. I plan to use up the whole tube non the less. Edits will be made according to any findings.

Question: Does anyone know if they changed the formula?