Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

LOVE this stuff!
i have semi oily eye lids but this stuff sorta calmed it down so to speak.
the packaging's dirt you really have to cut the thing open and scoop it into another container you get WAY more.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying this once, I do not get all of the hype or stellar reviews. I have a few reasons why; first off, I do not get how a product this oily could ever help with oily eyelids. I noticed this immediately and couldn't figure out if maybe the product had separated or something. Secondly, I didn't think this worked very well at all. The reason I say this is because I have tried Bare Escentuals Prime Time for Eyes, which really, really keeps my shadows in place and prevents fading. This only did an ok job. Thirdly, I had a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with the packaging. I like the fact that you apply it with a wand, but absolutely hate that you can't get the last of the product out, not to mention the fact that you cannot see how much product is left, so when you can't get anymore of the product out and decide to throw it away, you really don't know how much product you're throwing away. I think it's a sneaky way to get your money when you have to buy more. Speaking of getting your money, this is more expensive per ounce than BE, and therefore will not be a repurchase for me.

The quality of this product is excellent and well worth the price. Because of this product, my eyeshadow stays put throughout the entire day and doesn't leave a crease. As with the majority of the people who have rated this product, I agree that the packaging sucks.

WOW...can this really be true? no creasing? YES, it's true ladies!! First off, I have the most oily eyelids and anything I put on ends up creased within half an hour. I tried everthing but all failed until I read all these amazing reviews about this primer so I gave it try and I'm so glad I did. My eye shadow and liner are in the same place after my work day and even my nights out, NO CREASING and no more oily eyelids. I definitley recommend this product but I have to say the packaging sucks...remeber to cut open the tube so you can get all the extra primer you thought was finished.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

without this there is no way my eyeshadow would last all day like it does. I use this everyday. my only problem is the packaging makes you waste a lot of this product unless you cut it open and put the product into a seperate container.... but the product is great

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This primer works best in my opinion. I don't wear make up very often due to my profession. But when I'm out with the girls or attending a wedding this product helps my shadow stay in place and prevents creasing. The product goes on smoothly and doesn't make my lids dry or oily. However, I don't agree with the packaging for several reasons: product wastage and sanitary purposes. It would be more convenient if the product was in a tube. Urban decay has launched a new line of primers in tubes. When I run out of UDPP I may purchase these. Pricing may be expensive ($22CAD) but its well worth the benefits.

I can't live without this product, it's totally HG for me. Without it eyeshadow doesn't stand a chance on my lids. They've always been slightly oily, which is great for wrinkles, but not great for eyeshadow collecting in the crease. I think I'm up to my 8th one of these. I generally roll out the applicator on my finger, kinda squidging out the spongy bit, and apply to the eyelid, let it dry for a minute, then apply shadow. You'll never know how you survived without this.

Let me start out by saying this is the best eye primer I've used so far. I did a little expierment between UDPP and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Despite what many have said, UDPP works tons better for me. Doesn't crease, or budge. Even after I swim I still have a little bit of eyeshadow left on my eyes.. It's not perfect of course, but that's just an example of how well it keeps my eyeshadow in place! The only thing I can't stand about this product is the packagaing. It's cute, but unreasonable. After using it for about 1 month it seemed like it was running out. I cut the bottle open and there was a TON of product left in it. I just scooped it out and put it in a little air tight container. I would reccomend this product to any eyeshadow lover.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Awesome product, it does wonders, my eyeshadow stayed in place until I removed it, so happy no more fading off
EDIT: I don't know if the formula has changed but my eyeshadow starts to crease after 6 hours or so, but it doesn't happen everyday only with certain colors.

I will not go a day without using this, and if i do, i notice the difference. This is by far the best eyeshadow primer on the market. Say goodbye to eyeshadow creasing with this product. If i do not use this, my eyeshadow will crease within 1 hour, and when i do use it my eyeshadow lasts for about 12 hours uncreased. I am now on to my 4th tube of this wonder product and i would be lost without it. I get about twice as much out of a tube now i have learnt to take the stopper out of the neck once the product has reached the end and there is plenty more product hiding in there! One tube lasts me about a year that way. Seriously one of the best products on the market!

Video Reviews & Tutorials