Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/15/2009 6:37:00 AM

This product worked great as a base. Never creased and kept my eyeshadows on perfectly. However, the cutesy bottle is a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!! It wasnt too much longer after I had purchased this product and repeatedly used it on a daily basis that it seemed as if the product had run out. I was so bummed at spending that kind of money for us a small amount of product until finally one day I stumbled across a tutorial where a girl depotted her UDPP. So after watching the tutorial, I grabbed a trusty steak knife and started hacking away at the bottle!! You wouldnt believe how much product was still in there!! I literally have a full jar of product now. Until UD comes up with a better packaging for the PP, Im sticking to the Two Faced Shadow Insurance, its just as good and has outstanding packaging compared to UD.

on 5/15/2009 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love, love, love this product!! I have finally found something to replace the long-discontinued EL shadow stay!! This product is fantastic - you don't need a lot and it really works. I have oily lids and this keeps my shadow from creasing all day long, even in hot, humid weather. It even keeps cream shadows in place - no joke! I don't use the applicator - I just put some from the applicator on my fingertip and blend over my lids.

on 5/14/2009 11:37:00 PM

Unfortunately, I was one of the very few people who had a horrible experience with this product. I don't consider myself to have very sensitive skin, so I was shocked when this primer made my eyelids very irritated, flaky and dry! I had to lay off any eye-makeup products for a week just to recover. =( On the flip side, it did do a good job of keeping everything in place .. it's just too bad I got an awful rash from it. Oh, and the packaging looks cute and all, but you'll never able to use up the entire product without cutting up the bottle.

on 5/13/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product does what it claims. The only problem I have with this product is that it can be drying on the eyelids and can make eye makeup more difficult to apply so I end up tugging the skin. I use it on hot days or if I'm going to be out for a long time and don't want to fuss with my eye makeup. Also, the bottle is cute but the bottle is shaped so that it's difficult to reach the primer at the bottom so some product is wasted.

on 5/13/2009 5:38:00 PM

The only pro to this product is it does make eyeshadows a little more vibrant and does help them stick to the lid. With that said, my skin is pretty dry so it's not like I have oily lids or anything. However, I work as a waitress and I sweat a lot so I wanted to see if it could keep my eyeshadow from creasing throughout my shifts. If anything, I feel like this made my eyeshadow crease more. At the end of the night (esp with dark/matte shadows), my eyeshadow would be gone. And yes, I did use it properly and did not use too much product. I honestly don't understand all the hype. And to top it all off, the packaging sucks. I am better off using MAC paints. Don't use this if you're going to be dancing all night.

on 5/13/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love, love, LOVE this stuff. Someone else pushed me to get it even though I didn't think I needed it, and I'm so glad I did. I'm not an oily lids kinda girl, but my eyes DO water an insane amount, and I have a tendency to rub my eyes without thinking since I have such severe allergies. None of that causes problems for me anymore, because even if I forget and scratch my eyelid with my fingernail (I know, yikes) the eyeshadow stays in place all day long. I used to have the problem of cream shadows creasing, but I never have that issue anymore. I feel eyeshadow goes on smoother with this, but there is one tiny downside: it says it makes shadows more vibrant, and it really doesn't. I don't notice much of a difference in color. Still, with this kind of staying power, who cares?

on 5/13/2009 9:57:00 AM

This is amazing and should be a stape for anyone who wears eye m/u.

The bottle is assinine, but all you have to do is take out the whitte stopper thingie with a pair of scissors and the wand screws back on the bottle just fine. You don't even need to put the primer in another container.

on 5/13/2009 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It goes on a bit light, even for my very fair skin, but it does keep my eye makeup on, at least for most of the day. I have super oily lids, and the primer itself will start to crease after ~10 hours.

I finally caved and bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion after months of waffling, and continuing to use the last of my Mary Kay eye primer. I'm so glad I finally bought it! Yeah, the price is rather high, and the packaging isn't terribly fantastic (thank you YouTube for showing me how to get all of the UDPP out of that dratted bottle!), but it *works*. Seriously! I have combination skin, that still has episodes of breakouts and such, and I also live in an extremely warm and humid climate. UDPP has kept the eyeshadows I've worn from creasing and sliding off by late afternoon/evening (unlike the Mary Kay eye primer). Case in point: I was out from morning until almost midnight recently. The weather got really hot and humid (up in the mid 90s), and by the end of the day I expected most of my shadow to have melted off. But it hadn't! It didn't look as precise as it did right after I put it on, but I wouldn't have had to touch up if I was staying out longer.

on 5/12/2009 4:47:00 PM

HG!!! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+. I dont know how I ever survived without this. Love everything about it except the packaging. Many people have said that there is alot of product you can't reach with the wand, so depotting is recommended.

Video Reviews & Tutorials