October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sandy84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how I lived without this!! I went to buy it after reading all these reviews. I wear it every day now and its been a lifesaver for my oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

I bought this about a week ago and I have been using it everyday. It has really worked at helping my eyeshadows not crease. I have oily skin so this has really helped me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by babbbydivine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, I would not be receiving many compliments about my eye makeup, if not for this because i know for a FACT that my eyeshadow would be creased and eyeliner smudging after 2 hours! Yes, this is great for oily lids but it takes use to if you want to blend well. The bottle is a bit frustrating to get the last bit out but..love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave into the hype and tried this product along with the Big Fatty Mascara, 24/7 Pencil in Bourbon and Primer Potion (Sephora sells prepackaged travel sizes called the Trifecta).

I dont know how I ever thought that MAC Shadestick or Paints were a base compared to this.

No creasing, no fading and everything from my $0.99 to my MAC to my Dior shadows go on and stay on. I will buy again and again (actually I bought the full size before my travel size ran out so I don't have to go a day without it!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's just such a staple in my collection, and I'm so accustomed to reaching for it, that I hardly even think about it anymore. It's just there.

I love this base, it truly is everything Urban Decay claims it is. It's completely invisible on the lids, but does wonders making shadows brighter and longer lasting. I get no smudging, creasing or fading of my eye makeup when I use it.

As for the downsides, like everyone else has mentioned, the bottle design is a little annoying, since you know tons of product is being wasted unless you cut it open, which is a pain in the ass. I want to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance for this reason, if it is equally effective I might switch, but until I finish my latest tube I'm happy with UDPP. Also not too fond of the price tag, but for such universal and effective base I wont complain too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This a good formula, even though I have & use TF shadow insurance as well. I will not buy this again though cause of the packaging. TFSI is a little better formula wise IMO & of course the packaging is so much better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

Overall, this stuff is pretty good. My shadow definitely doesn't crease during the day; it doesn't prevent it from traveling in humid weather though. The packaging sucks but I haven't had as much trouble as other reviewers have. It washes off fairly easily and doesn't seem to irritate my eyes. My only beef is that if your eyes water or you sweat it can travel and turn gritty.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by HippieChic82

I don't get how so many people claim that this product is some sort of magic. This product was a complete waste of my time and my money. It was completely useless on me, the shadow didn't even last 10 minutes before it started creasing.

If I could give this product zero lipsticks I would, but you apparently have to give it at least one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Jenls27

Too Faced shadow insurance is so much better in my opinion. UDPP still gives me creases by the end of the day while Too Faced Shadow Insurance keeps me going strong. And don't even get me going on the crappy packaging of UDPP. Do yourself a favor and go for the Too Faced primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sunnysea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read so much about the UDPP that I decided to purchase it. I definitely don't regret it!! I love this stuff!