MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/23/2004 12:43:00 AM

I cannot live without studio fix powder in NC35... I love EVERYTHING about it. I have combination skin (mostly oily) and it helps to keep my face with a matte finish. Also, I kind of have problem skin (3-5 blemishes at a time) and this powder covers SO well... it makes me feel confident that people aren't staring at my problem areas. I will be a studio fix wearer forever!

on 1/22/2004 12:43:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this powder/foundation! I definitely recommend applying it with a brush for more even coverage. It's not TOO expensive, but it does last a long time. (Mine lasted almost a year!) Living in Florida makes it hard to wear a heavy liquid foundation so this is all that I use and it's the only thing I have found that stays on my face the entire day!

on 1/21/2004 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wear an NC30 or C3, but this product goes on too dry and turns too oily!

on 1/21/2004 7:47:00 PM

hellooooo cake face! hope to never see you again.

this sucks. over priced garbage that makes you look like you just got blasted in the face with skin colored chalk.

on 1/21/2004 6:33:00 PM

I wore Studio Fix for many years; I don't know if they changed anything about the product, but it was giving me a very grey, "ashy" look the last 2 times I purchased it. I really liked MAC because they had a wide range of colors in their foundations which is good for African American women. I'm N9 in MAC foundations. In addition, I started breaking out all over my forehead. I recently made the switch to Bobbi Brown and am much happier with that product and she also has great colors for black women.

on 1/19/2004 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Broke me out in little bumps all over my face. Dermatologist told me to stop using it. This is not good for people with sensitive skin like me. Has too many oils. Clogged my pores and irritated my skin. Had good coverage though when I used it.

on 1/17/2004 2:15:00 PM

I LOVE Studio Fix powder! I've been using NC20 for a couple years, and have yet to find something that I like better. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage that I like (enough for some color, but not too cakey or fake), and the packaging is the best- the sponge is in a separate compartment, so it doesn't make the powder oily or gross. I always like to have a couple of these, one for home and one in my purse.

on 1/16/2004 5:42:00 PM

I use this in NC25 which matches my complexion perfectly. It gives me light/medium coverage depending if I use a sponge or brush. I love the silky great coverage I get from it. The only thing I don't care for is the slight shine I may get later in the day. But I've tried many powder foundations and this is the best so I'll stick with it. Edit: 7/04 Still using and loving it.

on 1/16/2004 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like this product. It has a great coverage range but I wouldn't say it's my hg. It leaves a matte finish and I wouldn't rec this to someone trying to achieve a natural look. Unfortunatley my relationship with this was very short due to my clumsyness. I dropped the compact and the foundation cracked and crumbled into a thousand pieces. It was a really big mess. This is how I figured out the strength of this foundation when a tiny piece of it got on my pants and smeared, boy did it stain. It didn't fade no matter how many times I tried to slap it off lol. Watta darn waste.

on 1/15/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

The color I got this in, NW43, is probably the closest I've come to a perfect match in a long time. With that said, I think one must be a practice applying this. If you put it on a dry, unmoisturized face, it's going to suck. I learned my lesson early and moisturized, moisturized,moisturized before applying. I only use this for night make-up. It's too heavy for day.