MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

This is the best pressed powder I have ever used! It provides nice coverage not too heavy and not too sheer. I like that it has a seperate compartment to hold the sponge. I love the whole MAC line, I really like that you can trade in empty makeup containers for a free lipstick. Not only can I look beautiful but I can recycle at the same time!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't go anywhere withou my studiofix. Unlike bareminerals, the powder does NOT sit in ever wrinkle in an aging face!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think MAC's Studio Fix is a great pressed powder. It provides a superb coverage, and they come in so many variant of shades that, it is almost impossible to not be able to find a shade that match your skin tone. The coverage is so well that no foundation is even necessary, I just apply my usual moisturizer underneath, with occasional concealer on the necessary spots. The only reason why I did not give it 5 star is b/c the texture is a little thicker than necessary for a light day. Also, sometimes when my skin is dry, the powder becomes a bit flakey at times. But overall, this is a magnificant powder.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A little expensive, but it really does a good job covering up my acne. I was a little worried about it darkening during the day, but so far this foundation has worked really well.

Update. It broke yo. Chanel is better (more expensive, but better), but I am kind of done with powder foundations that break everywhere. Hissboo.

I like this powder for an easy, everyday look. It looks natural, as long as you don't put too much on. You def. should not brush layer upon layer onto your face- it is a foundation, ladies. Applying too much is probably the reason why others think it looks cakey. You also def. should not reapply during the day, like a regular powder. That will also lead to a cakey look. If used right, this is a really great product. And that means something coming from me, cause I generally dislike MAC liquid foundations. There's something in them that I am horribly allergic to, which makes me break out in red patches immediately.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I now only wear liquid foundations, I still love this. This is a full coverage powder foundation. The texture is soft and creamy. However, this is meant to be applied once- not good for touch-ups. If you don't moisturize your skin enough, this will cake up. Great for oily skinned gals. I have dry skin and it's still great!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must review this product to say it has become my HG of all foundations. I was desperately looking for a powder foundation that would give excellent coverage and wouldn't dryout my skin since I hate liquids for everyday use - et voilà - this does it all. Great colour match, great coverage, does not accentuate flakies. In fact, a complaint I read on other reviews that after some hours it just "dissapears" from the skin is actually a plus in my point of view - because you can easily touch up without overkill and without layers of stale makeup. I just sweep it on in the morning with the sponge and I'm ready for the day. I would prefer a more compact case though.

Hooray for Mac!

I've been using this for 2 years now and it blends in with my skin better than any other product I've come across. It has a nice velvety finish but it can appear very heavy to others that see you. You won't look natural in this makeup but you will look professional and to some degree "flawless". Con: does nothing to combat oilness.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally I will weigh in with my two cents on this one. I was waiting till I was positive about my opinion. When I bought this, I was looking for a pressed powder to go over liquid foundation. The woman for some reason sold me this, which is a foundation in its own right, although I did not find out this fact until much later. However, as a pressed powder this stuff is the holy grail! If you put just a little on over liquid makeup, it gives you a flawless finish out of a Kevin Aucoin book! Feels like a makeover every time you wear it. It's fine as a foundation on its own as well, but over other makeup you look camera-ready. It doesn't break me out, either...although I guess with the liquid makeup it isn't really touching my skin. It's great if you put sexy pink blush on over it, because it creates a flawless canvas. Always wear this on first dates. Heck, always wear this to the grocery store! I was worried that it wouldn't look good in natural lighting, but I caught a glimpse of myself this morning and it was perfect. And it's so cheap, too! Lasts ten times as long as other pressed powders. I can't tell you how much I love this product!

I'd be satisfied with it if it's priced $2.4 instead of $24. With the cheap packaging, rough sponge and so-so powder, it's definitely not worth the price!

Video Reviews & Tutorials