MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/29/2003 2:48:00 PM

I like this product alot, but have had to discontinue it's use since the weather has turned cold, and my skin has dried out. I love the great coverage with little effort, and will return when spring hits.

on 12/28/2003 4:14:00 PM

It's a girl's prerogative to change her mind sometimes. I'd initially loved this, it initially looked like a good color match, and the finish was nice at first. Then it struck me- wow, this is familiar. Just like L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation, in fact. Which is oh, about TWELVE DOLLARS CHEAPER. Yes, I have to mix two colors to match me. But oh well. That's still a way better deal than Studio Fix, lasts better, and has sun block. It's just way too expensive for what it is, and I urge all that like Studio Fix to try L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation. And hi, why does this stuff start sliding off my skin midday? I'm not THAT huge of a greaseball! And I got a good look at it in the sunlight (a rare commodity here in the Northwest), and NC15 is a bit too dark for my PPP skin. I hate that! They have like 8 billion shades of dark colors and nothing in the light range.

on 12/28/2003 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I orginally bought this more for blotting than as a foundation, but when my foundation ran out, I used the Studio Fix Powder and absolutely loved it. It covered really well, didn't seem cakey or fake. And these come in a huge variety of colors and shades so no one needs to have the dreaded 'makeup line'

on 12/24/2003 5:16:00 PM

I used to dislike this but i pulled it out recently. My skin becomes so dry when i use powder but i just pile on moisturizer when i use this. Its quick, good for rushed days when my skin breaks out but i don't have time to use liquid foundation. It is supposed to be full coverage but it doesn't completely cover up my red spots. Not my favorite, but it works.

on 12/24/2003 11:29:00 AM

I have been using this Powder Foundation in C3 for the longest time now. Although I am constantly trying new products, I always come back to this. I have pretty normal skin and I find this gives me the most flawless finish, however, when used on dry skin, it can tend to look a bit flakey. I alwys prep with moisturizer first anyway. This will forever be one of my staples.

on 12/20/2003 10:59:00 PM

I love StudioFix (N4). I've been using it for years. I'm too lazy to bother with both foundation and powder and with this, I don't have to.

It goes on completely natural - people think I have naturally great skin.

You need to replace the sponge once a month or it does get a little weird.

Edit: I finally had to stop using this in New England weather, because my skin dries out to badly and it just sits on top too obvious looking. I will go back to MAC in spring

on 12/20/2003 1:06:00 AM

The lady did my make up for my Christmas party suggests me to use this product. This is super good on me. I have very dry skin but oily on T-zone. When i use this product, it does not break out my skin. Normally, my T-zone will be oily in the afternoon but when i wear this product, it controls oil very well. It's very light. I only have to put once and it covers the most of my pore. It makes my skin looks so soft and young. I really like this.

on 12/18/2003 7:59:00 AM

The best powder foundation that I have ever tried. Not a bot of cakiness and it really does a beautiful job of covering all my flaws. I use this product in the warmer months, when my skin tends to be a bit oily and it really keeps working all day!

on 12/17/2003 9:26:00 PM

Worst foundation ever. Seriously makes pores look enormous. Can't believe MAC put their name on this.

on 12/12/2003 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My God, why would anyone ever want to use anything else??? This stuff is the Holy Grail of powder foundations. It covers EVERYTHING, and only at the MAC counter have I ever been able to find a perfect match (C2) for my yellow-toned yet pale complexion. At 47, after years of being oily, my skin is finally normal. My routine is this: Rachel Perry Calendula-Cucumber Moisturizer, then after it's thoroughly dry, I put on C2 Studio Fix with a big powder brush. Perfect! Maybe two or three times in a 13 hour period I have to use blot film, but that's IT. I use NC20 Studio Fix as a lightener under my eyes, and NC35 as a contour shadow, and I'm done. It used to take most of my makeup time to do my face; now it's my eyes that take the time. Studio Fix is wonderful stuff.