MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/10/2004 12:27:00 PM

Applied with a powder brush on a moisturized face, this is a great everyday foundation. I have this in NC43, and I love how you can play with the coverage level from day to day. Usually, I go pretty sheer with the brush. But sometimes for a higher level of coverage, I apply this with a sponge over tinted moisturizer. It's perfect for me since Studio Tech just doesn't work for me. I love it and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I swapped my Studio Fix NC40 for a Studio Fix NC35. I like this one better on me b/c it closer to my complexion than the one I had before. It looks better on my complexion though.

on 1/2/2004 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this yesterday after reading all of the reviews on here raving about it. This is my first MAC product and all I can say is that I am very impressed. I bought SF in C25 and it is a remarkably great match for me. I've always had the hardest time finding something not too pink or orange for my LLL complexion. The SA first applied the Select Cover-up in NC20 under my eyes and on red spots, etc. Then she "buffed" in the SF with a fluffy brush and it looked flawless! I used the technique today and I am very pleased. Now all I need is a nice MAC powder brush and I will be a happy gal! This product is great for me because it takes so much less time than blending in liquid foundation. You just have to make sure you exfoliate regularly and moisturize before putting this on b/c it emphasizes every dry patch. I will definately continue to purchase if it doesn't break me out. Will definately update if I have any problems, but none so far!

UPDATE: Switched to L'Oreal True Match because its getting cold during a winter in Delaware. My skin was too dry to use the studio fix, so I'll be retiring it until the summer!

on 1/2/2004 1:37:00 AM

Not smooth and fine enough, doesn't blend well with the skin, I could see the powder sitting on my face. Great coverage, which is something I don't need for my almost-flawless skin. I only wore it for a few times and it's been sitting in the dust for ages.

on 1/1/2004 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Studio Fix is one of my staples! I use the NC20 shade, and I wear it on days when I'm in a hurry, or I want to do minimal makeup. I have oily/combination skin, and tend to break out, and Studio Fix is perfect for my skin! It doesn't break me out at all. I found out that if I apply it with a kabuki type brush, it blends into my skin, and it looks OK. If I apply with my regular powder brush, it looks powdery. I always receive compliments on my skin when I'm wearing this. It gives just the right coverage without being too obvious. Of course I'll keep buying this! continued >>

on 1/1/2004 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Studio Fix is a remarkable product; I have tried many and this is the one foundation I keep coming back to. I have normal-dry skin which can be very sensitive, but when applied to well moisturized skin, SF goes on flawlessly (no flakies). You can get very full coverage with the sponge, or light-medium with a fluffy brush--very versatile. Try it out, it is definitely worth testing.

on 1/1/2004 3:31:00 PM

Was stuck to this for years till I understood what is realli "oxidation"-haha!Wat attracts me to buying this over and over agn during my high school days was my liking for round compacts, its excellent coverage, many shades & most importantly, reasonable pricing!Other than its high oxidation properties, I certainly do agree wif the many make-up artistes who strongly recommend this!Perhaps its not so suitable for a hot humid climate like SIN.

on 12/31/2003 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like mac powders because of the color selection. I have used C30 for six years. I got darker during the summer and tried to get a darker color (i think it was NC something..) and it just looked red on me so I just stuck with C30 even though it made me look even paler than I already am! It had very good coverage though but I think this stuff clogged my pores so after all these years.. I finally stopped using mac powders once and for all. My pore have become less clogged but I haven't been able to find a nice color match for myself with other brands. I really loved how the sponge could be separated from the powder part but the sponge got dirty so easily I had to constantly replace

Buyers beware!!! You may like your MAC makeup and sure this stuff looks pretty good on the skin but did anyone realize a couple words are missing from the description of this product? Like OIL-FREE? of NON-COMEDOGENIC? This is murder for your skin! My sister used to use this and our aestitician (sp?) told her to stop. It's awful and although it's powder and you think it's oil free...it's not!

on 12/30/2003 12:23:00 AM

After going through and trying out so many foundations, i am finally settled on what seems to be my holy grail..I bought this a couple days ago after hearing about it from my mom..I was, at first, a little skeptical..You see i never really liked powder foundations because i immedietly thought cakiness..But im so happy i came through and bought this! Its so convienient and covers so well. Its a little powdery at first but it sets in after a minute(tops) and looks flawless. I apply it with the sponge wrapped around my finger and sort of roll it onto my face( a great trick i learned from the great Laura Mercier). The BEST!! Believe me I've tried them all( Bobbi Brown(too yellow and icky consistency), Neutrogena(drying), Nars(made me break out :( ), Bare Escentuals (too cakey and chalky),Paula Dorf(too sheeny and also made me break out)..and theres a lot more!