January 30, 2015 | 1038 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2003 10:17:00 AM More reviews by KasumiRui

This is GOOD. Drugstores' powder foundations has always make me break out(regardless of e brand. i have tried countless.) e price is reasonable, considering e fact that e coverage is great, e packaging chic but simple n e fact that my skin loves it! All my face powders r from MAC n they have nv let me down. Studio fix has definitely got my vote! =P

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 2:28:00 AM More reviews by perie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers well, but the texture could be abetter. Immediately after application, I could see a little bit of cakiness (if I look very closely in the mirror). It doesn't feel very light on the skin. Additionally, the mirror portion of the case broke after little usage. It does its job, and I finished using it, but it's nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

It's a girl's prerogative to change her mind sometimes. I'd initially loved this, I thought the color worked, and the finish was nice initially. Then it struck me- wow, this is familiar. Just like L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation, in fact. Which is oh, about TWELVE DOLLARS CHEAPER. Yes, I have to mix two colors to match me. But oh well. That's still a way better deal than Studio Fix, lasts better, and has sun block. So I'm definitely not buying this again. It's just way too expensive for what it is, and I urge all that like Studio Fix to try L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation. And hi, why does this stuff start sliding off my skin midday? I'm not THAT huge of a greaseball! And, NC15 is a bit too dark for my PPP skin, as I discovered during a rare sunbreak here in the Northwest. They have like 8 billion shades of dark colors and nothing in the light range.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2003 3:02:00 AM More reviews by lilone829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is great for me. i have weird oily/dry/sensitive skin and this totally works. i used to use the powder puff, but i like using a powder brush, same effect and can't put too much on. nice range of colors too! will def. buy again when mine runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by thequester73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ran to the bathroom to wash my hands after the sales lady put the powder on my face and when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I couldn't believe it! I looked great! The recycling program the sales lady told me about was just an added plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2003 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jeannemarie

I really like the coverage. My skin is pretty oily, so I have to use the blot powder often, but I really like this product. It does come off on my clothes easily, though, so you have to be careful. The first color I bought was too orange, but the people at the mac store took it back and found a color that is great! . . . . . .

I have since quit using this product. My face began breaking out. I haven't had pimples in years. I stuck with it for 3 months, changing my moisturizer and cleaning products, but finally had to admit it was the mac. I am back to clinique city base, and no more pimples.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by kris312

I tried this product on at Marshall Fields after hearing all the great reviews. I have combo skin that gets oily in the T-Zone so I thought this might work for me...boy, was I wrong. After I washed this product off a few hours later I had dry patches in places I've never had before. It was ridiculous. I will say if you have really oily skin this might work for you. I did find a perfect color match for my skin and it did provide excellent coverage...it just didn't work for my combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Chloefg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review. I love this stuff. Great quick coverage for a trip to the grocery store. The NW30 gives me color and a nice even skin tone. Update, now wearing NC30 and loving it even more. This color gives me a nice neutral face. Fast and easy to apply with a big fluffy brush. I have normal skin that can be sensitive and reddish at times but this color neutralizes it perfectly. Great coverage on my mature skin. Makes my semi-lg pores much less visible. Not cakey for me when applied with a brush. Does not get oily when I use my Lancome Controle face products to cleanse, tone & moisturize before I put it on.
EDITED 8/30/07 After using Studio Fix now for four years I have some updates. I still love it but have lightened up my shade a bit now using NW25. My face will break out if I go even one day too long without washing my sponge applicator so I'm very careful to wash it and let it air dry real well. Most times I don't store the sponge in the compact to help keep it fresh. This has been key to me being able to use my beloved Studio Fix without breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2003 7:58:00 AM More reviews by omegakitty

I loved the way this looked on my skin but my skin did not love it (so sad). It didn't have much staying power on my oily t-zone but that was no biggie as it is a powder and I could carry it with me to touch up. However, my skin seemed to be oilier when I used it and I kept getting tiny bumps so I had to part with it even though I didn't want to.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2003 6:33:00 PM More reviews by martine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i like the way this foundation looks for the first half hour i have it on. this foundation gives good coverage and looks natural, but had no oil controlling properties so my skin ends up looking very shiny after a short time. probably better for people with less oily skin.