MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/1/2004 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Studio Fix is one of my staples! I use the NC20 shade, and I wear it on days when I'm in a hurry, or I want to do minimal makeup. I have oily/combination skin, and tend to break out, and Studio Fix is perfect for my skin! It doesn't break me out at all. I found out that if I apply it with a kabuki type brush, it blends into my skin, and it looks OK. If I apply with my regular powder brush, it looks powdery. I always receive compliments on my skin when I'm wearing this. It gives just the right coverage without being too obvious. Of course I'll keep buying this! continued >>

on 1/1/2004 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Studio Fix is a remarkable product; I have tried many and this is the one foundation I keep coming back to. I have normal-dry skin which can be very sensitive, but when applied to well moisturized skin, SF goes on flawlessly (no flakies). You can get very full coverage with the sponge, or light-medium with a fluffy brush--very versatile. Try it out, it is definitely worth testing.

on 1/1/2004 3:31:00 PM

Was stuck to this for years till I understood what is realli "oxidation"-haha!Wat attracts me to buying this over and over agn during my high school days was my liking for round compacts, its excellent coverage, many shades & most importantly, reasonable pricing!Other than its high oxidation properties, I certainly do agree wif the many make-up artistes who strongly recommend this!Perhaps its not so suitable for a hot humid climate like SIN.

on 12/31/2003 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like mac powders because of the color selection. I have used C30 for six years. I got darker during the summer and tried to get a darker color (i think it was NC something..) and it just looked red on me so I just stuck with C30 even though it made me look even paler than I already am! It had very good coverage though but I think this stuff clogged my pores so after all these years.. I finally stopped using mac powders once and for all. My pore have become less clogged but I haven't been able to find a nice color match for myself with other brands. I really loved how the sponge could be separated from the powder part but the sponge got dirty so easily I had to constantly replace

Buyers beware!!! You may like your MAC makeup and sure this stuff looks pretty good on the skin but did anyone realize a couple words are missing from the description of this product? Like OIL-FREE? of NON-COMEDOGENIC? This is murder for your skin! My sister used to use this and our aestitician (sp?) told her to stop. It's awful and although it's powder and you think it's oil free...it's not!

on 12/30/2003 12:23:00 AM

After going through and trying out so many foundations, i am finally settled on what seems to be my holy grail..I bought this a couple days ago after hearing about it from my mom..I was, at first, a little skeptical..You see i never really liked powder foundations because i immedietly thought cakiness..But im so happy i came through and bought this! Its so convienient and covers so well. Its a little powdery at first but it sets in after a minute(tops) and looks flawless. I apply it with the sponge wrapped around my finger and sort of roll it onto my face( a great trick i learned from the great Laura Mercier). The BEST!! Believe me I've tried them all( Bobbi Brown(too yellow and icky consistency), Neutrogena(drying), Nars(made me break out :( ), Bare Escentuals (too cakey and chalky),Paula Dorf(too sheeny and also made me break out)..and theres a lot more!

on 12/29/2003 8:14:00 PM

I had this in NC20. The coloring was perfect, and at first I loved it. Then as time went by and the more I used it, the product made me brake out. And I had relatively good skin, and this product just made my skin awful! Oh and the packaging is cute, but I dropt the compact, and since it being a powder foundation, it broke into lil pieces, and just a mess. WOULD NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. Theres so many other powder foundations out their that are BETTER for your skin. DO NOT BUY!

on 12/29/2003 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade C3 and it made me look pale and like I had tons of make-up caked on. Went back to try C4, much better color for me. Instead of using the sponge that it comes with, I use a big fluffy powder brush. It looks much more natural and still covers imperfections beautifully!

on 12/29/2003 2:48:00 PM

I like this product alot, but have had to discontinue it's use since the weather has turned cold, and my skin has dried out. I love the great coverage with little effort, and will return when spring hits.

on 12/28/2003 4:14:00 PM

It's a girl's prerogative to change her mind sometimes. I'd initially loved this, it initially looked like a good color match, and the finish was nice at first. Then it struck me- wow, this is familiar. Just like L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation, in fact. Which is oh, about TWELVE DOLLARS CHEAPER. Yes, I have to mix two colors to match me. But oh well. That's still a way better deal than Studio Fix, lasts better, and has sun block. It's just way too expensive for what it is, and I urge all that like Studio Fix to try L'Oreal's Air Wear powder foundation. And hi, why does this stuff start sliding off my skin midday? I'm not THAT huge of a greaseball! And I got a good look at it in the sunlight (a rare commodity here in the Northwest), and NC15 is a bit too dark for my PPP skin. I hate that! They have like 8 billion shades of dark colors and nothing in the light range.