September 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2003 5:31:00 PM More reviews by asia72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Incredible coverage. It simply makes your face look absolutely flawless...except that if you have sensitive/problem skin (like mine) you will pay the price the next morning. It totally breaks me out each and every time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2003 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tokiboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've been using this on and off for about 7 years. although i have other liquid, stick, liquid-to-powder foundations, i always end up coming back to my studiofix. definitely a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2003 2:23:00 PM More reviews by denice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just can't seem to get this to work. By noon it has floated away-even with an oil absorbing moisturizer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2003 1:58:00 PM More reviews by coconut103

Whoa, I am IMPRESSED!
I normally can't wear powder-based foundation because it usually makes my skin look dry and flaky... but I like compact foundations over liquid, so I usually stick to my Cover Girl Aquasmooth. However, I am beginning to think Aquasmooth is giving me a tad too much coverage (which may be breaking out my skin), so I'm going to put it away for the rest of the summer. I've heard raves about Studio Fix (from co-workers, MUA P'ville, etc.) so I gave it a try... and I love it! MAC has a fabulous variety colour-wise, so it was easy to find a perfect match (which was "C3"). I also love that it is oil-free, too. Studio Fix gives a more natural coverage than my Aquasmooth, and although it doesn't cover blemishes that well, it does tone them down and make them less-noticeable, without that godawful I'm-trying-to-cover-this-zit-but-it-looks-like-cake-finish. Best of all it looks perfect in natural sun/daylight. So far it hasn't broken me out, but I haven't been using it that long, so we'll see. My one complaint, I think it is a little too drying to be used as a base on my eyes, because when I put it on my lids they got a little tight feeling. Overall, I am generally very pleased for MAC Studio Fix and will repurchase if I continue to see these great results. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 3:28:00 AM More reviews by ldylushess

I usually love MAC products but this was kind of a let down!! It didn't cover nearly as well as I had hoped! And when I applied it and buffed off the excess like i usually do.. it came off anf took some of my concealer off as well...so i had to cever my blemishes all over again!! So I am still on the prowl for the perfect powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2003 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sunkiss038

this stuff has great coverage, great color match etc...but i still look like i have powder on. dont get me wrong, i luv the stuff but it doesnt like natural but maybe its just cuz my face is ghastly white!!(i tan with a towel over my face to prevent acne hehe:-))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation looked ashy, fake, and was simply a disappointment for me. I couldn't make it look natural, no matter how lightly I applied it, and even with the application method of a powder brush. To make matters worse, it did nothing to control my oilies, but it DID accentuate any flakes I did have. So, my skin was an oily and a flaky mess! I've had no luck with MAC foundations though...the only one I kind of liked was their Select Tint (a tinted moisturizer), but the color still looked ashy on me...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2003 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tjmcardle

I was one of those who swore by Studio Fix. It was my holy grail. I wore it for years with no problems. But the last year or so I noticed it made my pores look huge, settled into my fine lines, became spotty if I perspired even just a tiny bit, and started looking cakey after just an hour or so. I finally asked a MAC "artist" at my local Nordstrom about it and she didn't have an answer for me, other than my skin must have changed. After speaking with her, I went to the Smashbox counter and told her my dilemma. She told me MAC changed the formula to Studio Fix and they now put a lot more talc in it. She also said that most of the girls she knew at the MAC counter didn't even wear it anymore, but, of course, they weren't allowed to say anything. Well, I complained to MAC on their website (great site by the way) and they responded right away (very impressive). They denied changing the formula, which I'm not sure I believe, but apologized and said they would send me a refund check (even more impressive). I'm heartbroken that Studio Fix doesn't work for me anymore, but I must say their customer service is excellent!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2003 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Mkim

Although I prefer liquid foundation/powder combination, I like this product because of its simplicity and coverage. It does make my skin a bit oily though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BrookeTrox

This is my HG powder foundation. The C2 is a perfect match for my skin (except for during the summer). This evens out my skin tone without giving that heavy foundation look. I use this with a damp sponge or with a fluffy brush, depending on the finish I want. This has no scent and has not caused me to breakout.