September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love my studio fix foundation in NC25, its alil light for my mmm or ggg skin colour but to top it up a notch, I mix it with cliniques glow crazy powder highlighter I got from a promo. It looks very nice with full coverage and do mix it up with bronze dust! It looks like a shimmery tan!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2003 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Sheevuh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This offeres great coverage for my oily skin without looking caked on. I have very pale olive/yellow skin and they have a huge variety skin colors to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

Perfect for people like myself who hate applying base. Covers fully and does not give unsightly lines of demarcation(as do liquid foundations set with powder) The applicator puff is good, but for a lighter finish use a big fluffy powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 3:20:00 PM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first put this stuff on my face, my roommate walked over and said, "Wow, your skin looks great!" He was quite surprised to hear I was wearing makeup. There's a testimonial for you. As a person with funky mixed-Asian skin who could never before buy a decent foundation that didn't make her look like it was Halloween, I consider this the greatest foundation of all time: natural-looking coverage in a wide variety of shades, smooth finish, lasts all day. Now, the caveats. 1. Studio fix goes on light, then, as it absorbs your natural skin oils, darkens a shade or two. 2. If it's cakey in your creases, apply lightly with a big fluffy powder brush. 3. Do your best to get it on evenly, because as it absorbs your skin's oils, you'll look a bit mottled of you don't. 4. MAC, why won't you make the compacts refillable? 5. If it's halfway used up, be very, very careful handling the compact. The cake cracks, you lose your makeup, and you're out like 10 bucks worth of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2003 2:46:00 PM More reviews by amya2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation/powder mix i've tried. It provides good coverage. It may be heavy at times especially in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2003 2:34:00 PM More reviews by amya2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation/powder mixed product i've tried so far, other products don't give me as nice of a coverage as this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2003 3:11:00 PM More reviews by LDinNH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, my Studio Fix days are over. I'm now in my early 40's (yikes!) and it just doesn't look good on me anymore. Shows wrinkles too much and looks too dry. Not to mention I've been told by more than one Esthetician that it is really bad for your skin. They do say, however, that the mineral makeup foundation is good for skin. (I haven't tried it yet)
One thing I do thank MAC for is that I know I'm an NC30 and it provides a frame of reference when I'm communicating with other MUA'ers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Tammy166

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well-worth the money. This makes my skin look really smooth (I wear it in all of the pictures in my info), and is worth the $26 price tag, I think. I do use oil-blotting paper every 2 or 3 hours, but that's fine with me. Use this light with a light hand because while this may feel like a powder, it spreads and blends very well. My shade is NC20.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2003 4:47:00 PM More reviews by roussel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I finally bought this one based on all the great reviews hoping it will work for me, too. But this powder made my skin too oily during the day and it also caused it to break out. Initially after trying this one at home when I first bought it, I was so impressed at how it made my skin looked flawless, and the color C4 was a perfect match for my skin. But then I got small bumps on my face at first I thought it was not because of the powder. But then after a couple of weeks using it, I tried to stop and return to my old powder. The small bumps went away the next day! I was really hoping this product will work for me, too, just like most of the people here. It also made my skin a little orange in the areas which are more oily. I guess just like what the others say here, the oil on the skin when mixed with the powder somehow creates that orangey look. I will be returning this today and will try the blot powder instead. Hopefully that will work.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2003 2:20:00 AM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE RULES OF BELLE2003 AND WHY PEOPLE MIGHT BE BREAKING OUT.

I'M A 21 YEAR OLD CHICK AND I DON'T HAVE ANY SCARS. I ALSO DON'T HAVE ANY BIG PROBLEMS WITH MY SKIN I JUST FELT LIKE I WAS AT THAT STAGE IN MY LIFE WHERE I COULD TRY FOUNDATION AND POWDERS. I ALSO THINK I HAVE UNEVEN TONE. HAVING SAID THAT, KNOW THAT THIS IS MY FIRST AND ONLY FOUNDATION I OWN.

I LIKE STUDIO FIX. I WOULD REPURCHASE AND I DO FIND IT COVERS NICELY. BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO COVER SO ITS YOUR CALL TO GO OUT AND PURCHASE OR NOT. ITS A TOUGH CHOICE AND HOPE OUR REVIEWS HELP.