November 28, 2014 | 1943 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

If I had written this review five or six years ago, I would have given it five lippies for sure. But after having tried another product (Shiseido Powdery Foundation), I suddenly realize all the negative things about this foundation. First of all, it sits on top of your skin instead of blending in. I've never broken out with this, but I've heard it can happen with girls who have sensitive or acne prone skin. Also, it makes my face quite oily, as much as any other liquid or oil based product. The nice thing about this product is that it DOES conceal well, makes you look flawless on film, and provides even coverage if applied well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 2:36:00 PM More reviews by crzyqlt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

for years I used Garden Botanika's powder plus foundation and loved it. Then they went to being a web based business only, changed their color names, and lost my business. This past summer I decided to try looking for a new powder foundation. I got a great color match with MAC. And it gave a light coverage. But I don't think I can use powder foundation anymore. I have fairly oily skin, worse in warm or humid weather. But as I approach 40, I am also getting fine lines. And I just found that under those circumstances, Studio Fix would get cakey looking on me after a few hours.
However, this was good for the week I stayed in the hospital while my 7 yr old recovered from an emergency appendectomy. I could wash my face, zip this on, and at least feel my unmade up face was covered and not looking as bad as not sleeping through nights was making it. So I hang onto it for those days when a quick make up is what I need before I have to run out of the house for errands that only require evening out my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2003 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Ollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ah! Here's my two cents on Studiofix. I've used it on people and have had great results, but on my skin (combination, clear), it just does not work. I've tried this three times, first with NC20 applied with a sponge. The result was cakey and obvious and I forgot about it for a while. I tried C2 next, which was a perfect match, applied with a powder brush it looked awesome for about an hour. I was shiny after and a little yellow. Passed it onto my sister and she loves it. I tried N4 last and it fixed the yellowing problem, but the powder just seems to sit on my skin. It looks great at first, but something goes wrong after a while! I also broke out in little bumps this last time and I thought, maybe I'm just not meant for this!

So my tips for those who do want to try it are: 1)to use a more neutral shade like in the N category unless you're obviously pink or golden to counteract the change of colour 2)apply with a brush for a softer finish and 3)put down a layer of blot powder first to counteract the shininess and colour change.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by soupsake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I'm a NC30 in Studio Tech but in Fix I prefer C3. I never apply it with the sponge, except for the odd touch-up...I find the coverage too heavy that way. I usually just dust it on with a big fluffy powder brush. Gives a nice medium coverage without looking powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2003 8:06:00 PM More reviews by pulcheria

I love this product. I've tried various foundations, but I always come back to this. I have problem-free skin and this gives me just the right amount of coverage. Plus, it's quick and easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2003 11:37:00 AM More reviews by azunprinzess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this in NC30 (winter) and NC35 (summer) for years. It covers great but looks natural. People sometimes say they can't tell that have on make-up which is great for me because I've had some bad make-up's in my day! I especially love the fact that it matches my yellow tone!!! I have not found a make-up that matches it before this!!! Most make-up's seem to have a red undertone or a pink one which shows up on me like a sore thumb.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2003 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MissPriss

I REALLY wanted to like this. I had run out of my Chanel Waterlights foundation and wanted something with easier application and a little cheaper so I tried this one. First of all, the color match was horrible (I got NC42). It was way too dark and orangey, but that just may been the MA's fault. Second, it showed every single pore on my face; it sat on top of my face and it felt really heavy. Third, it lasted all of 2 seconds on my face. And fourth, it made me break out, and hardly anything I put on my face makes me break out. :P Blah. I should have just repurchased the Waterlights int he first place, because that's what I ended up doing anyway. I would have saved myself alot of misery. The only thing that's keeping me from giving it one liptick as a rating is its easy application. I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2003 5:06:00 AM More reviews by blueMA

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried the StudioFix powder in NC35. The powder reminded me of the Lancome Dual Finish powder Makeup. It covers well, comes in great color, and gives that flawless look immediately after application... but few hours later, my skin is covered in oil and the powder floats on top of my skin, darker and creased. The powder sits undisturbed in my makeup junk collection box now.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by riotruby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC's e/s and l/g but I just hate studio fix. I have this in NC 15 (winter) and NC 20 (summer). Both colors look heavy, chalky, and cakey. I broke out horribly from this too, the big bad cystic kind of acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by uptowngirl627

Been using studio fix in NC 45 for about 4 years now. I keep returning to this foundation, not so much b/c I like it, but b/c it is the only foundation that matches my skin tone fairly well and is easy/quick to apply (for early morning rushes). Will continue to by until I can find something better. My only complaints are that it doesn't last very long on my skin and I look oily after a few hours.