MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/7/2004 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my second attempt at Studio Fix and I really really wanted it to work. The first time I purchased this was in summer about 3-4 years ago. It worked great, but I did not repurchase it again until recently. I love the coverage it gives, the packaging, I got a great color match (again)the convenience factor BUT, this time around, it has created havoc with my skin. It seemed to suck all the moisture (which is an awesome feat, since I am normally oily) out of my face and it became dry, flakey and broke out in little bumps and not sure if it is acne or what. It also oxidizes on me, but a lot of powders do this on me and some foundations, too. I don't know if they changed the formulation or what. Needless to say, not a repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my HG of foundation powders! I have never been a big fan of liquid foundation, even though I am looking for one to add to my collection. I have been wearing Studio Fix for 3 years now.. I am an NW50. After wearing Posner and other drug store brands, this stuff is gold! Flawless coverage. When I want heavier coverage, I use a powder puff (Me and the sponge never got along) and moisturizer. When I want lighter coverage, I use a retractable powder brush. This stuff matches my skin to a T. It doesn't fade or get oily after a while, and it doesn't cake up. It performed well during my awful bout of Adult Acne. I would definitely re-purchase. It costs a little more, but it's definitely worth it. UPDATE 12/5/05: I wear Mary Kay Dual Coverage Powder Foundation in Bronze 708 now. I still like Studio Fix, but MK suits my needs more at the moment.

on 2/4/2004 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have tried probably a dozen powder foundations over the years but never found one that I really liked. That has changed since I finally broke down and bought Mac Studio Fix Powder foundation. This powder really does cover my flaws, especially a couple of spider veins and some redness I have around my nose. Besides the great coverage, I like that this powder lasts a long time on my skin. I have combination skin and this really cuts down on the oily streak that goes straight down the center of my face. It takes very little product and only about 15 seconds to brush this on my whole face. This powder really provides a fast, flawless finish for my complexion. I am only sorry that I tried so many other worthless foundation powders before buying this one.

on 2/4/2004 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always thought that powders would break out my skin by clogging my pores so when I mentioned it at the MAC counter the MA quickly corrected me.

I tried this product even though I was worried but it turned out to be a great purchase and one I will be happy to make again.

I love the finish of this powder, very matte and consistant. When used over my BB Oil Free SPF 15 foundation, I couldn't see a blemish on my face. (I usually follow it with a BB shimmer brick as well, which I also love.)

This is definately worth a try if you have been searching for a powder with full coverage.

on 2/1/2004 6:58:00 PM

Iíve used this for years; itís one of my staples!

What I like about it:
It covers imperfections very well, goes on perfectly even.
It is extremely easy to apply with the sponge, or a brush Ė foolproof.
Itís a powder Ė no greasiness! Great in the summer!

What I donít like about it:
It can easily be too ĎthickíĖ if I donít use a heavier moisturizer, it will look cake-y. This will make me look dry.
It will emphasize dry patches, but again, itís a POWDER Ė thereís no moisturizer in it.

I use it regularly to set my liquid foundation by lightly dusting it on with a brush, and pat it over concealed areas with the sponge which sets it and further conceals perfectly. I use it for a quick matte touch up on my t-zone throughout the day and when I use it alone as a foundation on days I donít want to use a liquid, I apply it with a brush so I can control how much I want on my skin. I will probably always use this. Itís very versatile.

on 2/1/2004 5:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this. I just got it a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday. I thought it would just be ok but it works wonders on me. Dont think I will switch back to liquid foundation anytime soon!

on 2/1/2004 1:13:00 PM

Studio Fix powder (I used NW20) applied with a quality brush and topped with a dash of Blot (I use light) is the a treat for my oily/sensitive skin. I can't stand to have liquid foundation on my face; even the so-called oil-free makes me cringe. Give this a shot...it's a lot cheaper than Chanel Double Perfection and there are more pink tones to choose from. :>)

on 2/1/2004 1:40:00 AM

i bought this on impulse, since i was obsessed with the mac line for while (a pricey obsession too). i meant to buy this in NC23, but for some reason, the sales person gave me C3 which is too dark and orangy for me. unfortunately, the mac dealer was way too far too get a refund and i was stuck with it. it cakes, and by the end of the day, it left my face looking so shiny. i still use it sometimes if i'm in a rush, but i don't use the sponge. i apply moisturizer, then i brush this on, just to make my face look slightly tanned. much nicer effect than with sponge.

on 1/30/2004 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have never found a foundation that works as good as this one. I started using it because my skin was oily at the time and my dermatologist recommended it. Now that my skin is drier from medication, it still works just as well. It covers without looking cakey, and it lasts forever.

on 1/29/2004 5:03:00 PM

I've used Studio Fix for years and like that it isn't heavy like liquid foundations can be. The color matches my complexion very well. I will say, though, that the last one I purchased in November seems to be drying my face out more. I hope that haven't changed anything.