December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2003 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After not using this for a few years, I came back to try it again out of sheer frustration of not being able to find a powder foundation to match my fall/winter color. Boy, am I glad I did! I am taking better care of my skin now, and didn't get any of the bad reactions I did in the past. The MA picked C2 for me, which I thought was too light, but she told me that it would most likely darken and get less yellow. She was so right! Great coverage and perfect color. I buff it on with a kabuki brush and get a wonderful porcelain finish. When my skin oils mix with it, it glows. If I put too much on, it looks a little cakey, but I just blot in and blend in with no problem. I generally prefer liquids, but for when I am in a rush, this is perfect. There are a couple other brands I like better for texture, but although this does look at little yellowish on, it is the best color match so far. EDITED to say the C2 really got yellow after wearing it for a few hours. Got N4 and it is the BEST. No more yellow or orange face. Yay!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2003 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sgtill

I have combination/sensitive skin and am loving this product. I used it years ago and have tried many other brands, but nothing measures up to Studio Fix. About 10 minutes after applying, it melts into my skin for a very natural look. I find brushing it on to work the best for me. This product has cut down my getting ready time significantly!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2003 12:55:00 PM More reviews by cynxx

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found that this powder foundation does give good coverage but it dries my combo skin out too much. MAC does have a great yellow-based line.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2003 5:38:00 PM More reviews by dilydaly7

I really wanted to like this, but it was just awful. The color was way too pale (I suppose a result of poor matching) and even after moisturizing made my face look dry and flaky. The coverage was that of any heavy powder. I can see, if this was in a good color, how it would work as a fuller coverage pressed powder to dust on with a brush, but to me its just...eww.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by adalane2003

Was initially excited about using this prodfuct since MAC is basically Makeup Artist's choice but was sadly disappointed at the lack of staying power of this powder. It is great as a Studio/Portrait makep since length of staying power is really not as important. It seems to sit on the skin, much like a second layer and begins to clump and to accentuate lines within a few hours. A better choice is without a doubt Shiseido's Powder Foundation Compact, which settles beautifully onto the skin without feeling and appearing like an extra layer of skin. It also changes into a lovely dewy finish mid-day. Just beautful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2003 12:02:00 AM More reviews by amarock

This product works best on oily or normal skin. I've been using this product in colour NC30 for about 4 years and recently started to only wear this during the summertime because my skin tends to be oilier then. Also, the dual coverage of the foundation and powder is perfect for quick application when I spend more time outdoors. In the winter months when my skin is drier, I switch to using their matte liquid foundation instead - I normally stick with MAC because they offer great colours for Asian and olive skin tones. The compact is also great because it keeps the sponge away from the product, neatly tucked underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2003 7:24:00 AM More reviews by anggiedin

Me like this =D I got many compiments ever since I use this product. My friends said that my face is look eally flawless. So, what can I say, This has become my HG and definately going to buy it again after this one's finish =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2003 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AvaDollz

I LOVE this stuff. This is an absolute staple in my MU kit. I use this powder for almost all of my clients and myself. The coverage is brilliant and when dusted on with a brush rather than with the sponge applicator, it makes for a sheerer coverage - - so you can actually control the versatility. I recommend this to everyone except those with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2003 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Optikon

This covers wonderfully. BUT it seems to react with my oily skin somehow. Because after a few hours, it turns orange and makes my skin very very very oily. Yes, that's 3 verys! And then, of course, the breakouts. I really wanted to like this one because of it's perfect coverage. Can't win 'em all I guess. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2003 3:28:00 PM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I used it for a short time in 2001 and really liked it, but had major skin problems (cystic acne), after I started using it. My derm said that it wasn't caused by the makeup, so I recently decided to give it another try. I've been using it for the past month with no problems. I'm very meticulous about cleansing and toning, plus I use Retin-A for acne. It covers very well for a powder. I've been on a search this summer for something that was simple and easy to apply but covers well--this is it. I do get oily and have to blot during the day, but I have to do that with any makeup that I've tried, so it's not a big deal. The makeup stays on all day. Once I apply it in the morning, I do not reapply. I only use a little blot powder throughout the day, and blot with tissues. I apply with either a make-up wedge, foundation brush or powder brush, depending on my mood. I will definitely repurchase this product. ****UPDATE (3/24/04)****Although I really liked this foundation and was able to get a perfect match (C40), I had to stop using it because I started to break out. It's weird, because I was able to use it for a couple of months before I started getting the small cystic-type bumps. I actually tried it a couple of times since writing this review and the same thing happened. Oh well....UPDATE 7/22/05---OK, I've got to finally give up on this foundation! I have an obsession with MAC that I am going to have to let go. I got this again in May, wanting to give it another try. This time I didn't break out in acne, but I started getting weird little rashes on my face. I'm not sure if it was this or the MAC Cleanse Off Oil, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I returned everything with "MAC" on it, and I've decided that I just cannot use their products. I'll get over it....