MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/12/2003 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My God, why would anyone ever want to use anything else??? This stuff is the Holy Grail of powder foundations. It covers EVERYTHING, and only at the MAC counter have I ever been able to find a perfect match (C2) for my yellow-toned yet pale complexion. At 47, after years of being oily, my skin is finally normal. My routine is this: Rachel Perry Calendula-Cucumber Moisturizer, then after it's thoroughly dry, I put on C2 Studio Fix with a big powder brush. Perfect! Maybe two or three times in a 13 hour period I have to use blot film, but that's IT. I use NC20 Studio Fix as a lightener under my eyes, and NC35 as a contour shadow, and I'm done. It used to take most of my makeup time to do my face; now it's my eyes that take the time. Studio Fix is wonderful stuff.

on 12/5/2003 10:57:00 AM

I got this in NW15 (yes I am super pale). It looks really chalky on me. and any fine lines/dryness I have, it enhances. I won't be re-purchasing this product again.

on 12/1/2003 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Well I have been using this powder for over 3 years now and have repurchased multiple times so I guess it is time to do a review. My favorite shade is NW45 and this is currently my CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT foundation. What is wonderful with this foundation is that you can always control how much coverage you want and it is a breeze to apply. Not much more to say other than the reputation of Studio Fix is well deserved. The only little caution (for those with acne pron skin) is to be sure to change the application sponge every two weeks or you may develop a bit of breakout. I purchase renewal sponges directly from MAC and they are dirt cheap.

on 11/29/2003 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Nice, sheet coverage, matte finish, the ABSOLUTE best colour selection... what more can I say?! It is a powder foundation, not creamy at all. Good for oily skin. It might look cakey on someone with drier skin. My summertime staple when I want a matte look. Apply with a foundation brush or large powder brush for a lighter finish.

I am very happy with this powder. I am an NC20 and it looks very natural and sets my foundation. I just wonder though is it worth it to spend so much on a powder?

on 11/19/2003 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, I really thought I would like it and be very happy with it. One of the ladies at the MAC counter applied this on my face in NC45 with a large powder brush. It seemed OK in the dept store's light. As I got halfway home (the nearest counter is close to 80 miles from where I live), I was sitting at a stop light and reached in my purse and pulled out my compact to admire my freshly done makeup. Was I surprised! In natural light, I could see that the powder had a cakey appearance on my skin, and had already settled into the vague laugh lines around my mouth and had accentuated them due to the creasing of the powder. Now, I am only 27 so those faint lines are the only 'wrinkles' I have on my face. Ordinarily, they are not even noticeable. I would hate to think how SF would have looked on me had I actually HAD more lines for the powder to settle in to. I also realized that the shade that was selected (NC45) was visibly a mismatch for my skin. It was a bit too light and too orangey. The next time I went back to the MAC counter, I exchanged decided to give this a second shot. I exchanged for the correct color (NC55). It was a bit of an improvement since the color matched my skin, BUT, the powder still ended up caking and settling just like the first one did. This time, I noticed a slight grey cast instead of the orange color. I was trying to blame the problems on the poor color choice I was matched up with initially, but truth be told, the problem is the product itself. It also made my skin super greasy, and no amount of blot powder could remedy that problem. What a disappointment!

on 11/17/2003 2:59:00 AM

I love applying this with a brush for light coverage. I feel that I can get as little or as much as I need using either brush or sponge.

on 11/14/2003 3:24:00 PM

I have tried SEVERAL powder foundations over the years, and my most recent purchase of MAC StudioFix is my favorite so far! I got the NC35 shade, and I wear it over the MAC Select Tint SPF 15 tinted moisturizer in NC30 for more coverage, or alone for less coverage. The powder goes on very evenly and smoothly and gives a great finish! Would definitely purchase again, along with all the other MAC products I have tried (Pro Lash mascara, sheertone blush)!!

on 11/14/2003 10:17:00 AM

This is GOOD. Drugstores' powder foundations has always make me break out(regardless of e brand. i have tried countless.) e price is reasonable, considering e fact that e coverage is great, e packaging chic but simple n e fact that my skin loves it! All my face powders r from MAC n they have nv let me down. Studio fix has definitely got my vote! =P

on 11/14/2003 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It covers well, but the texture could be abetter. Immediately after application, I could see a little bit of cakiness (if I look very closely in the mirror). It doesn't feel very light on the skin. Additionally, the mirror portion of the case broke after little usage. It does its job, and I finished using it, but it's nothing special.