MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/29/2004 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I hate this product. It goes on dry but then a little while later I am as shinny as can be. I swear it also get's darker & changes color as the day goes on and if I touch up too much it looks really caked on. I would not recommend this product.

on 1/29/2004 1:45:00 AM

It is a ok product where it looks natural on my skin since I pick the right color. But somehow, I feel that it is heavy, not "nude" enough and does not have this light-weight feel. I also don't the fact that Studio Fix doesn't have SPF! And it makes my skin pretty dry even though I put decent amount of moisturizer before applying this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My opinion might be a bit biased cos I only buy MAC foundations as they are the only ones that perfectly match my skin. But I love Studio Fix so much when I'm in a rush as I can just use my powder brush to slap it on my face and feel confident that I have great coverage! Another MAC favourite!

on 1/26/2004 7:02:00 PM

What a disappointment!!!! I asked the guy at the MAC store to recommend a pretty and natural foundation for my combo skin, and he put this on my face. It looked good in the mirror inside the mall store, so I bought it. Once I saw myself in natural light, I knew I'd wasted my money...It was so-o-o-o fake looking and caked - like a hideous mask. I tried to put it on more lightly the next day, but then it faded off in about 30 minutes. Like I said... what a disappointment!

on 1/26/2004 2:06:00 AM

I have been using Studio Fix for 8 years now, it was the first MAC product I used and I love it. Great coverage, stays well on my oily skin. I use NC 30.

Deffinitely one of my all time favorite beauty product.

on 1/25/2004 5:55:00 AM

As much as i hate to admit it, studio fix sucks. It's ok (though not good) in the summer when my face is oily all over, but studio fix exacerbated my combination skin in the winter. It makes my skin flakey AND oily AND flat-looking at the same time. O yea and it breaks my out. It's VERY dry when i put it on in the morning, but it gets super shiny and oily mid-morning. It also oxidizes and get a few shades darker if you don't let your moisturizer dry completely before you put this on. The only thing i like about this foundation is it's packaging. This compact is very portable and user friendly. Other than that, i don't like it at all. One lippie for MAC and one for the packaging. I love MAC, but they really need to work on their foundations.

on 1/23/2004 12:43:00 AM

I cannot live without studio fix powder in NC35... I love EVERYTHING about it. I have combination skin (mostly oily) and it helps to keep my face with a matte finish. Also, I kind of have problem skin (3-5 blemishes at a time) and this powder covers SO well... it makes me feel confident that people aren't staring at my problem areas. I will be a studio fix wearer forever!

on 1/22/2004 12:43:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this powder/foundation! I definitely recommend applying it with a brush for more even coverage. It's not TOO expensive, but it does last a long time. (Mine lasted almost a year!) Living in Florida makes it hard to wear a heavy liquid foundation so this is all that I use and it's the only thing I have found that stays on my face the entire day!

on 1/21/2004 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wear an NC30 or C3, but this product goes on too dry and turns too oily!

on 1/21/2004 7:47:00 PM

hellooooo cake face! hope to never see you again.

this sucks. over priced garbage that makes you look like you just got blasted in the face with skin colored chalk.

Video Reviews & Tutorials