Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/4/2009 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff ROCKS. I have very deep-set eyes, so my eyeshadow would always crease, but with this underneath, nothing budges. It lasts long too- maybe 5 months? Prolly much longer once I get all the stuff out- the packaging SUCKS. Only bad point, but the actual product is so good that I stopped caring....haha

on 6/4/2009 10:23:00 AM

You know, I trust you ladies. So when you say something is unbelievably good, I go out and buy it. Such is the case with Urban Decay Primer Potion. You are all right about the craptastic packaging. The shape of the bottle is cute, but highly impractical. I got one of the new bottles with the slanted tip. I'm not sure how much this is really going to help to get everything out of the tube. The product inside is merely okay. I had previously been using what is left of my Almay cream shadows (which they no longer make...booo!) and L'Oreal HIP cream shadows to prime. These had been working just fine, but I had to see what all the hoopla was about with UDPP. Your shadow will not crease when using UDPP, but your shadow will also not crease using one of the cream shadows I mentioned as a base. Your shadow will also not wear off during a typical work day, but if you rub your eyes, you are still screwed. Now, I was under the impression that this primer would also make your shadows appear more vibrant. This is simply not true. In my opinion, UDPP works fine as a base for daytime eye makeup, but if you are going out and really want to do something vivid and crazy, this is not really that great at grabbing color and helping you pack it on your eyes (unless you apply your colors wet, which alone would make your shadow much stronger). For this, I prefer one of my cream shadows or a gel or cream eyeliner as base. Will I buy this again? Sure. It is light and goes on smoothly and works well for my work eye makeup. However, it has not encouraged me to ditch the trusty products I have already been using.

I love UDPP and I love the one in Sin much more! UDPP doesnt crease on me and makes my eyeshadows last all day.

UDPP in Sin does the same and the best thing about it is you can wear it alone. I get so many compliments about my "eyeshadow" when its really just UDPP in Sin. I hope they release more UDPP colors!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is HG for sure! Before I found out about this stuff I would have never thought that an eyeshadow primer could make a big difference, but believe me, it does!

I never realized what I was missing out on until I tried this great product! My eyeshadow stays flawless all day and hardly ever creases! This product is a little pricy, but one tube lasts awhile and the results are fantastic so I will keep buying it forever! <3

on 6/3/2009 3:04:00 PM

Most people love this product, as you can tell. I really don't. I have really try lids and this just dries them out even more! It makes them flaky and the fact that the company is trying to cheat us out of half the product! For that price, that's just ridiculous. I think I'm going to use the rest up so it doesn't go to waste and then try out Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

After reading much hype about this primer, I had to go and purchase one to see for myself. Just like everybody else, I am quite pleased with Urban Decay Primer Potion and its claims (such as no creasing & makes eyeshadows last longer) are true. And just like everybody else, the packaging is quite cute looking at it but there is no way you can use all the product unless you cut it open and transfer it.

Another thing that I have noticed is that it dries up easily once I applied it on my eye lid so I always have to hurry on putting it on and giving my lid full coverage.

For the most part, I would buy this product again. However, I am also looking forward to buying other primer products such as Too Faced Shadow Insurance and M.A.C.'s paint pot.

Packaging blows, as we all know. Other than that, it's pretty much flawless. Goes on smoothly and evenly. Makes your eyeshadow stay on all day. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could, but since there are ways to get the primer out of the container, I'll round it to a 5 instead of a 4. I think I might try Too Faced Shadow Insurance next, though.

Edit: The more and more I used this, the more and more I disliked it. It left a few flakes each time I put this on my eye. Will not be repurchasing.

on 6/2/2009 10:46:00 AM

I've been through 4-5 tubes of this stuff since it's come out, I never use eyeshadow without it. I've tried many different shadow primers, and this is the best. It evens out skintone, gives some intensification of ES color, doesn't dry out my lids or make them look crepey.
My complaint is the same as everyones: the packaging. You have to pull the ring at the top off to get more of the product out, and once you've done that the remaining product dries out faster. I don't see why there's a need for a wand at all - I apply this with my fingers because you need such a tiny amount - applying it with the wand would put way too much on your lids. IMO the best packaging for this product would be a tube with a small opening, like MACs concealer tubes...

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Although I don't like the package, I like whats in it. It does work on me. No crease whatsoever. Hate the price. But it lasted me a year because I cut open the bottle and scooped the rest into a small container.

on 6/2/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It helps, makes shadows stick, look better, and last longer, only have to use a tiny bit so the bottle does last quite a while, though lots of product does get stuck in the genieness. To me its totally worth it.

PS, if you are sawing this open, please be careful. I got a nasty cut doing this, if possible use a vice clamp.

Video Reviews & Tutorials