Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product is definitely a basic must have for an e/s base. If you have oily lids, it's perfect for mattefying your e/s but also bringing out the colours in your e/s and helps it last for a long time without having to re-touch. But if your lids are dry, I find that it leaves wierd flakes when applying it. The packaging sucks, cute but sucks, wish it was in a squeeze tube or a small tub, but other than that it, it's a repurchase for me!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So i agree with everyone else about the packaging so...ditto. :D but for me the primer does exactly what i needs. the makeup stays in place when i do doubles where i work. which is great because i dont have to spend my time working hoping that my makeup is still where its supposed to be and that it still looks good. it is totally worth the hassal of sawing the bottle and getting the remnants out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

[edit 10/29/2011] Ok I'm eating my words now cause I just bought a tube of the stuff! I'm really glad the packaging has changed and now I can use it without worrying about product getting wasted. Yay! [/edit]

Overall its a 2 because it does WORK. Price is 5 because I cannot justify paying that much for shitty product packaging. Packaging quality would be a 0 if I could give it that. I had this product for one week. On the last day I used it, I stuck the applicator back inside the tube and the product start oozing out from the bottom, and I didnt even notice until soo much oozed out that it dropped on my foot and got alll over my carpet. The stain is still there!!! Needless to say I returned it to Sephora (thank god!). Just dont buy it, TFSI is better and it comes in practical packaging!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because of the rave reviews it got from yt gurus and anywhere and everywhere that talks about makeup. Although I found it to be effective in keeping my eyeshadow looking fresh all day, it did not help me with undereye smudging from my eyeliner and or waterproof mascara. I have oiliness along my lower lash line and no matter which waterproof product I use, it still smudges. I don't think I will be re-purchasing the udpp because I purchased this in hopes of eliminating the raccoon eye look, but it was ineffective.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was the very first eyeshadow primer i've ever used. It does work, but after so many hours, my shadows would crease. Plus, you lose alot of product in that oddly shaped bottle. You have to cut it open to find there's alot more product hiding in there! It also dried up on me too.

I prefer my MAC paint pots ;)

Works pretty well, except I hate the packaging! I mean it's really cute, but it wastes product :( Other then that works great! (Sorry for such a short review lol there are a lot of reviews as it is so check them out haha)

The idea is fantastic. A product that will finally rid us oily girls of eyeshadow creases along our brows! As everybody has reviewed, the packaging is craptacular: spectacular because of the wand - thus very easy application, but crappy because you can't tell how much product is left and apparently, a lot is left when it is seemingly "done." I personally liked the product and think it does what it's supposed to, but I have sensitive skin and unfortunately after one application I started getting an allergic reaction to the area that I applied the product on. I thought maybe it was one of my new eyeshadow shades, but then I tested it out again with nothing but just the primer potion on and yup - it was the culprit all right. So for those with sensitive skin out there - beware. Buy the product from a place that you can return it to because you just might have to. Or better yet, try it at the store, go home and wait. Maybe you're one of those lucky ones who could use this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the best products I've ever used. It does what it is supposed to which is make eyeshadow stay put all day or all night under eyeshadow poweder.This product is a must have!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I actually tested both this and TFSI side by side. I applied a bold green shadow on both eyes so it'd be easier to distinguish fading and creasing. Overall, UDPP held up just a teeny tiny bit better over TFSI, but the packaging is just craptastic, so TFSI it is. (I'm way too lazy to go around sawing packaging just to get the darned product out.) Going to try Lumene's out next...

I love this stuff! I can't go without it! It really makes my eyeshadow last and it makes it look better. I don't love the applicator. A brush would be nicer. When it's running low I unbend a bobby pin and scrape out more. There is a lot you can't get out with just the applicator. Other than that it's great! Everyone should get this.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products