Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love Burt's Bees... I use it all the time, either alone or under lipstick / lipgloss (especially sticky glosses) and sometimes when I go to sleep. I even got my husband to start using it :) It has a light weight texture, and the peppermint oils leave my lips with a minty tingle. This is offered in both tube and pot form... I prefer the tube :) I love this balm :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I likedthe tingly mint feeling+ smell, but I recently found out that mint actually dries out your lips! Plus, the main ingredient in the balm is wax, which made my lips feel dry and nasty. The container is irritating too! It's one of those annoying tins that are like impossible to pull the container!

on 2/3/2003 1:20:00 AM

The pepperminty scent is alright with me, but will probably annoy people who don't like scented or tingly stuff on the lips. I didn't find the lipbalm moisturizing though. I MUCH prefer MMU's lipbalms that are moisturizing, glossy, and have fantastic flavors.

on 1/31/2003 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is another staple at our houses. The kids think it's neat!!! Never lasts long for some reason.

on 1/31/2003 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know that this has a cult following of sorts but I just can't stand it. It is so minty that it makes my lips feel even more dry than they were to start with. It doesn't add any shine or even a subtle sheen. It's a bit pricey as well, in my local health food store it runs $2.40. It looks just like a tube of chapstick which works better and only costs 99 cents. Thumbs down from me.

on 1/31/2003 12:21:00 PM

I am addicted to Burt's Bee's lip balm I use year round, but it works so awesome in the winter. The peppermint smell not only feels deliciously tingly on my lips but the emollients deeply soften my lips and make them totally kissable. My fiancee thinks i have a breath mint in my mouth when he goes to kiss me, but its actually the lip balm. He loves how it smells and the feel of my lips after using Burt's lip balm. All i can say is its cheap and does the job very well.

on 1/29/2003 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip balm. I think it is far superior to even the much more costly Nuxe lip balms. The peppermint oils are especially soothing for dry lips. My only gripe is the tin pot that one version of the lip balm comes in. You can also buy the tube applicator version. I think it is unhygienic to apply by dipping fingers into the pot, and touching lips which may already have breaks and/or irritation. The price is unbeatable and the balm lasts for a very long time. I will certainly repurchase again and again!

on 1/26/2003 7:55:00 PM

This is the best lip balm that I have ever used. I much prefer the tube and I think I pay $2.50 for it, which isn't much more than the Blistex that did nothing for me. It does tingle a little bit. I have a low pain threshold so I'd be the first to complain if it burned. It's got a nice thick texture that coats your lips which it should do. It lasts a long time on and I've noticed that even without it my lips are healthier and softer looking. It makes them seem pinker too. This far outshines Smith's rosebud salve. If you're looking for a great non-goopy long-lasting lip balm that really works this is the one.

on 1/21/2003 3:18:00 AM

I have the tube and the tin, and I prefer the tube since it's hard to get any product out of the tin. This is a very nice lipbalm, fairly well moisturizing. The peppermint (or whatever) does irritate my lips in the winter though. Overall, this is a good balm.

I love this lip balm. It has a nice minty smell, and goes on so smoothly on my lips. It is also very cheap. It is light enough to wear under lipliner, gloss or lipstick. Does wonders in keeping dryness and flakes away.A staple for me!!

Popular Lip Treatments