Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

I love this lip balm. It has a nice minty smell, and goes on so smoothly on my lips. It is also very cheap. It is light enough to wear under lipliner, gloss or lipstick. Does wonders in keeping dryness and flakes away.A staple for me!!

on 1/18/2003 3:29:00 AM

If i could only bring 1 thing with me onto a deserted island- well this is IT! This is THE best lip balm, and as a lip balm fiend who has tried them all, nothing can beat this one. Some say it's waxy, but that's what makes it so moisturizing and long lasting! No one else makes one that is as pepperminty and tingly on the lips. If you are into slippery, vaseline-type lip balms that last for all of 5 minutes on your lips before u have to re-apply- well this one is not for you. This one last for hours. Everyone i've introduced this too, is now addicted! And for a $1.99? how can u go wrong!

on 1/18/2003 12:39:00 AM

I love this! I found this to be very protecting and emoliating without being thick or waxy. Con: comes in a tin so you have to get your hands messy and risk introducing bacteria to the product.

on 1/17/2003 2:58:00 PM

I like the minty tingle feeling when I apply this lip balm. But, like most lip balms, this does not HEAL my chapped lips. Just makes them temporarily feel better while the product is still on my lips.

Dissapointed with this- very thick, so thick in fact that I basically had to smear it onto my lips... Scent was OK, packaging was same-old, same-old, but for the price- I could get a couple(or a few!) better drugstore lip balms.

on 1/12/2003 12:00:00 PM

I gave this lip balm a try when I couldn't get rid of the dry patches that kept peeling off my lips to heal. I had been using products that were petroleum or oil based. These did nothing to help my lips...only made them look like Iíd just eaten a greasy pork chop. The day I started using this lip balm, I noticed a difference immediately. Personally, I prefer a waxed based product to oil. I love the tingly, cooling feeling. The smell and taste is noticeable, but not overpowering. Someone wrote that it made their lips drier and acted like an exfoliating agent. I experienced this too in the beginning, but I also use Mary Kayís Lip Mask every few days to remove the dry, dead skin. Together, they are doing wonders for my lips. I put this on in the morning before a shower, reapply throughout the day and before bed. When I canít reapply, I notice my lips are still much softer, smoother and have a healthy pink color. I'll be buying again.

on 1/11/2003 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Smells nice, but it only feels good if my lips are not chapped. If they're chapped, this balm burns them all to hell. Yowie. I actually find Carmex to be less irritating than this. No balm that irritates your lips is a good balm, no matter how much you want to like it.

on 1/11/2003 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

YUCK! This lip balm stings my lips!

on 1/6/2003 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this lip balm-its nice and light but still keeps my lips moist. I love how its so tingly and minty--the little tin seems to last forever-I've only made a tiny dent in it! This is good one!

on 1/6/2003 8:13:00 PM

I got this in the 'head-to-toe' starter kit. I like the minty taste but it doesn't moisturize at all and it feels like pure wax on my lips. I have to gloss other lip balm over it. Giving it a 2 rating for the minty taste.

Popular Lip Treatments