Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily lids and I also have major problems with eyeshadows disappearing completely. I've tried my share of primers, including TFSI, ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and L'Oreal Decrease, and nothing performs as well as UDPP for me. I slap on a generous layer, and my eyeshadows stay much longer than with anything else.

I hate the packaging as much as everyone else, but I'll keep buying and depotting because it's worth it to me. I'd love it if they changed the packaging though, I guess we can wish!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had heard so much hype that I finally decided to shell out the $17.50 and try it. I have to tell you that I absolutely love it. It goes on smoothly, prevents creasing throughout the day, and makes colors appear vibrant. This was expensive but I definitely think it was worth the money. Now I want to buy this primer in Sin. I had to take one lippy off though due to the annoying packaging!

on 6/15/2009 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This primer works its ass off, I love it. No creasing, makes eye shadow more vivid and does exactly what it claims to. However (damn, not quite HG) it irritates my eyelids if I use it more than a few days in a row. I get little patches of flaky skin that are pink and itchy. If I give it a break for a day or two then go back to it, this doesn't seem to happen. I love the look of the packaging ('Bewitched' anyone? I feel like a snake charmer with this in my arsenal) but it wastes a lot of product unless you are determined to de-pot it. There are good tips on YouTube for showing how to do this.

GODS GIFT TO WOMAN. I am an athlete and horse person, and I put my make up on this am at six am. Barrel raced and rode from nine am to four pm HARD in the 94 degree heat and still had pretty eyeshadow on my way home after washing two horse trailers and mucking stalls. LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I never wear eyeshadow, but my eyeliner usually gets into the creases of my eyes by the end of the day because they are oily. I bought this just for prom, and after 3 hours of waiting for prom and 4 hours of dancing, this stuff kept all my eye makeup in place. Nothing budged the entire time, even though it was incredibly hot and I was sweating like a pig.

on 6/14/2009 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

EDITTED:

I gave this product an unfair review after the first few times I used it, but have now completely changed my mind about it. I have allergies so my eyes tend to get watery/itchy occasionally so I'm thinking that was a part of the reason why the eyeliner was still smudging. I'm also using less product now and applying it on my lower lash line as well. I now experience very little smudging of eyeliner and of course the eyeshadow takes about 8 hours to begin creasing. Been using it for a month and I really like it, I can't see myself not using it now!

This is a really great primer and I would not go without it. It definitely makes my shadows last longer and prevents creasing. I've bought this product several times now and will continue to do so. I just purchased the new primer from Urban Decay "sin" which promises more shimmer so am excited to try it.

on 6/13/2009 5:15:00 PM

I finally purchased this product after listening to all the rave reviews and hype. I'll have to say that I'm slightly disappointed and that is most likely due to how much I hoped it would be this perfect magical product. I'm not saying that this is bad by any means, just don't expect perfection. My shadows apply more vividly and resist creasing but I feel that they fade a bit throughout the day, which is my only complaint about the product itself. Also, the interesting packaging will be a PITA when it starts to run low. They've tried to combat the packaging problem with making the wand applicator angled and I hope it helps. I would definetly buy this again.

on 6/12/2009 3:27:00 PM

I bought a mini trial size off of eBay to try out before shelling out $17.
I have oily lids, and my Elizabeth Arden primer lasts me about 4h without creasing.
UDPP lasted me 7 hours without any sign of creasing, so I'm very very happy.

on 6/12/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Such a perfect primer. It dries easily and is quick to apply with the help of the sponge-tip applicatior. The nude-colored base lets your eyeshadow show 100% of its color. It rarely creases and lasts day to night. My makeup tends to crease slightly after a night of clubbing, but not when I'm wearing this! I wish this came in a solid concentrated form because the awkward applicator prevents you from accessing the dregs of the product in the bottom of the bottle. Aside from that (hence the -1 lippy), this stuff rocks!

EDIT: TFSI is better IMO. I know this comes in a squeeze tube now though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials