Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/8/2009 9:46:00 PM

this primer astounded me, it was the first one I'd ever used; but by the end of the day, your eye makeup looks like you just put it on! PLUS it makes eyeshadows brighter & better :)

MAKE SURE THOUGH******
make sure once you;re done the bottle to cut it open and depot what's inside! That tiny bottle has lasted me an entire YEAR because I scooped out what was left! DO IT youll be shocked at how much is still in there! (help? look up "depot udpp" on youtube)

on 6/8/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great for keeping my eyeshadow in place all day. Last on hot days too.

on 6/7/2009 6:21:00 PM

I've had no creases whatsoever since buying this. I love it!

on 6/7/2009 2:46:00 AM

OMG AMAZING!! I didn't want to listen to all the hype at first but I finally gave in, and am sooo glad I did. I usually use mineral eyeshadows and have to do the "foiling" technique. I think its actually very annoying to do and hard to get the consistency you want. No more of doing that for me ever because this primer works as a charm on those mineral eyeshadows. A very light dab into the mineral eyeshadow with a brush and I tap it right onto the primer. The colors are vibrant and it cuts down application time by so much! I will definitely be buying over and over because I am still in disbelief! Also since I usually don't wear eyeshadow, the price is worth it since it will only be used for special occasions and dancing. You really only need a little bit and though the packaging sucks, there's lots of blogs out there showing you how to de-bottle the magic!

This stuff is AMAZING! not only does it keep your shadow and eyeliner from smudging due to oils all day but if you dab a little on other areas of the face where you get oily (t-zone for example) it stops oil all day! They need to make this in a lartger bottle for an all over face primer!

on 6/5/2009 1:12:00 PM

This stuff rocks as everyone knows. I just wanted to share a helpful hint that a girl who worked at Ulta told me. When it gets down to where you can't get anymore product out of the funky bottle, pop off the plastic stopper thing around the opening of the bottle and you will be able to get the wand into the hard to reach areas. But don't do it too soon or the product will dry out too quickly.

on 6/5/2009 12:58:00 PM

I adore this stuff. I use it everyday, and I've never experienced creasing or fading while using it . However, the only downside is the packaging. A significant amount of the product (that you are paying for!) isn't accessible using the applicator. The 'genie' shape of the bottle means that a lot of the primer is stuck in areas that the applicator can't get to. This has led to a number of videos on youtube that show how to cut open the bottle to get out the rest of the product. As well as being unhygienic and potentially dangerous, this just doesn't seem fair to me. I don't enjoy having to work this hard just to get my money's worth. The reason I will buy it again is that I haven't found another primer that works as well, so I am willing to suffer until Urban Decay come to their senses and put it in a squeezy tube.

on 6/4/2009 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on a daily basis. I got a trial size in the UD Book of Shadows and thought it'd be a great way to try it out.

Before I used this, I used Painterly paintpot because I was new to makeup and that's what I had seen in a lot of tutorials. However, I have a little darker complexion and Painterly is a little too light for me and I have to be really careful in the application of that paint pot because otherwise it creates a lighter ring around my eyes and it doesn't always look right - especially in pictures.

In general, I don't have the problem of oily lids, but if I go out and get hot dancing or wear eyeshadow to work (I'm a bartender) and sweat, this stuff holds my eyeshadow in place. I have NEVER had to reapply any eye shadow throughout the night. That being said, I have never had to with my paint pot either.

All in all, I would recommend this all who want their eyeshadow to stay in place!

on 6/4/2009 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This stuff ROCKS. I have very deep-set eyes, so my eyeshadow would always crease, but with this underneath, nothing budges. It lasts long too- maybe 5 months? Prolly much longer once I get all the stuff out- the packaging SUCKS. Only bad point, but the actual product is so good that I stopped caring....haha

on 6/4/2009 10:23:00 AM

You know, I trust you ladies. So when you say something is unbelievably good, I go out and buy it. Such is the case with Urban Decay Primer Potion. You are all right about the craptastic packaging. The shape of the bottle is cute, but highly impractical. I got one of the new bottles with the slanted tip. I'm not sure how much this is really going to help to get everything out of the tube. The product inside is merely okay. I had previously been using what is left of my Almay cream shadows (which they no longer make...booo!) and L'Oreal HIP cream shadows to prime. These had been working just fine, but I had to see what all the hoopla was about with UDPP. Your shadow will not crease when using UDPP, but your shadow will also not crease using one of the cream shadows I mentioned as a base. Your shadow will also not wear off during a typical work day, but if you rub your eyes, you are still screwed. Now, I was under the impression that this primer would also make your shadows appear more vibrant. This is simply not true. In my opinion, UDPP works fine as a base for daytime eye makeup, but if you are going out and really want to do something vivid and crazy, this is not really that great at grabbing color and helping you pack it on your eyes (unless you apply your colors wet, which alone would make your shadow much stronger). For this, I prefer one of my cream shadows or a gel or cream eyeliner as base. Will I buy this again? Sure. It is light and goes on smoothly and works well for my work eye makeup. However, it has not encouraged me to ditch the trusty products I have already been using.

Video Reviews & Tutorials