Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product works really well in avoiding creasing in the eye lid and keeping your eyeliner in place. But when you put it on, it's really sticky so it's difficult to blend it your eyeshadows. I hear the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is more water based, so it's better for blending. The packaging is cute, but really inefficient.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have 'normal' lids (not oily or dry). This dried out my lid area so bad. I tried many different ways 2 apply it (using different kinds of moisturizers b4 I applied it, no moisturizer, just a serum, etc). Nothing worked. It still made my eye area dry looking.

This primer is amazing. I have super oily lids and my eye shadows used to crease which sucks. I have been using this product for years ever since it came out and I was amazed with how great it worked the first time I've used it. The packaging does suck (hence the 4 lippies) but I depotted mine and it hasn't dried out. I would suggest putting it inside an airtight jar. Definite buy!

There are better products that will help your eyeshadow last.
The bottle is cute but you can't get all of the product out unless you cut up the bottle.
I prefer MAC paint pots.

This product works very well in keeping your eyeshadow rich and crease-free all throughout the day. I do hate the packaging, but I've "decanted" it into a jar (it's the microwave depotting method on YouTube). Now I just use a small concealer type brush to use it. Works great!

This product is the fourth most reviewed on this site for a reason. That said, it is exactly why I decided to try it. My eyelids are somewhat oily, but the main reason I purchased this was because I have long days in the office and I want my eyemakeup to withstand. Results? This does exactly what I hoped. My eyemakeup looks just applied from 5:30 am when I apply it, to 5:00pm when I walk in the door from work. I know that most have qualms about the packaging. Although I do like the wand, I agree, the packaging IS kind of silly. Why not just make the tube long and cylinder like a lipgloss? The product feels soft on my skin, drys quickly and isn't at all sticky. It is a matte creme color, and spreads nicely. This will be a staple in my makeup bag.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this product a week ago and have been using it everyday since. I find that it makes my eyeshadow last a lot longer, however later on during the night my shadow WILL crease. No where near as bad though if I didn't have the primer on, so because of this I think I would mostly likely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't be sucked into this for its cute packaging!
It's not a bad eye primer, but personally, I would much rather splurge on Too Faced Shadow Insurance over UDPP! I just hate the packaging. I also hate having products crust on top! ewww so gross! Also, TFSI is more water based, which make it easy to evenly apply all over the lid.

Great product. Terrible packaging. It really wastes a lot of product, but I prefer the applicator with this (its like a sponge tip for lip gloss) as opposed to TFSI. I don't like using my finger with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
I think that this product is fabulous and give shadow real staying powder.
I would say that the Too faced will last you a lot longer, but I still like this product slightly better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know I did not spend $17 + tax for nothing. This primer is AMAZING and one of the best products I've ever used. I don't have to keep putting eyeshadows over and over again to make the color stand out. One touch just works with this! It makes eyeshadows look highly pigmented and rich.

Video Reviews & Tutorials