Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/29/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. It works great for me even with my oily skin. I'm not sure if I'm very fond of the new slanted applicator tip but I would most certainly buy this product again =)

on 6/29/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My lids are extremely oily and even in winter any eye makeup (even waterproof) will slide right into my creases. This is the only thing I've found that keeps my eye makeup in place until I decide to remove it. I have been using this for a couple of years and still haven't found anything better. I also use a bit under my bottom lash line to hold my liner in place and keep my mascara from getting raccoon-y down there.

on 6/28/2009 1:45:00 PM

Overall, this is a great product. I know it's been helpful to a lot of people, including me. I don't like the packaging but I'd buy it again. I love that there's no color to this. Even if I just want to wear a pretty eyeliner w/o shadow, I dab a bit of PP on the lashline first then apply e/l, helps it to last and last!

on 6/27/2009 8:21:00 AM

loooove the product, no creasing after 10 hours, and the eyeshadow stays there. it made it slightly more vibrant. but damn! do i hate the packaging! i recently got a new primer potion, and the wand has changed, but ughhh, whenever i closed the bottle, the product gushed out of the tube. urban decay really needs to make better packaging.

on 6/27/2009 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Better stuff ever. Period. I tried this as a last-ditch-effort because I was so discouraged from my shadow creasing so badly that I was almost read to just completely stop wearing eyeshadow but I happened to subscribe to a makeup forum over a year ago and I posted a thread about the problem that I had with creasing and the response was unanimous - UDPP. I went out and got it right away and boy, am I glad I did. I also heard about TFSI so I went to Sephora and the girl there gave me a very generous sample months ago and I still don't have to buy any. UDPP and TFSI seem like they are the same but they're not. TFSI is good, but at the end of the day I do have creasing, though barely noticable but to me. Not the case with UDPP. Totally my HG. The packaging stinks though, I'll be glad when they fix that.

on 6/26/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best primer I have ever encountered. I can finally wear eyeliner all around my eye and not have it smudge all day. I don't even have to use a lot and it still has staying power. My only complaint is the packaging. It's stupid. Smart for the company but bad for the consumer. So yes, I will continue purchasing this product, just like I will be cutting each genie bottle open to finish the product.

on 6/25/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my 1st primer purchase and I was delighted with the results. True to pan colour on even my drug store brands,and no creasing even after an 18 hour day. However, after only about 6 weeks of use I struggled to get the product out. Research on YT showed how much product was still left in the cute packaging when people depotted the product. I didn't get as far as cutting the darned tube open - I went out and bought Estee Lauder double wear base instead!! UDPP is a great product, but Urban Decay need to rethink the delivery.

on 6/25/2009 11:58:00 AM

I don't know how I lived without this before. Honestly worth the price. I find I get away with 3 or 4 light dabs of this stuff; in other words, try less before you decide to use more, and it will last longer. My tube has lasted 6 months so far with no end in sight. I have super oily eyelids and used to lose my shadow into ugly oily creases within a few hours. Now it stays til the end of the day. My only complaints are the price (but it is worth it), the packaging and it's difficult to use cream/wet eyeshadows. Still worth it imo.

on 6/24/2009 10:45:00 PM

I have super oily eyelids, I would apply eyeshadow and within the hour it would crease! I was lucky if I had any shadow left by the end of the day. My cousin had this and let me try it, I couldn't believe it my shadow lasted all day long!!!! I had to have this but being Canadian couldn't find this anywhere (Sephora doesn't sell it here :() I had to eventually buy this off the internet!!! Anyway long story short AMAZING Primer pain in the ass to find!!!

on 6/24/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I start to shine within an hour of putting on make-up, regardless of what type of products I have on my skin. At the end of the day, a lot of my make-up has melted off of my skin, but amazingly, my eyeshadow still stays put -- vibrant and just like it was just put on! And this is all thanks to UDPP! It really is the greatest product I have ever used, because it does all that it claims it can do! My shadow never comes off or crease! Will definitely buy again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials