Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best primer I've ever tried. It goes on smooth, helps my shadows last longer, no creasing worries, and extremely easy to blend. A little dab will do. No need to reinforce this primer, either. This primer is highly recommended!
The packaging doesn't bother me as much as it did when I started using UDPP. It's possible that I got use to it. This would be my only gripe. Yet, it wouldn't prevent me from future purchases. It's just that good.

on 5/25/2009 9:15:00 PM

This product lives up to the hype. Works with powder or cream shadows and totally eliminates any creasing no matter how long you wear it. Keeps eye shadow looking freshly applied and never dries out the eyelid area. Be careful when twisting the packaging closed. I twisted closed my first tube too tightly and cracked the screw top area and of course the product dried out way before it’s time. I’ve since repurchased numerous times and never had another packaging issue. Outstanding product – highly recommend.

on 5/25/2009 8:10:00 PM

I love this primer!! I've tried other bases and some creams that dry quickly, but this is the first item I've used that stops creasing.
I've worn UDPP under various eye shadows for up to, and sometimes a little over, 12 hours straight with no problems. Sweat and slept in my e/s with no creasing or even fading -not even once. My e/s continues to look as vibrant and sharp as when I applied it, for the rest of the day and well into the night.
-I also have very oily lids, but once this stuff is on and dry, my lids are dry and matte all day.

Doesn't take much, just a little smear across your lid and blend it in all over lid, as well as, under eye -wherever you wear your e/s. Let it dry and then start applying your e/s. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds, a minute at the most.
-Should be a thick cream, not watery at all. Again, doesn't take much at all. Too much and your e/s may crease.

The container sucks but you can cut the container in half long-wise to get to the rest of the product once the applicator can't pick anymore up.
-Looks good, but really bad design.

The only issue I have with this product, aside from the packaging, is once it's dried and has a matte look and texture...sometimes it's a little hard to perfectly blend pressed shadows.The color sticks a little 'too' well. But that could just be something I need to learn to work with.

Despite the expensive pricing of nearly $20 per bottle, I will definitely be re-purchasing once I run out. But I hope to get the extra-large bottle. This stuff lasts me such a long time, anyway.

While I'm curious about trying out some different e/s primers, I feel no need/desire to switch to something else. This does wonders for me and I'm wanting to share it with a friend and my sister.:)

Where has this stuff been all my life!!? ;D

on 5/25/2009 4:11:00 PM

This primer is amazing. Colour really does stick to it and it wont budge until you remove it. You only need a small amount so for the price it isnt bad. I'm not sure if this irritates my eyes or not as i sometimes get itchy sore eyes when i wear it, tho i get itchy sore eyes every now and then anyway so it may be just a coincidence.
The bad points are the packaging! You may think that you dont have any product left, but if you cut it open you will find LOTS of product left in the curves. This really needs to be addressed as you will be amazed at how much product gets wasted. If it was put in a tube or pot then this would be faultless.

on 5/24/2009 11:42:00 PM

THIS IS JUST AMAZING!! IT NEVER CREASES!!! AWESOME PRIMER.

on 5/24/2009 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this product! :) It works wonderfully and I would definitely recommend it!

I bought this product after reading a lot of reviews online. The price is expensive but I felt that the results you get from this product is really good. I have oily lids and this has managed to keep my eyeshadows and liner in check with little to no creasing after a long shift at work and when I'm out and about and it makes my eyeshadows look more vibrant. I find that the packaging of the product is poor and you get a lot of product left over (even though you think you're out of it!) in the bottle and it's kindof hard to get it out. I would buy this again but I hope to find something cheaper with more product that is hopefully as effective as this.

on 5/22/2009 2:20:00 AM

First off, let me just say, I love love lovee this product. I got it almost a year ago, and I've been using Udpp ever since. Before I decided to get this, I had been hearing good and semi good reviews about it, but then also heard about how the bottle is shaped weird and a lot of the Udpp gets stuck inside the bottles at the awkward parts and the bottom. I finally came across a "de potting" video for Udpp and decided that I fully wanted to try this product out. Before I used Udpp I was using MAC's paint in bare, which with my eyeshadow always left a crease. This product leaves no crease, I was worried due to Udpp being creamy but it blends like powder without making your eyelid overly dry. I have very oily lids, so I at least need semi dry in a base, again, this product has done the job. No crease, no overly dry sensitive feel, plus it in my mind it makes the colors of my eyeshadow stand out more. ALSO- very easy to depot, I highly suggest someone looking up the video as soon as they by Udpp, you will get a ton and yes, even though you have to ruin the pretty packaging, you get a ton more out of it :)

on 5/20/2009 3:39:00 PM

Loveee this product!!! My eye make up lasts long hours..and it doesn't crease. Plus it makes the cheapest eyeshadow look like it's a MAC or Urban Decay. I definitely recommend this product, but Urban Decay should definitely change their packaging. A lot of product goes to "waste" because of their horrible packaging [even though the packaging is cute].

on 5/20/2009 3:01:00 PM

I should begin by saying, I have super super SUPER oily eyelids....and this is the onlyyyy thing that has kept my eyeshadow intense and crease-free for 12+hours. Ive tried MAC paint pots, paints (which are good but hold up better with UDPP), Too Faced Shadow Insurance and this was my last try on a primer. Being a girl who loves to wear all different kinds of eyeshadows everyday, staying power is a must, especially if ur a student but dish out on MAC and other high end brands. I bought this off of boots.com and was sooooo happy when I realised I had found my saviour! This is a must for any1 with oily lids. BTW i like to put concealer on my eyes (MAC Studio Finish NW30), powder (MAC MSF Medium) and then the UDPP and find this combo works best...for me at least. The only thing is ive heard lots of stories about this drying up soon and you not getting maximum product due to shape of tube, however my tube is still fairly new so i cannot comment on that. Would definatley repurchase tho! :-)

Video Reviews & Tutorials