July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by akimakeiya

I really love this! I had heard so much about I just had to try it, and I'm quite glad I did! I went all day without my eye makeup creasing, smudging, or sweating off. Quite impressed. Pricey, but worth the cash. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, don't pelt me with stones just yet!
I read a few comments, which made me feel normal after i decided i was a freak of nature for not LOVING this product!
I think the key here is, it just isn't as great if you have dry skin. I never though my eyelids were dry (eww, much?) but i just can't get this to work for me, and oh lordy i TRIED so hard. I sawed it open and everything!
Basically, no matter how careful and evenly i apply it, my eye shadow skips across certain patches, and tugs on my eyes really bad!
I mean, my eyes HURT from trending to blend eyeshadow with UDPP as a base
I'm sticking to painterly paintpot. my godsend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

After figuring out what UDPP meant :), and reading all about it, I finally bought a tube. I have never used eye primer, and always felt that if a shadow creased it was crap. Some of my favourite colours do crease though and maybe don't last as well as they should, and let me tell you, this stuff WORKS! Glides on, blends totally effortlessly and disappears. Eye shadow sticks to it and doesn't budge. Wonderful stuff, worth every penny. I have yet to try it with my very creasy MAC Oil SLick, and if it works with that I will declare it a miracle product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mrsdimsum817

The number one reason why I was hesitant of purchasing this was because I think that it is pricey. And if I were to buy it without asking my husband, I'd feel too guilty to splurge on something like this for myself. After many many times of being at the ULTA store and picking up the Primer and then setting it down, I've finally gathered my nerves to order the Primer online from the Urban Decay website (luckily husband didn't have a cow. Lol). I must rave that this is money well spent because the Primer Potion is absolutely amazing and I must say well worth your money. The product itself has a smooth consistency and is very light and absolutely not cakey. It keeps my eye shadow on all day. No creases... nothing. Your eye shadow stays on and keeps the smooth, flawless look all day long. I have pretty oily skin and so this product amazed me at how the way it works! Must give it a try if you haven't yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by evelin805

I love Urban Decay primer potion it's the best eyeshadow base that ive ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It even makes the cheapest eyeshadows stay on beautifully. I hear the packaging is wrong but the product for me is great. Will buy again when I am finished with this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reccommended this at a house party & for some reason decided to take the advice of a drunk girl I met.
And how glad I am that I did!
I got the bumper size version alongside with two eyeshadows :)
My eyeliner always slid off and this stuff keeps it on :)
It keeps eyeshadow & eyeliner on when I do apple bobbing.
Just a brilliant buy, lasts forever too ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MCalixto2390

I have oily eyelids and I rarely bothered applying much eyeshadow. Only neutral colors to avoid that line in the eye-crease >_< I tried the UDPP in Sephora and noticed that it went on creamy but when rubbed in, it makes your eyelid feel powdery and dry. I didn't mind at all. I tried the asphyxia shadow and OMG, I loved how it looked. The lady there helped me fix my make-up. (My eyeliner was rubbing off already!) She used various but inexpensive products on my face and I loved how it looked. Mind you, this was a few years ago during the summer, so my fave gets OILY in heat. My make-up stayed in place the entire day and the next day, I went back to Sephora and purchased everything she had shown me. If that lady (she doesn't work there anymore, so I never caught her name) wasn't there that day, who knows!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jessieheartsmakeup

This is a really great primer and I always use it whenever I want my shadows to last a long time and it really helps a lot. It helps my shadows go on well and I can definately see them lasting a much longer time. Personally I do not really have a problem with the packaging but it is annoying to get everything out of but I have a method in which I de-pot it to get the most out of it.
I would probably repurchase but i would like to try the too faced shadow insurance

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a year, thinking it was the best stuff on earth. Then, upon further inspection, I realized it was making my high end base shadows appear chalky and uneven. Despite carefully dabbing the "potion" all over my lids, when I'd swipe on my shadows, sometimes it would gap near the outer corners of my eyes. Not all that attractive. To it's credit, it does prevent creasing and it makes my eye makeup last all day. However, it has some major points taken off for its awful, gimmicky packaging. The wand is really unhelpful, and I am not about to destruct the case in order to get my money's worth. If I paid for it, I should be able to get to it, without sawing it apart. My eyelids aren't dry, but they aren't oil slicks, either. The formula would most likely benefit someone with really oily lids, as I think the "chalky" factor is due in part to it being on the drying side. I just bought Too Faced's Shadow Insurance, and I am loving it so far. Silkier texture, perfect packaging, and it keeps even my cream eyeshadows from creasing, which is impressive. I would suggest testing them both out first to see which primer would be more appropriate for you.