Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/28/2009 1:45:00 PM

Overall, this is a great product. I know it's been helpful to a lot of people, including me. I don't like the packaging but I'd buy it again. I love that there's no color to this. Even if I just want to wear a pretty eyeliner w/o shadow, I dab a bit of PP on the lashline first then apply e/l, helps it to last and last!

on 6/27/2009 8:21:00 AM

loooove the product, no creasing after 10 hours, and the eyeshadow stays there. it made it slightly more vibrant. but damn! do i hate the packaging! i recently got a new primer potion, and the wand has changed, but ughhh, whenever i closed the bottle, the product gushed out of the tube. urban decay really needs to make better packaging.

on 6/27/2009 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Better stuff ever. Period. I tried this as a last-ditch-effort because I was so discouraged from my shadow creasing so badly that I was almost read to just completely stop wearing eyeshadow but I happened to subscribe to a makeup forum over a year ago and I posted a thread about the problem that I had with creasing and the response was unanimous - UDPP. I went out and got it right away and boy, am I glad I did. I also heard about TFSI so I went to Sephora and the girl there gave me a very generous sample months ago and I still don't have to buy any. UDPP and TFSI seem like they are the same but they're not. TFSI is good, but at the end of the day I do have creasing, though barely noticable but to me. Not the case with UDPP. Totally my HG. The packaging stinks though, I'll be glad when they fix that.

on 6/26/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best primer I have ever encountered. I can finally wear eyeliner all around my eye and not have it smudge all day. I don't even have to use a lot and it still has staying power. My only complaint is the packaging. It's stupid. Smart for the company but bad for the consumer. So yes, I will continue purchasing this product, just like I will be cutting each genie bottle open to finish the product.

on 6/25/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was my 1st primer purchase and I was delighted with the results. True to pan colour on even my drug store brands,and no creasing even after an 18 hour day. However, after only about 6 weeks of use I struggled to get the product out. Research on YT showed how much product was still left in the cute packaging when people depotted the product. I didn't get as far as cutting the darned tube open - I went out and bought Estee Lauder double wear base instead!! UDPP is a great product, but Urban Decay need to rethink the delivery.

on 6/25/2009 11:58:00 AM

I don't know how I lived without this before. Honestly worth the price. I find I get away with 3 or 4 light dabs of this stuff; in other words, try less before you decide to use more, and it will last longer. My tube has lasted 6 months so far with no end in sight. I have super oily eyelids and used to lose my shadow into ugly oily creases within a few hours. Now it stays til the end of the day. My only complaints are the price (but it is worth it), the packaging and it's difficult to use cream/wet eyeshadows. Still worth it imo.

on 6/24/2009 10:45:00 PM

I have super oily eyelids, I would apply eyeshadow and within the hour it would crease! I was lucky if I had any shadow left by the end of the day. My cousin had this and let me try it, I couldn't believe it my shadow lasted all day long!!!! I had to have this but being Canadian couldn't find this anywhere (Sephora doesn't sell it here :() I had to eventually buy this off the internet!!! Anyway long story short AMAZING Primer pain in the ass to find!!!

on 6/24/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I start to shine within an hour of putting on make-up, regardless of what type of products I have on my skin. At the end of the day, a lot of my make-up has melted off of my skin, but amazingly, my eyeshadow still stays put -- vibrant and just like it was just put on! And this is all thanks to UDPP! It really is the greatest product I have ever used, because it does all that it claims it can do! My shadow never comes off or crease! Will definitely buy again!

on 6/24/2009 1:33:00 PM

This is the BEST eysshadow primer ive ever used !
It realy make a difference. One tube lasted me over 7 mounths.
Great in hot weather too!

on 6/23/2009 11:06:00 PM

Primer Potion really does keep your shadow from creasing. But I can't use it. The first day, my eyelids felt tight and dry. The second day they started to burn and crack. I let them heal up and tried it again, in case it was something else that bothered me. Nope the same thing happened again. I have very oily eyelids, and every shadow, cheap to expensive, creases on my lids in no time. So I am quite sad that I can't use it. The other negative is the packaging. It's cute, but you can just tell that you're not going to get most of the product out of the tube. I have read many posts on message boards about people cutting the tube open and finding a ton of it left when it seems to be empty. So for me, this wasn't a good product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials