January 31, 2015 | 2071 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by elegantmusings

I finally caved and bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion after months of waffling, and continuing to use the last of my Mary Kay eye primer. I'm so glad I finally bought it! Yeah, the price is rather high, and the packaging isn't terribly fantastic (thank you YouTube for showing me how to get all of the UDPP out of that dratted bottle!), but it *works*. Seriously! I have combination skin, that still has episodes of breakouts and such, and I also live in an extremely warm and humid climate. UDPP has kept the eyeshadows I've worn from creasing and sliding off by late afternoon/evening (unlike the Mary Kay eye primer). Case in point: I was out from morning until almost midnight recently. The weather got really hot and humid (up in the mid 90s), and by the end of the day I expected most of my shadow to have melted off. But it hadn't! It didn't look as precise as it did right after I put it on, but I wouldn't have had to touch up if I was staying out longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ecoy143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+. I dont know how I ever survived without this. Love everything about it except the packaging. Many people have said that there is alot of product you can't reach with the wand, so depotting is recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chkristin01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEST eye primer ever! i love the consistency of the product and the fact that when i use it my eyeshadow lasts and lasts!

i HATE the packaging, however, recently i took the little stopper out which helped me get more product without cutting it open. i'm trying to hold off as long as possible on the cutting open bc i feel that will cause the product to dry up more quickly!

i tend to used a cream eyeshadow (i.e. mac paint pot or benefit creaseless cream shadow) over udpp as a second base, and i love that bc i find colors are a little difficult to blend if put directly on the udpp.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by joflo723

I don't have oily lids and don't usually have a problem with my shadow not staying. I mainly bought this because I wanted something to make my shadows more vibrant. This didn't really do that for me. I will say that this stuff DOES make shadows STICK. Used under shadow, you can rub your eyelid and the shadow will not come off (a little will, but you'll still have shadow on your lid).
But that fact is good on one hand, but not so good on another. The fact that the shadows stick to it so well makes it VERY difficult to blend colors evenly.
I probably will not purchase this again. I have found the best way to get vibrant colors is to use a *colored* cream base such as MAC paint pots or Coastal Scents gel eyeliners (yes, you can use these as a e/s base). These products will make shadows more vibrant, but still allow you to blend colors evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lizzdd

This is great stuff. It really keeps my eyeshadow on without creasing it. All day long. A definite buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by PetiteEtoile

For people experiencing problems with using UDPP and saying it still creases ~ try using a TINY amount. That is all. This stuff is good and does its purpose, my only gripe is the wasteful packaging, albeit it is cute and is shaped like a magic genie bottle. When I tried to depot it into a small tub, I found later on it dried up so horribly I couldn't get or dig my fingers into it, and had to chuck it away :(
The price is.. okay, bit pricey for me but it does work. I usually get mine on ebay but end up saving a few pounds, so there's no miracle way of getting it, unless you happen to catch a Buy one Get on free offer which you sometimes do at Christmas I think! :)
When it dries, it dries invisible and it feels slightly 'rubbery' to the touch. I usually pat on my eyeshadow softly instead of blending a lot as I don't really do blending techniques ~ I have tried several times and it does sometimes prove a little more work into blending..Overall it is a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerboo8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the product but gave it a low rating because of the stupid wastful packaging. I'm not spending $16 dollars on any product I have to take a steak knife and cut open to get the bulk of the product. I feel so cheated by this company because how many of these bottles did I go through before I finally saw someone cut it open and get about 80% more product out of? There are other primers out there that are just as good without the wasteful packaging! If you are not cutting your bottle open you are wasting A TON of product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is fantastic at keeping your shadow on, which also makes causes it to make them harder to blend. It can be drying on the lids when you first start wearing it, I found that stopped after a while.

I HATE the packaging. It's just stupid, you can't get all of the product out. Some people cut the tube with serrated knife, I'm not risking cutting myself for a few dollars of product. What I do do, though, is take out the stopper after I feel that the tip isn't pulling out much product. This doubles the life of the product. A tube lasts me almost a year with regular wear.

There are other primer out there that I really like, Like Lumene and ArtDeco, but I will continue to buy this from time to time, it's a great product, too bad the packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I've heard SO much about this primer and let me tell you this, IT IS SO WORTH IT. This is my first eyeshadow primer and I love love LOVE it. My eyeshadow would never stay on after an hour or so but with UDPP it stays on for about 6 hours with no creasing. Around 7 or 8 hours, there is some slight creasing but nothing too major! The eyeshadow colors appear much brighter and smoother. I'd love to try this with some drugstore eyeshadows to see the result and I bet they would last longer and appear brighter too. Since there's been a ton of reviews on this product, I'm not going to get into too many details but all I have to say is GET THIS.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, all I can say is that UDPP did not work on my very oily lids. I was very disappointed because it did not live up to all the hype and it was expensive at $16.00 for .34 fl oz. bottle. UDPP has a nice soft consistency but it creased my eye shadows within a hour or so. I have had longer lasting power from eyeshadows when I wasn't wearing a base than when I used UDPP.

I would not recommend this product if you have an oil slick on your eye lids as I do, so my hunt for eyeshadow base continues.