November 28, 2014 | 2034 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2002 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Burt's Bees Lip Balm Ingredients: Net Wt. .15 oz. (4.25g) Tube

Bees Wax, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Lanolin, Peppermint Oil, Comfrey Root Extract, Rosemary Extract

It relieved my dry lips without feeling greasy or waxy. I like that fact that it does not have petroleum in it or parabens. My mom uses this, too.

UPDATE: I have repurchase and now I have them stashed all over the place. I have probably 20-25 @ home, work, car, purses, drawers....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2002 8:45:00 AM More reviews by plumeriagirl

Great product, very addictive. You will love the way it makes your lips tingle! Comes in a tube or pot! Very moisturizing. I keep one in the car, my nightstand, and in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2002 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Katie14

I bought this mainly because I thought the tin was so cute and I liked the scent. I wasn't really expecting too much especially when it was so cheap. When I tried it, I loved it! It is a basic lip balm with a slight tingle that doesn't burn my lips like others I have tried. It moisturized and softened my lips. I'm glad I stumbled upon this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2002 9:09:00 PM More reviews by PinkFlamingo

Wonderful. I love this. The peppermint flavor is very energizing. It stays on my lips well. I like Smith's Rosebud slightly better because it makes my lips shinier, a plus in my opinion. But, other than that, I adore this balm! A holy grail! Dont buy the one in the cute tin, though, IT IS NOT THE SAME- it is like literal WAX. ick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by productwhore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As the other reviews noted about about this lip balm, I agree this is not a great product if you want a really moisturizing product. But I think it is the best thing I have ever used as a base before lip liner or lipstick. It really helps prevent feathering, and uneven application. You also have to be a big fan of cinnamint taste/tingle too. Try it out for this purpose, its cheap. If you hate it on your lips, keep it in your purse for a cuticle moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

I used to love this item after receiving it in a swap. I couldn't get enough of it and it was my bedside lip balm. now my lips have gotten very sensitive to it's tingling, and it actually burns them! Ouch!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 6:05:00 PM More reviews by huneebunch27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm!! When you put it on in tastes good and everything it feels good on your lips and then it starts tingling. It feels so good and it doesn't make my lips dry which is always a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2002 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lychilove

I liked the little tin a lot, so I bought this stuff. It feels good immediately after you put it on, but then it starts to burn a bit (I'm a fan of minty lip balms, but this was almost too much) and it dries up and leaves your lips somehow more uncomfortable than before you put the balm on. I kinda feel like I should be putting this on achey muscles instead. I'll stick with Carmex or Natural Ice for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2002 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tobywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So fresh and minty. I feel like it really softens and makes my lips fuller and less wrinkly. It doesn't do much for super chapped lips but for daily wear it's great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2002 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lipbalm is all right. Nothing special, though. Kind of like the minty, tingling feeling but it isn't as emollient as I like my lipbalms to be. Will finish the tube, but will not re-purchase.

Update: now that I have been using this every night for about a month, I am less happy with it. My lips are actually drier! Haven't changed anything else regarding my lips except the lip balm. Yuck - I am not even going to finish the tube now.