Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 2/9/2003 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Once upon a time I thought I liked this. Now I realize I don't. Well, it's okay I guess, but I found other lip treatments/moisturizers that work much better (Aura Science lip balm, Mary Kay). It is very minty, but sort of leaves a white 'mask' on my lips. I used to deal with it but found there were other products that worked much better that didn't do that.

on 2/9/2003 4:30:00 AM

This worked great for my dry lips, but I would have liked it more without the peppermint. They should make a vanilla flavored version of this.

on 2/8/2003 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what the hype is all about. This product is no better than a Chapstick with a lot of mint in it, which, I must say I like about it. But other than that, it does nothing more than protect your lips from getting dry or chapped. But if you already have dry lips, it won't hydrate or remedy them at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love Burt's Bees... I use it all the time, either alone or under lipstick / lipgloss (especially sticky glosses) and sometimes when I go to sleep. I even got my husband to start using it :) It has a light weight texture, and the peppermint oils leave my lips with a minty tingle. This is offered in both tube and pot form... I prefer the tube :) I love this balm :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I likedthe tingly mint feeling+ smell, but I recently found out that mint actually dries out your lips! Plus, the main ingredient in the balm is wax, which made my lips feel dry and nasty. The container is irritating too! It's one of those annoying tins that are like impossible to pull the container!

on 2/3/2003 1:20:00 AM

The pepperminty scent is alright with me, but will probably annoy people who don't like scented or tingly stuff on the lips. I didn't find the lipbalm moisturizing though. I MUCH prefer MMU's lipbalms that are moisturizing, glossy, and have fantastic flavors.

on 1/31/2003 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is another staple at our houses. The kids think it's neat!!! Never lasts long for some reason.

on 1/31/2003 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I know that this has a cult following of sorts but I just can't stand it. It is so minty that it makes my lips feel even more dry than they were to start with. It doesn't add any shine or even a subtle sheen. It's a bit pricey as well, in my local health food store it runs $2.40. It looks just like a tube of chapstick which works better and only costs 99 cents. Thumbs down from me.

on 1/31/2003 12:21:00 PM

I am addicted to Burt's Bee's lip balm I use year round, but it works so awesome in the winter. The peppermint smell not only feels deliciously tingly on my lips but the emollients deeply soften my lips and make them totally kissable. My fiancee thinks i have a breath mint in my mouth when he goes to kiss me, but its actually the lip balm. He loves how it smells and the feel of my lips after using Burt's lip balm. All i can say is its cheap and does the job very well.

on 1/29/2003 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite lip balm. I think it is far superior to even the much more costly Nuxe lip balms. The peppermint oils are especially soothing for dry lips. My only gripe is the tin pot that one version of the lip balm comes in. You can also buy the tube applicator version. I think it is unhygienic to apply by dipping fingers into the pot, and touching lips which may already have breaks and/or irritation. The price is unbeatable and the balm lasts for a very long time. I will certainly repurchase again and again!

Popular Lip Treatments