Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This keeps my eyeshadow in place all day with just a little amount! It really brightens eyeshadows as well. The only bad thing is the packaging, all though it does look pretty it makes getting the last bit out very hard!

This is fantastic, it works perfectly and I can't rave enough about it!

I have the UDPP in the XL version, purchased @ Ulta. This is a great base/primer. My eyelids are a little greasy so my eyeshadow will crease even with other primers. This primer is quite awesome, provides an great base to even out eye lid tone. Eyeshadow application is effortless & flawless as it really "sticks" & stays in place. Your eyeshadow will be rich & vibrant. If you haven't used this product, you don't know what you are missing! Definetly would re-purchase this, but that won't be for quite a while as a little of this product goes a long way, use of excess product will likely crease &/or possibly look cakey. Hope this helps!

This def does what it says it will do! No Creasing, awesome!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is basically the best eyeshadow primer out there. I've tried other ones and wanted to like them (esp. Mary Kay since it was so much cheaper), but I still get creasing issues with everything but this UDPP. Definitely HG and I didn't even know what I was missing until I tried it. I just ordered the XL size from beauty.com because my original bottle is running out.

EDIT: This is MONTHS after my original review, around 4 months, and I'm STILL using the FIRST bottle that I mentioned was running out.

First, I took needle nose pliers and took the clear plastic wand stopper out of the top so that the wand could move freely and scrape the sides. That lasted for another few months.

Then, when I couldn't get anymore out of the bottle, I cut the bottom off and scooped out all the primer that the wand couldn't reach even with the stopper pulled out. It's incredible how much product you would waste if you thought the stuff ran out when it first seems like it would! Same bottle will last me into next year, and I haven't needed to touch to XL Primer I bought at ALL yet.

I bumped the packaging down to a 1, because it deserves it, regardless of how great the stuff in the package is.

Well, I guess it works but for me, this is cakey. No, it isn't because I am using too much. It is because I use mineral makeup or else foundation and powder and then put on the primer. It mixes with the powder (this stuff dries out fast) and your eyelids go a bit cakey.

I always use a cream base under my makeup anyway for longevity and basically - to have something for the eyeshadow to adhere to. I prefer to use MAC paintpots (try painterly or for a hint of shimmer bare study) in lots of different colours, creme color base or MAC paints.

Personally, the MAC products are a thousand times better value and work better for me. The primer potion's bottle is also super annoying and a real waste of money. Why should I got to all the trouble of cutting up my bottle cos the design of the bottle is so stupid?

Nah, Urban Decay you have to work harder than that to get my $$$. Your 24/7 eyeliners are great though! hehehe

bought the XL large version and I believe it is one of the best primers out there... did my makeup in the morning, then at 12am at night my makeup was still on still looking amazing! it's a wonderful base and even helps enhance the color even more!! kinda pricey for a primer but well worth the money!! oh yea and packaging sucks!

i ordered this as soon as i saw raves n reviews abt this on youtube! guess what? its great! i usually has creases when i applied my e/s. but w this im so glad it doesnt crease my e/s anymore! also my e/s lasts! i apply it as my e/s base. great product :)

This is brilliant, full stop. Even cheap shadows go on more vibrant and last all day - I recently went to wedding which involved hot weather, drinking, crying at the speeches and dancing, and my eyeshadow just didn't budge an inch! The packaging is irritating but the product is so amazing it's worth every penny. A must buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For a while I've used Decrease by L'oreal and thought that did fine but when I bought the UDPP when Urban Decay was having a sale on their website, I forgot all about the Decrease. I bought the XL version bc it was a good deal with the discount and I'm glad I got it. It makes my drugstore e/s more vibrant and controls my oily lids. Like everyone else, I find the packaging cute, but not practical. I wish it would resemble more like their face primer packaging so that ppl can squeeze out the product instead of scoop it out. The only reason I can figure out why UD hasn't changed the style of the UDPP package is that they would have to discount the original ones that are already displayed and spend more money coming up with a new package design.

Video Reviews & Tutorials