October 30, 2014 | 1199 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

OMG! This stuff is freaking amazing!! and it's CHEAP too!! I can't believe how well this stuff works! I heard raves about this....but still had my doubts. The true test was when I had to be out ALL day and ALL night... I put this on at 6am and by 1am there was NO creasing! not even the slightest bit!! I am *impressed*... and it comes off easily too! I will be buying this forever!! Only thing I disagree with, is that it doesn't intensify your shadows on it's own... but who cares! I even used a CCB on top and there was still no creasing!! This stuff is AWESOME!!

*TIP* I removed all the product from the tube and transferred it into a small pot. The packaging is cute...but you end up wasting A LOT of product cuz it's hidden where the applicator can't reach. I think i wasted a good half of one cuz i thought it was "empty". You can take the clear top (plug) out and access the hidden product this way or you can take a knife (be careful!) and cut up the tube to reveal the remaining product. I STRONGLY recommend transferring it from the orginal tube to a small pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by brandyalexander

This works like a charm! My eyelids are beyond oily, so eye shadows and I don't really get along...until now! This primer potion keeps my eye shadow looking fresh and vibrant ALL day long. I apply the primer and then wait a minute, just to make sure it's completely dry, and then apply the shadow. The shadow goes on smooth and 8 hours later, it still looks great! The only downside iof this product is the packaging. I would prefer it to be in a squeezy tube as opposed to a hard tube with a wand. It's a cute bottle, but there's always wasted product in places the wand can't get to. Aside from that, this is wonderful and worth the $17 i paid for it. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Candystarr786

Initially I thought this was a good base and it evens out my eye lids perfectly. However, after about 6-7 uses, I have noticed that when I apply this, my eye area skin becomes dry. Also, when I apply eye cream and wait 10 minutes to apply this, it does not go on very smoothly and 'flakes' off near the edge of my eyes.
Without using eye cream I think this is a good product, it does have a very satin soft consistency and applies like a dream. But once we include eye cream in- it's a whole different story. For me anyway. Also, shadows don't rub off or crease either so it does work.
I won't buy this again- I'll probably try Too faced shadow insurance or something else similiar.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xjuteveux

This product works okay, it didn't work that great for me especially because its so expensive. I hate the packaging, the wand is super annoying and you can't tell when you're out of it. Personally, I like DHC's concentrated eye cream, especially because I get the cleansing oil from them and i can just get free samples and you only need the tiniest amount. Another alternative for an eye primer is MAC's Paint Peintures in color Bare Canvas, it works better than their actual eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by frenchy

With this primer, my eyeshadow lasts through a whole day at work, and tough gym workout session. Looks like I have just applied it by the time I come to take it off. Total HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by EvilQueen_

The product itself is amazing. It gives great staying power to any e/s, doesn't crease, and lasts all day. But my complaint is the same as everybody else's. I don't feel like I should have to go through the trouble of cutting the bottle open to get the product I paid good money for. Sure, it's cute. But is it functional or practical? No way. The first bottle I bought was the last. I'd rather use TFSI -- it's the same stuff and it's in a handy squeeze tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by saigon1093

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used this product a few times, but didn't find it worth the money. i would not buy it again. very overrated for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by elleokay

Love this stuff! So sad though that the packaging makes half the product inaccessable. My shadow will crease in about 10 minutes if I don't have a base on underneath, but lasts just about all day with UDPP on!!! Warning: your product will dry out really fast if you take out the stopper so you can access more product... cutting it open is the way to go apparently.

I will repurchase this... and need to shortly since mine is dried out right now!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tmab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a VERY good primer, however, I have dry lids so it make my eyes look wrinkley (sp?). If you have oily lids then this is def. for you!!! Since I don't, I prefer the TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by estle

I bought this product recently and tried it the very same day. It really does walk the talk. Lasted 13 hours on me (not testing how many days I can go on with it had to go to sleep). But eyeshadows did go on more vibrant, it did not fade nor crease on me at all.. Amazing product. Before I bought this product, it was between MAC or this. I'm glad I made a wise decision due to all the comments I've read on the MAC product.
The product is a small, straight tube inside. It's not the shape of the curvy bottle if u can't tell. I think the only CON is that I can't see how much I really do have left.