Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/12/2009 3:27:00 PM

I bought a mini trial size off of eBay to try out before shelling out $17.
I have oily lids, and my Elizabeth Arden primer lasts me about 4h without creasing.
UDPP lasted me 7 hours without any sign of creasing, so I'm very very happy.

on 6/12/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Such a perfect primer. It dries easily and is quick to apply with the help of the sponge-tip applicatior. The nude-colored base lets your eyeshadow show 100% of its color. It rarely creases and lasts day to night. My makeup tends to crease slightly after a night of clubbing, but not when I'm wearing this! I wish this came in a solid concentrated form because the awkward applicator prevents you from accessing the dregs of the product in the bottom of the bottle. Aside from that (hence the -1 lippy), this stuff rocks!

EDIT: TFSI is better IMO. I know this comes in a squeeze tube now though.

on 6/11/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG, I believe the hype! I was so excited to try this! I swapped for it and just.. CANT BELIEVE HOW GREAT UDPP IS! I put my ES on 11 hours ago and I still have NO creases or signs of lt fading. I am stunned. I need to stockpile it. I have a feeling this will be a HG for me! I'm in love. I can see how the bottle will be a pain when it starts running low but I can deal for now. Anyone who wants their shadows to POP should get this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great primer for the eye area. I have oily/combo skin, and this product makes shadows go on smoother and more vibrant and last longer. Not a lot is needed either, so the tube lasts a long time. Even longer when you cut it open. The "new" packaging with the bent brush...already bent the brush in my old bottle by myself and just cut it open. I have a full sample jar of product even after the brush stopped picking up product. I love what it does for my shadows but don't love the packaging. It will last a long time though, I'm only not even done with my first bottle and have had it for a year and a half.

Even Mac paints crease on me, but UDPP never has. This stuff is truly the best for applying under eye shadow and liner to prevent smudging and creasing. I hate having to do an extra "step" in my morning routine but it keeps my eye makeup intact for 10-12 hours (before this I'd maybe get 6 hours before everything melted away) and drastically reduces the need for touch ups. I haven't found a smudge-proof eyeliner or crease-proof shadow yet, so until I do I'll be applying this. I've heard raves for Too Faced Shadow Insurance also, so I might try that because I think a tube would be more convenient than the doe-foot applicator.

on 6/9/2009 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The first eye shadow primer I bought, and it has never failed me. No creases, streaking or anything. It just goes to work all day. I really wish the packaging were different because it finishes so fast and I'm convinced there must be some product left in there.

on 6/9/2009 1:07:00 AM

This is the first primer I have ever used. I wish I had found out about this sooner!

This primer really makes your eyeshadow stay all day long, but most impressively, I ALWAYS get raccoon eyes on my lower lash line, no matter what kind of smudge proof eyeliner I use. Using UDPP along the bottom lash line really helps and I'm no longer embarrassed when I look at my face late in the day. No raccoon eyes, woohoo!!

The product is a little pricey, but I think it's totally worth it.

on 6/8/2009 9:46:00 PM

this primer astounded me, it was the first one I'd ever used; but by the end of the day, your eye makeup looks like you just put it on! PLUS it makes eyeshadows brighter & better :)

MAKE SURE THOUGH******
make sure once you;re done the bottle to cut it open and depot what's inside! That tiny bottle has lasted me an entire YEAR because I scooped out what was left! DO IT youll be shocked at how much is still in there! (help? look up "depot udpp" on youtube)

on 6/8/2009 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great for keeping my eyeshadow in place all day. Last on hot days too.

on 6/7/2009 6:21:00 PM

I've had no creases whatsoever since buying this. I love it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials