December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by prettysunshine

first i didnt see a difference , intill i stop using it
it does help cheap eyeshadow like costal scents it stay longer and helps them stay on and not crease
the only negative is the packaging , hate hate the shape !!
(i would think they would of change it by now ),
you really have to cut the bottle to get the amount
at the bottom of bottle !!! other then that i love the product,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bbb101

i loved this product but didn't like the packaging. the packaging is cute and all but i'm dreading the day where i would need to cut up the entire thing just to get all of the product out of. i have tried different primers before and nothing is as good as UDPP. i have recently tried paint pots from mac hoping that they would do just as well as UDPP but i was wrong. UDPP is the best. it's nice UDPP goes on a smoothy and doesn't have any color to it so it can basically be used under every single eyeshadow color. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ashdolan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great! Does exactly what it's supposed to. My shadow lasts all day and does not crease. To be fair, this is the first and only primer I have ever used, and it's only been about a month of using it almost daily. Maybe there are other equally great products out there, but I can't imagine switching since this does the job so well. I'm happy to have discovered this product on this site!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this, dont love it. Like it, and it works well and does what its supposed to do. I forget to use it all the time though because you need to wait a little to let it dry which I find time consuming when Im in a hurry.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by laceylogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product; it does what it says it will, now they just need to work on the packaging! I like this product, but I also like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and for the same price I feel like I "get my money's worth" from the Too Faced! Hey, Urban Decay...get a new package for this product...it doesn't have to be pretty...just practical :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFixation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not as happy with this product as I wanted to be. It was nice at first, then after a week or two, it seemed to dry up a bit. I did like how much brighter the eyeshadow was with it, and it did keep my eyeshadow in place perfect for 8-9 hours. I just dont really like having to cut open my packages to get all the product out of it. The primer its slef..... not great, but ok. The packing..... sucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by oldgal43

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

thought this was great when I first used it but it was my first eye primer - lot's better on the market. Can't get it out of the container and it doesn't blend well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

Now to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this product:

This is 100% a "must have" staple for every makeup wearer.

I like this better than any other eyeshadow primer on the market in spite of the crappy shape of the bottle.

Even if I wear cream shadow I still use this under it to prevent creasing and extend the life of it on my eye.

I swipe a stipe across my lid using the doe foot applicator, and smooth it out with my finger. I let it dry for a while (usally as I apply my foundation/powder) and then proceed with my eye makeup.

This grasps the colour into place, but still allows for blending and perfecting.

I get very little fall out from powder shadows when I use UDPP, and the colours become move vibrant and true to the colour that they appear in the pan.

I know the packaging is a major pain in the neck but after a few months I took the stopper out and that extended the useage, and then I started to put it into a glass of hot water for a few minutes to loosen up the cream, roll it vertically in my hands to get it to fall to the bottom of the tube... and VOILA! Another few months of use! I haven't yet resorted to the cutting open bottle surgery but I guess I'll give that a shot when I buy my next tube... hopefully I'll be able to take out the stopper and put the excess from the first tube into the second. No fuss no muss:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how many ppl love this product. I tried and it and I really really tried to love it, but it just didn't work for me. I am going to guess it was more me than the product since there are so many rave reviews but it just didn't do anything for me and creased on me. I stick to Too Faced and MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
- does significantly prolong eyeshadow wearing power
- intensifies pigmentation
- intensifies any metallic sheen
- makes the natural fine lines on your skin look less pronounced
- creates a more refined, airbrushed finish than without it

Cons:
- the squiggly packaging

continued >>