Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/19/2009 12:34:00 AM

I will not go a day without using this, and if i do, i notice the difference. This is by far the best eyeshadow primer on the market. Say goodbye to eyeshadow creasing with this product. If i do not use this, my eyeshadow will crease within 1 hour, and when i do use it my eyeshadow lasts for about 12 hours uncreased. I am now on to my 4th tube of this wonder product and i would be lost without it. I get about twice as much out of a tube now i have learnt to take the stopper out of the neck once the product has reached the end and there is plenty more product hiding in there! One tube lasts me about a year that way. Seriously one of the best products on the market!

on 7/19/2009 12:10:00 AM

My friend gave me hers because she bought one that she liked better. I'd been interested to try it outside of just swatching it on my hand at Sephora. I normally wear Mac's Painterly Paint Pot as my lid primer, but on days when I'm not wearing browns, peaches, or golds and am wearing purple/pink combinations, this is my go to primer. It blends beautifully on the lid to create a slightly tacky base for either regular pan eyeshadows or loose shadows, and makes the shadows last all day without fail. The packaging could be done a little differently though, as the doe-foot applicator makes me wonder just how much product is being picked up, and how much is being left in the container. Once the applicator dries up, there won't be a way to squeeze anything out, and if there's product left at the bottom, there won't be a way to tell. I may repurchase, as it is a good product. It depends on how long this one lasts.

on 7/19/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this after hearing about it and reading the millions of reviews on it, and they didn't lie! My eyeshadow lasted the WHOLE day, literally. From work in the morning, to a stroll in the sun in the afternoon and well past the dancing in the evening, my eyeshadow stayed put, and looked the same as when applied.

My eyelids aren't too oily, so that might have played a role in it not fading or creasing. But this product really does what it's said to do, GET IT!!

on 7/18/2009 1:14:00 PM

i really like this primer, i like how the color of it will not change the color of the shadow. it goes on smooth and it a little goes a long way. this primer even make my cheap shadows look great and last all day.

on 7/17/2009 2:04:00 AM

My eyeshadows are extremely long lasting with this product as the base. In fact, it's been over 12 hours since I applied my make-up this morning and my eyes still look great!

I was surprised by how light this applies - I was expecting a heavier/thicker cream to come out - more like concealer. It really doesn't weigh down your look and brightens up the colors so they are truer.

on 7/15/2009 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: HG product for making my eyeshadow last longer and appear truer to what is in the pot/wand. I tried TFSI but didn't like how watery it was when squeezed out of the tube (no matter how hard I shook it up before applying), so I switched back to UDPP. Applies very light beige and dries clear.
Where did I buy this: Sephora.
Price: Around $15 to $17.
Packaging: Weird. Cute I-Dream-of-Jeannie bottle, but the shape prevents me from getting all of the product out at the bottom of the tube. SUpposedly, UD has addressed the problem by making the applicator have a slanted tip, but I have yet to try this new development.
Would I buy again: Yes. continued >>

on 7/14/2009 8:45:00 PM

I am liking this stuff A LOT! I usually just used a cream shadow as a base, and it worked fine because my eyelids aren't too oily, but this stuff just gives it an extra boost and makes your eyes look aaa-mazing for hours and hours. It also gives your shadows an extra pop! lovee this stuff. <3

on 7/13/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off, I love UDPP and what it does for my eyeshadow and liner. I use it all around my eye, not just on the lid. It really helps keep any inner corner shadow, under eye liner/shadow, etc. in place the entire day. I cannot comment as to creasing or anything of that nature. My eyelids don't get oily at all, so I've never had shadow crease on me. It does, however, really make the color vibrant and stick.

As I'm sure you know, the packaging is a little bit of a nightmare. I've known for a little bit now that I should work on cracking the thing open, but only just today did so. And until I did that, I had been planning on buying Too Faced Shadow Insurance this Saturday!

First, I tried it Girlfit's way. Indeed, taking out the stopper does help make the product more accessible. It's still impossible to get it all out, however. I know, I tried for a good fifteen minutes. After that, I got crafty!

I found that if you put pressure on the bottom of the packaging, the seal there is very weak and will open up. I would suggest doing this on a clean linoleum or tile floor. Then you can scoop out all the product stuck in the bottom. If you fear you haven't gotten it all in the top from taking out the stopper, then use a serrated knife and cut the bottle open at the widest part. Place the bottle on a towel and hold it with your free hand (and cover that hand with towel!)

So, in the end, I only had to make one incision and it didn't take me very long at all.

What was left in the bottle? I want to say at least half of the entire product was still remaining. I was able to fill up a 5 gram jar and then some with the product I pulled out of the bottle. I dare say that this will last me at least two more months, if not more.

on 7/13/2009 6:33:00 AM

Not enthused with this product. Even though I have naturally oily eyelids, this product was so drying it was flaky and chalky. I wouldn't torture anyone by layering product after product to try and keep this one creamy, either. ONE base should be good enough to work with.

LOVE THIS!!!! Really makes the eyeshadow colors pop and stand out. Makes my eye make up stay on through a long night of clubbing and sweating, doesn't even crease a little bit! Yet it's still easy to remove makeup when needed (i use neutrogena wipes).

Video Reviews & Tutorials