Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/1/2009 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have to confess I haven't tried any other eye primers, however I am please with the way it works, and I love the way it feels.
Packaging is annoying, of course, and I'm almost to the point where I'll have to cut it open and scrape it out, which I am not looking forward to , but will do b/c I love it!!

on 6/30/2009 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff is amazing! I'm new to makeup, so applying eyeshadow was just so frustrating to me (to the point that I was losing interest in makeup), the colors would not come out the way i wanted and they wouldn't blend easily. This product has changed everything. The colors look so vibrant and now it is so easy to blend colors. I highly recommend this product. Some people might find it expensive, but believe me its worth it. Just try it and you'll be amazed.

on 6/30/2009 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do enjoy this product, it works wonderfully and prevents my cheap makeup from creasing. I don't have oily lids, so creasing was never a problem with my better quality makeup, but the potion made the colors so much more vibrant. I do agree that the packaging sucks, and a lot of people cut it open. There's also another de-potting tutorial on youtube that is microwaving the UDPP, it doesn't ruin it and it works so much better then sawing the dang thing in half. Regardless, depotting isn't fun, and I will be getting myself TFSI after I run out.

on 6/29/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

yes, the absolute worse package ever so i did break it the moment i get low and scrap the inside and put it in a small glass jar (plastic dries it). if u're deciding between this and the too faced shadow insurance (i have both) get this. the other is greasier and this last a little bit better. don't believe me? do a quick test urself at sephora or ulta, but both on ur hand then apply black eyeliner to each and let dry for a second. i took a web swab and wiped across both and the too faced smeared more. the primer potion stayed put, altho both are excellent if u just wipe w/ a dry finger tho so they are indeed very very close.

on 6/29/2009 6:26:00 PM

I love this, it works great and with any color or texture of eyeshade. I've used it with glittery shadows, powders, pressed shadows, anything it works great!

on 6/29/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff. It works great for me even with my oily skin. I'm not sure if I'm very fond of the new slanted applicator tip but I would most certainly buy this product again =)

on 6/29/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My lids are extremely oily and even in winter any eye makeup (even waterproof) will slide right into my creases. This is the only thing I've found that keeps my eye makeup in place until I decide to remove it. I have been using this for a couple of years and still haven't found anything better. I also use a bit under my bottom lash line to hold my liner in place and keep my mascara from getting raccoon-y down there.

on 6/28/2009 1:45:00 PM

Overall, this is a great product. I know it's been helpful to a lot of people, including me. I don't like the packaging but I'd buy it again. I love that there's no color to this. Even if I just want to wear a pretty eyeliner w/o shadow, I dab a bit of PP on the lashline first then apply e/l, helps it to last and last!

on 6/27/2009 8:21:00 AM

loooove the product, no creasing after 10 hours, and the eyeshadow stays there. it made it slightly more vibrant. but damn! do i hate the packaging! i recently got a new primer potion, and the wand has changed, but ughhh, whenever i closed the bottle, the product gushed out of the tube. urban decay really needs to make better packaging.

on 6/27/2009 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Better stuff ever. Period. I tried this as a last-ditch-effort because I was so discouraged from my shadow creasing so badly that I was almost read to just completely stop wearing eyeshadow but I happened to subscribe to a makeup forum over a year ago and I posted a thread about the problem that I had with creasing and the response was unanimous - UDPP. I went out and got it right away and boy, am I glad I did. I also heard about TFSI so I went to Sephora and the girl there gave me a very generous sample months ago and I still don't have to buy any. UDPP and TFSI seem like they are the same but they're not. TFSI is good, but at the end of the day I do have creasing, though barely noticable but to me. Not the case with UDPP. Totally my HG. The packaging stinks though, I'll be glad when they fix that.

Video Reviews & Tutorials