December 21, 2014 | 1255 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lavintagemaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dissapointed with this- very thick, so thick in fact that I basically had to smear it onto my lips... Scent was OK, packaging was same-old, same-old, but for the price- I could get a couple(or a few!) better drugstore lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Shelby39

I gave this lip balm a try when I couldn't get rid of the dry patches that kept peeling off my lips to heal. I had been using products that were petroleum or oil based. These did nothing to help my lips...only made them look like Iíd just eaten a greasy pork chop. The day I started using this lip balm, I noticed a difference immediately. Personally, I prefer a waxed based product to oil. I love the tingly, cooling feeling. The smell and taste is noticeable, but not overpowering. Someone wrote that it made their lips drier and acted like an exfoliating agent. I experienced this too in the beginning, but I also use Mary Kayís Lip Mask every few days to remove the dry, dead skin. Together, they are doing wonders for my lips. I put this on in the morning before a shower, reapply throughout the day and before bed. When I canít reapply, I notice my lips are still much softer, smoother and have a healthy pink color. I'll be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells nice, but it only feels good if my lips are not chapped. If they're chapped, this balm burns them all to hell. Yowie. I actually find Carmex to be less irritating than this. No balm that irritates your lips is a good balm, no matter how much you want to like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 10:21:00 PM More reviews by carissa1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YUCK! This lip balm stings my lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this lip balm-its nice and light but still keeps my lips moist. I love how its so tingly and minty--the little tin seems to last forever-I've only made a tiny dent in it! This is good one!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2003 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ruthfarm

I got this in the 'head-to-toe' starter kit. I like the minty taste but it doesn't moisturize at all and it feels like pure wax on my lips. I have to gloss other lip balm over it. Giving it a 2 rating for the minty taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by kna5581

It's ok. Smells good and does have that minty tingle. I could go either way on this one. The tin packaging can be a pain.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by natedac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a minty scent to it, and it works like any other lip balm has. Cute container, would make a nice gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by amber311_1

I read all the hype about this product so immediatly I ran out and bought it in the tube and the pot and I have to say im not all that impressed. It does smell good and feels nice on your lips but as far as moisturizing and helping with chapping it doesnt do a thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2002 6:10:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this product is pretty good, i gave it a 4/5. i love the way it makes your lips tingly and super moisturized without being goopy or nappy feeling. and upon rubbing your lips together with this on, as well as the great sensation, i swear it makes your lips bigger! lol...and for the cute packaging and the $2.50 price tag- who can resist?