September 23, 2014 | 2065 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

Ehh... The scent of this is a VERY strong peppermint smell that is so overpowering, if i eat something, that's all i taste, it is SO strong. Aside from that, its moisturizing properties aren't that great. it doesn't seem to moisturize at all... just... sits there. VERY waxy. I'll stick with my vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2002 4:13:00 PM More reviews by iclimbonrooftops

I live in this stuff. I put it on when I get up, I carry it around in my purse to reapply throughout the day, and I layer my lips with it at night before I go to bed. This lip balm tingles your lips and smells pleasantly of peppermints. I'd suggest if you don't like getting your hands messy (like me) to purchase the tube instead of the pot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in both the stick and the tin. Wanted to see what the hype was all about, and the packaging is so cute. I like the light minty scent (smells like Doublemint gum), and the way it feels: cool & tingly.
But it dries out my lips! I thought my lips were just dry already, so I kept using it for a week - but it peeled a layer of skin off my lips every day! (This is very addictive, because it makes you want to put even more on all the time.) I think it's the peppermint oil that's drying my lips out.
So it basically works like an exfoliator for me. I probably won't buy this again, though. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2002 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Burt's Bees Lip Balm Ingredients: Net Wt. .15 oz. (4.25g) Tube

Bees Wax, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Lanolin, Peppermint Oil, Comfrey Root Extract, Rosemary Extract

It relieved my dry lips without feeling greasy or waxy. I like that fact that it does not have petroleum in it or parabens. My mom uses this, too.

UPDATE: I have repurchase and now I have them stashed all over the place. I have probably 20-25 @ home, work, car, purses, drawers....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2002 8:45:00 AM More reviews by plumeriagirl

Great product, very addictive. You will love the way it makes your lips tingle! Comes in a tube or pot! Very moisturizing. I keep one in the car, my nightstand, and in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2002 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Katie14

I bought this mainly because I thought the tin was so cute and I liked the scent. I wasn't really expecting too much especially when it was so cheap. When I tried it, I loved it! It is a basic lip balm with a slight tingle that doesn't burn my lips like others I have tried. It moisturized and softened my lips. I'm glad I stumbled upon this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2002 9:09:00 PM More reviews by PinkFlamingo

Wonderful. I love this. The peppermint flavor is very energizing. It stays on my lips well. I like Smith's Rosebud slightly better because it makes my lips shinier, a plus in my opinion. But, other than that, I adore this balm! A holy grail! Dont buy the one in the cute tin, though, IT IS NOT THE SAME- it is like literal WAX. ick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2002 12:38:00 AM More reviews by productwhore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As the other reviews noted about about this lip balm, I agree this is not a great product if you want a really moisturizing product. But I think it is the best thing I have ever used as a base before lip liner or lipstick. It really helps prevent feathering, and uneven application. You also have to be a big fan of cinnamint taste/tingle too. Try it out for this purpose, its cheap. If you hate it on your lips, keep it in your purse for a cuticle moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

I used to love this item after receiving it in a swap. I couldn't get enough of it and it was my bedside lip balm. now my lips have gotten very sensitive to it's tingling, and it actually burns them! Ouch!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2002 6:05:00 PM More reviews by huneebunch27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm!! When you put it on in tastes good and everything it feels good on your lips and then it starts tingling. It feels so good and it doesn't make my lips dry which is always a plus.