Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've noticed that this is a lip balm that a lot of people feel very strongly about. Most seem to either love it or hate it. So of course, I had to try it. I paid $2.95 for mine, which seems a bit high for a lower-end chapstick, but I shouldn't complain since I got sucked into buying a $24 one once (Benetint Lip Balm, which I like, but which isn't worth that high price!). Anyway, I really love the minty tingle. It makes my lips feel cold. In high school, one of my favorite books was "My Antonia" by Willa Cather, and the grandfather in the book is described as having a "fresh, frosty smile." That's how this balm makes me feel. It's almost like I've been chewing a big wad of Doublemint gum. I like that this isn't glossy or tinted so I can wear other products over or under it without worrying about changing the color. It's just a good, basic balm that I will probably buy again -- at least until I start buying Chapstick again.

on 2/25/2003 3:41:00 PM

A friend of mine told me this was her holy grail of lip balms, and was shocked I didn't have it. What's the big deal? It's just like a plain Chapstick with peppermint oil to make your lips tingle. I don't hate it, but I won't repurchase either.

on 2/23/2003 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the mintiness in this (and so does my hubby) and it's in the cutest tiniest round tin that slips into your tiniest pursies. Thing is, I do have to reapply often - but I have very dry lips.
Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I felt this product was nothing more than minty fresh crap. This product contains too much wax, which only serves to coat the lips and not treat the underlying problem. I fell victim to its super minty aroma, but felt very let down by its effects. I stick to Carmex for a real lip indulgence and treatment. I would never buy this product again.

on 2/22/2003 4:22:00 PM

I love this! This is definitely my favorite lipbalm, ever. It has a great minty smell, and it's not shiny which makes it perfect for wearing under lipsticks or glosses. Definitely a staple.

on 2/21/2003 9:52:00 PM

I had an obsession with Burt's Bees lipbalm in college for a while and I turned a lot of my friends on to its minty goodness. Then I got bored and switched to Smith's Strawberry Salve (among other things.) Now I'm back (sort of)- I randomly bought a tube a month ago and keep it my coat pocket. It's good for a pick me up, and I know I'll be using it more come summer b/c right now, my lips don't really need to feel any number.

on 2/20/2003 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this lipbalm. It moisturizes well, but I don't like the peppermint. It stings my lips and I'm not a huge fan of the scent anyways. My mom, on the otherhand, LOVES the mint, and its the whole reason she buys the product. The price is good too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This doesn't moisturize the way I want it to, and it leaves a whitish cast on my lips that changes the color of my lipstick slightly. I love the peppermint tingle though.

on 2/19/2003 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is a great, cheap refresing lipbalm that a girl can always reach for to moisturize and protect her lips. I love the fact that its cooling to the lips, which other people might not care for. I like this better than other lipbalms because its not greasy, which is how a I think a lipbalm should be: not greasy.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this felt good at first, but actually did nothing for my chapped lips, I had to reapply this all the time..I think it actually irritated my lips more. The Thymes lipbalm works much better for me, and good old Aquaphor.

Popular Lip Treatments