Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/15/2009 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: HG product for making my eyeshadow last longer and appear truer to what is in the pot/wand. I tried TFSI but didn't like how watery it was when squeezed out of the tube (no matter how hard I shook it up before applying), so I switched back to UDPP. Applies very light beige and dries clear.
Where did I buy this: Sephora.
Price: Around $15 to $17.
Packaging: Weird. Cute I-Dream-of-Jeannie bottle, but the shape prevents me from getting all of the product out at the bottom of the tube. SUpposedly, UD has addressed the problem by making the applicator have a slanted tip, but I have yet to try this new development.
Would I buy again: Yes. continued >>

on 7/14/2009 8:45:00 PM

I am liking this stuff A LOT! I usually just used a cream shadow as a base, and it worked fine because my eyelids aren't too oily, but this stuff just gives it an extra boost and makes your eyes look aaa-mazing for hours and hours. It also gives your shadows an extra pop! lovee this stuff. <3

on 7/13/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off, I love UDPP and what it does for my eyeshadow and liner. I use it all around my eye, not just on the lid. It really helps keep any inner corner shadow, under eye liner/shadow, etc. in place the entire day. I cannot comment as to creasing or anything of that nature. My eyelids don't get oily at all, so I've never had shadow crease on me. It does, however, really make the color vibrant and stick.

As I'm sure you know, the packaging is a little bit of a nightmare. I've known for a little bit now that I should work on cracking the thing open, but only just today did so. And until I did that, I had been planning on buying Too Faced Shadow Insurance this Saturday!

First, I tried it Girlfit's way. Indeed, taking out the stopper does help make the product more accessible. It's still impossible to get it all out, however. I know, I tried for a good fifteen minutes. After that, I got crafty!

I found that if you put pressure on the bottom of the packaging, the seal there is very weak and will open up. I would suggest doing this on a clean linoleum or tile floor. Then you can scoop out all the product stuck in the bottom. If you fear you haven't gotten it all in the top from taking out the stopper, then use a serrated knife and cut the bottle open at the widest part. Place the bottle on a towel and hold it with your free hand (and cover that hand with towel!)

So, in the end, I only had to make one incision and it didn't take me very long at all.

What was left in the bottle? I want to say at least half of the entire product was still remaining. I was able to fill up a 5 gram jar and then some with the product I pulled out of the bottle. I dare say that this will last me at least two more months, if not more.

on 7/13/2009 6:33:00 AM

Not enthused with this product. Even though I have naturally oily eyelids, this product was so drying it was flaky and chalky. I wouldn't torture anyone by layering product after product to try and keep this one creamy, either. ONE base should be good enough to work with.

LOVE THIS!!!! Really makes the eyeshadow colors pop and stand out. Makes my eye make up stay on through a long night of clubbing and sweating, doesn't even crease a little bit! Yet it's still easy to remove makeup when needed (i use neutrogena wipes).

on 7/12/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product just the packaging sucks (it's guite nice to look at but not very god when you tying to get the product out). I have oily eyelids and eyeshadow or pencil just disappears from them about an hour after i had put it on. But with this primer it is another story. Eyeshadow and pencil now stays on my eyelids for about 8 hours so i will definately buy this again and i recommend it to anyone with oily eyelids.

on 7/12/2009 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First off, the packaging for this is awful! So hard to get the product out! That being said, I really doubted this product at first. I used it once, felt like it did nothing but a few weeks later decided to try it again when going out with my bf. I used it with Nars cream shadow, which usually creases on me, but I checked myself in the mirror at the end of the night (about 5 hrs later) and was amazed! The Nars looked perfect! No creasing, no fading! I used the primer potion again the next night, this time with BeneFit Big Beautiful Eyes and again, wow with the staying power! I'm a convert!

on 7/12/2009 3:09:00 AM

LOVE IT! It's the best eye primer, especially after trying Nars, Bare Escentuals, Revlon, Neutrogena, etc.,. Love it, lasts a loooong time and DOESNT smear my shadows or pencil liner. The casing for the product kind of sucks because it's hour-glass/genie figure doesn't allow for a lot to come out. MY friend actually sawed hers in half and took out twice as much and put it in an empty pot!

on 7/11/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

by far the best product i have ever used !! I have very oily eyelids and have been looking for something that does what it claims but nothing worked as perfectly as this one . I have used them all, and this one keeps the eyeshadow right were you put it - all day !

on 7/11/2009 6:58:00 PM

Primer potion has solved the problem of my eye makeup creasing on my top lids and liner running under my eyes. I also don't have to do any touch ups to my makeup all day. Primer potion also makes eyeshadows more vivid. Enkore on youtube has a demo video of this. I like that it is matte and dries colorless. I tested Sin, the colored version, and it was visible for hours and hours. So, I'm assuming this has similar staying power. The price isn't bad at $17, especially because so little product is required per use. The packaging looks cheap, which made it hard for me to take the product claims seriously until I read all the glowing reviews. I hope they fixed the problems with being able to get all the product out. I think the new bent wand tip was designed to solve the problem.

Video Reviews & Tutorials