Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This product is amazing - I never used to war eyeshadow because it would disappear within a few hours. When I use UDPP, the colors show up better, never crease, and stay put until I want them them to come off. However, the packaging is atrociously inconvenient and wasteful, so when my tube is empty, I'll be switching to Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

on 6/21/2009 3:36:00 PM

I have a serious problem. I adore insanely bright eye makeup, but I work in a place where the manager apparently hates air conditioning. By the end of the night, the only eyeshadow left is around my eyelashes and anything else is rubbed off or creasing majorly. Also, whenever I wear pencil eyeliner, i get huge smudges under my eyes. So I picked up some UDPP because I'd heard great things about it!

Let me tell you, I am IMPRESSED! Yesterday I put it on in the morning before applying gold and orange eyeshadow with black cat eyes in liquid liner. I didn't reapply my makeup all day, and then at night I went out to a bar for a friend's band's show. 4 and a half hours of headbanging, dancing, and a hot sweaty atmosphere later, I'm on the train home and looking at my reflection in the window. Looked pretty good, but windows aren't exactly the best of mirrors. So I get home, completely exhausted and look in the mirror.... My makeup is perfect. Looks exactly the same as it did when I left! My hair was limp, and bangs greasy, but my eyes weren't oily at all. I was shocked.

So seriously, try this stuff out. It's relatively inexpensive, especially if you're used to shopping for makeup at places like Sephora and Mac, and it works like a hot damn. I've heard that some people have had allergic reactions to it, so read the ingredients. I didn't have a problem myself, and I'm pretty much allergic to everything so I figure that's a good sign.

The one downside of this product is the packaging of course. Though, look up on youtube "Depotting UDPP" and you'll get MUCH more out of this product :)

on 6/21/2009 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was skeptical to try this since I have been using Too Faced Shadow Insurance for awhile, but it works even better for me! If I forget to wash my eye makeup off at night, I still have a little bit on in the morning! I have to pretty much scrub this stuff off at night! I work 8-10 hr shifts in a somewhat air conditioned office inside a hot warehouse in ALABAMA (heat index was 110 the other day with humidity), so for my eyeshadows and eyeliner to stay on is a miracle!!!! I even go to the gym after work and my stuff still stays on. I haven't tested the Shadow Insurance in this kind of heat in Alabama, but I doubt it would still stay on. I never had to scrub my makeup off when I used it lol I don't like the wand, I would rather have it come in a tube, because I still have to blend with my fingers.

on 6/20/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is an alright primer for your eyes, but the packaging is soo bad! i feel like its a complete waste, when you feel like your done with the product. i find the UDPP creases for me when i use a few different eye shadows brands...i would but this product again if the packaging was wayy different.

on 6/20/2009 2:08:00 AM

have oily lids and nothing has ever worked for me completely- wore all day under MAC e/s and had not one crease-this product is amazing!!!!!!!!!1

on 6/19/2009 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This really is a good primer. I find it works better with only Urban Decay eyeshadows however. I didn't like how it reacted w/ my MAC e/s. I tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance & I feel like that is a much better product. It works better with a large variety of e/s. You also use less product, which means more money in your pocket! :)

on 6/19/2009 5:12:00 AM

BEST PRIMER IN THE WORD! Truly does leave you creaseless and continually pigmented throughout the day. Love it. And UDPPs now come with new wands so it no longer leaves the product left in the bottom crevices of the bottle untouched. Definitely would buy again.

on 6/19/2009 2:34:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this products & works just great on me. I got the sample size one from the eye shadow palette that I've purchased & then I just keep buying the full size one over & over again! It lasts for a long time for me as well!

on 6/18/2009 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm using this primer for a week now and it does work for me, no complaints!

on 6/18/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had high expectations for this product and thought it was just so-so. It's greasy and I wasn't expecting that. My eyeshadow didn't crease at all but it began wearing off like it does when I don't wear primer. I was hoping it would prevent that. For the money, I'm fine with just putting concealer on my eyelids to prevent the creasing. I don't think I need a separate eyelid primer since it creates the same effect.

Video Reviews & Tutorials