Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/8/2009 2:13:00 PM

I think EVERYBODY knows that this is simply the best stuff on the market. It really does what it says, and keeps my eyeshadow on ....for a very very very looong time! The only down fall is the packaging. I was ready to throw out my first bottle because i thought it ended but I decided to cut it open and see if there is any more left...THERE WAS A WHOLE FRICKIN LOT LEFT!! There was enough left to last me like...a half a year or a whole year! I don't know know what to do about the packaging...but since the product itself is amzing I am on my 2nd bottle and it's awesome. :::))) ♥

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, this is my first review of a product. I just never could get myself to write a review since most products I have tried never seemed so bad or so good. Until I tried UDPP...I had to try it based on all the rave reviews...and I'm really glad I did. Yesterday, I wore Lancome's eye shadow that creased on me within an hour of application, especially due to the hot weather. Today, I wore the same eye shadow with the UDPP and my shadow has been in place all day since the morning and no crease still! Can't believe it.

I wanted to love UDPP; I wanted it to be HG material, but alas, it falls just short of the finish line. While it does make my shadows more vivid and true to color, it tends to make my eye makeup crease more than it does without this product. It will also extend the longevity of my shadow, but again it tends to crease badly. I've tried using a variety of powders, creams, and pencils as shadow, but UDPP is definitely the creasing culprit on me. I do continue to use it on a semi-regular basis, as I like how it makes the colors more vivid, but I do not use it for a regular workday so I can avoid the awful creasing it seems to cause. Maybe it's just my oily eyelids, but TFSI seems to stop creasing much better than this product!

on 7/7/2009 5:42:00 PM

LOVE the Primer Potion! It goes on with a nice, matte finish and it holds my eyeshadow ALL day! I just wore it to an outdoor fest, I was roasting and sweating all day in the hot sun wearing fuscia showdow and black liner. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my eye makeup was still perfect!

The only thing that sucks is the shitty packaging. When I first bought mine, it fell in the sink and he base cracked and all the product oozed out. I was pissed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the horrible packaging, I love love love this eyeshadow primer! I have very oily lids and this is the only primer that makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. The cream is a light beige color that dries to a matte finish. This primer truly is a God-send for people with very oily eyelids, like me. Your eyeshadow will not crease with this primer, no matter what you throw at it. It makes your colors more vivid, and the lasting power is infinite. It even helps with the staying power of your eyeliners (cream, gel, pencil, liquid, etc...). Comes off easily with water, yet won't budge under sweat, tears, or even the horrible humidity of south Louisiana! Here's a tip if you find blending to be a problem with this primer: Set the primer with a translucent powder. This will not change how the shadow wears or looks, but will aid in blending. Now for the one downfall of this product... The main problem that I have with this product is the packaging. After a while of using the UDPP, you begin to think that you have run out of product. It's not so. Some people resort to cutting open the packaging, which I have done in the past, but I don't do that anymore. The problem that I ran into whenever I'd cut open the packaging is that there would be very little pieces of the packaging in the cream from cutting it open. I now take the plastic stopper out of the top and find that I get more product that way. This is the 5th bottle that I've purchased, so I'd say that it's safe to assume that I'd repurchase! This retails for around $17 at your local Sephora, Ulta, or on urbandecay.com.

on 7/6/2009 10:54:00 PM

Absolutely love this stuff! IDK how I wore eyeshadow without it!
Brightens up shadow & makes colors more vivid & pigmented.
Shadow lasts all day no creasing or fading.This is the 1st primer I have ever used but it's so good that I dont wanna try anything else! Def try it!

on 7/6/2009 7:24:00 PM

I must be the only woman on earth (or at least, one of the very few) who doesn't love this primer. Thank God it was only a sample. This primer dries SO quickly I found it nearly impossible to distribute it properly when I applied it. It also does NOTHING to smooth out any crepey-ness on the lids. Even though my shadow hasn't budged, I think I'll stick with my HG, Aquatique, for the time being. Not fussy about this product.

on 7/6/2009 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like using this, it's a must for me when I use pigments, it really does work and doesn't crease my shadow, my only pet peeve with this is the packaging, this is my second tube, it feels like it runs out pretty fast, but in reality it doesn't, more than half of the product is still in the container after you think it's all gone. You have to cut it open and put it in another container to finish using up the rest of the product and really who has time for all that? it's a good product but not worth all that work to get ALL the product out.

I just cannot make up my mind about this product. I decided to give it a go after countless guru's on youtube recomended it but even though i've had it a good 4 months, i still cannot for the life of me decide if it is worth the expense and the hype!
It does what it says on the tin; a good base for eyeshadow. But there is no extrat pa-zaz that makes it special and different than a MAC paintpot as a base. I feel Urban Decay, as do Benefit, have an amazing marketing team behind them who seem to make these products so very attractive until you begin to use them.
Am I being too fussy I think? Why am I expecting Primer Potion to do something other than what it's purpose is? Good for a beginner in make-up like I am but I don't think I will repurchase. Sorry Urban Decay!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK, this product lives up to all the hype it is getting. I absolutely love, LOVE it. I used it for the first time for a little girls birthday party. It was an extremely hot day and I was sweating. My make-up stayed in place with not even one crease. its the best. Everyone hates the the packaging but dont think its THAT bad ... whatever, do with what you get!

Video Reviews & Tutorials