Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

GODS GIFT TO WOMAN. I am an athlete and horse person, and I put my make up on this am at six am. Barrel raced and rode from nine am to four pm HARD in the 94 degree heat and still had pretty eyeshadow on my way home after washing two horse trailers and mucking stalls. LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I never wear eyeshadow, but my eyeliner usually gets into the creases of my eyes by the end of the day because they are oily. I bought this just for prom, and after 3 hours of waiting for prom and 4 hours of dancing, this stuff kept all my eye makeup in place. Nothing budged the entire time, even though it was incredibly hot and I was sweating like a pig.

on 6/14/2009 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

EDITTED:

I gave this product an unfair review after the first few times I used it, but have now completely changed my mind about it. I have allergies so my eyes tend to get watery/itchy occasionally so I'm thinking that was a part of the reason why the eyeliner was still smudging. I'm also using less product now and applying it on my lower lash line as well. I now experience very little smudging of eyeliner and of course the eyeshadow takes about 8 hours to begin creasing. Been using it for a month and I really like it, I can't see myself not using it now!

This is a really great primer and I would not go without it. It definitely makes my shadows last longer and prevents creasing. I've bought this product several times now and will continue to do so. I just purchased the new primer from Urban Decay "sin" which promises more shimmer so am excited to try it.

on 6/13/2009 5:15:00 PM

I finally purchased this product after listening to all the rave reviews and hype. I'll have to say that I'm slightly disappointed and that is most likely due to how much I hoped it would be this perfect magical product. I'm not saying that this is bad by any means, just don't expect perfection. My shadows apply more vividly and resist creasing but I feel that they fade a bit throughout the day, which is my only complaint about the product itself. Also, the interesting packaging will be a PITA when it starts to run low. They've tried to combat the packaging problem with making the wand applicator angled and I hope it helps. I would definetly buy this again.

on 6/12/2009 3:27:00 PM

I bought a mini trial size off of eBay to try out before shelling out $17.
I have oily lids, and my Elizabeth Arden primer lasts me about 4h without creasing.
UDPP lasted me 7 hours without any sign of creasing, so I'm very very happy.

on 6/12/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Such a perfect primer. It dries easily and is quick to apply with the help of the sponge-tip applicatior. The nude-colored base lets your eyeshadow show 100% of its color. It rarely creases and lasts day to night. My makeup tends to crease slightly after a night of clubbing, but not when I'm wearing this! I wish this came in a solid concentrated form because the awkward applicator prevents you from accessing the dregs of the product in the bottom of the bottle. Aside from that (hence the -1 lippy), this stuff rocks!

EDIT: TFSI is better IMO. I know this comes in a squeeze tube now though.

on 6/11/2009 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OMG, I believe the hype! I was so excited to try this! I swapped for it and just.. CANT BELIEVE HOW GREAT UDPP IS! I put my ES on 11 hours ago and I still have NO creases or signs of lt fading. I am stunned. I need to stockpile it. I have a feeling this will be a HG for me! I'm in love. I can see how the bottle will be a pain when it starts running low but I can deal for now. Anyone who wants their shadows to POP should get this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great primer for the eye area. I have oily/combo skin, and this product makes shadows go on smoother and more vibrant and last longer. Not a lot is needed either, so the tube lasts a long time. Even longer when you cut it open. The "new" packaging with the bent brush...already bent the brush in my old bottle by myself and just cut it open. I have a full sample jar of product even after the brush stopped picking up product. I love what it does for my shadows but don't love the packaging. It will last a long time though, I'm only not even done with my first bottle and have had it for a year and a half.

Even Mac paints crease on me, but UDPP never has. This stuff is truly the best for applying under eye shadow and liner to prevent smudging and creasing. I hate having to do an extra "step" in my morning routine but it keeps my eye makeup intact for 10-12 hours (before this I'd maybe get 6 hours before everything melted away) and drastically reduces the need for touch ups. I haven't found a smudge-proof eyeliner or crease-proof shadow yet, so until I do I'll be applying this. I've heard raves for Too Faced Shadow Insurance also, so I might try that because I think a tube would be more convenient than the doe-foot applicator.

Video Reviews & Tutorials