November 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFixation

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not as happy with this product as I wanted to be. It was nice at first, then after a week or two, it seemed to dry up a bit. I did like how much brighter the eyeshadow was with it, and it did keep my eyeshadow in place perfect for 8-9 hours. I just dont really like having to cut open my packages to get all the product out of it. The primer its slef..... not great, but ok. The packing..... sucks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by oldgal43

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

thought this was great when I first used it but it was my first eye primer - lot's better on the market. Can't get it out of the container and it doesn't blend well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

Now to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this product:

This is 100% a "must have" staple for every makeup wearer.

I like this better than any other eyeshadow primer on the market in spite of the crappy shape of the bottle.

Even if I wear cream shadow I still use this under it to prevent creasing and extend the life of it on my eye.

I swipe a stipe across my lid using the doe foot applicator, and smooth it out with my finger. I let it dry for a while (usally as I apply my foundation/powder) and then proceed with my eye makeup.

This grasps the colour into place, but still allows for blending and perfecting.

I get very little fall out from powder shadows when I use UDPP, and the colours become move vibrant and true to the colour that they appear in the pan.

I know the packaging is a major pain in the neck but after a few months I took the stopper out and that extended the useage, and then I started to put it into a glass of hot water for a few minutes to loosen up the cream, roll it vertically in my hands to get it to fall to the bottom of the tube... and VOILA! Another few months of use! I haven't yet resorted to the cutting open bottle surgery but I guess I'll give that a shot when I buy my next tube... hopefully I'll be able to take out the stopper and put the excess from the first tube into the second. No fuss no muss:)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how many ppl love this product. I tried and it and I really really tried to love it, but it just didn't work for me. I am going to guess it was more me than the product since there are so many rave reviews but it just didn't do anything for me and creased on me. I stick to Too Faced and MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
- does significantly prolong eyeshadow wearing power
- intensifies pigmentation
- intensifies any metallic sheen
- makes the natural fine lines on your skin look less pronounced
- creates a more refined, airbrushed finish than without it

Cons:
- the squiggly packaging

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I stopped in Sephora earlier today to purchase this.Unfortunately,I couldn't try this on.() I already had eye make~up on.I asked the woman working what she reccommended & it was this or *Too Faced.Hmm,I decided to buy UD ^^.I opened it @ home & swiped it on my hand.I honestly didn't like the consistency of the formula,it was too sheer for me,compared to L'oreal 's eye primer.Sorry UD,have to go back to my old primer~

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sherri963

I don't know what i was doing before i started using this! The product itself is great as it prevents creasing and is in a suitably neutral colour. It really does make SUCH a difference to my eye makeup. However, as everyone else has probably found, the packaging is useless but pretty. I know that i am going to have to cut the tube at some point to remove all the remaining product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jssugar

I love this product so much I want to write songs about it, that is if I was a song writer at all....Anyway, it works great, I can wear my makeup all day with no creasing at all! Even in the sweaty summer. I do have to use a makeup remover to get it off though, just washing, even with a one step cleanser doesn't cut it. It loses a lippy for the packaging which sucks, and the applicator that is useless. You use the applicator to dab a little on and then smear it around with your finger. The product itself is totally worth the extra effort.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I have been wearing makeup for several years, but knew nothing about eyeshadow bases, until I started getting deeper into makeup and online forums/videos. I decided to buy it and give it a try. I will not wear eyeshadow unless I have a base on now. UDPP is my favorite, but I do not use it often because I am trying to lessen my exposure to toxic chemicals (parabens, GMO's, etc.), so I use Bare Escentuals Prime Time Eyelid Primer more often. BE is not the best primer and it is far from natural, but it is less toxic. UDPP is so outstanding, that I cannot understand how anyone cannot love it, or choose something like Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It dries matte, gets rid of any grease/shine on your lids and lasts all day! It is a bit hard to blend the shadows on top at first, but you eventually find a way to work for you. I love that it grabs the color and holds onto it, rather than just preventing it from creasing. The container lasts forever, that is of course you cut it open and scrape the remains (search a clean way of doing so because I got some debris from cutting into it :^(.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by ses123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this product. makes it shadow stay on like no other. however, it is very hard to blend the shadow once it is ontop of the primer potion and whoever designed the bottle wasnt thinking because it is so hard to get out of the bottle once you have used a little bit of the product. overall, i like it, i just wish they would come out with the product in a pot form or something to than nature.