November 28, 2014 | 874 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Chevere

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip balm. I think it is far superior to even the much more costly Nuxe lip balms. The peppermint oils are especially soothing for dry lips. My only gripe is the tin pot that one version of the lip balm comes in. You can also buy the tube applicator version. I think it is unhygienic to apply by dipping fingers into the pot, and touching lips which may already have breaks and/or irritation. The price is unbeatable and the balm lasts for a very long time. I will certainly repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2003 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best lip balm that I have ever used. I much prefer the tube and I think I pay $2.50 for it, which isn't much more than the Blistex that did nothing for me. It does tingle a little bit. I have a low pain threshold so I'd be the first to complain if it burned. It's got a nice thick texture that coats your lips which it should do. It lasts a long time on and I've noticed that even without it my lips are healthier and softer looking. It makes them seem pinker too. This far outshines Smith's rosebud salve. If you're looking for a great non-goopy long-lasting lip balm that really works this is the one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2003 3:18:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the tube and the tin, and I prefer the tube since it's hard to get any product out of the tin. This is a very nice lipbalm, fairly well moisturizing. The peppermint (or whatever) does irritate my lips in the winter though. Overall, this is a good balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lolita_haze_hh

I love this lip balm. It has a nice minty smell, and goes on so smoothly on my lips. It is also very cheap. It is light enough to wear under lipliner, gloss or lipstick. Does wonders in keeping dryness and flakes away.A staple for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 3:29:00 AM More reviews by chubbyluvy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If i could only bring 1 thing with me onto a deserted island- well this is IT! This is THE best lip balm, and as a lip balm fiend who has tried them all, nothing can beat this one. Some say it's waxy, but that's what makes it so moisturizing and long lasting! No one else makes one that is as pepperminty and tingly on the lips. If you are into slippery, vaseline-type lip balms that last for all of 5 minutes on your lips before u have to re-apply- well this one is not for you. This one last for hours. Everyone i've introduced this too, is now addicted! And for a $1.99? how can u go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Jennycat

I love this! I found this to be very protecting and emoliating without being thick or waxy. Con: comes in a tin so you have to get your hands messy and risk introducing bacteria to the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by drocco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the minty tingle feeling when I apply this lip balm. But, like most lip balms, this does not HEAL my chapped lips. Just makes them temporarily feel better while the product is still on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lavintagemaven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dissapointed with this- very thick, so thick in fact that I basically had to smear it onto my lips... Scent was OK, packaging was same-old, same-old, but for the price- I could get a couple(or a few!) better drugstore lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Shelby39

I gave this lip balm a try when I couldn't get rid of the dry patches that kept peeling off my lips to heal. I had been using products that were petroleum or oil based. These did nothing to help my lips...only made them look like Iíd just eaten a greasy pork chop. The day I started using this lip balm, I noticed a difference immediately. Personally, I prefer a waxed based product to oil. I love the tingly, cooling feeling. The smell and taste is noticeable, but not overpowering. Someone wrote that it made their lips drier and acted like an exfoliating agent. I experienced this too in the beginning, but I also use Mary Kayís Lip Mask every few days to remove the dry, dead skin. Together, they are doing wonders for my lips. I put this on in the morning before a shower, reapply throughout the day and before bed. When I canít reapply, I notice my lips are still much softer, smoother and have a healthy pink color. I'll be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells nice, but it only feels good if my lips are not chapped. If they're chapped, this balm burns them all to hell. Yowie. I actually find Carmex to be less irritating than this. No balm that irritates your lips is a good balm, no matter how much you want to like it.