Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 3/5/2003 3:37:00 PM

I hated this stuff! I practically had to dig a knife into it to get it out of the container. The smell is nauseating and made me just want to deal with chapped lips. Will never purchase again!

on 3/5/2003 6:44:00 AM

A classic. Good packaging, scent, and price. It won't save your lips in severe winter weather, but I love it for everyday. PS: The trick to using the little tin is not to use your finger. Just swipe the tin over your lips and you get perfect coverage.

on 3/3/2003 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nice minty scent, but this product was too HARD. Hard to get out of the canister, and didn't feel moisturizing at all. Too thin and waxy. I bought it as an emergency on campus before a football game in the cold, and by the fouth quarter, I had probably applied it 5 or more times. On the plus side, the tin is very small and thin (I'm not so sure this is a plus, now that I think about it, given the small amount of product inside) so it will slip into your jeans pocket. Still, gimme my Rosebud Salve!

on 3/3/2003 1:42:00 PM

My second favorite LipBalm staple next to Blistex Lip Medex. Definitely soothes and heals sore and dry lips. I like the tube better for easier access. Great product, from a great company!

on 3/3/2003 9:22:00 AM

The natural mint scent is very good but it doesn't work as a lip balm. Way too waxy; no moisturizing effect.

on 3/2/2003 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this off drugstore.com merely because of its cute packaging(yellow metal tin with a cartoon bee printed on the lid). It took me only two trials to totally HATE it: It didn't make my lips feel any softer or more moisturizing, rather it made a yucky chewing gum scented fake plastic coat on my not-so-dry lips. I never experienced a dry-out like this from any lip balms I ever tried.

on 3/1/2003 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this while I was in Hawaii because I never saw it in any of the stores around me and I didn't want to pay $8 shipping for a tiny little lip balm. It's not that bad, it goes on smooth and moisturizes a little bit, but I hate the strong peppermint taste. It feels like I am rubbing toothpaste all over my lips and leaving it there - plus it's very cold. I am sticking to Nuxe lip balm which is softer and smells better. (But I am keeping the Burt's lip balm as a Hawaii souvenir, though.) :)

on 2/27/2003 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lip balm. The smell is wonderful (I love anything peppermint) and leaves lips feeling cool, yet moisturized. Wonderful product. YAY for Burt's Bees.

on 2/26/2003 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eh. This lipbalm is nice in that it's not goopy or anything like Vaseline. *But* it dries up my lips almost immediately! Would not recommend.

on 2/26/2003 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the smell and feel of this (love the minty tingle). Unfortunately, I am acne-prone even around my mouth, and this totally broke me out! It has coconut oil as one of the main ingredients, which is comedogenic, so none for me thanks.

Popular Lip Treatments