August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2003 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ruthfarm

I got this in the 'head-to-toe' starter kit. I like the minty taste but it doesn't moisturize at all and it feels like pure wax on my lips. I have to gloss other lip balm over it. Giving it a 2 rating for the minty taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by kna5581

It's ok. Smells good and does have that minty tingle. I could go either way on this one. The tin packaging can be a pain.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by natedac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a minty scent to it, and it works like any other lip balm has. Cute container, would make a nice gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by amber311_1

I read all the hype about this product so immediatly I ran out and bought it in the tube and the pot and I have to say im not all that impressed. It does smell good and feels nice on your lips but as far as moisturizing and helping with chapping it doesnt do a thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2002 6:10:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this product is pretty good, i gave it a 4/5. i love the way it makes your lips tingly and super moisturized without being goopy or nappy feeling. and upon rubbing your lips together with this on, as well as the great sensation, i swear it makes your lips bigger! lol...and for the cute packaging and the $2.50 price tag- who can resist?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

Ehh... The scent of this is a VERY strong peppermint smell that is so overpowering, if i eat something, that's all i taste, it is SO strong. Aside from that, its moisturizing properties aren't that great. it doesn't seem to moisturize at all... just... sits there. VERY waxy. I'll stick with my vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2002 4:13:00 PM More reviews by iclimbonrooftops

I live in this stuff. I put it on when I get up, I carry it around in my purse to reapply throughout the day, and I layer my lips with it at night before I go to bed. This lip balm tingles your lips and smells pleasantly of peppermints. I'd suggest if you don't like getting your hands messy (like me) to purchase the tube instead of the pot.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2002 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in both the stick and the tin. Wanted to see what the hype was all about, and the packaging is so cute. I like the light minty scent (smells like Doublemint gum), and the way it feels: cool & tingly.
But it dries out my lips! I thought my lips were just dry already, so I kept using it for a week - but it peeled a layer of skin off my lips every day! (This is very addictive, because it makes you want to put even more on all the time.) I think it's the peppermint oil that's drying my lips out.
So it basically works like an exfoliator for me. I probably won't buy this again, though. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2002 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Burt's Bees Lip Balm Ingredients: Net Wt. .15 oz. (4.25g) Tube

Bees Wax, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Lanolin, Peppermint Oil, Comfrey Root Extract, Rosemary Extract

It relieved my dry lips without feeling greasy or waxy. I like that fact that it does not have petroleum in it or parabens. My mom uses this, too.

UPDATE: I have repurchase and now I have them stashed all over the place. I have probably 20-25 @ home, work, car, purses, drawers....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2002 8:45:00 AM More reviews by plumeriagirl

Great product, very addictive. You will love the way it makes your lips tingle! Comes in a tube or pot! Very moisturizing. I keep one in the car, my nightstand, and in my purse.