July 28, 2014 | 961 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by smiley07

i only bought tjis because of the reviews on the website but now im so glad i did.my skin is going through a really bad time after having kids my skin has become hormonal acne type and has made me really depressed lately but thanks to clairette and retin a they have qorked wonders my skin is looking almost as good as before except few blemishes left i dont like heavy coverage look i just like my skin to look flawless with a healthy eventone glow.i normally use mac or chanel and various others but i will not go back to them again unless i get bored of this which i dont think is possibble .my skin has been reacting to anything so foundation was an issue.this powder is just fav no spots itching irritation nothing just great natural looking skin with a healthy glow im really pleased i am mac nc42 chanel naturel so rich vanilla is perrrfect its fab shade is excellent for my yellow undertones will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried Bare Minerals and Prescriptives before. LM definitely blows them out of the water. Bare Minerals requires too many steps (mineral veil, foundation, etc)..and prescriptives made my pores very noticeable. This blends in very naturally and does somehow give you a glow that the others did not. I also like the packaging..the lid rotates to block out unused powder. The others would flip open in my makeup bag and powder everywhere. I' ll continue to use this brand until I find a new obsession.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pampmn

I'm actually going through my second LM mineral foundation right now. I like this product alot.
Firstly i love the packaging which enables me to carry it without making a mess whenever I'm traveling..
Secondly, i love that it have spf and the finishing which have a slight sheen to it.. it gives my face flawless finish..most of the timess
However, sometimes, when my face is too dry, this tends to appear cakey on my face.. and i also must be careful not to apply too much as it will appear very cakey also..
And like the previous reviewer, the MA also recommended me tender rose. Previously, I've been using yellow base foundation all the time. The finishing is a little bit pink than what I'm used to. But acceptable.. Given a choice, I would like a more yellowish tone as it would balance out the redness on my face.. But, according to the MA, other colors would be too dark for me. That's why i took 1 lippie off..
I would repurchase until I find a better mineral foundation.. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. After reading the reviews and pros of mineral powders, I decided to give LM Mineral Powder a shot. I found the price of this mineral powder slightly more expensive compared to the rest of the mineral powders I have researched on. However, according to the reviews, this powder should last me for a year with daily usage as only a light tap is enough for the entire face.
My face starts to look shiny after about 3hours of application. Therefore, blotters are a necessity. However, my makeup did not slide off. Re-application is not necessary for me.
Packaging wise, I am a huge fan of the smart swivel top that LM has used. It prevents the powder from leaking and thereby, making it great for travelling!
The MA advised me to purchase Tender Rose (pink tones) even though I have yellow undertones because after oxidation, the colour will turn slightly darker. One mistake I would advise first time users of this product to avoid is applying more than 2 layers of this powder on your face. I layered on as many as 3-4 and ended up looking like a white-faced lady (not fair faced!) even after oxidation. 1 layer for the entire face, the second application to even out whichever part you missed out on. That should be more than enough. At the moment, there is still a very slight colour difference from my face to my neck.
I will purchase this powder again. However, I do hope to meet a more qualified MA who can provide a better explanation of why I should be using a pink toned powder over a yellow toned one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by batspitcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. I wasn't sure if my dry skin would do well with a mineral m/u, but I just put this on over my moisturizer and I'm good to go. I don't get the paste look like I get from liquid foundation. It doesn't feel like anything on. Even a very light application smooths out my skin tone (I got the Tender Rose shade, perfect on my pale but pinkish skin). The only other foundation that has come close to looking this good is Chanel Tient Naturale, but it is much more expensive and I don't think it will last anywhere near as long as the LM. Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cutiealert8

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I never intended to make product reviews here, just to read them. But I have to make one because this is the best. I have sensitive skin, and I tried lots of foundations (which after a while make me itch and made me have rashes on my face)... but then I tried this one ( I have mine in soft porcelain) and it never made me itch even just once. I never even saw a whitehead or a papule after hours of wearing it or after cleansing, which I sometimes have when I wear other foundation. I was apprehensive of buying this one because it has talc and bismuth oxychloride. But then I guess sensitive skin can tolerate them.

I must say my search for my HG foundation has stopped! This is the one! The coverage, which last for hours, and most of all, the itch factor (never had one) is the best. For sensitive and acne-prone skin, you should try this. You would never regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral foundation I've ever used, hands down. If you are looking for a mineral foundation with medium to full, buildable coverage, a luminous, natural finish that smooths out/camoflouges imperfections, then this foundation is perfect for you. However, I would not recommend this for dry skin types, only oily and normal skin types. Mineral foundations can make dry skin look chalky. If you have oily skin, a dusting of translucent blot powder on top of this foundation will keep your skin looking beautiful and luminous (not shiny) all day. The shade selection is somewhat limited, but with that being said, Laura Mercier's foundations match skin tones better than any other brand because they realize that most women have yellow/golden undertones. They've created foundation shades that enhance the look of undertones. For example, I have golden undertones, but I also have tan skin which can make my skin appear neutral. So, my shade is Rich Vanilla. Most everyone will find a matching shade. Basically, Laura Mercier has the most realistic shades. Please try this foundation before you try Bare Minerals. You won't regret it!
By the way, this foundation comes in a much larger container than bare minerals. It will last you for months! Also, the container has a plastic cover that slides over the sifter when you are not using it. This makes application much easier and alot less messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by marinesgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! It goes on beautifully, leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. I haven't experienced any powdery look or feel, and buffs in super smoothly. I've been using it daily for over 6 months, and am not close to finishing it, so it's a great value.

I would definitely recommend this over Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Lumiere or any Drugstore brand. I feel like I've tried them all, and I will always come back to Laura Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

This is hands-down the best mineral foundation i've ever tried, and by that i mean amongst jane iredale, everyday minerals, larenim, bare escentual, and many others (i really can't count them all coz there're too many of them), and i even tried the ones recommended by environmental group like zosimos and such. Im currently using this in conjunction with Miessence mineral foundation. Miessence is also great but it doesn't provide as much coverage as this one. Miessence is more pure though, but the fact that Laura Mercier has pearl powder in it which makes your skin glow and hydrated is really a bonus, and pearl powder has been a superb facial treatment for ancient chinese for thousands of years so i believe in its anti-aging power. anyways, you have to try it to believe it, and don't think every mineral foundation acts the same coz they really don't!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tripperjj

My esthetician insisted that I buy this product after my Vitalize Peel. I was hesitant to try this product because I hated Bare Minerals, I felt that it accentuated my pores and lines. Not the case with Laura Mercier. I love it! I have gotten so many compliments on my skin at first I thought it was the facial treatments that I was getting, now I think it is the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder!