Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the 2nd mineral foundation I've tried. The first was prescriptives which showed up a bit ash on me. Anyway, the mica in this product can make the skin look a little too shiny but I really like the way my skin looks with this product. My imperfections are a little less obvious and my skin looks healthy with a nice glow.

on 1/1/2009 8:24:00 PM

I love this product. I have been using Bare Minerals foundationn for some time but found it difficult to find a shade that really matched my fair skin. I love the luminescence of this product and the color match is great. I love the packaging. The lid closure is very smart as it keeps the product from escaping in the container. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/1/2009 4:50:00 PM

This is the first mineral makeup I have tried and I really like it. I used to wear LM powder foundation in #2, but it was always a bit dark in the winter, and rather drying. Most other foundations turn orangy on me, but this has stayed true throughout a 10 hour day. I also like that I can mix colors in a separate sifter jar, since I always seem to be in between shades. For reference, I am mixing about 60% real sand with 40% soft porcelain, and it is perfect for pale olive skin.

I do agree that it does not control oil well, but I am not using a primer. However, a light dusting of MAC blot over the t-zone mid-day fixes any unwanted shine. I don't really think it emphasizes pores, but it doesn't hide them either. Fortunately I have pretty good skin so it is a minor issue. Application was a little tricky and took a few days to get right. I was using too much and getting a cakey look with my LM face brush, and it does clump a bit, but I finally got the hang of it. To get a light application, I swirl the brush in the cap, then tap the brush on its side, then tap the bristles in the palm of my hand a couple times to get rid of clumps and distribute the powder evenly. Then I start at my jawline and buff upwards, doing my t-zone last. Kind of backwards from how I normally apply makeup, but it works! Takes very little time as well. I will definitely keep buying this unless I develop an allergy to it.

*** Update 10/9/2010 - I stopped using this for a while after developing irritation, and then discovered that it was caused by buffing with the face brush. I switched to Eco-tools and now I can use this again.

I also discovered that LM Mineral powder is fabulous when blended into moisturizer or sunscreen lotion! I have a pet peeve with most TMs going orangy or bown on me, and tried mixing the minerals with face lotion and I got the perfect shade and texture! I even tried mixing it with neutrogena dry touch sunscreen spf 30 and it has lasted all day with no irritation, separating, or other odd texture. In fact, my skin has a nice glow without being shiny, and very little oil breakthrough. It also is much less drying than minerals alone, which I need as my skin gets drier in the fall and winter.

on 12/20/2008 8:20:00 PM

I love this. I have used Bare Minerals and a few other Mineral Makeup products, I think this has the best finish and feel on my skin. I have acne and this didn't make me breakout. The finish is really beautiful and pearlescent. They say "soft focus effect" I agree, wish it could hide my pores a little more on my cheeks. Maybe I need the primer too. I will buy again and I love the packaging because mineral makeup usually gets everywhere - this is a very smart product.

on 12/12/2008 5:31:00 PM

I was underwhelmed by this product. I expected to like it, becuase I think the loose powder mineral brozer is great, but this one didn't impress me. I find the color hard to blend evenly--it tends to clump in the area that the brush touches first. It doesn't do much to ward off shine, and it definitely doesn't make my pores look smaller. I think it may actually make them look bigger! I also find that it has a chalky finish. It helps if you finish off with a facial mist (like Darphin's, or even the Evian spray), but it still isn't the most flattering thing for me. I only wear it now if I am running errands and don't need to look particularly nice. I am going to keep looking for a better mineral foundation.

on 12/11/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ugh.....awful product and expensive. Before that I was using Everyday Minerals and I decided to check out something else and bought LM. The product works horribly on my skin. I don't know how to describe the effect, but it just makes my skin look disgusting: it emphasizes my pores, fine lines and acne. Not good. Can't believe it costs so much, I will return it.

on 12/7/2008 1:59:00 PM

After researching and reading all these reviews of praise on here, I ventured into Sephora and dropped a lot of money on this product, Clinique Eye Concealer, and Bare Escentuals Prime Time. I am SEVERELY disappointed with this product.

I feel like the coverage is a lot less than Bare Minerals and other, cheaper, brands. It's a sheer covering and when I started layering it on in certain areas for more coverage it got cakey looking. Throughout the day it wore out terrible for me. I don't know if it is because I have somewhat oily skin but it seemed to kind of float on the surface of my skin, settle in my smile lines, and be VERY obvious that I was wearing makeup. It's hard to describe exactly what it looked like but I would end having to take some tissue and rub most of the makeup off so I didn't look ridiculous.

The packaging isn't that great either. It comes in a normal tub for mineral powder but inside only half of the top has holes and the other half is solid with a rotating piece of plastic that allows you to cover the holes when traveling I assume. That sounds fine and dandy, but trying to get a Kabuki brush in one half of a tub isn't that productive.

I was really hoping this makeup would be 'THE ONE', but apparently I'm going to have to keep looking.

on 12/6/2008 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is probably the best mineral powder I have ever tried. Goes on very smoothly and gives a medium natural looking coverage. The only thing I am upset about is that it provides no oil control for my t-zone. I see the nasty sheen in about 1 hour after application :( But that's not anything I am not used to. My t-zone has always been extremely oily and very few products can do anything to stop this oil from coming out. Actually LM powder foundation is one of them!
I have a very fair skin with pink undertones and Tender rose is quite a good match.
I'd buy it again.

on 11/24/2008 5:42:00 PM

Overall I like this Mineral makeup, I bought it with the primer as well and always use it as a combo. I feel it does make a difference. Compared to BE mineral makeup, in my case the coverage is similar. I do find that when I use mineral makeup I have to be retouching constantly, because it does not last me a long time. But when I do wear it, i like how it looks at first. The face looks nice, natural and even. I like wearing my mineral makeup to work, only when my face is in optimum conditions. But when I have acne I switch to a full coverage liquid foundation to cover my acne.

on 11/24/2008 3:43:00 AM

This is great. Laura Mercier has been making consistently making superb products and rarely ever do I have a complain against it. First of all I am very, very impressed with the packaging. Who ever thought of providing that little rotating plastic bit to prevent the powder from pouring out when you're traveling with it IS A GENIUS!

Second, the price is comparably cheaper against other more commercially popular mineral makeup (ie Bare Minerals). I got this for AUD 45 sometime in April when my Shu Uemura ran out and there are still plenty left even though I use it on a daily basis. The only downside perhaps is the staying power as I have combination oily skin and it tends to slip off (esp. around the T Zone area) by mid day. But this is something that can be easily fixed with a dusting of translucent powder (I use Jurlique Lavender Silk) right before application.

It works as a concealer as well if applied with the right make up tools. Great all rounder, and a definite HG