October 25, 2014 | 1088 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sa921

I bought this powder based on all the rave reviews on this website. I received it yesterday and used it today. This powder is absolutely fantastic. I love the coverage and glowy effect. I ordered tender rose (I am asian with fairly fair complexion). i didn't buy the LM blending brush. instead i am using a low cost loose powder blush from boujouris (there is steal on the strawberrynet.com right now! 20+$ for 5 brushes+2 lip gloss and some other accessaries).
I like the pinky look this tender rose provides. next time i might order the soft porcelain and mix them together for a more fair look. :)
highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I consider myself to be somewhat of a mineral makeup expert, as I've tried a zillion. I already have a few that I adore from $5-$35. So this was $35 and to me, overpriced for the performance. Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm just not totally impressed. I like the coverage, which can be medium to full, if you so desire. Just because of this, I can see this getting cakey-looking quickly. I like the color I chose off the Sephora website, Real Sand. I like the finish of this, it's glowy, but not shiny. I like that this has SPF 15. What I didn't really care for was that the second that I applied it, it had already sunken into my fine lines. Not as bad some, like Rimmel, but still. I'd repurchase, as I consider this a good addition to my aresenal of mineral foundations, but overall, not as impressed with it considering all the rave reviews. UPDATE: I think my skin was in poor condition when I first started using this. Since then, I've updated my skincare routine, and it's not as dry. It makes this foundation gorgeous. Allows for touchups without looking weird. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in Pure Honey for 10 months now and I'm extremely satisfied. I have tried desperately to make other MMU work for me (Afterglow, EM, Alima) but usually coverage was an issue. With LM, I get at least medium coverage. I apply with Alima's # 25. I buff it all over my face and neck and can quickly achieve a natural, smooth finish.

I have oily skin and have seen my face streak with liquid foundation and look like I have applied nothing with other MMU or powders. This covers like a liquid but blends like a powder. If I feel dry, I use Neutrogena Fresh Moisture as a moisturizing primer. If I am more oily, I use OC Eight as a mattifier. I can use all of these with each other with no problems.

The color match is not spot on but it works. It does not settle into fine lines or look chalky. The packaging is smart. The price is high but a little goes a long way so it lasts. My skin is very sensitive but no break outs or irritation from this, even when I sleep in it.

Bottom line, I can look at myself in the dreaded car mirror (with the light!) and feel good about my skin. Holy. Grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by LAcurlz

This is my HG foundation of the moment. I have tried GlowMinerals, Bare Minerals and UD mineral foundations. I have tried so many liquid and powder foundations, I have lost count. I am a tough customer and am constantly on the search for anything that will perfect my face. I used to enjoy BM but I began to break out after 2 years of use? My hairdresser recommended LM minerals. I tried LM minerals with great skepticism, as I break out from everything. The SA at Sephora (one that was not mean or angry that she had to do her job) helped me find my shade: Rich Vanilla. I put it on myself the next day and was immediately impressed with the coverage. It's buildable, so you do not end up looking like Phyllis Diller post-application. The safety gal I am, I brought along my regular foundation as I figured this stuff would be off by noon. When I looked in the mirror at noon, I saw this glowy, flawless skin (certainly not the skin I was born with). It had not moved. Now, when I say had not moved, I mean had not moved. I have oilies and am used to touch ups or the famous makeup fade. By the end of the day, it looked pretty good, but had faded in some areas (chin and nose). So, always the optimist, I decided to give it another try with LM's mineral primer and mineral finishing powder. Perfection. This stuff stays put on me (Acne McOil) for 12-14 hour days. When I take off my makeup at the end of the day, there is still a significant amount of makeup that comes off on my cleansing sheets. Amazing. I have switched to Natural Beige for the winter, but only because I wanted a color change. The LM pots are huge and mine has lasted me 8 months with daily application. I mix in a bit of the Rich Vanilla to give it a little pop. I use my old BM brushes to apply: the face foundation brush to apply the primer and finishing powder and BM "handibuki" to apply the foundation. Not one break out to date! This mineral line has my full respect and love. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by sassycherz

I have a love-hate relationship with this mineral powder foundation from Laura Mercier.

First off, I can't find a perfect match. I got Real Sand and it's a shade lighter on me on my 'darker' days. The SA at the LM counter also tried Rich Vanilla on me, which I think is a shade too dark on me (might be able to work when I get a tan). My perfect shade would probably be in between Real Sand and Rich Vanilla in LM. I noticed that a lot of users have the same problem as well. Laura Mercier, pls pls consider coming up w a shade that's in between Real Sand and Rich Vanilla. Buying 2 shades and mixing them is a bit tedious and very pricey! But I have to add that both shades can work anyway, I'm just picky about it not being perfect!

This foundation works well with my combination, acne prone skin. It doesn't irritate and keeps my t-zone relatively oil-free for the average 8 hours I have the foundation on. However, I have to be exfoliated and very well moisturised for this foundation to go on smoothly for it will cling in any dry patches I have on my face. For this reason, I have days when my face looks flawless and others where I find it difficult to apply this foundation.

The coverage is sheer to medium and can be layered. I have post-acne scars and redness from my skin being dry and senstive and this foundation covers it up very well. I only need a little concealer for undereyes and very dark blemishes. My normal routine is a light application of tinted moisturiser and buffing this mineral foundation all over with a brush. My absolute love for this foundation is how natural it looks! it really covers well and makes my complexion look natural and glowy. And what's more, this foundation feels so lightweight that it feels like I have nothing on!

I took one lippie off because it doesn't have a perfect colour match for me and on some (minority of) days, it is difficult to make this foundation work for me. But I will definitely keep buying it because on days that it does work, it looks amazing!!

For reference, I'm a: MAC NC30 in Select SPF and C3-C4 in MAC F&B, 40 Sable in Chanel Mat Lumiere Compact and 30 in Chanel Teint Universal.

Note: One tub lasted me approx. 10 months, with everyday application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by smiley07

i only bought tjis because of the reviews on the website but now im so glad i did.my skin is going through a really bad time after having kids my skin has become hormonal acne type and has made me really depressed lately but thanks to clairette and retin a they have qorked wonders my skin is looking almost as good as before except few blemishes left i dont like heavy coverage look i just like my skin to look flawless with a healthy eventone glow.i normally use mac or chanel and various others but i will not go back to them again unless i get bored of this which i dont think is possibble .my skin has been reacting to anything so foundation was an issue.this powder is just fav no spots itching irritation nothing just great natural looking skin with a healthy glow im really pleased i am mac nc42 chanel naturel so rich vanilla is perrrfect its fab shade is excellent for my yellow undertones will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried Bare Minerals and Prescriptives before. LM definitely blows them out of the water. Bare Minerals requires too many steps (mineral veil, foundation, etc)..and prescriptives made my pores very noticeable. This blends in very naturally and does somehow give you a glow that the others did not. I also like the packaging..the lid rotates to block out unused powder. The others would flip open in my makeup bag and powder everywhere. I' ll continue to use this brand until I find a new obsession.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pampmn

I'm actually going through my second LM mineral foundation right now. I like this product alot.
Firstly i love the packaging which enables me to carry it without making a mess whenever I'm traveling..
Secondly, i love that it have spf and the finishing which have a slight sheen to it.. it gives my face flawless finish..most of the timess
However, sometimes, when my face is too dry, this tends to appear cakey on my face.. and i also must be careful not to apply too much as it will appear very cakey also..
And like the previous reviewer, the MA also recommended me tender rose. Previously, I've been using yellow base foundation all the time. The finishing is a little bit pink than what I'm used to. But acceptable.. Given a choice, I would like a more yellowish tone as it would balance out the redness on my face.. But, according to the MA, other colors would be too dark for me. That's why i took 1 lippie off..
I would repurchase until I find a better mineral foundation.. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. After reading the reviews and pros of mineral powders, I decided to give LM Mineral Powder a shot. I found the price of this mineral powder slightly more expensive compared to the rest of the mineral powders I have researched on. However, according to the reviews, this powder should last me for a year with daily usage as only a light tap is enough for the entire face.
My face starts to look shiny after about 3hours of application. Therefore, blotters are a necessity. However, my makeup did not slide off. Re-application is not necessary for me.
Packaging wise, I am a huge fan of the smart swivel top that LM has used. It prevents the powder from leaking and thereby, making it great for travelling!
The MA advised me to purchase Tender Rose (pink tones) even though I have yellow undertones because after oxidation, the colour will turn slightly darker. One mistake I would advise first time users of this product to avoid is applying more than 2 layers of this powder on your face. I layered on as many as 3-4 and ended up looking like a white-faced lady (not fair faced!) even after oxidation. 1 layer for the entire face, the second application to even out whichever part you missed out on. That should be more than enough. At the moment, there is still a very slight colour difference from my face to my neck.
I will purchase this powder again. However, I do hope to meet a more qualified MA who can provide a better explanation of why I should be using a pink toned powder over a yellow toned one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by batspitcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. I wasn't sure if my dry skin would do well with a mineral m/u, but I just put this on over my moisturizer and I'm good to go. I don't get the paste look like I get from liquid foundation. It doesn't feel like anything on. Even a very light application smooths out my skin tone (I got the Tender Rose shade, perfect on my pale but pinkish skin). The only other foundation that has come close to looking this good is Chanel Tient Naturale, but it is much more expensive and I don't think it will last anywhere near as long as the LM. Love love love this!