April 18, 2014 | 1926 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by batspitcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. I wasn't sure if my dry skin would do well with a mineral m/u, but I just put this on over my moisturizer and I'm good to go. I don't get the paste look like I get from liquid foundation. It doesn't feel like anything on. Even a very light application smooths out my skin tone (I got the Tender Rose shade, perfect on my pale but pinkish skin). The only other foundation that has come close to looking this good is Chanel Tient Naturale, but it is much more expensive and I don't think it will last anywhere near as long as the LM. Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cutiealert8

This is the best foundation I have ever tried. I never intended to make product reviews here, just to read them. But I have to make one because this is the best. I have sensitive skin, and I tried lots of foundations (which after a while make me itch and made me have rashes on my face)... but then I tried this one ( I have mine in soft porcelain) and it never made me itch even just once. I never even saw a whitehead or a papule after hours of wearing it or after cleansing, which I sometimes have when I wear other foundation. I was apprehensive of buying this one because it has talc and bismuth oxychloride. But then I guess sensitive skin can tolerate them.

I must say my search for my HG foundation has stopped! This is the one! The coverage, which last for hours, and most of all, the itch factor (never had one) is the best. For sensitive and acne-prone skin, you should try this. You would never regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by NikkiHarbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mineral foundation I've ever used, hands down. If you are looking for a mineral foundation with medium to full, buildable coverage, a luminous, natural finish that smooths out/camoflouges imperfections, then this foundation is perfect for you. However, I would not recommend this for dry skin types, only oily and normal skin types. Mineral foundations can make dry skin look chalky. If you have oily skin, a dusting of translucent blot powder on top of this foundation will keep your skin looking beautiful and luminous (not shiny) all day. The shade selection is somewhat limited, but with that being said, Laura Mercier's foundations match skin tones better than any other brand because they realize that most women have yellow/golden undertones. They've created foundation shades that enhance the look of undertones. For example, I have golden undertones, but I also have tan skin which can make my skin appear neutral. So, my shade is Rich Vanilla. Most everyone will find a matching shade. Basically, Laura Mercier has the most realistic shades. Please try this foundation before you try Bare Minerals. You won't regret it!
By the way, this foundation comes in a much larger container than bare minerals. It will last you for months! Also, the container has a plastic cover that slides over the sifter when you are not using it. This makes application much easier and alot less messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by marinesgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! It goes on beautifully, leaves my skin looking smooth and flawless. I haven't experienced any powdery look or feel, and buffs in super smoothly. I've been using it daily for over 6 months, and am not close to finishing it, so it's a great value.

I would definitely recommend this over Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Lumiere or any Drugstore brand. I feel like I've tried them all, and I will always come back to Laura Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

This is hands-down the best mineral foundation i've ever tried, and by that i mean amongst jane iredale, everyday minerals, larenim, bare escentual, and many others (i really can't count them all coz there're too many of them), and i even tried the ones recommended by environmental group like zosimos and such. Im currently using this in conjunction with Miessence mineral foundation. Miessence is also great but it doesn't provide as much coverage as this one. Miessence is more pure though, but the fact that Laura Mercier has pearl powder in it which makes your skin glow and hydrated is really a bonus, and pearl powder has been a superb facial treatment for ancient chinese for thousands of years so i believe in its anti-aging power. anyways, you have to try it to believe it, and don't think every mineral foundation acts the same coz they really don't!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tripperjj

My esthetician insisted that I buy this product after my Vitalize Peel. I was hesitant to try this product because I hated Bare Minerals, I felt that it accentuated my pores and lines. Not the case with Laura Mercier. I love it! I have gotten so many compliments on my skin at first I thought it was the facial treatments that I was getting, now I think it is the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:28:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

Love,love,love this!!! The best foundation all categories. Flawless face, I like the feeling of no-makeup still it covers redness but looks like my real skin (only better ;) I use the real sand all over face, then natural beige on cheeks, chin, forehead, nose - I find it looks more natural that way...then pair with LM Blush Rose Petal. Done!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Glamourtothemax

Absolutely awful and so expensive.

I purchased this product 2 weeks ago - 30 for mineral powder and another 28 for the mineral powder primer. It is a complete waste of time and money because the powder primer dries my skin and when I tried to buff the mineral powder on top my face just look so chalky and dry and the color didn't go even.

I eventually gave up and threw them away. Honestly, for that price range I can get other cool brands such as By Terry etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by righteousred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several mineral makeup foundations (BE, Jane Iredale, Px, one other whose name escapes me right now) and this one is so far the best. It is very finely milled so it doesn't emphasize my pores (like Px), it is "pearlized" but NOT sparkly (like BE), it comes in a good color for my skin (Tender Rose, one that is not too yellow like JE) and it has the best packaging I've encountered for a loose powder (a little dial that closes some of the sifter holes so you can control how much powder is floating about.

I am a 30 yo normal/dry PPP with redness around the nose and mouth and this covers beautifully and manages to last all day without settling into any fine lines (I do use it with the mineral primer, so that might have something to do with the staying powder) when applied with a BB Kabuki brush. It honestly doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

I get stopped by strangers and asked/complimented about my skin when I'm wearing this, so that tells you something.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by melro14

I was using BE and it was making me very chalky looking. I like to use mineral makeup in the summer because of the humidity. I read a review of LM mineral makeup. I bought the classic beige. I love it. Even my husband noticed, and said it looks more natural. It has a slight luminesence, but not too much. It looks very natural. The color blends with my skin perfectly.