BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

I can't find a foundation I like more than this one. I didn't even consider this product for the longest time because the color looked like it would never match my skin. I used powder foundation for years but have found the last couple years my skin has become dry enough that it wasn't the best choice anymore for my skin. I went to Sephora and told the MA I was having a foundation crisis and he immediately pulled out this product and I thought he was crazy until he put it on my face. I use the light and apply with my fingers. I have sun-damaged, acne prone skin and this helps even me out and does not break me out. It gives me a nice finish, not too made up, but still covers sufficiently without looking like I have on a lot of makeup. I just bought the boiing concealer today and used it this evening on bare skin and I feel like it is going to work really well with this foundation. I don't love the packaging- but as long as the product works- I could care less. I'm on my 4th compact and I can't think of any other foundation (except for Chanel powder foundation which no longer works for my skin) that I have repurchased as many times as this product. I tried many others recently with all the new HD foundations coming out hoping to find something better- but I returned every one of them. None of them come close to the nice finish and coverage of this product.

I got this in a sample at a Sephora store. I decided to try it one day and I loved it. After the tiny sample finished, I went back to the store and bought it. Its very light but when I put it on it seemed to blend to my medium skin tone perfectly, Im spanish so trust me I have a light natural tan all year, and it still matched. It's so light and smooth, it leaves your face like silk to the touch. I know youre not suppose to touch your face (for hygiene reasons), but I couldn't help it to the lovely velvety feel. However after a few days of wearing it, I started to notice I was breaking out, tiny little zits in different places, not too many, most people wouldnt notice, but up close in the mirror I did. My skin without it had no silky feel whatsoever. I notice I was breaking out more on days I wore this, wether alone or on top of my foundation. I have combination skin, and some times it can get very very oily, so this product is not the right product for me. I think this is better if you have good to moderate skin. For some reason, I do still find myself wearing it on some days (I still have some left) because I like the whole "no-makeup look", and this works great for that....Im still searching for foundation as light as this one but that wont cause me to breakout :/

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I know this is suppose to match all skin tones, but honestly, they thought You Rebel would too and then look what happened 5 years later... they came out with You Rebel Light. Benefit fails at the whole "everyone can use the same color" scheme again. Not to mention the disgusting thick cream formula that just sits on your skin like a mask and transfers all over your clothes (and anyone else who comes within 5 feet of you). What probably pissed me off the most is that my skin literally looked better with nothing at all than with this on, and the MA kept trying to convince me that my skin looked flawless and soooo much better. I wanted to say, ARE YOU BLIND?? Do you not see that it accentuates every flake and blemish on my skin? And I don't even have bad skin!! Wonder what it would be like for people who did!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I wanted something to even out my skintone without going the whole foundation route. I'm acne-prone and foundation often makes me break out. I also hate the feeling of foundation on my face. I also wanted something that looked natural: like my skin, but better. Tinted moisturizer isn't an option because it tends to be greasy no matter what brand I try. I know, I'm expecting a lot, but Some Kind-A Gorgeous delivered! It provides sheer coverage that won't cover every spot, but certainly makes my few acne scars less noticable. I have this in Deep and it matches my skin perfectly. Makes me look like I have gorgeous skin without trying too hard (I hate the mask-like perfection that heavier foundation provides). It goes on creamy and dries to a powdery matte finish. And it feels like I hardly have anything on. I apply this with clean fingers; I haven't yet used the sponge included with it. Yes, $28 it a tad expensive for a not quite foundation, but you don't need a lot per application. And I'm a sucker for the packaging; a retro-style record. Will purchase again.

I got this as a sample from sephora and I'm glad I tried it out. I dont' usually like the stuff that doesn't come in a variety of shades to get a good skin tone match but this one is great. It's very very light coverage so if you have skin issues or things you are trying to cover up I wouldn't use it. It's great for days when I am in a hurry I just put a little on then some powder on top - also would only use this on clear days, not if I had a breakout, it wouldn't be enough. But it's very light, silky touch and goes on very smooth. I will definitely be buying more of this for summer.

I got a small sample of this from Sephora and I really don't like it. When blended it does match my light/medium skin tone. I like that this goes on very smoothly but it comes off just as easily as it goes on. I haven't used this as a foundation because it has so much slip - as soon as I rest my cheek on my hand (bad habit) this stuff comes off. This happens even after patting powder on top to seal my foundation/concealer. I've tried to use this as a spot concealer - it turns out that it's not so good around my nose area since if you're the type of person like me that has a runny nose once in awhile, you'll see all of this product on your tissue after you blow your nose. So I've only used it minimally as an under eye concealer but my Make Up Forever concealer is so far superior in staying power (not to mention more than two shades available). I would not purchase this.

I use this product as a makeup BASE, and then as a finishing veil after all my makeup is on. It provides a lovely velvety base for any foundation, and as a finisher, if you just LIGHTLY go over your makeup, you get a flawless, gleamy ---but not shiny---look. I don't use its applicator ---just my fingers, so that I have total control of how much or little I want to apply.
I don't like the product as a "full coverage" make-up; it doesn't last through the day. I agree about the expense, and I think that with Serious Skin Care's HydraPixel, you can achieve the same or better coverage with a product that lasts a whole lot longer.

I hate wearing foundation but from reading some reviews at MUA and aorund the internet, I decided to give this a go. I've been wanting this for a couple of months but was hindered due to the price. $28 + Tax for foundation seemed a little too high for me. I found a brand new one on Ebay for $11.99, bought it right away. When the package arrived, I forgot that there was two shades to this: deep and fair. I've ordered the deep one and as soon I opened it, I knew I made a mistake. The shade was too dark and I was disappointed that I had wasted $12. However, I tried it on and like everyone said, it goes on veryyy smooth and light. It's like a mixure of liquid + powder which means no caking or cracks! To my surprise, it blended right into my skin. It did have a deep shade so it SLIGHTLY made me look a bit tanner, but not a huge shade difference. And also, it does give you a SHEER coverage. I do have some blemish scars here and there. So those were still visible. I decided to put on my boi-ing concealer (from Benefit which I absolutely adore) and put Some Kind-A Gorgeous on, and I loved my skin! It felt/looked like I didn't even have any makeup on. And the best part is that it doesn't make me break out at all! Packaging is adorable and by looking at the size, I think it'll last me a quite awhile. I just hope I find a good price the next time I buy this too. The only downside I have for this product is the shade. I wish they had it in medium.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some Kind-A Disappointment. When the MUA put this on me, I walked out of the store in love with my new foundation. Come to find out it was the setting powder, blush, bronzer and highlighter that I liked so much. The foundation itself is really not exciting. It's very sheer, very moist, very blah. Strangely, I do wear it occasionally when I'm trying to look like I'm not wearing any makeup - I think because the color is actually good for me and I don't want to waste the product and throw it away. I bet the look would be nice if you had perfect skin. If I had perfect skin, I wouldn't wear foundation. Oh well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was so excited to get this product because a friend of mine just raves about it, but I am so dissapointed with it. They only have 2 shades and the lighter shade is way to light for my face, but the darker one ( the one i have) make me look like I applied a cheap tanning cream, it is super orange and it has no coverage at all, its very sheer, sadly, i wont be buying this again.....