July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Lassie08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not the biggest fan of moisturisers especially near my face because my skin can choose out of nowhere to take a dislike to a particular product (weird i know!ha). But I quite like this one, a little goes a long way. I use it in the morning after a shower for a base under my makeup and then in the evening after I take off my makeup. As a result I now have silky soft skin!!yay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best drugstore lotions/creams out there! It's very affordable, smells nice and works like a charm! Try it, if it doesn't work for you at least it wasn't expensive :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by bangton

Firstly, it worth mentioning I love simple skincare solutions. I find that the more expensive the creams and lotions the more ingredients they contain, making it all the more likely my skin will react by either reddening OR worse getting lots of little pimples and dry patches. I use a very simple cold cream to cleanse, exfoliate once a week and moisturise with the same moisturiser in the morning as the one I use before bed. This way my skin always looks healthy and is not drowning under a pile of different formulas and ingredients. The reason I favour this simple little cream is because of the velvety texture my skin now has because of years of continued use. Its nice and light under makeup and it does exactly what it needs to do...keep dryness at bay. I dont want fancy anti aging formulas - I'm hoping that continuing with a good diet, loads of water/green tea and a pile of exercise will keep me youthful.Thus far, at 25 years of age it seems to be working. Combined with this cheap and delightful little gem I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Smells nice too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by emmasgrandma50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great moisturizing formula. Skin is oh so soft. Love to use right after shower and helps keep me moisturized all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by xPinkStuff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I looove this as a body lotion.Not so much for my face but that's only because I have oily skin. It has a really nice velvety texture that sinks into my skin easily and quickly which is really important as I hate lotions that just rest on top of my skin.The scent I would say as nothing special,it just smells like lotion.It makes my skin extremely soft and smooth and I would definitely recommend anyone reading this to get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I use neutrogena oil free acne wash, and an exfoliant, so you can imagine that my skin gets prettyy dry. i used to use johnsons 24 hour moisturizer, but my skin still was a little dry, so i switched to nivea soft. and i am SOO glad i did. it's AMAZING! my skin no longer feels dry, and it feels so soft and moisturized. i definitely love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Foxay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this!
I use it on my face and it moisturises so well, no stickiness or heaviness just beautiful glow and softness.Not too light or heavy, smells fantastic and not too overpowering.
Is also great as an all over body moisturiser too.
One tiny grumble-I do find it hard to get all the product out of the squeezy tube-a tub is much better, and is also lovely and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by fried_twinkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got this both in the tub and squeeze tube. Excellent cream.. I love the texture and scent. I used to use this when I was younger on my face, but that was when my face was less picky. I tried using it on my face now, but I found it a bit too greasy even if I was to use a tiny bit. It's a great hand and body cream. Would be great if they came out with a pump bottle version.. Handy to use for the whole body instead of the tub. Great product though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by babydollxix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have a love-hate affair with this product.

First off, let's start with the packaging: TOTALLY UNHYGEINIC! >.<

I mean, I have to dip my hands INTO the tub just to get some product. Man oh man. Just the thought of double dipping freaks the hell out of me.

I also tried to use this as a night facial moisturizer. The first time I applied it, GREASEVILLE. :( I made sure that I put on very little amount, but it still left me looking greasy, shiny, and not at all pretty.

The next morning, I found my face soft and smooth. The greasiness has died down a bit (maybe it all got into my pillow? eww), but my T-zone was still as shiny as ever.

I tried to make this product work (since I have here the biggest tub 300-500g maybe?), but sadly I found three zits after 5 days of use.

What to do with the remaining product? Hmm. I plan to use it as a body moisturizer.

It's very moisturizing, no doubt about that. The point is, even though it says on the bottle that it can also be used on the face, it can get a bit greasy for some people.

---

edited to add: I tried to use it again after three days. Now it works wonders for my face. No zits, just glowing skin. =D Needless to say, I changed my rating from 2 to 4. :) Sometimes, it is a good thing to give products another chance. :)

another edit: i found out mineral oil is bad for the skin. and this thing is made up of mineral oil. won't buy it again. it is moisturizing though. i won't repuchase

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Overall Rating = 3
Price = 3
Packaging Quality = 3
Would you buy this product again? No

I'll be honest, I bought this product a while ago when they had that very pretty commercial and everything did look and sound so "soft". Other than that, there is nothing special or super moisturizing about this cream. It was great and refreshing for the summer but I went quickly through 1 tub since I used it everyday for my body so I thought it was expensive for the little quantity you get. It was okay. I could get a huge bottle of lubriderm or no name brand and it would be the same. nothing special.