August 30, 2014 | 1763 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Beautiful HQ foundation. This is one of the very few foundation that "perfectly" matches to my very tricky skin tone (Bisque-0). It glides like silk on the face, gives a great coverage--yet I can easily adjust the coverage level (from moderate to full). Its coverage is so good that I do not need a concealer when I use this foundation though the key is that this never gives any heavy, mask-like, made-up look, which is amazing. The result is very natural and lasts so long as Lancome claims. When I looked at myself in the mirror at the end of the day, I looked even better than how I looked in the morning right after application! (I personally like how the natural oil from the skin affects foundation as the time goes by--I think that's exactly how you assess the true power and effectiveness of any foundation) Great HQ product. It is definitely worth paying $38 for this wonderful foundation!
    UPDATE #1: After few days+ of using this product, it turned out to be that I have a slight tingling, sort of stinging sensation on my skin whenever I use this foundation. And it turned out to be almost painful when I re-applied sunblock in the middle of the day over this foundation! I felt as if my face were burning. Recalling back, when I initially tried this product at the Lancome counter, I did not notice any strange sensation on my skin probably because the MA used the silicone base primer (La Base Pro) before applying foundation on my face. I am truly impressed with the superb performance of this foundation and I am dying to keep it--but, cannot take a risk of damaging my skin. Sigh. I am very sensitive to many cosmetic products and here goes again; hence, I had to take 2 stars off from my original perfect rating. However, I still highly recommend this awesome liquid foundation for those who do not have sensitive skin.
    UPDATE #2: After having a very close look of all the skin care products I use prior to foundation application, I have found that the mixture of particular sunscreen I use daily (Banana Boat Ultra Defense in spf50) and the Teinte Idole ULTRA causes the burning sensation on my skin. The other sunscreen I use daily--Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion in spf30--did not cause any problem. How interesting! Living in the tropical climate, I have to use sunscreen daily regardless underneath makeup and need to re-apply during the day. As many of you know, the Banana Boat Ultra Defense is not designed specifically for the use for the face. But, as it is so light and does not even irritate my eyes, I developed a habit of mixing the Banana Boat and Eucerin sunscreen to apply on the face. This practice has never caused any problem with my makeup products until now. Now I am curious if the Lancome sunscreen would have the same issue or not!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 2:45:00 AM More reviews by maryclaire

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love this foundation. I have used every foundation known to man, literally, because I have extremely fair skin that is both dry and slightly oily and sensitive with pink patches. Everything annoying. This foundation comes in a very light color that does not turn orange (Ivoire 1-C) which is a rarity. It really is not that expensive for how long it lasts and how little you have to use. It really holds up well throughout the day; I never touch it up. I've used this and ONLY this foundation for the past 4-5 years. Highly recommended for those with similar skin issues as me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by FlyGirlLo

This is Lancome's long wearing foundation. It offers decent and even coverage, goes on pretty smoothly, doesn't have fragrance, and gives a semi-matte finish. It's made for oily skin, which I have, and for some acne scarring and redness, which I also have. I've been using this formula on and off for about 5 years now and haven't experienced breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by redhed13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the lightest shade, ivoire 1 (c) wich is a perfect match for me. It melts into my skin and covers well. It does not oxidize like a lot of foundations do on me. The bottle is kinda small and its very pricey but its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I have to say that when it comes to make up Lancome offers some very good options to us.Teinte idole ultra is on of the good products that Lancome offers.But I just can't stand the fact that they insist to re-name and re-sell the same product at the other sister companies that lancome owns(L 'oreal,Hellena Rubinstain,Biotherm,Body Shop,Garnier,Giorgio Armani,Kiehl's,La roche-posay,maybelline NY,Shu uemura, Vichy)This one for example the teinte idole ultra is exactly the same with Loreal's Infallible and the first costs 40 and the second 15 euros and this sounds like a cheat to me!!!Anyway this foundation has nice texture it is oil free and has matte finish.Blends easily and I use the 187 brush by MAC to apply this and works good for me that way.The coverage is sheer to hardly medium so this one looks very natural.The shades are good and the staying power good(not perfect) also.This comes in a nice packaging with a pump.The reason that i m not buying this foundation again is because of the coverage and the staying power on me studio fix by mac and double wear by estee lauder work.look and last much much longer and much better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by court8103

I don't add many comments on MUA but I had to add one for this product. I love it! I have oily/acne prone skin with a little redness and this does the trick. I love the coverage and the feel of this foundation when I'm putting it on. It definitely doesn't feel like oil-free. After applying, my skin looks more even-toned and it lasts throughout my workday. I've tried many foundations and I'm not going to try any more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a 10-day sample of this, and thank goodness I did not pay for this. It really accentuated dry patches and fine lines. It has a thick, dry formula that does not blend easily. The color match (lightest shade available-Ivoire 1) was fine, but this does not work for me. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind offers full coverage without the problems and isn't grossly overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by katebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ecstatic about this foundation. It looks so natural, covers good, and I just don't need powder on top of it, because it's perfectly matte and still without drying effect. On of the best foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SugahCookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I've worn so many liquid foundations, but when I started wearing Teinte Idole Ulta, I searched no more! The coverage is beautiful with medium to full coverage. It goes on smoothly without any tugging, and the coverage lasts all day. I do not need to touch up. I like the glow it gives and in natural daylight, this foundation makes my skin look flawless. I love this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 7:49:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really terrible foundation from my experience. It contains both cyclohexasiloxane and cyclopentasiloxane, which break me out horribly (using this foundation was one of the ways I learned that I can't tolerate those silicones). It melted off my skin after a short time. Also, the color selection in Europe is terrible, the lighter shades are either too dark or way too pink/peach.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No