Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

4.1

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

I'd say this is a miracle product, but I haven't used it long enough to know for sure. All i know is that lines on my forehead are gone. Now, i'm 20 so I dont have any deep wrinkles, just fine lines...expression lines I guess you'd say. Within 4 days of using this, they aren't even there!!! It's pretty amazing actually! My skin is very glowy and it not only feels smooth but looks it! It has definitely faded red marks already and I'm thankful for that as well as hopeful for what it will do with long term usage. I'm not sure if it makes you break out or not because I use BP on my t-zone so that pretty much fights breakouts no matter what else I put on. I do think the combination of a gentle wash, acne medication in problem areas, and THIS cream has helped my skin ten fold. Simplifying my regime has done wonders..because all you really need are the tried and true products, right? The price is fine because the jar lasts a while and with results this great, who minds paying under 20 bucks? I've repurchased already and I'll do it again. :)

I thought I would try this product based on the fab reviews here on MUA...I'm so glad I did! It took about a week for my skin to get used to it (I got a little red and irritated), but thankfully, I never purged or had any huge blemishes pop up! Since using this(about a month now), I have had the smoothest skin ever, and that is saying a lot for my acne-prone skin! :P I have also noticed a slight improvement in the fine lines under my eyes! I love that it is available right down the street at my Walgreens, and at a decent price! This is now a staple of mine...definite HG material!
EDIT: I am now using the AHA gel and have had fantastic results! The souffle caused me to breakout, but the gel is awesome at controlling breakouts!

on 4/28/2007 8:29:00 PM

If you can make it through the purging process, it is totally worth it! I've been using this for about two months and I am just loving the results. I only use it at night underneath my normal moisturizer and I wake up to softer, glowing skin every morning. I only break out in one or two pimples around that time of the month, but this stuff seems to clear them up within 2-3 days no problem. Lately I've been having a few co-workers and girlfriends asking me what I use. My only gripe would be the packaging; I would prefer it to be in a bottle or tube. I also wish more of the Alpha Hydrox products were available where I am.

on 4/25/2007 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I've been using it for about a month and it's made my skin feel very soft and it has eliminated the lumps I was getting from clogged pores on several areas of my skin. My pores even look a little smaller!

For reference, I'm in my early 40s, I have very oily skin with acne, I use topical clindamycin for my acne, I have enlarged pores and my skin is fair. I also get regular facials to help my pore situation. This product, combined with the facials, is really helping my pores!

on 4/19/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was worried about trying this product, as I have very sensitive skin. Surprisingly, my skin did not react to this. I experienced no breakouts or "purging" as others have complained about. It did burn the first time I used it. I've been using it about 3 times a week, at night, since December. I follow with Cetaphil cream. I can see a difference the day after I use it - my skin looks more supple and fresh, but I'm not convinced the product is effective for any long term results. I'm 25 but I had been noticing the lines on my forehead to be more noticeable, and I think the regualr use of this product keeps them at bay. I like the results so far, but I'm not sure that this is a Miracle Cream. I thought it was expensive, but I've been using the same jar for 4 months and am not even 1/2 way through it. I also do not like the glass jar packaging.

on 4/18/2007 8:50:00 PM

Great product. I would not recommend for anyone who has sensitive skin. My skin always looks terrific when I use this product. It is great for combo skin and for skin that can handle this AHA percentage. Love it.

on 4/18/2007 3:11:00 PM

This product is certainly better than some of the other aha products I've used. I think it is well priced and effective. I have had better results with Murad's Night Reform and continue to see the improvement in my skin. However, this is a good alternative.

on 4/18/2007 12:02:00 PM

I cannot express enough how much I hate this product. It has made my skin worse! My skin looks older and drier, plus I now have weird cystic bumps on my nose. I can only hope and pray to get my skin looking like it did before I used this product.

on 4/16/2007 4:54:00 PM

For ref. I'm an MMM with light sundamage the seemingly eternal clogged pores from daily high ppd sunscreen usage. I tried the AHA souffle back before the package redesign and wasn't impressed at all.
Recently gave it another go and love it!!! I've been waking up up with glowy beautiful skin which looks much smoother. Texture is a little tacky and it tingles going on, but since I use it only at night it's tolerable. Slow on red marks, so I use Diacneal as a spot treatment (amazing) which is too strong for full face use.. which is where the AHA souffle come in.

I LOVE this cream. At 45, I've tried my share of lotions on my acne-prone skin, and this is one of the only ones I've ever used that does not make me break out. I wake up looking fresher and my skin feels great! Highly recommend this, especially when you consider the price which is very very reasonable.

Popular Treatments (Face)