MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 1/25/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

You guys have no idea how LONG I have been looking for a concealer that provided a sheer coverage but enough to cover my under eye circles. I have tried numerous concealers and the result would be wrong color, too cakey, not enough coverage. I have no idea why I never tried getting a concealer from MAC since I use many of their products. I am very pleased with my NW30 concealer.

This concealer isn't too bad. I am NC35 and it does what it's suppose to do. It does give me some pretty good coverage, my dark spots and blemishes. Although, I don't have terrible skin, so it does a good job of concealing.. but I wouldn't imagine this product would able to give me fantastic coverage if i had a pimp or acne. And it doesn't cover up dark circles very well at all.

on 1/22/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried NW 25 and NW 20. I thought the 20 would be the best as it has the yellow tone but it was way to yellow. Ended up with NW 25.

I have dark circles and wrinkles :(. My face doesn't scream "concealer". I hate that white look under the eyes and this does NOT give that look. It covers them so naturally. I look well rested and not so made up.

on 1/22/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of MAC foundation but because I really like the color availability, I decided to go with a MAC concealer. I have dry skin and I don't need a lot of coverage so I chose this particular formula that is supposed to be less dry. Unfortunately, it looks cakey on me even when using a small amount. There isn't any coverage at all which is ridiculous considering that my undereye circles aren't that noticeable. There is also no illuminating or brightening effect either. After a while, the concealer looks grey on me. It also settles right into my fine lines. I tried applying it with different brushes and methods but it just didn't work out for me. The only positive thing about this is that it comes in a tube with a wand which I prefer over pots because it's more sanitary.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this gave me pimples!! I am not acne prone at all. I am the type of person who gets 2 pimples a year but after using this for several days straight, I developed a few pimples right in the area where I used the concealer.

on 1/14/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THIS is my first concealer.. i bought it to use it for undereye circle. first of all it sux as a concealer for blemishes b/c instead of moisterizing and hiding them...it hides it somewhat but makes the dry skin on a zit more apparent. As an undereye concealer, if you put a good amount..which i like to do to really get the conceaer to brighten...i assure you it will settle into fine lines and crease so what i do is apply UDPP under and then this concealer. now if i pat on a light application//it does soemwhat brightening.. anyhow once im done with this concealer im deff going to look for a better one.

on 1/14/2009 11:36:00 AM

I had my makeup done at MAC for a wedding a few months ago, and the MA used this in NW20 on my undereye. Wow! It made such a difference in brightening up my overall look. I purchased it and have been happy using it since. It's a thick liquid that blends well with medium coverage. It does accentuate fine lines if you put powder over it, but otherwise it seems fine. I can't compare this to other undereye concealers, since this is the first I've used.

Edit: I've since tried a few other concealers and like this less in comparison. I'm now using Lancome Effacernes.

on 1/12/2009 11:48:00 PM

I really hate giving bad reviews, but with this product I think it's pretty much unavoidable. I noticed that most of the people who reviewed positively about this product have combination to oily skin. However, while I don't have super dry skin, it is on the drier side, and if this product was advertised/named just as a concealer, I would not have given it such a low rating, but it is named MOISTUREcover. I think that it had mediocre concealing effects (I used it for under my eyes) but had no moisturizing effects whatsoever. As soon the MA put it on, it was cakey and made my skin look flaky like it never has been before. I have seriously never seen so many flakes on my skin prior to this. A couple of hours later (I left it on in hopes that it would get better) I noticed that while the cakey/flakiness had slightly gotten better, the coverage had gotten worse.
So overall, I think that even though it is called MOISTUREcover, it would best suit someone with at least normal skin. And although I have drier skin, I'm 19 ...so I don't think that it would suit older people either.

on 1/12/2009 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A SA picked out NW20 for me, which is a tad bit too dark. It doesn't illuminate, it just provides coverage. I wish it were a bit more richer in texture with some illumination. I will probably return this - otherwise I would have to layer it with another product such as a great moisturizer underneath, and then a lighter, illuminating product over the top. Why bother. Update: the NW15 is too light - so on with the search.

on 1/2/2009 5:18:00 AM

Not too bad, but still looking for something better for my undereye, is studio fix better?

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I really like this concealer. I use it to cover up dark circles and it does a good job. I use an eye shadow blending brush to put it on and it goes on flawlessly. I use it with my liquid studio fix foundation. Would recommend.

Top Rated MAC Products