January 30, 2015 | 938 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of MAC foundation but because I really like the color availability, I decided to go with a MAC concealer. I have dry skin and I don't need a lot of coverage so I chose this particular formula that is supposed to be less dry. Unfortunately, it looks cakey on me even when using a small amount. There isn't any coverage at all which is ridiculous considering that my undereye circles aren't that noticeable. There is also no illuminating or brightening effect either. After a while, the concealer looks grey on me. It also settles right into my fine lines. I tried applying it with different brushes and methods but it just didn't work out for me. The only positive thing about this is that it comes in a tube with a wand which I prefer over pots because it's more sanitary.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this gave me pimples!! I am not acne prone at all. I am the type of person who gets 2 pimples a year but after using this for several days straight, I developed a few pimples right in the area where I used the concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ritumoni

THIS is my first concealer.. i bought it to use it for undereye circle. first of all it sux as a concealer for blemishes b/c instead of moisterizing and hiding them...it hides it somewhat but makes the dry skin on a zit more apparent. As an undereye concealer, if you put a good amount..which i like to do to really get the conceaer to brighten...i assure you it will settle into fine lines and crease so what i do is apply UDPP under and then this concealer. now if i pat on a light application//it does soemwhat brightening.. anyhow once im done with this concealer im deff going to look for a better one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by cja21

I had my makeup done at MAC for a wedding a few months ago, and the MA used this in NW20 on my undereye. Wow! It made such a difference in brightening up my overall look. I purchased it and have been happy using it since. It's a thick liquid that blends well with medium coverage. It does accentuate fine lines if you put powder over it, but otherwise it seems fine. I can't compare this to other undereye concealers, since this is the first I've used.

Edit: I've since tried a few other concealers and like this less in comparison. I'm now using Lancome Effacernes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really hate giving bad reviews, but with this product I think it's pretty much unavoidable. I noticed that most of the people who reviewed positively about this product have combination to oily skin. However, while I don't have super dry skin, it is on the drier side, and if this product was advertised/named just as a concealer, I would not have given it such a low rating, but it is named MOISTUREcover. I think that it had mediocre concealing effects (I used it for under my eyes) but had no moisturizing effects whatsoever. As soon the MA put it on, it was cakey and made my skin look flaky like it never has been before. I have seriously never seen so many flakes on my skin prior to this. A couple of hours later (I left it on in hopes that it would get better) I noticed that while the cakey/flakiness had slightly gotten better, the coverage had gotten worse.
So overall, I think that even though it is called MOISTUREcover, it would best suit someone with at least normal skin. And although I have drier skin, I'm 19 ...so I don't think that it would suit older people either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A SA picked out NW20 for me, which is a tad bit too dark. It doesn't illuminate, it just provides coverage. I wish it were a bit more richer in texture with some illumination. I will probably return this - otherwise I would have to layer it with another product such as a great moisturizer underneath, and then a lighter, illuminating product over the top. Why bother. Update: the NW15 is too light - so on with the search.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by 7gAbRieLLa7

Not too bad, but still looking for something better for my undereye, is studio fix better?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. I use it to cover up dark circles and it does a good job. I use an eye shadow blending brush to put it on and it goes on flawlessly. I use it with my liquid studio fix foundation. Would recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by leewilliams

*sigh* i really do like the consistency of this concealer and i am still currently using it simply b/c i cannot find a concealer that matches my skin tone. i had this in an nw shade but it was far too orangey, so i went back to the mac counter and switched it for a nc shade. nevertheless, it still seems to have an orangey-reddish undertone that looks unatural over my dark circles. but i will continue to use this out of desperation until i find something better. and now that i think about it, if the consistency was slightly thicker i would have given it a 3 as opposed to a 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I needed a new concealer, and since the MAC shade the SA picked out for me was so dead on I decided to check out the reviews here and treat myself to an early Christmas gift. I picked the Select Moisturecover in NW20. It goes on very silky and blends extremely well. At first I thought the coverage was way too light but then I realized it is buildable. This covers my dark circles perfectly and it made my eye area look flawless and lovely. Not flaky, not yellowish, not dry - and it didn't accentuate any fine lines (yay!). My one gripe is that it creased a bit right away on my lids but maybe I applied too much. I applied a bit of powder and it did seem to stay better however. I would repurchase this one unless I find something completely better - the price is a bit steep for concealer ($15.50) but it is a great staple piece to have around,

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by kimicooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer gives good coverage and great for under eye area. But it's not the right formula for my oily skin. Within couple of hours it settles in creases and totally starts to melt. Also don't care for the packaging. Wish it was in a tube instead.