Lancome Effacernes

4.1

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan isostearate, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, ozokerite, hexylene glycol, urea, stearic acid, glycosaminoglycans, honey, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, silica, chamomilla recutita extract, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, disodium stearoyl glutamate, centaurea cyanus extract, disteardemonium hectorite, polydihydroxyindole, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 6/3/2008 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Don't know why it's taken me this long to write a review of Effacernes. It's almost like a miracle product.

On the days that I feel like I absolutely have to cover my circles, it does as well as any product can be expected to. It's not a wonder-product, not a miracle, but it's as good as any concealer can ever be expected to be. It doesn't make the lines under my eyes look worse, and it covers my circles as well as anything else ever has.

If you're looking for an undereye concealer, you can go wrong trying this one. If you're looking for a miracle, try plastic surgery.

on 5/30/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it, it stays all day and perfect for my skin.

on 5/22/2008 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this concealer. I am using shade 01 Beige Pastel. It looks very natural. I highly recommend this product.

on 5/20/2008 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was really curious about this concealer due to hearing all the raves and reading all the good reviews here. But now that I've got and tried it, I can tell you that I'm not joining the choir. On my normal to dry lids it's a bit creasy but ok. But under eyes, it's incredibly cakey and hard to blend. It accentuates the dryness around my eyes. My HG liquid concealer Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer never does that though. I should have known that I'd be better off by sticking with it. I have no idea why but Effacernes is very expensive here compared to other similar products so that's another reason why I won't repurchase this very average product.

on 5/18/2008 11:20:00 PM

This product is truly waterproof. My make-up stays put all day and it conceals dark circles well. I really like the consistency. While it is on the thinner side, it spreads beautifully on the skin, providing excellent coverage. A little goes a long way too. It's pricey, but worth it.

on 5/18/2008 7:43:00 AM

After getting such great reviews I was desperate to love this product. I really have tried. I've tried using so many different application methods! Very dissapointing for a higher end brand!
Coverage: I think I am one of the few who found this did NOT last all day. I had to retouch too many times during the day to keep the grey circles away as it almost seems to fade away. And too much concealer looked fake and way too white!
Colour: I am the NC15 but this concealer (I have the lightest shade) is WAY to white. It needs to be more peachy/pink toned to cover up dark circles, because it makes my circles look grey and dull. Also the colour makes it too easy to get reverse-racoon eyes!
Pros: Makes a good eyelid base for eyeshadow. Love the packaging, would last a lot longer than most of the tube twist up concealers.

I will definetely be sticking to Max Factor Master Touch concealer. Much better for me and half the price!

on 5/15/2008 10:30:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I have always had problems covering up the veins and darkness that appears in my fair skin's undereye area. This product is the perfect consistency to cover up well and stay on. The color I use is porcelaine 1. I also love that it really lasts throughout the day. I am a contact lens wearer and this does not irritate at all. I will re-buy when needed, but one tube is really lasting a long time since so little product is needed to do the job!

on 5/14/2008 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

At one point in time I think I devoted the better part of my life looking for a great under eye concealer. I got halfway there when I discovered Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque, which is designed to work with BB concealer to provide complete coverage or can be used alone. It's a little light for me to use alone so for a while I was experimenting with different eye creams and concealers to find the best combination: doesn't sink into fine lines, covers dark circles, doesn't dry out the skin, doesn't cause eye makeup to slip or smudge. It's nearly impossible to have it all. I was not thrilled with BB concealer - not sure why exactly it just never seemed to sit quite right under my eye. I tried Effacernes after reading all the reviews and was not holding my breath. I was very happy to discover that it goes on smoothly over BB Corrector and dries to a matte finish without looking dry or flaky. Good coverage over dark circles. I love the fact that it comes in a hygienic tube (my biggest peeve with BB is her constant use of jars that require you to dip your fingers in). My only complaint is that, as others have noticed, in certain lighting this appears to have a slightly greyish cast. I definitely recommend this product.

on 5/10/2008 11:25:00 AM

Not a bad concealer. Based on the review below, only use it for under eye circles (but that is how I use it). Seems to cover ok and brighten the area. But I have been wearing this on one eye and Neutrogena 3 in 1 on the other and they both wear, cover and last equally. The Lancome sells for $26, the Neutrogena sells for about $6-8. The best part about the Lancome is you get help with color. Neither (nor anything I have tried, but BB Corrector comes close) completely covers my dark circles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This concealer DESTROYED my skin. I have always had pretty decent skin, with the occasional pimple once a month or every two months (generally, hormone related) but overall, it's basically clear. I bought this concealer because I had one of these zits and had to go to a large party which involved meeting my boyfriend's entire family for the first time. I wanted something just to cover that zit so I didn't have to stress about it. The sales girl recommended this because of its heavy coverage, and, yes, for that day, it was perfect and covered up my pimple completely. However, I used it again after that to cover up the subsequent pimples that began to erupt on my face (stupidly not thinking that the concealer was the culprit). To make a long story short, this concealer clogged my pores so deeply that I had to go to a derm and having been using retin-a micro for 4 months to finally unclog my pores. I suffered for months with horrible skin that seemed to come from nowhere, but my derm confirmed that this concealer was the culprit. BE WARNED, I've never had a problem like this with any other product including MAC (which is notoriously bad for breakouts), I don't have acne-prone skin just the occasional zit (and, frankly, I don't even have that anymore!). I would stay clear of this concealer except for maybe special events, or ONLY under eyes.