April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by trisha

This is my go-to concealer for my dark undereye circles. I've tried a ton of different concealers for this problem, and none of them compare to this one. I use Porcelaine I mostly, but have started using the Light Buff because the Porcelaine I turned out to be too light when I saw it in photos. For the most part it doesn't crease or settle into the lines under my eyes, except if I spend a few hours laughing or set it with powder foundation, in which case the combination of the concealer and powder foundation cause it to crease. The tubes last me forever too! And I use it on a daily basis!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by lindzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Covers undereyes great...doesnt crease, smudge, or cake up...brightens eye area wonderfully. I dab all around eye area, not just underneath...dab a little around my nose to cover morning redness. color can sometimes tend to look a little greyish when my circles are really bad, but overall good color. i chose one lighter than my natural shade for a brightening effect. I put a little on my cheeks once to try and cover up some reddness and it definitely settled into the dryness and showed so I will stick to putting it strictly under eyes. Tube is small for the price of 26.50 @ Macy's but a little goes a long way and my tube has lasted me foreveeeerrr...plus, what does price matter when you actually find a great makeup product?? right?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by coutureaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer was my first I love it and it works really well its not noticable and covers up all your blemishes fairly nicely! I am going to try some other concealer because I have heard that the creme concealers are better but I would definately suggest this it is expensive though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only undereye concealer light enough for my pale skin. Lasts all day, doesn't crease or cake and it won't make your mascara run or smudge either, LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after it was in one of the "Best of" Allure issues. It seemed great at the time (seems long lasting) but it looked much too heavy and "mask-y" once I left the store into day light. I agree with some of the reviewers regarding odd color selections, as some women testing this at the Saks counter had unflattering color matches although the SA was helping them. I do NOT wear any foundation or skin "make-up" except for concealer (my dark circles), so it's crucial my concealer looks natural. This Effacernes went straight back to Saks.

For me, the only concealer that lasts a very long time, feels smooth and blends beautifully is Estee Lauder's Smoothing Cream Concealer. I'm 42 and I've been using concealer since I was 16 so I've tried many brands. My under-eye area is quite dry and this concealer blends and layers beautifully, looks natural yet I look so much more "awake" after my morning application. It lasts so long and so little is required that one 1/2 oz tube has lasted me 2 years. If I reapply this at 5pm, it still blends in beautifully with the morning application. One of the "Best of" Allure issues had medical students in residency training (18 hour shifts) try this and this concealer passed. For the "big guns" very tired occasion, I pull out Benefit Boi-ing in 02 and layer the E Lauder on top.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rags227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

::wipes tear:: I found it. My perfect concealer. Perfect color. Lasts for hours. Looks natural. and....... it's waterproof!!!!! I have dark circles and this does the trick. I have fine lines and it does set on them, but just a *little* bit, not noticable- but only to me. It's a bit pricey, but definately worth every penny. I love you Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer. ::hug::

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by laphenix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG undereye concealer! It hides my dark undereye circles like nothing else can--no caking, no creasing, and pretty much stays put all day. I've had trouble finding concealers that are a good match for my skin tone, but Clair II was spot-on. It's a pretty decent size tube for the money. Will definetely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kissxoxo16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best concealer I have ever tried, out of many drugstore and high-end brands. Stays on all day...Stays true to its color, does not get that orangey look. I do not use foundation, i just put a small dab of this under each eye to cover up my very dark circles, and a dab around my nose. My skin looks perfect all day with this. I have never found a concealer that covered up my dark circles so well. I will continue buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by BronzeBabe18

*Cues heavely choir* All I can do is sing praises about this stuff. I use this over my Laura Mercier TM and my skin looks flawless! The reviews about this stuff are true. This concealer does not crease or cake or look like makeup under your eyes. It melts into your skin giving it natural coverage (not too heavy duty, but just enough for me) w/o drying out my undereye skin and even better yet, this stuff really lasts all day. I have pale winter skin (light olive) and clair II was *just barely* a fit shade for me. I think it would work even better with porcelein I mixed in with it for me...but come summer time, this will be the perfect shade. I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by linda_garlandi

I tried so many before! Mac was almost perfect but I've been given the wrong shade ( yellow circles instead of dark) and it was a bit greasy. Lancome one is a bit expensive but it really last and, most of all, really covers. I'm 25 so I don't have to many problems of wrinkle but I tried on my mum ( 57) and it is still great!