Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/17/2009 3:25:00 AM

I was a bit skeptic towards this producteven after reading most of the rave reviews here. But surprise, surprise, I still bought it.

All I can say is this foundation has a very high chance of being my new found holy grail.

It feels amazing, like you have no make up on - looks natural and doll like at the same time and keeps oil away. I'm very happy with this.

This is a great foundation for people with acne prone skin. The coverage is pretty good too. My only complaint is that it's a bit too thick to use on my entire face. And I'm curious but what does everyone use to apply it on their face? I use a sponge, and it kind of makes my face look cakey...so I use it only on my acne prone areas, kind of as a concealer. I use ivory by the way. Anyway, this doesn't break my out at all like other foundations and I recommend it!!

EDIT:
I kind of changed my mind on this product.
When you use it too often on your acne prone areas(in my case, my chin), it will make it sooo flakey and really obvious that I'm wearing makeup. I don't use this anymore because I don't want my skin looking flakey like that. I switched to a powder foundation.

on 9/15/2009 11:43:00 AM

I LOVEEE this foundation, I'm actually so impressed with it! I've never tried any almay product, but I liked the idea behind this one so I decided to try it. And I have to say, I like this foundation more than high end brands I've had (ex. MUFE matte velvet) the coverage of this foundation is amazing, yet natural, while MUFE's matte velvet just sits on the skin making it look super obvious and unnatural. But this foundation blends into the skin and makes my skin look pretty amazing - and trust me thats never how I describe my skin. it stays on really well, and I'm again incredibly impressed with the colour match! and as far as actually fighting acne, I find that it actually DOES kindof control my acne.. like if I have a spot coming in, you know how by the end of the day it will come to a head and look super gross? with this I find it makes the pimple much smaller and less obvious.. I'm serious! oh and the product is runny enough that it comes out of the bottle easily; hope this helps :) feel free to message me if you have questions!

on 8/25/2009 7:26:00 PM

I love this foundation! I've been looking for make-up that's not going to make my face all shiny, run off half-way through the day or aggravate my acne-prone skin and this really delivers. I've got the 'nude' shade and it's perfect for my skin. love!

on 8/9/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I searched makeupalley for 2 days reading all reviews on foundation for oily acne-prone skin and this is what I decided to try and I'm glad I did. Neutral 220 suits me perfectly, goes on smooth and helps with shine. I'm very happy with my purchase and recommend to others as well.

on 7/14/2009 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a 16 year old girl with oily skin and used to be a victim of red, bumpy breakouts that led me to get a doctor's prescription for a specific cleanser and Duac and Differin gels. After a few months, my breakouts were gone, but I still have acne scars and oily skin. I don't need heavy concealer, just something to mattify and give a little extra coverage. I love this foundation because it does just that. It doesn't necessarily keep my face looking matte, but it makes it look a lot smoother and dewy rather than oily. In addition, "Sand" matches my warm Asian complexion perfectly. Another thing I found that works is to put a little clear gel cleanser into the foundation and mix it up. It will prevent oil slicks and also make the foundation a little runnier if you want to thin it out (however, the texture is really good, so you probably don't need to do that). I completely recommend this product. It looks like a tiny bottle, but I got it in the middle of March, and I still have quite a bit left, and I think I'll finish it by the end of August or so. I completely recommend this as a light coverage foundation for people with oily skin. If you have a lot of acne, I'm not sure if this is what you need - however, I would suggest using a stick concealer from Almay or Maybelline if you want heavy coverage. Hopefully, this helps you make your decision on whether or not you want to purchase this product!

on 7/10/2009 11:29:00 AM

very drying formlua ...didint like like the pink undertone...kinda made my skin flakey...diff wont buy again

on 7/9/2009 9:44:00 AM

We all know that foundations are very personal, just as is our skin care routine. What works for one, may not work for another. Well, this definitely works for me. I, like the reviewer a few posts before me, have had so much trouble with high-end foundations because of the silicone content. I used this foundation very happily for a good two years, but though that I could find something better if I paid more. That was a few years ago and the others just don't work for me. I like how light and liquidy the foundation is - it smooths on so easily. It looks completely natural and does not cause breakouts. Not the best oil control, but not bad either. I rather look natural than chalky. Also, most oil controlling foundations cause the worst break-outs on me. I wear this in Beige 240 and it is a great match for me this summer. In the winter I'm a little lighter but usually still wear Beige.

Oh, I also recommended this to a friend about 3 years ago and she hasn't worn anyting since. I highly recommend this!

on 7/6/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this product and I curse it at the same time. I bought this in Warm, and the first time that I applied it, I thought I had found my HG. Just like the concealer from this line, it doesn't move, doesn't melt on my face, and it just looks like my skin but way way way flawless. I also thought that the salicylic acid in the formula was a brilliant idea, since I have somewhat acne prone skin that is NOT allergic to salicylic acid (I use -and still use- St.Ives Apricot Scrub and Cleanser with salicylic acid).

Now, here's the bad part:
After a week of using it, red, swollen, and extremely painful zits starting appearing on my face. At first, I was in denial that this foundation was the cause of it, and blamed it on my other facial products. I stopped using them (St. Ives Moisturizer and Nivea Toner)for a week or two, and the pimples just kept on growing. It was horrible. I looked like a walking zit! I haven't broken out like that since I was 14! I finally convinced myself that this foundation was the cause of it. I was still confused because I know I'm not allergic to salicylic acid, so it might've been another ingredient in the formula that had caused me to break out so much. I took both my liquid foundation and compact powder back to SDM and got a refund (I kept my concealer. It's too good to give up and it didn't do damage to my skin). Thank God I got my $30.00 back. I bought Revlon Colorstay in Sand Beige with it, and I couldn't be more satisfied! I love it.

Would I recommend this to anyone?
Yes, absolutely. Sure my skin reacted badly to this, but I'm still going to recommend this based on the quality of the product. Like I said previously, it gave me a natural finish and is very long lasting. It really is ideal for people with oily skin.

on 7/3/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation, I use the Ivory color and it is the only foundation I've ever used that has not looked orange on me! My skin is very oily, sensitive, and prone to breaking. I still get a zit here and there but nothing like the huge breakouts that would leave my face swollen and red if I use another kind of face make-up. I think it has particularly good staying power. I was in the california heat all day today but it stayed put until I got it home and removed it.