December 19, 2014 | 1422 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by patriciaofoz

I started using Almay Clear Complexion Liquid Foundation just recently. The foundation I previously used was Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation - funnily enough though, that foundation made my face into an oil slick within a few hours. But I persevered with it until I ran out since a) it was an expensive bottle and b) I actually loved the coverage it provided me.

When I finished with my LM, I decided to try Almay's Clear Complexion - much, much cheaper (a definite plus) and I wanted to purchase something that was acne-prone friendly. And although I most of the reviews here saying it made them breakout, I took that with a grain of salt and decided that different people react differently to foundation, so I decided to give it a go.

I've been using it for a whole week and so far, so good. It feels really light on my skin even though I slap on quite a bit of product to cover up my blemishes. The only areas that gets oily is the tip of my nose (compared to the LM foundation, which made my WHOLE face oily). I used Clinique Translucent Powder on top of it and it seems to go well together.

My only qualms so far are:
- I don't like the packaging. After going a year with the LM pump, I do miss just pressing down and getting foundation out. I might try to transfer this foundation to the LM pump, if I can.
- the current shade that I have is a little too light for my skin tone even though I thought I had matched it very closely to my LM foundation - which was a perfect shade. I will have to see if their darker shades will suit my Asian skin tone better

Overall, I'm glad I tried this foundation. It's possible that my skin hasn't broken out because of my new found skin regime. I keep my skin exfoliated and use benzoyl peroxide to keep the blemishes away - so all the credit probably shouldn't go to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've just purchased this product in neutral #220. It's a little light for my light/medium complexion but looked extremely natural on my skin. It has a nice/fresh matte finish, not cakey at all. I didn't wear it all day so I'm not sure about it's lasting power.
I like that it dries fast and doesn't leave a sticky finish like a lot of the other liquid foundations tend to. Light/medium coverage, if you have problem skin like me, it doesn't completely covers acne/scars, so we still need to use concealer. The coverage is still pretty impressive, considering it's light texture.
Overall, it's definitely worth the price, has a smooth finish. It's supposed to heal blemishes, so it won't cause break outs! Personally, I think neutral 220 is perfect for those of us with light/medium skin tone in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a fair/yellowish skin tone.
I bought this in 'neutral' #220 and its almost the perfect shade for me (maybe a teensy bit darker than my skin).
I wear this every once in a while (when I need more coverage than just concealer & powder) so I don't know if it does anything for my skin but I do like this foundation a lot.
-------
* Clear the way for beautiful, healthy skin. This soothing makeup heals as it conceals. Infused with meadowsweet to purify, plus aloe and chamomile to protect from dryness and calm redness. Salicylic acid helps clear blemishes and prevent breakouts. Keeps oil at bay all day for naturally flawless, shine-free coverage perfect for everyday wear.
* For oily skin
* Hypoallergenic
* Dermatologist Tested
* Ophthalmologist Tested

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is okay, but I don't think it does much for zits. It hasn't really broken me out though. It gives medium coverage, which is acceptable for my skin with it's current pimples and scarring. You may have trouble getting a colour match, as the choices are limited. I use ivory, and it's still a touch too dark, but I was in a pinch at the store. I would like to find something better, but this works for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. First off I have to say I'm a mineral fanatic, I swore by them for years and my skin was "okay," I had occasional breakouts that I don't attribute to the makeup, but despite any cleansing routine or whatever they would still occur and I assumed I would just have to deal with it.
Well I was at a closeout store the other day (similar to Big Lots) where I picked up a bottle of this for $2.99. Overstock I assume because I still saw this being sold at WalMart the other day so I know it hasn't been discontinued.
I started wearing it a little over a week ago and I have not broken out once. I'm hypersensitive to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid is the only acne treatment that I'm able to use successfully, and having it combined in a foundation that matches my (very) pale skin tone was incredible. I read somewhere that the percentage in this foundation was so minimal that it couldn't help.. which, yeah, it's not an acne treatment. You're not supposed to glob it on top of your zits and expect them to go away. For me its the perfect amount that it actually *prevents* breakouts, and not enough to dry out my skin. I never had terrible cystic acne or anything; just tiny little whiteheads where my skin just didn't look smooth, and some redness. I haven't changed anything in my skin routine other than this foundation and my skin looks and feels smooth to the touch. Obviously it's going to be different on everyone's skin type but this one is the perfect balance for me. Of course now I'm just bummed that I'll have to pay over $10 for something I once got for only $3, ha...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by angeltearsofthenight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently returned to using this foundation after 2 years of using other high end foundations. I have to say, I have tried every foundation in Sephora and in the department stores. The problem with most foundation is that they contain silicones and usually are quite rich, such as foundations from Dior and Chanel. Sure they keep the oil production at bay, but they cause me to break out like crazy. After two years of switching from various ones, I came back to this one. I have to say this is perfect for my oil, acne-prone skin during the summer. It does not cause break outs at all and is liquidy, comfortable to wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used only this for about two years. It did keep my break outs in okay shape, but it was not a miracle for them. It only lasts about four hours before it looks like you didn't bother with foundation at all, but the look is pretty at first. I would say it was my go to foundation mostly because i did not want to invest in searching for a new one and i do experience break outs with some liquid foundations. I switched to mineral and i'm now very happy. If you prefer a liquid, want some help with breakouts, and can reapply half way through the day this is a good foundation for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 818zkinkychick

When I lost my foundation, I went to the drug store to buy this as an emergency item. So first, it seems REALLY oily on my skin. It's texture is very unique, seems like a mix of oil and water. It says oil free, but wow, 5 hours later I became a shining star. I mean it goes on oily, settles down, then becomes oily again. It covers up pretty well though, but after a few weeks I broke out like CRAZY. YUCK. It says it heals blemishes but thats the last thing it did for me. Did I mention it made the pores on my nose seems huge too? It smells pretty bad as well. I would not buy it again, I feel there are better things out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cute_band_geek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this foundation! For being so light, it has great coverage and never looks heavy. My skin just looks smooth and natural. It has great staying power, I can touch my face without worrying about wiping my foundation off. I have super dry skin with break outs, and it is perfect, my skin is less red and inflammed but yet its not drying at all. Quite possibly my HG, will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had this a long time ago, the package even changed. This is my first make up fundation ever. I was very happy I made a good choice. It's light and dont' clog your pore. I hate fundation that will go on and looks heavy on you, but this one never does that for me. The shade matched my asian skin tone well too (cann't wear pink undertone). I haven't try a lot of other fundation from drugstore brand, but this one has special place for me.