December 26, 2014 | 1939 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 12:29:00 AM More reviews by LAWalker24

Oh I love this scrub. I can't say that I can actually see the benefits of this scrub - but I can feel them. After using it my skin feels so much softer and smoother. I really like the way it warms up as you put it on your face. I dont think the price is bad for how many applications you can get.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 6:15:00 PM More reviews by calicokitty

This stuff makes your skin feel sooooo smooth afterwards. When I apply moisturizers or treatments to my face afterwards, my fingertips just glide over my skin like butter. It also helps my night time treatment absorb much better -too bad I'm limited to using it 2x/week (that's max of all you need for well exfoliated skin). I prefer to use it at night before special treatments and it increases the benefits ten fold - no kidding. Even if I have 4 hours of sleep, the next day I look well rested. At 31 years old, I noticed that sleep/rest has a big influence on my skin behavior - not so much with this stuff. Definately something to use the night before a big day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Iris25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is wonderful. I have I acne prone skin and this peel smooths out my complexion and makes my skin feels so soft. It doesn't really do anything for acne spots though but it's a good facial treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie767

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a "Philosophy Girl" through and through. I use the skincare daily, fragrances and Shower gels. I really love this product and you do get a lot of uses out of the 2 Oz item. I would recommend this product even though it is pricey. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I have found a similiar product that does the same thing for my skin. It is Serious Skin Care C-Extreme Results. You receive the same amount but the price is less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by bhamer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about this product. Please buy this no matter what else you have to sacrifice in your skincare regimen to offset the cost (except for sunscreen, of course). I would pay twice the amount for this! It is INCREDIBLE. It completely rid my nose of blackheads, 90% healed my congested chin, and nearly erased those annoying horizontal expression lines on my forehead (and I was beginning to OBSESS about them because they were getting quite deep). My skin is DRY (live in the desert). I am 31, but somebody thought I was shadowing my mother at work today. They thought I was sixteen. Seriously...AND THIS IS AFTER ONE USE!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to keep your face extremely smooth. I would always get little bumps on my nose and this peel keeps them at bay. I also noticed before I was able to use this how dull my skin would look and I would try to buy make-up to "liven" it up, but this scrubs away the dull skin and your makeup actually looks so much better and your skin brighter. Two things I wish were different: 1. the gel does not activate as well as you are led to believe in the commercials, it hardly lathers up. 2. It is so expensive. That is the reason I will not repurchase. I am looking for something that does the same job but not as much money. I think that if a lesser known brand had put this product out, it would cost a lot less.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

I'm currently using (and loving) the following philosophy products: purity made simple, when hope is not enough serum, hope in a jar (original formula), hope in a tube (eye and lip cream), and the 2-piece microdelivery peel. I don't think it's easy to review individual product results so I'll review as a whole with comments about the seperate products.

I have "normal" skin for the most part. I'm occasionally oily in the T-zone. I'm not seeing any signs of aging at 33. I'm not sensitive and rarely have any reactions to skincare. My biggest complaint is slightly rough skin texture. I do get a hormonal zit almost every month, but beyond that I have pretty okay skin. Since beginning using the philosophy "makeup optional" products, my skin texture has improved dramatically. My skin is soft and smooth. My pores are less visible and I think I have a bit more of an overall glow.

purity made simple: I think this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I absolutely love the natural, herbal scent. It melts off all makeup, even mascara, and it doesn't sting my eyes! It doesn't strip or overdry my skin. I just feel clean and soft after washing. Love it! *****

when hope is not enough serum: Stinks! If you can get beyond the awful scent, this serum has a light, non-sticky texture that absorbs quickly. It has anti-oxidants and even a hair growth inhibitor. I'm not sure if my facial hair growth has slowed at all, but I'll keep using for the other benefits. **** UPDATE: Only my first bottle of this smelled bad. My next two purchases were "fresh herbal" scented.

hope in a jar: I love the scent of lavender. If you hate lavender, you may not like this cream. This has a really nice, light, almost whipped texture. It seems to be slightly pearly also which gives a healthy looking finish to skin as applied. It is not a heavy moisturizer. I'm crediting this for smoothing my skin texture. I don't know if this has a proper pH or % of AHA for exfoliation, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. *****

hope in a tube: I don't have eye lines or wrinkles so I can't comment of how this affects those issues. It seems to keep my eye area nicely moisturized and I'll continue to use it. ****

microdelivery peel: It's a nice citrus scrub that heats when an activating gel is applied. My skin really looks fresh, glow-y and is super soft after doing this peel. Love it! *****

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by CMorneau1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although it is expensive, this is a wonderful product. I haven't bought the $65 set yet....got one 1oz size in a kit and another in a free offer. I love the way my skin looks and feels with this. I just used up my first 1 oz size and I've been using it appx. weekly since the end of March. I'm 29, and I was starting to see sun damage and fine lines, but they have greatly diminished since starting a good skincare regemin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by rah_rah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone on this one. I have extremely sensitive skin with a little couperose (broken caps) on my cheek, so I cringe when I hear the word scrub! A friend of mine raved and raved about this and lent me her kit one night to use for myself. Honestly, I was scared at first because I had no idea how my skin was going to react to this. After I used it, I was shocked!! My skin literally glowed and was so smooth and so soft! It did bother my couperose patch on my cheek, so I just work around it and make sure not to scrub it. The only complaint I have about this kit is that it's sooooooo expensive. $65.00...ouch!! So, I only use this maybe 2x a month so I don't go through it as fast, but honestly it is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by yumi_nono

I love this stuff!!! MY skin was so much softer and brighter after I used this. The results were amazing when I used it on my bf. My bf's skin is oily, acne-prone, with a lot of scars. After one treatment on him, his scars were less noticeable,less breakouts, and the dry flaky patches were gone. His mom, grandma, and his friends all asked him what he used on his skin to make it so much better! and this was after ONE treatment.

this product is pretty expensive if you buy it from sephora, but I got mine on ebay and paid about 40$ canadian for the 1 oz size plus a makeup optional trial kit.

The only thing to watch out for is if you have sensitive skin, because the activating gel might be too harsh, and becareful not to "scrub" but massage the crystals gently on your skin.

I recommend getting a sample first from sephora ( thats enough to last you two treatments so you can see if you like it or not)