August 2, 2014 | 649 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 3:19:00 AM More reviews by gchris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to keep your face extremely smooth. I would always get little bumps on my nose and this peel keeps them at bay. I also noticed before I was able to use this how dull my skin would look and I would try to buy make-up to "liven" it up, but this scrubs away the dull skin and your makeup actually looks so much better and your skin brighter. Two things I wish were different: 1. the gel does not activate as well as you are led to believe in the commercials, it hardly lathers up. 2. It is so expensive. That is the reason I will not repurchase. I am looking for something that does the same job but not as much money. I think that if a lesser known brand had put this product out, it would cost a lot less.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaMC

I'm currently using (and loving) the following philosophy products: purity made simple, when hope is not enough serum, hope in a jar (original formula), hope in a tube (eye and lip cream), and the 2-piece microdelivery peel. I don't think it's easy to review individual product results so I'll review as a whole with comments about the seperate products.

I have "normal" skin for the most part. I'm occasionally oily in the T-zone. I'm not seeing any signs of aging at 33. I'm not sensitive and rarely have any reactions to skincare. My biggest complaint is slightly rough skin texture. I do get a hormonal zit almost every month, but beyond that I have pretty okay skin. Since beginning using the philosophy "makeup optional" products, my skin texture has improved dramatically. My skin is soft and smooth. My pores are less visible and I think I have a bit more of an overall glow.

purity made simple: I think this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I absolutely love the natural, herbal scent. It melts off all makeup, even mascara, and it doesn't sting my eyes! It doesn't strip or overdry my skin. I just feel clean and soft after washing. Love it! *****

when hope is not enough serum: Stinks! If you can get beyond the awful scent, this serum has a light, non-sticky texture that absorbs quickly. It has anti-oxidants and even a hair growth inhibitor. I'm not sure if my facial hair growth has slowed at all, but I'll keep using for the other benefits. **** UPDATE: Only my first bottle of this smelled bad. My next two purchases were "fresh herbal" scented.

hope in a jar: I love the scent of lavender. If you hate lavender, you may not like this cream. This has a really nice, light, almost whipped texture. It seems to be slightly pearly also which gives a healthy looking finish to skin as applied. It is not a heavy moisturizer. I'm crediting this for smoothing my skin texture. I don't know if this has a proper pH or % of AHA for exfoliation, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. *****

hope in a tube: I don't have eye lines or wrinkles so I can't comment of how this affects those issues. It seems to keep my eye area nicely moisturized and I'll continue to use it. ****

microdelivery peel: It's a nice citrus scrub that heats when an activating gel is applied. My skin really looks fresh, glow-y and is super soft after doing this peel. Love it! *****

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by CMorneau1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although it is expensive, this is a wonderful product. I haven't bought the $65 set yet....got one 1oz size in a kit and another in a free offer. I love the way my skin looks and feels with this. I just used up my first 1 oz size and I've been using it appx. weekly since the end of March. I'm 29, and I was starting to see sun damage and fine lines, but they have greatly diminished since starting a good skincare regemin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by rah_rah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone on this one. I have extremely sensitive skin with a little couperose (broken caps) on my cheek, so I cringe when I hear the word scrub! A friend of mine raved and raved about this and lent me her kit one night to use for myself. Honestly, I was scared at first because I had no idea how my skin was going to react to this. After I used it, I was shocked!! My skin literally glowed and was so smooth and so soft! It did bother my couperose patch on my cheek, so I just work around it and make sure not to scrub it. The only complaint I have about this kit is that it's sooooooo expensive. $65.00...ouch!! So, I only use this maybe 2x a month so I don't go through it as fast, but honestly it is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by yumi_nono

I love this stuff!!! MY skin was so much softer and brighter after I used this. The results were amazing when I used it on my bf. My bf's skin is oily, acne-prone, with a lot of scars. After one treatment on him, his scars were less noticeable,less breakouts, and the dry flaky patches were gone. His mom, grandma, and his friends all asked him what he used on his skin to make it so much better! and this was after ONE treatment.

this product is pretty expensive if you buy it from sephora, but I got mine on ebay and paid about 40$ canadian for the 1 oz size plus a makeup optional trial kit.

The only thing to watch out for is if you have sensitive skin, because the activating gel might be too harsh, and becareful not to "scrub" but massage the crystals gently on your skin.

I recommend getting a sample first from sephora ( thats enough to last you two treatments so you can see if you like it or not)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Hutzle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally worth the money.... Feels like a "real" facial in less than 5 minutes. One of the best ways I've ever found to feel pampered without spending a fortune (a little goes a LONG way!).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LanLanC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 50 and have tried 'em all. I got a professional facial last week at a resort spa. She used a lamp to show up sun damage and problem areas. I saw the results myself and couldn't believe it. Almost NO damage. I credit this product for those results. Since the facial was twice as much as this product, I find the cost really great. My son got upset because people kept thinking we were married! I will use this forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2006 2:32:00 PM More reviews by comeondown

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff really carries its best impact upon the first few uses. My girlfriend and I discovered it after trying sample envelopes and we were so impressed with the silkiness of our formerly winter-ravaged faces after the treatment. At $65 for the set, you may gawk - I sure did. I've used mine about 10 times, and I'm about halfway through the kit. I wish I could afford to do it weekly, because I really like the scent, the process, and the results, but I really can't. -- You see, $65/20 applications = ~$3.10 per go, or $12.40 per month, $148.80 annually. Don't let this totally deter you, though; I find my once-per-month applications still deliver around 80% of the effects in terms of a regular exfoliation/detox, especially when used in conjunction with a good cleanser and a cheap masque like Queen Helene's Mint Julep. I could live without this stuff, but life wouldn't be quite as fun. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I usually use it less than once a week. My skin is left soft and glowing. It's pretty pricey though. I may have to try the Oil of Olay Microdermabrasion system and compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ryansmom01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I admit I did not shell out the $65 for the kit. I've been buying sample kits off Ebay at about $3 each. At any rate, my skin is very fair and sensitive (if I run my finger across my face it will leave a red mark for several minutes).

I'm 26 years old with a clear complexion, which would make you think I wouldn't need a peel, but I have a lot of premature aging due to sun burns when I was young, some harsh medicines I've been on, lack of sleep from a baby that wakes up 4 times a night, and some overall sagging due to weight loss.

The results of the very first peel were great. I was so impressed with this I bought the daily pad version to supplement it and within the first week my skin is smooth and tight again. I plan to buy these over and over again, though I doubt I would ever be able to spring for the $65 kit.