Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was a sample from skinstore.com and I almost put this on my swap list until I read the reviews. It's so easy to use and the results are almost immediate. My skin looked so refined and smooth after using this. When I run out of my sample I might make this a staple in my regimen.

on 9/8/2006 12:59:00 PM

I really like this product! I use it about once or twice a week before bed and it makes my skin feel great. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I would definitely buy this product again.

on 9/4/2006 7:51:00 PM

I must admit I was a little scared to try anything related to microdermabrasion; I haven't really put anything in my face other than moisturizer and suncreen; maybe a couple of times a mask. I recently became aware of some sun damage (after a trip to Dominican Republic) so I hope this product helps me with that.

My skin is normal to dry. The results after applyikng this product are quite obvious; glass skin! My face also looks quite...clean! I suppose after a few uses I will start noticing some changes in my sking.

I had no side effects and the whole experience was quite positive. To me, it was just like applaying a mask.
Good product, worth the money.

on 9/3/2006 12:29:00 AM

Oh I love this scrub. I can't say that I can actually see the benefits of this scrub - but I can feel them. After using it my skin feels so much softer and smoother. I really like the way it warms up as you put it on your face. I dont think the price is bad for how many applications you can get.

on 8/25/2006 6:15:00 PM

This stuff makes your skin feel sooooo smooth afterwards. When I apply moisturizers or treatments to my face afterwards, my fingertips just glide over my skin like butter. It also helps my night time treatment absorb much better -too bad I'm limited to using it 2x/week (that's max of all you need for well exfoliated skin). I prefer to use it at night before special treatments and it increases the benefits ten fold - no kidding. Even if I have 4 hours of sleep, the next day I look well rested. At 31 years old, I noticed that sleep/rest has a big influence on my skin behavior - not so much with this stuff. Definately something to use the night before a big day.

on 8/19/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is wonderful. I have I acne prone skin and this peel smooths out my complexion and makes my skin feels so soft. It doesn't really do anything for acne spots though but it's a good facial treatment.

on 8/19/2006 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a "Philosophy Girl" through and through. I use the skincare daily, fragrances and Shower gels. I really love this product and you do get a lot of uses out of the 2 Oz item. I would recommend this product even though it is pricey. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I have found a similiar product that does the same thing for my skin. It is Serious Skin Care C-Extreme Results. You receive the same amount but the price is less expensive.

on 7/29/2006 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this product. Please buy this no matter what else you have to sacrifice in your skincare regimen to offset the cost (except for sunscreen, of course). I would pay twice the amount for this! It is INCREDIBLE. It completely rid my nose of blackheads, 90% healed my congested chin, and nearly erased those annoying horizontal expression lines on my forehead (and I was beginning to OBSESS about them because they were getting quite deep). My skin is DRY (live in the desert). I am 31, but somebody thought I was shadowing my mother at work today. They thought I was sixteen. Seriously...AND THIS IS AFTER ONE USE!!

on 7/18/2006 3:19:00 AM

This is a great product to keep your face extremely smooth. I would always get little bumps on my nose and this peel keeps them at bay. I also noticed before I was able to use this how dull my skin would look and I would try to buy make-up to "liven" it up, but this scrubs away the dull skin and your makeup actually looks so much better and your skin brighter. Two things I wish were different: 1. the gel does not activate as well as you are led to believe in the commercials, it hardly lathers up. 2. It is so expensive. That is the reason I will not repurchase. I am looking for something that does the same job but not as much money. I think that if a lesser known brand had put this product out, it would cost a lot less.

on 7/9/2006 10:39:00 PM

I'm currently using (and loving) the following philosophy products: purity made simple, when hope is not enough serum, hope in a jar (original formula), hope in a tube (eye and lip cream), and the 2-piece microdelivery peel. I don't think it's easy to review individual product results so I'll review as a whole with comments about the seperate products.

I have "normal" skin for the most part. I'm occasionally oily in the T-zone. I'm not seeing any signs of aging at 33. I'm not sensitive and rarely have any reactions to skincare. My biggest complaint is slightly rough skin texture. I do get a hormonal zit almost every month, but beyond that I have pretty okay skin. Since beginning using the philosophy "makeup optional" products, my skin texture has improved dramatically. My skin is soft and smooth. My pores are less visible and I think I have a bit more of an overall glow.

purity made simple: I think this is the best cleanser I've ever tried. I absolutely love the natural, herbal scent. It melts off all makeup, even mascara, and it doesn't sting my eyes! It doesn't strip or overdry my skin. I just feel clean and soft after washing. Love it! *****

when hope is not enough serum: Stinks! If you can get beyond the awful scent, this serum has a light, non-sticky texture that absorbs quickly. It has anti-oxidants and even a hair growth inhibitor. I'm not sure if my facial hair growth has slowed at all, but I'll keep using for the other benefits. **** UPDATE: Only my first bottle of this smelled bad. My next two purchases were "fresh herbal" scented.

hope in a jar: I love the scent of lavender. If you hate lavender, you may not like this cream. This has a really nice, light, almost whipped texture. It seems to be slightly pearly also which gives a healthy looking finish to skin as applied. It is not a heavy moisturizer. I'm crediting this for smoothing my skin texture. I don't know if this has a proper pH or % of AHA for exfoliation, but I'm happy with the results I'm seeing. *****

hope in a tube: I don't have eye lines or wrinkles so I can't comment of how this affects those issues. It seems to keep my eye area nicely moisturized and I'll continue to use it. ****

microdelivery peel: It's a nice citrus scrub that heats when an activating gel is applied. My skin really looks fresh, glow-y and is super soft after doing this peel. Love it! *****

Popular Treatments (Face)