July 24, 2014 | 1001 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This was the first skin cleanser I ever used as a teenager since everyone else was using it. I have since been enlightened. Noxzema contains camphor, phenol, LYE, eucalyptus oil and clove oil. It burns and damages the surface of your skin. The menthol gives you that cool, tingly feeling. For those of you who can't get rid of brown spots and uneven tone, you never will if you keep using this stuff. Some time ago, a skin aesthetician told me that Noxzema is one of the most irritating skin care products around. Not to mention the smell is not great either, and your eyes sting horribly if you get this in them. I will never use this again or let anyone I know use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Luv this especially in the spring/summer when my skin gets oily. I hate putting my fingers in the jar so I just spoon it out,but it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and removes all my face make up too!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my mom bought me a generic version of this at Wal-Mart under the brand Equate. It's a big container. I used it as a facial cleanser and my face felt rough. It felt like a film of this gunk was all over! So I used my regular anti-bacterial soap to remove this stuff. God, how I remember using this junk as a teen and I'd get the worst acne ever! I think it works best for sunburns. But, my mom swears a friend of hers used this as a body cleanser(not on her private parts!:o)because it was the only thing that worked on her very dry and sensitive skin. I may try it as a body wash and let ya'll know how it goes! Otherwise, this junk is going to just sit.................................Update:Using it as a body cleanser and lotion has helped a lot with my dry and scaly skin. Very soothing. I mix it up with unscented lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

This has been a staple in my house for as long as I can remember. My mother has always used it and has beautiful skin for her age. She said she had used it for thirty years or so and she has very sensitive skin and this has never irritated her. I love the way that it smells , but I personally don't use it all the time because I prefer bar soap but it's always there when I need it. I don't like how its in the tub, but I usually apply by dipping a dry washcloth into the tub and then rubbing it onto my face. I know obviously that this has not been proven and does sound a little silly, but I believe this is a cleanser that does help with the appearance of aging skin. I will always keep this around in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ecallaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lather this on at night, use a wash cloth and warm water to remove the product. I then sweep my face again with the wash cloth and cold water to close any open pores. I apply a Rx (Ziana) and a little vaseline as a moisturizer. The older I get, the more I find myself returning to simple routines.

Sidenote: Did you know that camphor oil is used in enbalming fluid? It will keep your skin looking young... funny, huh?
Other uses for this product might include:

1. A night cream
6. As a chapstick
7. Substitute for lotion

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I can't believe they still make this crap. I remember trying this because my mother used it. Noxema and Ivory soap were staples in our house. Neither one helped my teenage acne and both products left a film behind on my skin. I'd use my babysitting money to buy a bar of Neutrogena glycerin soap and hoard it all to myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by plimpkins503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the cream I use for a lot of things. It cleans and leaves a film of softness. You can use it all over your body (AVOID your eyes and privates!!! lol lol) and probably for just about anything imagenable. Its probably even good for household uses that I don't even know about. I think every product ought to multi-task and I think we should probably start a 900 uses for Noxema club! :) I'll start: This stuff could maybe be used also as a wood polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by hmvx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell of this reminds me of when I was a teenage girl, it was the first product I remember using. No wonder I had breakout problems. My mom gave me a jar last week and have been using it, it hydrates but doesn't clean well and leaves a film on everything-including your face. I have to scrub the heck out of my shower when I use it because it sticks to everything. I have not had a breakout in ten years, and this last week I have had four really horrible bumps pop up on my chin- they were really deep and made my face kill !!! lol I don't have sensitive skin and can use everything except noxzema. I think it is great for sunburns- not so great to get a real cleaning. Good maybe if you have dry skin and use something beforehand to clean your face well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this when I was like 10 and wanted to feel grown up... I'd just put it on my face for fun and laugh... then I actually tried it seriously when I was about 15-16 and while it made my skin soft, it gaves me tons of pimples, even when used with a toner... and it smells bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2008 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It worked okay for me. The consistency of the cream was weird, though—maybe I got a bad batch. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then I don't like it. It took a while for results to show up. It also smelled all day, which was quite an undesirable side effect for me.