Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

This is a great cleanser to always have on hand. I love the way it leaves my face tingly and fresh feeling, though sometimes it feels like it leaves an almost waxy coating behind (?). I haven't noticed any effect on my blemishes, good or bad, but it definitely removes makeup well and makes my skin feel clean. I use other cleansers for morning and night, but this is still a great product that I return to every once and awhile. Plus, you can't beat the price!

on 3/2/2009 4:52:00 PM

This is great for sunburns. A few years ago my sister was hospitalized because she was attempting to tan her very white ass. This is the only thing that calmed down her very red skin.
It is cooling, non-comedogenic and leaves you moisturized. It does leave a little film so I cannot use it in the summertime.
Beware: Keep away from eyes. It burns like a mofo!

on 3/1/2009 10:21:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I remember using this about 3 years ago.. And i just bought a mini jar of this a couple days ago.. The smell is kind of a weird mediciney smell, not like any other face wash ive smelt before.. But omg this stuff leaves my skin feeling soft as ever, not greasy as all and definitly not tight and usually after I wash my face my face feels tight.. not with this stuff! I love it!!! I would recommend washing your hands every single time you use this though since it is in a jar, you dont want bacteria in there..

on 3/1/2009 6:05:00 PM

have to love noxzema's classic!! treats my skin better than anything else, save for neutrogena's deep clean. gets rid of the dirt and oil and leaves my skin just right. and the price can't be beat!! though i do wish the texture were a bit creamier...sometimes having to dig it out of the jar while in the shower is a little annoying. regardless, i will always keep this around!!

pros: really, truly deep cleans...and, as said before, great for sunburns or hot skin...i use it after waxing or plucking my brows...cools things down and prevents reactive acne, for me at least.
cons: packaging can be cumbersome, wish for a creamier texture.

on 2/25/2009 11:16:00 PM

I've been using this product since I was 13 and I used it because my sisters and mom did and their skin looked great. In the summer put it in the fridge for a little while then use it- nice and cooling! Also great for sunburns. It burns a little if I leave it on too long but...that just means it's a deep-down clean, right? :-) I'd recommend it to any one, male or female, and especially teenagers who want something inexpensive and effective.

on 2/23/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product occassionally mostly as a shave cream or for sunburn in summer. I don't use it on my face simply because I have very reactive skin and the fragrance and menthol seems to irritate it. I use Pears soap or Nonie of Beverly Hills cleanser.

I disagree with missnat's review below, calcium hydroxide is a lime as opposed to a lye, but both are very strong alkalis and lime is actually used to produce lye. Also, camphor and eucalyptus globulus leaf oils both contain phenols. For those who are interested, propylene glycol is essentially radiator coolant. Now I am not here to say if these ingredients are good or bad for skin, but the reviewer who stated that lye and phenol are contained in this product was not telling a lie.

on 2/23/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Alot of people have used this in my family over the years so I've used it on and off quite a few times- but after not having used it for a few years, I had to use it a few months ago when I forgot to bring my face wash into the shower and decided to use my moms Noxema. While I love the tingling sensation, my face just doesn't feel clean from this, but I think I have an issue with things that don't like foam up, I need that to feel clean. I have really really oily skin and clogged pores so I have alot of mental anxiety about it and I can't stand things that don't make my face feel clean like the soap is getting all of the oil off..Like I said, love the smell and the tingly, but it just doesn't clean well enough for me and I'm suprised it's still so popular- though my mom loves it. i prefer soaps that come in a bar but I don't know why lol I also hate the jar it comes in, it's just a pain and I don't like the version that comes in a pump either.

on 2/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

67% would repurchase?! Y'all got SOME NERVE. This is the utmost BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE.
My grandfather was the first to use this product. My mother got it from him and recommended it for me for my acne and scars. I used it once. God's gift for my acne and scars. Not one line or bump on my face. Didn't use makeup at all. My mother and grandfather look SO MUCH YOUNGER and BEAUTIFUL than others their age. I used it and had flawless skin. I broke out when I became a FOOL and experimented with other products leading to the need to wear makeup in my Junior year of high school. Now that I went back to my love: my face is healing wonderfully. It's true: mother always knows best.

Refreshing, smooth, deep cleansing, flawless feel of the skin. Is not for artificial skin by those other unhealthy cleansers. Only skin that yearns to become NATURAL.

WOULD REPURCHASE IN A HEART BEAT OR LESS! Fantastic product if you crave that natural, beautiful skin without makeup. Fantastic. Worked for me and my family and never failed. Not enough characters to praise this product. LOVE IT!!! :-D

on 2/16/2009 4:53:00 PM

I fell back in love with this cream... I used to use it when I was in my teenage years, and picked it back up recently. My skin has been a lot less oily with the help of this. It makes it look smooth and refreshed! Love it!

on 2/15/2009 1:09:00 AM

I just saw a recent review on this product in which someone said it contained LYE and PHENOL! As an esthetician, I was skeptical, and smelled a "LYE", so I looked up the ingredients and here they are:

Water, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed), Gelatin, Calcium Hydroxide, Camphor, Menthol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine

There is no lye or phenol, and I don't think that any of the above ingredients are harmful to the skin at all, unless a person is sensitive or allergic to fragrance, camphor, eucalyptus, or menthol.There is no way that it can cause dark pigmentation unless a person has a severe allergic reaction to it, and even then, it's very unlikey. I have used this cleanser before, and I don't think it's that special, though it's certainly not bad. I think the smell is awesome, but that's a matter of taste- some people don't like menthol. I do NOT trust the word of all estheticians. Some will say anything to get you to quit using what you like and start buying products from them. Better to ask a dermatologist for advice on ingredients, or do some research online.