Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

2.9

on 5/17/2005 12:33:00 PM

This mascara is awesome! I only need to put it on once a day, and it really makes my eyes pop!! No clumpling lashes either!

on 5/12/2005 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Although this mascara claims to be a "maximum volume" mascara, but the quality of the volume is what concerns me. This mascara makes my lashes clumpy and sticky. Instead of separately and defining, my lashes are clumped into a couple revolting tarantula lashes. I also don't feel MagnaScopic holds curl well either, but I think that's just another testament to what a heavy, almost puttylike formula it is. If you're a fan of Estee Lauder's mascara and are looking for reliable formula, check out Lash XL.

on 5/1/2005 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I received a sample size as a GWP. I only purchased the item to try the mascara and the mascara was horrible from the very first time. It clumped on my lashes and throughout the day the clumps would get in my eyes. I don't know weather the sample was old or had been opened prior to me getting it but it seemed like drug store mascara that had already been used for 2 months.

on 4/28/2005 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this as GWP several times, so this review is based on a GWP size, which some reviewers said that it is actually better than a full size. It is an ok mascara, holds curl well, adds some volume with only one coat, but it clumps if I begin to add a second coat, so I need to be really careful.

on 4/26/2005 8:42:00 AM

so so,it can not last very long!

on 4/26/2005 12:22:00 AM

I've been using DiorShow but just got really tired of it being so hard to get off. Now, I don't think this mascara gives as dramatic results but it does seem easier on the eyelashes. It comes off much easier. I use MK Oil Free MU remover. I've worn all day and it hasn't flaked. I think I'll stick with it a while

on 4/23/2005 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift with purchase a while back. It's one of the best products I've tried (and I've tried many). It makes your lashes very long and thick, and it holds a curl fairly well (doesn't really curl on its own, so you have to use a curler). It's a bit too dramatic for the day for me, so I only wear it when I go out. A word of warning: you have to be careful while applying- don't put too much on, and comb after. Once it dries it looks gorgeous, and you don't feel like you have anything on. A thing I didn't like is that once it starts to dry out in the tube, the effect is not as good (but I guess that's to be expected, need to buy a new one). Overall, a great mascara. I will definitely repurchase.

on 4/20/2005 10:33:00 PM

I use this product to give length and volume to my lashes. I start with Maybelline Lash Discovery with the mini brush to separate my lashes, then finish with this. It goes on evenly and doesn't clump.

on 4/18/2005 4:52:00 AM

Got this mascara as a GWP and have been using it on and off ever since. It's great with volumizing, the color is good, and also lengthens somewhat, but I tend to find that it clumps my lashes together alot and that it really weighs them down...within one minute of putting it on, I no longer have any curl to my lashes. I want something that will maintain a curl, lengthen, and volumize (*sigh*) so will keep looking. Also: I've found that on me, all Estee Lauder mascaras tend to smear and flake and clump. Might just be me though...

on 4/13/2005 3:33:00 AM

I've had a sample size of this mascara for a while and recently started using it- it's amazing! I have short, straight lashes, and with this stuff, I can go without my curler for a great daytime look. Besides plumping the lashes (which it does a avg job of) it really extends and curls mine, so I end up with a "fan" of lashes even without my curler! For a superdramatic look I use it after curling at night. It does clump a bit at first, but with a steady hand and some combing thru it's fine. I didn't have any problems with smudging or brittleness either- will def be buying the full size soon.