October 26, 2014 | 1027 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLilyRhiannon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formulation of this product, any whipped foundation feels so soft and effortless on the skin, and a little goes a long way. My issue with the product is the colour range, I am an NC15-20 and Australia does not stock anything lighter then "Buff" which is significantly to dark for me. I use this on friends and my mother, and occaisionally when I worked in makeup on clients. It's easy to apply, the packaging looks classy, and goes lovely with a buffing brush. It is a little pricy in Australia considering it is "drugstore" and is approx $40 which is nearly as much as MAC but oh well.
Good product, but not for pale girls

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been mixing two shades of liquid Revlon Colorstay (Golden Beige and Warm Golden) because I love the finish and coverage but can't find a shade that matches my NC30 skin. The cream version in Warm Golden seemed like it might be the answer to my prayers, because the liquid Warm Golden oxidizes very quickly if not mixed with the lighter shade. This is a thick cream which is hard to spread. The coverage is on the heavy side and tends to cake in my pores. It does leave a lovely glow to the skin and stays color-true. However, I think the color is a little pinker than the liquid version. If the shades work for you, this would be a good choice. I don't care for the heavy glass jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by liviehenderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Loooove this foundation its very velvety and it doesnt even look like i have foundation on! But its very pricey and the packaging is bad! It looks like theres heaps of foundation in it but when you open it, its half the size! I love this makeup but not happy with the packaging considering price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line--> "Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy." I agree, it doesn't flake, feel or look heavy at all.

PACKAGING~ Glass tub, reeeally annoying packaging but like others haver said, it does look cool!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick mousse foundation.

APPLICATION~ Not very blendable, it dries fast but that's the nature of this type of foundation. Just gotta be fast!

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. Extremely dry, no dewiness on my really oily skin :o And, tight, it feels so tight. I had a hard time getting this stuff off of my skin! It's kind of like, dare I say, paint.

COVERAGE~ If I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and layer it can go pretty close to full.

STAYING POWER~ This stuff stays without powder like nothing I've ever tried.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ This is the rub. :( It's impossible to find a colour for my NC20 skin. Sand Beige is the right tone but the shade is too neutral, grey looking, ashy. My skin is really warm and this just doesn't work, just not enough yellow in it. The shade up is too dark. It's unfortunate.

OVERALL~ I had a hard time getting it off so I'm not sure if that's what lead to my skin being a bit cranky and stressed out after using this but it doesn't matter, I would put up with that if the shades were right. Everyone needs a super long lasting foundation for humid days and other times when you want your makeup to really last.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ Dimethicone , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Water , Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Trisiloxane , Trimethylsioxysilicate , C 13 16 Isoparaffin , Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer , C10 13 Isoparaffin , Glycerin , Salicylic Acid , Tocopherol , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract , Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Serica (Silk) , Alumina , Polyisobutene , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer , Cyclodextrin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Silica , Methicone , Sodium Chloride , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Propylene Carbonate , Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Silica Silylate , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , 1 , 2 Hexanediol , May Contain (+/-): Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation! I have been on a long and frustrating hunt for my go-to foundation. I have tried both high end and drugstore products, with little success. First off, my skin is incredibly sensitive. I must avoid all products that contain parfum/fragrance, because that will immediately break me out. I have normal to oily skin, so I try to avoid foundations that look too dewy, since I can become quite oily as the day progresses. I am a teacher, so I have little to no opportunities to touch up my makeup, so I was looking for a long-wearing product. I heard many YouTube makeup gurus rave about the Revlon Whipped foundation. It took me about a month to finally give in and try it. OH MY GOODNESS...I am so glad I did. When I first used it, I was incredibly nervous that it would break me out, but so far it has been amazing! I have been using it for about three weeks and I have not gotten a single pimple!

Packaging: If I had to mention a con about this product, it would probably be the packaging. It comes in a jar, which I believe looks incredibly high end. It reminds me of the Chanel jar packages. However, the jar is a little annoying to work with. Some people are bothered, because they think the jar is not as hygienic as a pump. I am not worried about whether the jar is hygienic or not, I just prefer to work with a pump.

Color: I bought the foundation in the nude color. I also have the natural beige, which works for me as well since it is almost summer and I am slightly tanner. I have found that the lighter colors, such as sand beige, tend to have a greyer tone to them which is strange.

Application: Being that the product is in a jar, it is a little tricky to figure out how to apply the foundation. I have tried my fingers, a Beauty Blender, and a foundation brush. All work to apply the product, but I have found that using my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki is the best method. I usually dot the product to my face and then blend it out with my brush.

Texture: The texture of the product looks so thick when it is in the jar, but it feels so amazing when it is on the skin. It honestly feels like I have nothing on my face, which I find to be so rare

Lasting Power: This product claims to last 24 hours. Needless to say, I have yet to wear a product for 24 hours; however, I have worn it for about 9-10 hours and it lasts ALL DAY! Honestly, I think it gets better the longer you wear it. The first time I wore it, I was working and stopped in the bathroom half way through the day to check my makeup during my lunch break. I was sure that when I looked in the mirror that the foundation would have worn off; however, it still looked perfect!

This foundation is amazing for me and I am so happy I bought it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mhe713

I wanted to love this foundation so freaking bad but its not to special. I waited months before i finally but the bullet and bought if after a beauty guru on YouTube raved about it. For me to be able to wear it I would have to scrub my skin almost raw and moisturize allot. I even bought the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply it and I ended up not entirely liking the brush either. The first time I used it, it caked up on my skin, showed allot of flakiness, was so hard to blend out, and I choose the lightest shade because I'm very fair but it looked too light on me. The next time that I used it i had just scrubbed half my face off trying to get skull makeup off of my skin and it worked good enough I wouldn't say it was amazing because it still showed some flaking skin and some acne but it felt weird on my face like it was heavy so I liked it even less. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to use it as concealer on my good skin days after I do two more test. My conclusion is that its not dry skin friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Jen2892

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved this but after 2 months it made me breakout horribly. Im still recovering from the breakouts and scars it left behind.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives a good finish if you can find your shade, but it settles into my pores. I've read that the whipped-stype foundations do bring attention to pores. sad