November 28, 2014 | 1897 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by thids13

Must admit I was a little disappointed in this foundation I was expecting the coverage and wear of regular colorstay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by xoBellaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation , i love the coverage it gives and how it wears thru the day.

Pros :
Great coverage
Stays on all day
Doesn't oxidize
Natural looking

Cons :
Doesn't have enough yellow toned selections

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tjjean15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my holy grail foundation!!!!!!! This foundation makes your skin look flawless and so smooth. It blends beautifully and lasts a long time. I've had this since December and it's half way gone! I have 150 Buff and it matches me perfectly :-) It is so easy to blend, I would go on and on but it's just a wonderful foundation hehe

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read and watched a lot of reviews before buying this product. I really liked the coverage and wear of the liquid Colorstay foundation but I hated the heavy feel of it on my skin. I felt like I was wearing a mask. So I decided to would try this out since everyone who reviewed it remarked on how light it felt on the skin...and they were right. Every time I wear this foundation, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation! It matches my pale skin very well and makes it look flawless. I apply it with either my fingers or my Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge, it goes on great either way. I work in medical/industrial cleaning and the makeup holds up the heat (although on long days I may need to used a mattifying powder break).

I hate the packaging. Really hate it. I feel like the higher price you pay for this foundation is because they used a tone of glass in producing the jar. It is bulky and unnecessary. They could have designed a sleeker jar without having to decrease the amount of product you get (which is fine). This isn't a foundation you could comfortably carry with you on a trip. They should take a not from Covergirl's Clean Cream makeup on that one. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by JessicaJanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear the shade Sand Beige in the regular colorstay foundation and am a NC 25-NC 30, but since it is summer time I am probably NC 30. I always have a hard time finding the right shade for me since I have yellow tones and also slight pink. I chose the shade warm golden for the colorstay whipped creme, I worried that the shade might be too yellow and dark.

First thing I noticed when buying was the packaging. It is a heavy bulky jar style package with a cap that twists open. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot of product but that isn't so, it is also hard to see the shade through the jar when trying to find your shade.

The product looks liquid but has density (if you turned the jar upside down it won't spill out), and a mousse-cream like consistency. I am hesitant to try creamy foundations because I have very oily skin and usually makes me look even more oily. When applying, I love the texture and the easiness of applying (using fingers); it just glides onto my skin. Coverage is definitely medium but full can be achieved by applying more.

As for the color, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too yellow or too dark and worked fine for me. And like most people are mentioning this foundation is the type that looks much better after an hour wear because it sets into your skin. Now, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the finish. It is definitely not a matte but a natural sort of dewy finish. I can work with it because it gives me the "natural" look but wish it had more of a matte finish especially since of the hot weather right now. It takes about 3 hours until oil (t-zone area) breaks through, which is pretty good for me. I can just touch it up. It doesn't seem to fade or change color which is a huge plus. Overall, I really like this foundation and will be using it until I find one better. :)

Pro
-Good coverage (medium to full)
-Easy application
-Cream-mousse consistency
-Natural looking
-Doesn't look patchy or wears off
-Doesn't oxidize/get darker (problem for oily skinned girls)

Con
-Packaging (unsanitary)
-Finish could be more matte
-Feels a bit sticky right after application until it sets into skin
-could have more in-between shades

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I have combo/oily skin and this stuff is pretty good. It is not nearly as matte as the colorstay for combo/oily skin, but that is not necessarily bad. I agree with what a lot of people say about it looking better after a couple hours or wear. It does not break out my face and is not as heavy as the regular. I apply with a beauty blender starting in the middle of my face.

I don't really agree with the colors though. I find that they run about 2 shades lighter than the regular colorstay. (i.e. I am a 250 in the regular and I believe like a 330, true beige in the whipped).

Bottom line... I would recommend and I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 More reviews by ExoticAlbino

For reference I am very pale with warm undertones & super oily skin. This was my go-to summer foundation last year. I really like (not love) Revlon CS liquid foundation & this is more matte. The formula could hold up through even the hottest days here in humid Dallas. All day...everyday.

Fast forward one year. I've learned a lot about make up during this time, such as what works for my skintype & what doesn't. I still have a tub of this somewhere in my make up drawer but I never reach for it. I started to lose my love for it when I recieved some photos my friend took of me. The pics really put things into perspective.

I was in SHOCK how bad of a color match this was. The lightest shade, Ivory, is pale enough for me --- but has super cool (pink) undertones. I have no other choice than to use Buff, the second lightest shade. While Buff *is* warm toned, it apparently is much darker than the Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation shade. I'd match it to someone with the skintone NC20...not NC10. :( That was strike one. Strike two came about when I noticed how obvious this looked on me. It's not just a case of a wrong color match...it's also a texture issue. Even in the photos you can see it sinking into my pores. I could spot it from a mile away. As for strike 3? This is just too heavy. I've learned that I need liquidy, light foundations. This has too much coverage & thus looks unnatural. I know coverage is a good thing, but the cake-face look is not.

This isn't a positive review yet at the same time I wouldn't say this is a *horrible* foundation. I don't do well with creme formulas in general. I can, unfortunately, say with confidence that there are worse ones on the market.

If you have oily skin, good texture, small pores, & can find a color match...THEN I would reccomend Revlon CS Whipped.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by buidianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my HG foundations. The first time I wore this, I was surprised at how good it looked at the end of the day. I have oily skin and range between NC30-35 with olive/yellow undertones and the color I use is 320 Warm Golden which is a perfect match. I love how matte it looks even without a setting power and that it lasts all day. The formula is more of a 'whipped' formula than a cream foundation. The only thing I dislike is that packaging-way too bulky and heavy for something that has less than 1 fluid oz. The packaging could be smaller and more convenient for travel/use. Overall, a great foundation I'd repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im NC15 with olive undertones. I have oily skin with imperfections. I wear the color BUFF. Ivory is way too pink and light. Buff is a tad to light but I just set it with some bronzer. I usually wear Estee lauder double wear. I was searching for a foundation with the same long-lasting formula but not as thick. Revlon whipped is lighter in coverage and feels lighter on the skin. Its not as dry as ELDW which is good and bad. ELDW sets and does not budge or transfer. Whipped transfer. Ever if I set it with powder :/ But whipped looks more natural. I have rather oily skin, and I work in an office with AC in front of a computerscreen. My skin hates computers :P and it fights back by getting oily after lunch. This is my routine every morning: Biore face milk spf 50, murad oil control mattifyer, mac prep and prime spf 50 (old formula) and after foundation I use mac blot powder and UD setting spray. When I use eldw, I dont have to touch up. But When I use whipped I have to blot and powder after lunchtime. But I really like how this looks on the skin, its natural and a bit dewy. It has great coverage too. The packaging sucks.. The lid broke after the 2nd use. So I transferred it into a platic jar with a better lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first Revlon foundation I've used, overall I like it. The coverage is nice and the finishing look is really smooth. I like that it doesn't give a mask/cakey look, which is good. I don't have horrible skin in the first place. I do that T-zone, oily nose and forehead, but I do moisturize before application. I use the color 320 Warm Golden, I think is a little too light, but I make it work with the L'Oreal Mineral Foundation on top. Hopefully they will come out with more colors, and I would definitely repurchase!