Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/11/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm used to buying expensive foundations but this was pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation and I didn't like it. it made me break out and it oxidized badly. I still got oily and I felt it on my face. it felt thick and it clogged my pores. when I got oily it just melted and sat on my face looking like a thick oily mess. will never repurchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had to update my last review because I have had a complete turn with this foundation. Before I had tried applying it with a beauty blender, it hadn't worked for me at all. Blotchy application, an spots continued to wipe away as the day wore on. However, the beauty blender with this foundation has changed my life. I'm happy to say I've been using this EVERYDAY for 3 weeks, and haven't budged from my favorite. It's officially my holy grail. Here's why:

I am NC20, oily/combo skin with major dry spots in winter, and hundreds of red acne scars and active hormonal acne that I thought nothing could hide.

Que the whipped colorstay:

I bought it in natural, I believe the 3rd lightest color, and it matches me perfectly. I place my BB into the lid (I keep the container upside down) instead of directly into the container, so it fits perfectly and I don't get too much. The coverage is FULL. Before with my MAC pro longwear, I needed a pound of acne concealer before I even applied the foundation. Now, all I need is a layer (or two, depending) of this stuff, and my face is flawless. No bumps, no traces of red underneath, only a perfect smooth, matte complexion. Honestly, it lasts 14 hours. I barely get oily with it, when compared to a usual day without it where I need to blot every hour or else I'm a flashlight. I've never felt so good about my skin. I need to moisturize before this or else it dries out my face, but yet it never looks dry, or oily, just...perfect. I've never been so satisfied with a foundation. This is my HG winter foundation until further notice. Will definitely keep repurchasing...I think forever.

on 9/10/2013 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

PROS
*Good, buildable coverage.
*Lasts a decent amount of time, but not as long as the original Revlon Colorstay
*Does not oxidize

CONS
*Difficult to determine color because of packaging. Luckily I am always the lightest color.
*Transfers, unlike the Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily that doesn't transfer
*Hate the extra, unnecessary, bulky packaging.
*I have to use a primer to even use this foundation because otherwise it does not go on smoothly. It was just a hassle to have to experiment with so many different methods of application and primers to pair it with. Should not be that difficult to use the foundation.

on 9/9/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Quick background about my skin - As a pre-teen and going all the way into my mid-teen years, I suffered from horrible acne that had eventually covered almost my entire face before I was finally diagnosed with Acne Rosacea which apparently caused my skin to react exactly opposite to all the harsh acne treatments I had been going through. I was left with unseemly amounts of dark scars everywhere once my face had finally cleared up, and on top of that, skin so oily that I would have to blot my face every 20-30 minutes post-foundation (without makeup, it would just be a constant oil-blotting fest for me). Because of my specific skin demands, my choices of foundation were very limited. I ended up becoming a loyal customer of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Matte for 6 years right up until they changed the formula and turned it to dog poop (not really, but might as well have been).

Thus, I was forced to start my search for a new foundation that could meet (or beat) the expectations I was so accustomed to. I was keeping track of how many I tried but gave up after the 10th one and still hadn't come close to finding one that had the medium/full coverage I needed without making me break out more than I was comfortable with.

I did finally settle with using Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily skin after reading a bunch of reviews, but I just wasn't happy with how it made me look like I was wearing a mask and always dried faster than I could evenly apply it no matter how many techniques and brush types I tried.

FINALLY I decided to try out the new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation mainly for the heck of it and to see if there would be any difference at all from the liquid one. OH MY HEAVENS! On the very first application, and for the first time in over a year, my skin truly looked completely flawless. No mask, complete coverage and matched my skin better than any foundation I've ever used. It even covered my ginormous pores on my nose and cheeks (worst part about Rosacea *hands-down*) and would stay like that for about 5 hours before I would notice a little bit of sinking, which even after leaving it on overnight (it was on accident, oops!) still looked good the next day! It hasn't clogged my pores or at least enough to notice, hasn't made me break out and just looks really flippin' good!

- I apologize for this being the longest review ever, I just hope that maybe someone out there who has had similar issues like mine might benefit from my story :)

on 9/9/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My new HG foundation for my oily skin. This is even better than the mineral foundation I was previously using. This is everything I wished Revlon Colorstay Liquid was.

Pros:

- Great color match: buff for an NC 15
- Ideal for oily to very oily skin types
- Full coverage; doubles as concealer
- Doesn't crease around eyes
- Controls oil & excess shine
- Semi matte natural finish
- Sets well even without powder
- Long-lasting
- Transfer-resistant
- Whipped texture

Cons:

- Dries somewhat quickly
- On the pricey side
- Jar packaging may be unhygienic
- Requires makeup remover for removal

on 9/8/2013 7:02:00 PM

I have been using this foundation for over a year now. Last year I was using the wrong skincare for my skin. My skin was often dry and flaky. I was using LM silk creme at that time and the dry patches and flakes were really obvious. When I first applied CS whipped I was amazed. It didn't accentuate my dry skin as much as silk creme. Whipped has replaced LM SC since then. I thought LM SC was HG status and that nothing would compare. Today, my skin is more on the normal side with a few dry patches occasionally. The dry patches are still noticeable but only if you look closely. The coverage for this foundation is light to medium for me because I have a lot of blemishes to cover. But it doesn't look cakey when I add a few more layers. I use my fingers to dab then a damp sponge to blend or real techniques expert face brush to apply. Either technique has worked well but I prefer the brush more for fuller coverage. The staying power is decent and is the longest lasting fdtn I've used so far. It still transfers onto clothing, phone, tissues, etc. but it still is covering a lot by the end of the day. The two things that I do not like about CSW is the shades and packaging. I have light medium warm yellow undertones (about nc20 - nc25 skin.) The first shade I tried was buff which was too light but had the perfect undertone. Right now I have sand beige which has the perfect color but is a bit too pink. The packaging sucks because of the lid. It's plastic so when the little pieces inside break then the lid will never close. Because I'm so lazy I never transferred the product into another jar. So the foundation became thick and dry before I finished it. I also go through a jar of this quickly. There's not a lot of product to last me a month and a half. I'm on the search for a new foundation because of the shades and coverage. I still love this foundation and would repurchase if it had my shade and a fuller coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't get the hype over this product. It reminds me of a Monet... looks great from a distance (and on camera) but looks a complete mess up close. There are much better drugstore foundations out there.

Pros;
Medium coverage
Matte
Long lasting

Cons:
Drying
Heavy
Looks dull and grey (I bought Buff)
Enhances the appearance of pores and lines
Does not look smooth
Messy to apply
Doesn't blend well no matter what application method you use
Expensive for a drugstore foundation

I love this so much! I have combination skin but super oily in my T-zone and it does not make me more oily it helps control oil a bit!! No break outs so far! I love this and I'm addicted to it!

on 9/7/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely the best drugstore foundation on the market in my eyes. I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, so finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate my dry skin is always a challenge. I'm fair-medium with cool undertones and shade 220 Nude is a perfect match! It's a creamy, full coverage foundation that blends great and stays on throughout the day even through sweat and activity- I'd say about 8 hours. I really like this foundation, but REALLY REVLON, the packaging is a nightmare- the jar that holds the actual product is glass, while the twist/spin off cap is plastic. The cap never completely seals onto the glass jar no matter how many times you try which seems pretty unsanitary to me but hey what can ya do. Because I absolutely love my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and have found nothing wrong with it I will not repurchase this, but for drugstore foundation this hits the mark.

One of my absolutely favourite foundation! lasts for a long time, covers up redness with a flawless finish! has a slight dewey finish so i used a small amount of powder to matte my face