November 23, 2014 | 1036 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by JessicaJanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wear the shade Sand Beige in the regular colorstay foundation and am a NC 25-NC 30, but since it is summer time I am probably NC 30. I always have a hard time finding the right shade for me since I have yellow tones and also slight pink. I chose the shade warm golden for the colorstay whipped creme, I worried that the shade might be too yellow and dark.

First thing I noticed when buying was the packaging. It is a heavy bulky jar style package with a cap that twists open. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot of product but that isn't so, it is also hard to see the shade through the jar when trying to find your shade.

The product looks liquid but has density (if you turned the jar upside down it won't spill out), and a mousse-cream like consistency. I am hesitant to try creamy foundations because I have very oily skin and usually makes me look even more oily. When applying, I love the texture and the easiness of applying (using fingers); it just glides onto my skin. Coverage is definitely medium but full can be achieved by applying more.

As for the color, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too yellow or too dark and worked fine for me. And like most people are mentioning this foundation is the type that looks much better after an hour wear because it sets into your skin. Now, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the finish. It is definitely not a matte but a natural sort of dewy finish. I can work with it because it gives me the "natural" look but wish it had more of a matte finish especially since of the hot weather right now. It takes about 3 hours until oil (t-zone area) breaks through, which is pretty good for me. I can just touch it up. It doesn't seem to fade or change color which is a huge plus. Overall, I really like this foundation and will be using it until I find one better. :)

Pro
-Good coverage (medium to full)
-Easy application
-Cream-mousse consistency
-Natural looking
-Doesn't look patchy or wears off
-Doesn't oxidize/get darker (problem for oily skinned girls)

Con
-Packaging (unsanitary)
-Finish could be more matte
-Feels a bit sticky right after application until it sets into skin
-could have more in-between shades

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I have combo/oily skin and this stuff is pretty good. It is not nearly as matte as the colorstay for combo/oily skin, but that is not necessarily bad. I agree with what a lot of people say about it looking better after a couple hours or wear. It does not break out my face and is not as heavy as the regular. I apply with a beauty blender starting in the middle of my face.

I don't really agree with the colors though. I find that they run about 2 shades lighter than the regular colorstay. (i.e. I am a 250 in the regular and I believe like a 330, true beige in the whipped).

Bottom line... I would recommend and I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 More reviews by ExoticAlbino

For reference I am very pale with warm undertones & super oily skin. This was my go-to summer foundation last year. I really like (not love) Revlon CS liquid foundation & this is more matte. The formula could hold up through even the hottest days here in humid Dallas. All day...everyday.

Fast forward one year. I've learned a lot about make up during this time, such as what works for my skintype & what doesn't. I still have a tub of this somewhere in my make up drawer but I never reach for it. I started to lose my love for it when I recieved some photos my friend took of me. The pics really put things into perspective.

I was in SHOCK how bad of a color match this was. The lightest shade, Ivory, is pale enough for me --- but has super cool (pink) undertones. I have no other choice than to use Buff, the second lightest shade. While Buff *is* warm toned, it apparently is much darker than the Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation shade. I'd match it to someone with the skintone NC20...not NC10. :( That was strike one. Strike two came about when I noticed how obvious this looked on me. It's not just a case of a wrong color match...it's also a texture issue. Even in the photos you can see it sinking into my pores. I could spot it from a mile away. As for strike 3? This is just too heavy. I've learned that I need liquidy, light foundations. This has too much coverage & thus looks unnatural. I know coverage is a good thing, but the cake-face look is not.

This isn't a positive review yet at the same time I wouldn't say this is a *horrible* foundation. I don't do well with creme formulas in general. I can, unfortunately, say with confidence that there are worse ones on the market.

If you have oily skin, good texture, small pores, & can find a color match...THEN I would reccomend Revlon CS Whipped.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by buidianaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my HG foundations. The first time I wore this, I was surprised at how good it looked at the end of the day. I have oily skin and range between NC30-35 with olive/yellow undertones and the color I use is 320 Warm Golden which is a perfect match. I love how matte it looks even without a setting power and that it lasts all day. The formula is more of a 'whipped' formula than a cream foundation. The only thing I dislike is that packaging-way too bulky and heavy for something that has less than 1 fluid oz. The packaging could be smaller and more convenient for travel/use. Overall, a great foundation I'd repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im NC15 with olive undertones. I have oily skin with imperfections. I wear the color BUFF. Ivory is way too pink and light. Buff is a tad to light but I just set it with some bronzer. I usually wear Estee lauder double wear. I was searching for a foundation with the same long-lasting formula but not as thick. Revlon whipped is lighter in coverage and feels lighter on the skin. Its not as dry as ELDW which is good and bad. ELDW sets and does not budge or transfer. Whipped transfer. Ever if I set it with powder :/ But whipped looks more natural. I have rather oily skin, and I work in an office with AC in front of a computerscreen. My skin hates computers :P and it fights back by getting oily after lunch. This is my routine every morning: Biore face milk spf 50, murad oil control mattifyer, mac prep and prime spf 50 (old formula) and after foundation I use mac blot powder and UD setting spray. When I use eldw, I dont have to touch up. But When I use whipped I have to blot and powder after lunchtime. But I really like how this looks on the skin, its natural and a bit dewy. It has great coverage too. The packaging sucks.. The lid broke after the 2nd use. So I transferred it into a platic jar with a better lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first Revlon foundation I've used, overall I like it. The coverage is nice and the finishing look is really smooth. I like that it doesn't give a mask/cakey look, which is good. I don't have horrible skin in the first place. I do that T-zone, oily nose and forehead, but I do moisturize before application. I use the color 320 Warm Golden, I think is a little too light, but I make it work with the L'Oreal Mineral Foundation on top. Hopefully they will come out with more colors, and I would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by elenasnow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives pretty decent coverage, however even a thin layer feels very heavy on my skin and throughout the day it tends to settle into my pores and make them more noticeable. The packaging is absolute crap, I'd purchased this a second time due to the cap on my first tin breaking, and the second cap broke within the second day of me using the new one. I'd recommend this for the winter season because it's too heavy, for my preferences, in the summer. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cailys

I actually really like this foundation! I typically just use pressed powder, but I wanted something that would provide a little more coverage on those days my skin needs a little more help. This foundation looks really nice. It feels a little heavy and sticky at first, but after setting it with some powder and waiting about 10 minutes, I couldn't feel it on my face anymore. I do find the packaging a little misleading, I feel like the price is more for the heavy glass than the product itself. But the good think about a jar is you can scoop out every last bit :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I was previously using Almay Clear Complexion foundation, which contains .6% salacylic acid. But now that it's summer where I live (and in a humid beach town, mind you), I've noticed that cream products hold up better on my combo/dry skin. My skin is acne prone and prone to dryness due to the topical acne medications I'm using now (persagel 10 and a prescription). I get a few breakouts, only a few blemishes at one time, but right now I have a big zit on my chin that is nearly impossible to fully conceal. Sigh. I also have a lot of hyper pigmentation left over from my acne. The Almay foundation really only worsened my dryness. While it looked lovely on and offered light to medium coverage, it really isn't for me this time of year, since for some reason humidity causes my skin to dry out. I picked this up, finally, after hearing loads about it on here, on youtube, and in magazine articles.

It comes in a sleek but heavy black jar with a nice shiny black lid. I for one actually really like the packaging. Yes, it's a bit unnecessary to have so much extra glass on the jar, but it looks and feels expensive.

The product itself is a fun texture! It's sort of like a mousse hybrid. Remember the dream matte mousse from Maybelline? It's like that, but a thicker consistensy and less oily. It's really nice, actually. Compared to the new Covergirl whipped foundation, this one seems to have a thicker texture and is less oily. I feel like the CG one is in between this one and the dream matte mousse in terms of texture.

I have the lightest shade, 110 ivory, and it's a great match, almost *too* light for me now that I have a bit of color and am not stark white anymore. For winter, I feel like it will match perfectly. This is great for pale girls like me! There is also a wide range of shades to choose from, but you may need to purchase two if you're in between shades because there are a lot of gaps in the shades (meaning that 110 is much lighter than 150).

I apply it by dipping a clean finger into the pot and dabbin five-ten spots on each cheek and five on my forehead and three on my chin and blending in with a sponge (knock off beauty blender) or my elf flat top powder brush. It gives medium coverage (more than the Almay one) and looks nice. I have to let it set for about ten minutes, so I do my eye makeup before going in with concealer (coverblend by exuviance multi function concealer spf 15) on any marks that are showing through. I don't set it with a powder because on me, all powders looks cakey and make me look dry...almost ashy, in a way. Another way I like to apply it for more coverage is take my real techniques stippling brush and dip it in the pot, then stipple the product all over my face and down my neck. I find that this gives nicer coverage and a more even look, however, it can look streaky, so it takes a little blending.

Wear time is all day for me, maybe a touch up here and there if I touch my face. It controlls oil well and doesn't cling to my dry patches. There is also no detectable scent once on the skin. In the pot, it smells...odd. The only way I can think to describe it is like the beach. If you've ever stayed in a beach house and gone outside at like seven in the morning, you know what I'm talking about. Seagulls, shells and the ocean come to mind with this. Believe me, it's much less pleasent smelling in the jar than it is at the actual beach.

Overall, I actually prefer this to the Almay one. Better coverage and color for me. I like the texture, packaging, and it's pretty easy to apply. One downside it that the glass jar makes it hard to carry traveling, it's something I'd probably need to throw in my traincase vs carrying it in my bag with most of my other makeup on the plane with me. The origional colorstay breaks me out, so we'll see what this one does. But I definitely prefer this to the origional-- not nearlly as cakey or heavy feeling. I can bearly feel this one on. Reccommend.

UPDATE: I now apply this with my knock off beauty blender by prescision beauty (love). I wet it first, squeeze out the excess water, let it sit for around five minutes while I wash mah face and all that good stuff. Then I dip my finger into the jar and some product on the bottom of the spone and kind of bounce/stipple it onto my face. It give a flawless natural look to my skin, and it *never* looks cakey. As if that wasn't reat enough, my skin has improved since using this. Less breakouts, scarring fading gradually. It also lasts all day on my skin (dry, but gets greasy in hot hot weather due to my makeup melting off). I really love this. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this above, but I have the color 110 (the lightest shade) and I am like...paper white. This is a great match for me.

UPDATE 12/8/13: I'm still using and loving this foundation. Dare I say HG? I've also switched up application a bit as I found it tended to get a bit oily on me throuhout the day now that im getting up so early and getting home so late. My skins has been so extremely clear these last few months, only like one blemish around that time of month, so I apply a light layer of this and blend with my beauty blender (I finally got the real one haha). Flawless. Just flawless. I do need to conceal my acne scars with my concealer (Nars Radient Creamy Concealer in vanilla) and set with my Rimmel Stay Matte in 003 natural, but then im good to go for the day, and i just need to touch up with powder a couple times throughout the day. Seriously, if you havent tried this, you need to. It's so natrual, but flawless at the same time. I'm in love with this foundation! Also, I've switched to the shade 150 for summer and now blend the two for daily use- looks much more natural and gives a slight glow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rosyv

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This packaging is all about style over substance. A heavy glass jar holds very little product, is hopeless in your handbag, and is easily dropped (trust me I did it wrecking my basin, bench and floor tile). I have no idea if the product is good or not as it is now in the rubbish, along with the broken jar.

A tube just like the testers might not be as pretty but it would be way better.