Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/6/2013 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff for the winter. I have oily combo skin and I feel like it moisturized dry patches and controls oil too. It is not convenient in the jar but a little goes a long way for me. I think it's very buildable but if you are very oily it might melt off your face.

I feel like it is worth a try sure. I feel like it doesn't break me out either

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I have yellow undertones that makes my skin very hard to match. I have tried many MANY different foundations from drugstore to high end, MAC/Dior to Rimmel, and nothing seemed to stay on my face. This gives me a flawless finish, without feeling heavy. I find it easier to blend than the traditional formula. Colorstay is the only foundation I have found that will stays on my face all day. What I like best is that you can easily add more foundation in areas that you need it. It can sort of take the place of a concealer on lighter, easier to cover flaws. I just add a little bit more under my nose and anywhere else looking a bit red, and it evens me out beautifully. This has become my new favorite foundation. :0) Yea!

on 8/6/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I feel so-so about this foundation. For a full-coverage foundation I actually do prefer it over many others, including MAC Studio Fix (mainly because of it's neutral undertone, I personally dislike the yellow/pink undertones of MAC).
Although I usually wear the more light weight foundations, I opt for this for nights out because of the long-wearing power.
One annoyance I can't get past though is the scent, when put right under my nose I feel sorta.. queasy. Jar packaging is unnecessarily heavy and unhygienic. Can be drying (depending of state of my skin), I suspect it adheres better to oily skin and is an enemy of dry.

Verdict: has its flaws but does the job it ought (good staying power, matte and full-coverage).

on 8/6/2013 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It made my under-eye circles look so much better and made my skin look flawless. I am really impressed and normally I can't stand foundation. If you are over 40 and feel crappy about your appearance, definitely try this. It made me feel attractive again.

on 8/5/2013 7:19:00 PM

I bought this product hoping it would be as amazing as people say it is. For starters my skin is combo. I have an oily T-zone and my cheeks and chin tend to be dry. I applied it and it looked fine. But then I noticed my dry areas looking very flaky! I hated it! It looked fine everywhere else. It does have great coverage though. Good thing is it didn't make me break out that's something good. Anyways, I even tried exfoliating and moisturizing before I applied and it still made my skin look flaky! I was really trying to like this foundation but it just didn't work.

on 8/4/2013 6:40:00 PM

I was looking for a foundation with a bit more coverage and semi-matte finish, and I read a lot of reviews on this and decided to try this. I usually don't like drugstore foundations. I have fairly good normal/combo skin. This surprised me by how thick it is, it has a weird consistency and bounces back like semi-set jello. I think of a mousse as light and airy, and this is not that. It thick, dense and highly pigmented. The first time I tried it, I used my foundation brush and HATED it. I felt like it was thick, cakey, and too heavy. The next time I tried it was with a sponge and it was a bit better. The third time I dotted it on and blended it with my fingers......OMG...AMAZING. Less is more with this foundation and I'm shocked that so little can cover so well and look amazingly natural. The wear is outstanding, my skin looks just as fresh at the end of the day. I use a teeny tiny bit, and it gives me medium perfect coverage and feels fresh and natural. It spreads and blends really well, it has a bit of slip to it but not too much. Honestly this is all I need on my skin, and I'm really pleased with it. I actually like this packaging although it is a bit bulky. It looks a lot like Chanel's packaging to me. You do not get a bit less product than normal foundations but honestly I feel like I need about 1/4 of the normal amount. I think its a good product, as long as it does not break me out I will keep using this!

on 8/3/2013 11:32:00 PM

Ok so I bought this because I had a goooood feeling about it. I got natural tan and lemme tell you my skin looked beautiful and perfect and it really lasted forever. Then.. After a week of using it, I broke out. My nose and around it got pimples and I havent gotten any there since the eighth grade! Quite a while ago!!!
Im so sad that this didnt worm for me. I do want to try buying it again cause its so amazing maybe if i hope it will work(:
Try it!!!

on 8/3/2013 4:46:00 PM

For reference: I have extremely fair skin with subtle pink undertones. It's very oily around the nose and cheekbones, but it also dries out really fast if I don't moisturize every morning and night (my skin is so picky!). I have some acne scars, mostly around the hollows of my left cheek and chin. Okay, so I love the color of this foundation (I'm in the lightest shade, ivory); it blends seamlessly with my skin. However, it can look REALLY caked-on really quickly. You have to be careful to use only a bit, since a little really does go a long long way. It has a gorgeous matte finish and keeps my face matte for a very long time, almost all day (which is a serious feat with my skin). Now for the bad news: if you have any dry patches at all, don't use this. It clings to every dry place and looks absolutely awful. Also, just a side note, I would use a pore-filling primer (I like BeneFit's Pore-Fessional) beforehand because this foundation does absolutely nothing to fill in pores and fine lines. I hope this helps! Happy shopping!

on 8/1/2013 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this product for over a month now, and I absolutely love it, except... it broke me out like crazy! I never normally get pimples and haven't changed any of my other face products except for this foundation, which completely sucks because I want to love it! The coverage is great for every day use, but it can be very drying on my skin, and really clings to dry patches. So anyone out there with dry skin, beware! The packaging isn't great, but it's hard to put the product in anything else because of the consistency. The finish is lovely, it's semi matte and looks radiant on the cheekbones if you moisturised beforehand, so there's no need for highlighter unless you plan on using powder.

I wish I was able to love this product as much as I could, but it's hard to when it broke me out so much.

This foundation is NOT thick - you build up your coverage as required and for me personally, I prefer to use my fingers to apply as I find I use far too much with a brush although the finish is still great. But I think it's best suited to slightly dry, normal and combination skins rather than downright oily or very dry. Oily girls will need to touch up their powder a few times in the day and will definitely need a good primer. It's a brilliant semi-matte cream/mousse foundation in a classy-looking jar so not ideal for travel. Applied sparingly, coverage can be light or built up as required to cover a multitude of sins. It looks natural yet polished, not in the least bit mask-like and lasts all day without fading and requiring only minimal touching up with pressed powder unless you're oily. My skin type varies slightly according to the seasons but I don't mind touching up where necessary. The shade selection is slightly limited in the UK compared to the Colorstay liquid range - I had to buy mine from Ebay and here in the UK it was 15 pounds, hence my rating on price, but it should last longer than liquid foundation as you don't use so much. My nearest match - Warm Golden - seems more neutral than golden, but it looked great on my naturally light olive, tanned skin (NC30-35) in summer and now my skin is NC25 it's equally good, so it's very adaptable once you find your shade, I guess because it's a more natural finish. The difference I saw once I got the primer right was amazing - with Clinique Universal Superprimer it looks fab, strangely with my other primers good but not great, so if it doesn't look that good the first time you use it try a different primer.

Popular Crème Foundations