September 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by stephdev

Loved this foundation. Found it a bit heavy though. I ended up mixing it up with a bit of my sunscreen for daily use.

Color match was perfect for my fair skin and it lasted well. I work 36 hours straight and I didn't look like total crap at the end of the shift.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

I'm quite impressed with this foundation. Liquid CS didn't do much for me, but with summer approaching Vegas and seeing many good things said about this version and how well it lasts, I decided to return to Revlon.

Usually I'm nc25 but lately I'm inbetween NC25 and NC 30, veering towards the latter. I tried Sand Beige 200 initially - too light, clear difference between face and neck. 40ish online swatches later, I went for 320 Warm Golden. I was afraid it'd be too dark for me but it's actually a near-perfect match. It's close to Chanel VA in B30. (To compare, reviews for NARS Pure Radiant TM and Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment say their brands' closest NC30 shades are St Moritz and Medium, respectively, but both were way too dark on me). It's got the right amount of yellow, not pink on me and after wearing this for almost a month, there's been no oxidation issues.

Texture is thick and moussey. I use a plastic cosmetic spatula (you can buy like 20 for a dollar and some change at Sally Beauty) to scoop it from the jar. The jar itself isn't the most travel friendly, nor is it the easiest to dispense product from, but there is worse packaging out there (wide-mouthed glass jars with no pump I'm looking at you). It does look nice sitting on your vanity though.

Coverage - About medium to full. On me, since I'm combo to oily skinned, a cakey finish hasn't been an issue. In cooler weather that may change. IMO, it doesn't look UNnatural and makeup-y, but nor is it the most natural finish. To me, it sits in the middle. Finish on me is satin.

Application - with fingers. Used Real Techniques expert face brush once and it also worked well.

Wear time - Great! Easily wears well through 8-hour shifts, plus more. I wear Tarte's Clean Slate primer and Shiseido Urban Environment face sunscreen underneath. It doesn't keep oil at bay, nor do I really expect it to when I'm outside in 100-degree weather - what I want it do is to stay put and not melt away. Powdering throughout the day is not something I mind. I haven't suffered breakouts from this yet, and I'm acne-prone.

I'm not giving it 5 stars because again, getting it out of the jar can be kind of tedious so it's not a slap-on-and-go kind of foundation and I have yet to see how it'll perform in cooler weather when my skin gets drier (Note: My winter weather runs about 25-30 degrees at the coldest). But so far its a keeper for the warmer months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I love this! It lasts all day, it has great coverage without looking cakey and it looks great on camera. It is perfect for oily skin it has a matte finish that turns in to a beautiful satin finish throughout the day. Only con is the packaging is too bulky and it is hard to match a shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ILove1031

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup. Let me start by saying I have very fair skin; there have been countless Twilight jokes made about my skin, and it's hard to find a good match for my skintone. The lightest shade, ivory, blends seamlessly with my skin. I get medium coverage using this on its own, and full coverage when I put my powder foundation over it. The packaging is a little clunky (big glass jar) and I paid about $16 USD for .8 ounces of product. However, I don't need much of the product to get good coverage, unlike the liquid colorstay, which I needed to layer to get medium coverage. When I first put it on, it felt very heavy, but after I blended and set it with powder, it felt very smooth and light. This also makes my skin look gorgeous in photos.
The colorstay whipped can end up looking cakey, but I've been able to avoid it caking up by blending it with a brush and using a moisturizer underneath. It does stick to dry patches, so I recommend exfoliating beforehand. I will buy it again for the fabulous shade selection and coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok So when this foundation came out I saw all this hype on youtube and every single review I saw had positive views. So I went and picked up this foundation. I first got the shade 320 Natural Tan. While this color had a good enough yellow undertone, it was too light. Then I picked up the Caramel shade and this was too dark. So I picked up the in between shade called Rich Ginger, After first applying this foundation I realized it was like putting cake batter on my face, But I still wore it because it got such great reviews. I thought my skin was looking flawless as I stepped out but then I saw myself in a mirrow in daylight. This foundation is so freaking pink. It made me look sick. I had a yellow chest and pink face. But I was desperate to make it work so I kept wearing it. This foundation made me break out soooo bad. It gave me systic acne. Huge boil things on my cheeks. They were the size of blue berrys. That was when I finally gave up on this piece of sh!t that so many people liked. This was also $16 which is a lot for a drug store product I purchased mine at walgreens. TI did like the packaging though. Thank you for reading my crazy long post.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by yonkers19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first bought this I was SO EXCITED! I had heard so many rave reviews about Revlon Colorstay. Now, I have normal skin, no acne, a bit of redness around my cheeks, and some occasional spots. At first when I put it on it felt very HEAVY. I didn't think too much of it and just blended it out. From far away it made my skin look FLAWLESS. Definitely a satin finish. But once I got a tad bit closer, I noticed that in random areas around my nose and it lips, it looked incredibly cakey and almost patch-like. I figured I may have just applied too much (even though I used a small amount of product to begin with) and just used a beauty blender to buff away. This didn't work, it remained patchy. (Also the next day I decided to wear a moisturizer and primer underneath with very little foundation and it STILL remained patchy) Now when I first applied the product I LOVED that it matched my skin-tone PERFECTLY in every light (natural, bathroom, store) but after wearing it for a few hours it turned into a strange almost purple-ish hue. I have a neutral to warm undertone and it came out purple only after wearing it for a few hours. As the day went on, it turned even more of an ashy-gray color giving me the appearance of wearing a mask.
Overall, I would definitely not re-purchase and after reading reviews of how it may make you breakout, I'd steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorstay is one of my holy grail products and I love this version of it. It's a mousse and I find the color selection more neutral then the bottle. It takes a bit of practice to find the right amount of product to use. The texture of it makes you think you need more then what you actually do. I like to put a little on my finger tip (maybe the size of a dime) and put it on the back of my hand (so it gets a little warm) and then tap it on my face with my fingers followed by buffing it in with a real techniques expert face brush. It sounds like a lot of steps but I find that it really helps to minimize product overload. It doesn't set as fast as the liquid version but it can look just as cakey if you apply to much product. The longevity of this foundation is amazing like the liquid. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours on my oily skin without a primer and longer with a primer. It doesn't last as long as the liquid but it's pretty close. I do have pretty oily skin so it breaks it down a bit fast. It covers up redness and blemishes. You can make this a full coverage but I find that it doesn't set properly on oily skin ( it might work better on drier skin). The shade range numbers don't match the bottle version. I wear 200 nude in the bottle and 220 in the whipped. I find the whipped is more on the neutral tone and the 200 is more yellow. My concealers work awesome (for those gnarly blemishes) with this and cream blushes as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatieedd

Bought this about 2 months ago. I am in shade Early Tan. It has been hot recently and I swear by this i will feel like I'm sweating so much and I come home and it still looks the same as when I put it on. The application makes my skin look flawless although when I am going to wear this foundation I do not moisturize because I found it made me look extremely oily alot quicker. The packaging absolutely sucks if I twist it too right the inside started to crack. I also travel alot and I do not recommend traveling with this. It is glass and if it moves around in your bag you will open it And all the foundation and settled to one side. The only bad thing I have to say is packaging other than that this foundation is beautiful and I will definitely buy again and again!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this after the rave reviews. It felt amazing going on my skin but once I blended it all over, my face looked very powdery even after I moisturized and primed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I am unsure if I will re-purchase this product. I put yes though.

I bought this in Buff which is a pretty good match for my skin for $17 at Walmart.
Pros:
Great coverage.
Long lasting
Good colour choices
Pretty good price.

Cons:
Cakey, even on my oily skin
Tends to separate on my skin even with primer (I use Pixi or Revlon photoready)