January 31, 2015 | 980 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

nc-40=natural tan. Yes perfect match. I have oily skin. This works wonders. Keeps me matte plus+8 hours a day. Use my real techniques brush. Flawless !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by jewelzfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been searching for a less expensive foundation for awhile. I love the coverfx line but I find that it just does not stay on for more than 4 hours. It was breaking up in my T zone because I have combination skin by lunch time every day. My skin is also acne prone so I was very hesitant to try this foundation. I tried the color stay line years ago and I'm not really sure why I left it. I put this on yesterday and my husband could not stop staring at me and complimenting me. It covers my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation very well. I barely had to use concealer with this foundation. My skin looked really good in this foundation! I also live in the south where it is hot and humid and ran all kinds of errands wearing this foundation including chasing around two small children. The foundation did not slide off or break up despite hot weather and humidity. When I applied it I used my fingers to dab it on and then I set it with MUFE HD translucent setting powder to ensure it wouldn't go anywhere. I also like a matte finish and this looked slightly dewy at first. At first I thought the shade natural beige was just a little too pink/light for me. But it oxidizes as it sets. And, I am impressed that after 10 hours of wear this foundation was still on my T-zone and had not broken up. When I took it off it came off easily with a makeup remover. I was worried I would wake up with a breakout. But I didn't. The downside of this foundation is that it feels heavier than I am used to and there is a long list unnatural ingredients that include silicones . But it does not seem to have zinc oxide and uses titanium dioxide instead. This was important for me since I have reactions to zinc oxide. I'm also not sure how much spf this has in it, since it isn't labeled. But, I use a natural moisturizer with spf so it's ok by me. I will report back if it causes me to break out. But at 11 dollars this foundation is a steal of a deal compared to higher end expensive foundations that do not stay. This foundation claims to stay on for 24 hours and I don't want to test that claim. But I am happy that it stayed on in southern heat and humidity on my oily/combination skin for 10 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have such a love hate relationship with this product. I very fair skin and originally purchased it in the color ivory. It was too pink toned for my skin, which is okay because it caters to different skin undertones, but it oxidized throughout the day to a lovely orange shade. I actually repurchased this product once, this time in the color buff. Buff is a perfect neutral noy pink and not yellow toned color that will suit skin from light pale to medium fair skin, and it did not oxidize AT all. i would say the coverage is medium to lightish. The formua is cool but you have to set it with a powder. It does last a long time and doesn't get cakey. Te packaging however is horrendous. It comes in a huge glass jar that's probably 75% glass, 25% product. It looks chic but is very bulky, big, and had to travel with. Its around 12 dollars-14 dollars which s a bit steep.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first purchased this because there was so much hype surrounding it. As a fan of the original Colorstay formula, I figured it was worth a try. I used my Real Techniques Buffing and Expert Face brushes for application and felt that this clung to every dry patch on my face and looked thick and cakey on my skin. I stopped using it for months.

After purchasing a BeautyBlender, I decided to give it another try and was shocked at the effectiveness of this method! A damp BB really seems to sheer out the product to the perfect consistency while still covering surface redness, my primary reason for wearing foundation. It really made a huge difference for me. I've been wearing it to work for long, sweaty, double shifts and it holds up well, although be careful not to rub your face because you may start to rub the product off, but it doesn't just melt away. My skin is a lot drier in the winter so I'll be interested to see if the damp BB sponge method works then but it's a great summer foundation for me-- a mostly matte finish with good coverage but not so full that you look flat.

Like the original Colorstay, I find Ivory (the lightest shade) to be a decent match for my skin. It's more on the pink side but I can make it work as my undertones are neutral.

I can't, in good conscience, give this 5 stars just because it did take some trial and error and I'm not sure how useful it will be to me once my skin turns into a desert again, but I am grateful that I bought it as it's working great right now. I think this is incredibly affordable for the amount of product you get which is packaged in a heavy, glass jar. Compare it to Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth Foundation which is $50. It's even more of a steal if you can get it when Revlon is on sale (sometimes Ulta has 40% off).

In closing, I would recommend this but you may have to try several application methods to get it to work for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know many love this foundation, but I just couldn't make it work for me.

I'm NC20-25, pretty yellow. I knew Buff (150) was yellow, but that it was for NC15-20. Sand Beige (200) seemed to be much more neutral/beige/pink, and I've seen it for NC20-25 or just NC25. I randomly came across Natural Ochre (180) on Target's website, which you can only get online. After doing some research, I realized this might be the best color for me. Indeed, it does seem to be a good "general Asian" shade. That is, light and rather yellow. I would put it at NC20-25, not really NC20, but not really NC25 either. Imo, it is closer to NC20, though an NC25 could wear it. I didn't notice any color change, as it never oxidized on me.

In terms of consistency, I thought this formula felt a bit thick. It wasn't heavy on my skin, but it wasn't as light as I thought it would be. Personally, I just found it so hard to work with. It would accentuate every dry patch on my face -- even ones I didn't know existed. A damp BB didn't help and I've exfoliated beforehand, but nothing seems to do it. To be fair, I have dehydrated skin, and others don't have my problem. In addition, I've always used it under Shisiedo's Urban Enviro cream, which might be making my cheeks a bit more flaky.
I also found that this foundation never quite dried down. It always felt a little moist/sticky on my skin. The good thing is that it had some pretty good coverage. I wouldn't say it is a solid full, but it comes pretty close.

I can't really say anything about oil control or lasting powder since I haven't found a good way to wear this, but I will update if I do figure it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This is okay. It made my skin look really white so I recommend going a shade darker then your usual foundation color. It also tended to make my skin feel dry, however it is a cool formula and might work for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by brandytodd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

To start some people might like short reviews to get to the point,and others like detailed for more info before they purchase... mine will be more detailed for this product!

This is really a good foundation, especially for the price! For some people it might seem more expensive if you are used to buying drugstore products, but if your in between high-end and drug store like myself, it is a good price range. $10-$14 a jar.

Now for the actual make-up. The consistency seems like it would be thick because it does not budge in the jar! And even when you scoop it out it seems thicker, but on your skin it does not feel thick at all! I think that's what I love most, it feels nice & light on my skin BUT still covers wonderfully. I am one who likes medium coverage, mainly for some uneven skin-tone and some redness my skin has, but all light coverage foundation never seems to really cover that! So I've been on the search for a great foundation with decent coverage that doesn't feel heavy. So this would be more medium to full coverage I would say. Full if you layer it, medium with just one application. You could get this light I believe with mixing it with a moisturizer I'm sure.

I am combo - dry skin (I live in desert climate is the main reason for dryness I believe)and I heard this might settle onto dry patches but I haven't notice that at all. What I also love about this foundation is I literally never have to re apply it and it does not make me oily or break me out!

I have somewhat sensitive skin and the minute I tried MAC foundation sample I got all these little red bumps that itched! I wanted to itch my face off. So this foundation does not bug my skin at all. It literally lasts all day; I mean for some girls maybe too long. I don't usually need too long just enough to last at normal work day and errands after. I've noticed though if I put too much on it is hard to get off at night! Which some girls might like for going out, some girls might not if they just want it off right away. Once again I'm in between so I can deal with it, but it would be nice if it came off easier. It never says its waterproof but it could be! I think because unless you are actually washing your face it doesn't fully come off.

I was using Laura's Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation before this which was my first expensive foundation, and was in love with the smoothness and coverage of it..and that was about it. After a couple hours it would be so oily, and wouldn't even last a full 8 hours at work, just sitting at my desk!( and reminder I am combo to dry skin not oily) It drove me nuts; this foundation though I literally don't even have to blot throughout the day. Maybe a random day if I'm sweating I might; maybe oilier types might have to once a day but that's it.

I'm just happy I can spend a fraction of the cost for the same coverage but better lasting power!

The few cons:
Its a little tricky to learn how to apply the best. I use a buffing brush and apply either directly to my face and buff in AFTER moisturizing(goes on better), or put some on my hand and dab the brush in it( also after moisturizing) and brush it on. Scooping it out of the jar can be messy, I use a little metal thing I randomly had and that works to keep the jar and brushes clean.

The jar isn't the greatest, but its what works best with the consistency of the make up. It is a little deceiving because the outside makes it look like a lot is in it but its about average or a little less than average on the amount of product. I've had it about a month now and its probably half used, or a little less than half used.

And the last con is what I previously mentioned that its a little difficult to take off.

Other than that I'd recommend at least trying it and I know Ulta and places let you buy it and if you hate it return it easily.

Hope this helps those of you who like the details!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by luckyhipo

This is a great foundation - subtle but does its job. The coverage is medium-high. Easy to apply, it melts onto the skin and blends well too. The only downside is the packaging - though the glass jar is nice, it is heavy and unhygienic in my opinion. Overall, great product, highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ladies, ladies ... can we get over the pump fetish already? Pumps do not work with EVERYthing. This foundation is just way too thick to work with a pump. You'll only end up with a permanently clogged pump and then there'd be no end of bitching because of that. Thick cream foundations - like this one, Laura Mercier's Cream Smooth fdt, and D&G's Whatsitcalled cream fdt., etc. - come in a jar FOR A REASON. And no, it's not because the manufacturers hate you and want to fill your life with germs (rolleye). It's because thick creams don't work well w/pumps. Try to get on with THAT program. ;)

OK, having cleared that, I have had a good experience with this fdt. Perhaps it's a bit too thick for very hot weather, but it makes a great fdt. for winter. I add a bit of translucent powder on top - as I do w/all fdts. - and it works very well. IMO, it's a good substitute for LM's Cream Smooth fdt. at a fraction of the price.

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation but REVLON PLEASE GET WITH THE PROGRAM! lol we complained about the colorstay liquid not having a pump, so what do they do? put it in a jar with NO SPATULA?? blagh!

but overall i love this foundation, full natural coverage, greatish staying power, good undertones, and doesn't oxidize on me when i sweat...

would i rebuy of course.