April 23, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by fygstone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the shades I tried:
Sugarplum
Lollipop
Red Velvet
Fig Jam

First I'd like to reminisce: Do you girls remember L'oreal Color Juice lipstick, the first batch? It was pigmented yet sheer on the lips and the perfect gloss/lipstick hybrid, it really had the perfect shine for a lipstick.
So with this seed planted in my head I went about trying the Famous Revlon Lip Butters:

Upon uncapping, which is difficult as the lid/cap extends to the base of the lipstick, I mean it is very difficult to get this cap off if like me you do your makeup in the bathroom and often have wet or slimy hands from other product. And the quilted plastic is a bit cheesy, but I find all Revlon packaging cheesy, except for that gel eyeliner w/built in brush.
Anyway, upon uncapping the shades look intense but with a soft transparent melty texture. Because of that first impression, I really wanted these to be like L'oreal Color Juice Lipstick. Close but no cigar, apparently texture and color pay off vary shade from shade. The texture is soft and creamy but not quite sheer. It is truly buttery, unlike the Color Juice (still missing you!) which was lipsticky and firm. I feel the Lip Butters would melt in the tube if I took them to the pool or beach. Sometimes if I apply in a hurry it feels like it might melt off my mouth. I haven't had an averse reaction to Red Velvet or Fig Jam, but Sugarplum and Lollipop left me chappy.

Allow me to continue:
I'll start with the losers first, Sugarplum and Lollipop. Both these colours are beautiful in the tube. Sugarplum is a subtle plum pink shade while Lollipop is the bright fuschia. These two lose because of the high glitter content which made itself very obvious upon the second application. This was full on disco glitter not a mere frosting and because these are lip butters they don't last long so reapplication is neccesary. My lips are pigmented and have fine little wrinkles, the glitter and trace color just sunk into them after the first reapplication and no amount of lipliner /lipstain or application method was going to get rid of the excess glitter. Sugarplum is has more grip where as Lollipop was buttery. They may be nice to use as a topcoat to a drier lipstick or I'll try to use these as a cream blush. As intended these were a strike out.

Now, let's talk about Red Velvet and Fig Jam. If I were 20 years younger these two would be my go to lipstick.They are similar in texture and color payoff but lasting time is different. Fig Jam is a soft pinky brown, Red Velvet is a creamy red brick with a subtle orange base. I apply these over the NYC lipstain pen in berry long time. Fig Jam is stickier than her sister which makes her a bit longer lasting. Red Velvet is a lovely color and for me the perfect red, but difficult to apply without getting clown mouth due to the texture; buttery and slides a lot. Color payoff is big about two swipes is enough for me but getting this to stay on the 45 minutes of my subway commute is a pain. In all these two are good for when I want to look put together but don't feel like it ie errands, grocery shopping, doing the laundry.
Fig Jam lasts a bit longer, more grip and the texture is not as melty as her sister. Also, the color really suits me, this is MLBB.
But, I really tried to like these...I wanted to love these but it's been about two months and I've come to the conclusion; Revlon Lip Butter is an average product. They should have left it in the lab a bit longer, as the idea is great but the execution is not so good. I will not purchase this product again and will stay away from Revlon products until I read reviews here first.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to start out by saying these are not moisturizing at ALL. I have two, peach parfait and sweet tart. Peach Parfait actually sucks the moisture out of my lips.

>>Peach Parfait>Sweet Tart<<
This color is gorgeous and creamy. It feels better on the lips then peach parfait, but it's still not super moisturizing. the color is intense, but the wear time is very short. it is a nice bright pinky fushia.

overall, i think these are hit and miss. i don't agree with all the hype. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by meganmartin123

man,i love these! they are so smooth and creamy and have alot of pigmintation,but they dont like a lipstick on which is awesome. I especially love their large colour selcetion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

in general, i love this product.. the packaging is cute! the scent smells like butter.. the consistency is very moisturizing,wet,and some of them are pigmented like other lipstick.. many people complain that the color doesn't spread evenly on the lips.. however, if you apply on chapped lips it would be turn that way.. it would be even if you apply on a very healthy lips.. my COMPLAIN is when you roll it up, sometimes it' s hard to roll it down.. maybe because the product is too smooth or what.. you really need to be careful don't roll it too high.. so far, i have 5 of them which are : creme brulee, strawberry shortcake, cotton candy, creamsicle, and sugar frosting.. and my FAVORITE would be CREME BRULEE and CREAMSICLE.. creme brulee has a brown undertone while the creamsicle has peach undertone.. but both are nude finish.. sugar frosting doesn't seem pigmented enough but it has a shimmer pinky finish.. BE CAREFUL!!! not everyone suits with shimmer pink otherwise you'll be turn like a zombie.. lol XD
my OTHER COMPLAIN would be the netto of the product which is a very little of amount.. since this is lip butter i think it's going to be extravagant..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I loved these as much as everyone else, but I just find them to be... I dunno. Sorta okay? Definitely not great. And I love Revlon lipsticks, with a passion, so I soooooooooooo wanted to love these. I tried six different shades: Creamsicle, Strawberry Shortcake, Candy Apple, Lollipop, and I can't even remember the other two because I took them back (the only two I kept were Strawberry Shortcake and Candy Apple). My problem with these is that most of the shades are really really blue, sometimes almost white, waaaaay lighter than my natural lip color, insanely frosty, and wash out my pale skin. Even though I kept Strawberry Shortcake, and I have tried and tried to get it to work for me, I just find that it's really unflattering on me. Candy Apple is ok for day time when I want a sheer wash of red, but it actually tends to dry out my lips more than regular lipstick while fading 10 times faster. They seem moisturizing at first, but once I've had one on for a half hour or so, my lips feel tight and flaky.
Sorry Revlon. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My initial reaction to these were that they were nothing special, but I find myself reaching for my revlon lip butters more and more often. I own 3 (red velvet, candy apple and fig jam) and I'd have to say candy apple is my favourite, but I do use fig jam more often and carry it around with me.
What I love about these: they are easy to apply, can layer for different opacities, are moisturizing, the colours are very flattering, basically they look and feel great. Fantastic pigmentation in the ones that I got, and gorgeous colour array. Much more moisturizing than lipstick! And no funky smells (I'm looking at you, revlon moon drops). Classy looking packaging.
What I don't love as much: They don't last a long time, I usually get an hour-2 hours tops. Also, the lid is so long and you only have a little tiny bit to pull the lipstick out with. And of course, if I'm just going for a sheer wash of colour, the lip butters can feel a bit heavy so I go with a different tinted balm or a lip stain.Not much fun in the summer, as they get heavy and melty, but I can't wait to get a ton more use out of them in the fall!
I'd give these 4.5 lippies, but I'll round up ro 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by clara26

Glides onto your lips be-e-a-uuutifulllyyyy!!!! I purchased 001 Pink Truffle which is a lovely mild pink on my complexion. The shine is great. Love this product for day time but it would transition into night time nicely. I would definitely buy other colours and repurchase the one I already have. I love the packaging as well, its really cute and fun to have in my makeup bag. Everyone should try this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sugarissweet21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Strawberry Shortcake.
Color: Beautiful color. It is a nice pink that isn't extremely bright or too light colored. It doesn't wash out my skin or make me look dead. Not extremely pigmented, but it is buildable. I actually like this a lot because I am not really into lipsticks that much. It gives a nice wash of color while still looking like it is natural.
Texture: Very smooth texture. A bit glossy or kind of like a lip balm. I would say the texture feels a bit like the Nivea moisture lip balm. It glides on nicely and doesn't dry into any cracks in your lips.
Packaging: Grrrr. I love the looks of the package. It's helpful to have the outer shell to match the color of the lipstick. I don't enjoy opening the package. It's hard to open because there is so little to hold onto on the one end. But I guess I'll just have to suffer with that. Beauty is pain, right?
Staying power: Lasts about 1.5 hours. Not too great, but because it is so much like a gloss or lip balm, it hardly takes any effort to reapply. Also, adding extra layers will not make it look clumpy or give you that "dead skin" lip look.
Overall: I would definitely recommend this product. I actually got this for a little over four dollars with a coupon and a store discount. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but if you wait for a sale, it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just love these lip butters!!! I have nine of them now, and I wear at least one of them every single day. They are moisturizing, but have the color of lipstick, and I hate lipstick b/c they are usually very drying. But these lip butters are nice and feel great on my lips. I never have had any problems with them. They apply evenly on me, don't ball up around the edges of my lips when they wear off, and they don't leave dry, flaky patches on my lips like lipsticks do. Before these, i was strictly a lipgloss girl. So you know that if i am wearing these everyday, they have to be great!! I already have two backups of my favorite lip butters, and I will definalty be repurchasing as long as they make these!! And what's even better, I have some verrrry sheer lipglosses that i wasn't really a fan of, but when i wear a lip butter under a gloss like that, it is so beautiful and glossy. These are GREAT!! I definaltey reccomend!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Revlon lip butters remind me of Mac creme sheen lipsticks. They have a very glossy shine to them and are very pigmented. Some reviewers have described these lipsticks as tinted lip balms but in my opinion that is not a correct comparison. Aside from the glossy shine these lipsticks have, I don't particularly find them all too moisturizing. You really need to exfoliate your lips before applying any of these lips sticks as they tend to cling to chapped lips. The wear time for these are about 2 hours but you could extend this by wearing a lip liner underneath them. In Australia these retail for $21, which in my opinion is ridiculous, I had to purchase mine on Ebay so the price was still much higher then to be desired.