September 30, 2014 | 972 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I bought this in creme burlee I love nude lips... I thought this might be a little to brown to pull off a nude but it's perfect. Not a pale nude but still a nude. I put chap stick first so my lips don't dry doesn't look good with a nude lip...doesnt stay on all that long but I sill like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by TomYum

I purchased the Peach Parfait at my local drugstore and I would have to say that it had a LOT of glitter. When I say a lot, I'm saying I could actually feel the grittiness of the lip butter as I was applying it on my lips. Everyone has different tastes so if glitter is for you, definitely purchase this colour! The colour of the lip balm was stunning and gave a nice contrast to my pale complexion. I'll try other colours that people have been raving about and that isn't so glittery. I give this lip butter a definite buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm just going to cut right to the point ---
You cannot go wrong with ANY of these colours. I honestly believe any human being out there of any race, could find at least ONE colour in this collection that would suit their skin tone, or basically just suit them
I have strawberry shortcake (gorgeous, creamy, mid-tone pink, definitely not a pale pink, but not a dark pink either, just a very natural looking brightish pink) and creamsicle (glossy nude colour, definitely no pink undertones, more of a soft coral/peachy colour, pretty pale). I can make both of these lip butters work for different occasions.
Strawberry shortcake is a perfect everyday pink colour. It will stay on your lips for a long time, without "caking" or settling in to fine lines.
Creamsicle is more of a colour I think for when you have a VERY dark blackish smokey eye. Because this colour will definitely make your eyes pop. It is so glossy/creamy and nude. If you like that for everyday wear, definitely check it out.
All in all, will definitely repurchase, and I think the next colours I've got my eyes on are tutti fruity, peach parfait, and sweet tart! Those 3 i've had my eyes on for a while.
Oh man, I truly love these! :) Will most definitely (without question) repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lovecondish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the peach color, and the color would have been perfect if it wasnít for all the glitter! It wasnít shimmer, it was chunks of sparkles and it just looked cakey. When blotted it was better, but still looked pretty ridiculous. Iím sure the non-glitter ones are great!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NigheanRuadh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really excited to try this since the regular Colorburst is a great product. And I had high expectations based on that. Maybe I am just used to using lipstick and not glosses or tints, but I just do not get the love for this. I've tried several colors, using lip liners, primers etc. The color on all 6 that I have tried fades within an hour. And reapplying doesn't seem to help that. The colors are lovely, and the texture is nice, but they just do not last on me. :( I do love the packaging, the quilted cap is back, and I love the jelly look to it. If they make the tints last longer, I'll go back to them, but in the mean time, it's cream lipsticks for this gal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In recent years I've become a lipstick junkie and when the Revlon Lipbutters hit the shelves I couldn't help myself and bought one in every colour (not all at once of course!). For the most part I love them. I don't think they're the holy grail of lip products though and while I bought in to the hype, I think Revlon could really make some improvements. I find that the consistency and formula differs between lip butters for different colours. Some are thin and transparent looking whilst other colours are really opaque and pigmented. Whilst most are moist and feel nice on the lip, a few feel kind of sticky, and others feel dry on the lip. At $21.95AUD each, I find these pretty pricey considering how little you get in the tube and the inconsistencies between each one. I don't find any to be particularly moisturising but I usually wear a lip balm underneath. On the flip side I love the packaging (even if it is kinda cheap looking). I love the wide selection of colours, and I love the window in the top (even though I store all my lipsticks upside down so I can read the labels). I like the smell of all the lip butters and the application is mostly good. My favourite lipbutters are: creme brulee, pink truffle, macaroon (I bought when I was in Singapore-haven't seen it in Aus), berry smoothie and strawberry shortcake. I will definitely be buying back ups of my favourite colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love the way this moisturizes my lips! i love the coverage this gives, too! it gives me the perfect shine. lip balm, lip stick and lip color all in one: ) i have mine in red velvet but i'm really tempted to get all the other colors. i hope this line stays forever...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I would highly recommend the darker shades of these - they are very pigmented and moisturising and I find they last a long time for what they are. When they do fade, I find they leave a subtle stain which is handy since it means you don't need to reapply like crazy.
The lighter shades though are very sheer from what I could tell and not worth the money. They are basically a slightly tinted lip balm that is not as moisturising as a lip balm...
I've got these in Pink Truffle and Raspberry Pie and I'm very happy with both, but Pink Truffle would have to be my favourite and I've already repurchased it :) Great day to day colour in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by audaxinlucem

Highly recommend it--the color payoff is great. I hate lipsticks and gloss for everyday wear--this is a great in-between kind of product. I got 025-Peach Parfait which I thought would be a good nude color but it actually has some shimmer in it which was surprising. It even leaves a minty feel afterward! I had to search high and low for this color and noticed how quickly this product goes off the shelf!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by DonaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am adding my praise to the Lip Butter line. Am already on my second tube of Berry Smoothie - a great all-purpose color, and also have Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait. I normally look awful in anything with even a hint of orange, so the Peach is my HG of this type. These are soft and need to be reapplied often, as other MUers have noted, so try to pick these up on sale or w/a coupon.