November 28, 2014 | 1986 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this product. I have always trusted Chanel's makeup, perfumes, and skincare, and really wanted to add one of their foundations to my makeup wardrobe. I have dry, sensitive skin, but I've never had acne; in fact, I rarely ever break out, and when I do, the blemish never lasts long.

Two days of wearing this foundation resulted in three painful zits on my chin, jawline, and nose. Yup, count me in on the cystic acne group! I cannot fathom what's in this that gave my skin such trouble, but all I know is I'm avoiding it like the plague from now on! I'm really disappointed; no one would ever expect such sub-par results from anything by Chanel. My skin is notoriously fussy, but since so many other people have had the same issue, it looks like Chanel needs to reformulate this product... or people with sensitive skin need to keep clear!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this stuff is amazing for the summer months, but I will note that it's lasting power could be improved.

I'm NC20, and found that B10 was actually the better route versus B20 since it runs a bit dark IMO, and with the possibility of oxidation, it just seemed like the better choice. Application is fast and smooth with this stuff. I don't really like using my fingers so instead, I apply with a damp peep sponge (by Sonia Kashuk). I really love it's dewy, natural finish so I actually do not set it. I understand that setting it could make it last longer, however with my skin, it really doesn't make a big difference.

I marked it down a notch given its price point (ugh, Chanel...) and the teensy bottle size. I also think that the woodsy yet rosey smell (although it dissipates fast) could be nixed, as well. I might move on to try the recommended Shiseido liquid sun protection next, as it's a few bucks cheaper and offers higher sun protection.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by mokinamolko

For me, this is the best summer foundation that I own! It goes so light on the skin, altho it gives a very decent coverage. It lasts, the finish is beautiful, the only downside for me is the price. I will buy it again, for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by nyousha1376

I love this foundation, it super light on ur skin but it also gives a decent coverage, it was pretty pricy though! still, i think its one of the best foundations I've ever tried, and I've tried a bunch of different foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Linlovesxo

Being a huge fan of the original vitalumiere, I thought I was going to be completely in love with this product. But I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely foundation- so easy to work with, super natural finish. However, I cannot get passed the scent. I highly, highly recommend getting a sample before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmmm. I like this foundation. I do. But is it worth spending the money on again? I truly believe that foundations purchased at the department store are way better than drugstore brands. And the higher end, the better, usually. That's based on my many years of experience trying different foundations. But that's just me. Would I repurchase this product again? No. And the reason is, is there is something way better out there, I just know it. This foundation is nice, it provides medium coverage at best, it stays on pretty well, and it contains spf. The texture is thin and a tad watery, but it spreads evenly and looks rather natural on my skin. I don't care for the smell, though. And I have found upon looking at pictures of myself taken when I'm wearing this foundation that I look pasty and have that whitish cast, probably due to the spf. It comes in a plastic squeeze bottle, which is okay, but I do prefer a pump for foundations. Not bad, but not superior, either. I suggest if you're looking for a good high end foundation, shop around before buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this foundation ! I purchased it in January this year and still have a lot of it left ! A little goes along way with this product and it is very blendable. I used it a lot through out spring time when it was getting a little too warm to wear a full coverage foundation. As I have oily skin I was worried about this foundation making me break out as I had read reviews online prior to purchasing it and found a lot of girls had discovered this foundation had caused breakouts. This was not the case with me and I found it didn't break me out. I love how small and compact the packaging is, it's great for travelling and I love that the packaging is plastic and not glas.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use Lancome Teint Miracle (which I LOVE & would recommend to anyone), but I decided to play around with some foundations. Chanel's Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation is great. It leaves a natural finish; however, it took me a while to figure out how to accomplish this "natural finish." I originally applied the foundation with a brush, but I have learned over time that it's best when applied with your hands. The only downsides to this foundation are that it's expensive and the packaging is also somewhat annoying. Anyway- overall, I'd repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really love the finish when using this. It's light in coverage but gives me the healthy skin look. It's not sticky. My skin feel fresh when using this. However it does not last. Doesn't matter if you set it with powder or not. Last 4 hours max on my combination skin. I will repurchase just because I enjoy the glowy finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by keiragill

Initially I wrote a really good review about this but.. after using it often, I have come to a decision that I will not repurchase this again. I know it shows up great on the face, its semi dewy and luminous. Just beautiful on the skin.

After using it for some time, I started getting a bit more pimples than usual. I blamed it on everything else rather than this foundation (e.g. the weather, my facial wash,etc). It got a bit bad and thought it could be the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua afterall. I took a weeks break from the foundation and my skin pretty much cleared up.

I went back to this foundation and after a day of use, I got 3 spots on my cheeks now! I tried so hard to love this foundation but it leaves me spots :( In search of a new foundation now :'(