Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 10/14/2012 6:43:00 PM

Love this product. The fact that it is water based is fantastic for my acne prone skin. This, among very few others, will not make my skin breakout and feels very comfortable on your skin. I do find that a setting powder is needed for an all day finish, although that takes minimal effort. I found the best way to apply this product was with my fingers. I warm the product in the palm of my hand, and use my two fingers to apply the product. A moisturizer underneath is necessary, although it does have SPF 15, so an additional sunscreen in your base is not needed (unless you're someone like me with very fair skin that burns quite easily). I find applying this product with a brush creates quite a streaky finish unless you feel like spending an extra couple of minutes making sure to buff and blend out all your edges and contours.

Overall: Great product! Good for the days where you're running late and need to quickly apply your makeup with minimal fuss and mess.

Tips: SHAKE VERY WELL. Because this product is water based, if you do not shake the container and mix the product before squeezing out of the bottle, the water and pigments separate.

on 10/12/2012 5:37:00 PM

OK, it's expensive. It is.
.... But that being said... I have to admit it's also the best foundation I have purchased so far. The way it blends into the skin is just amazing! It is like it BECOMES your skin! I look as if I'm not wearing anything at all.
The way I apply it (my colour is B10 for NC15 skin btw) is using finger tipps .. and you only need the tiniest amount... and then I set with mac mineralize skinfinish natural (in whatever colour just suits my skin... light in winter/medium in summer) AND (most important for flawless look!)... spritz some clinique moisture surge spray or even just water on my face and voila!!!! Perfect skin... and no makeup detectable!!!

I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this new foundation routine. I might even sell all my high coverage foundations. I find with this I do not need them. Surprisingly!!!

But still, 45 euros is a lot for a foundation. ... But to me it's worth it. I doubt I'll ever find a cheaper product that will yield the same great results.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Wow, I absolutely love this foundation. I first purchased it at the beginning of the summer, and while I loved the finish and coverage, I thought that it had been breaking my skin out. I promptly returned it after a week. It turns out that it wasn't the foundation, but the unbearable heat that was clogging my pores. I realize that now that I have repurchased the foundation. For women who already have nice skin, this foundation is perfect. It will not cover large imperfections. I work at Costco under harsh lighting and people are always asking how my skin looks so perfect. I tell them that it's this foudation! The coverage is such a nice satin finish. No dewyness. Just a natural, radiant look. I would repurchase this again if I ever ran out, but I'm sure this will last me a while since I only wear it to work and on special occassions. For a casual weekday, I wear the NARS Tinted Moisturizer. Another product I highly recommend

on 10/9/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This make up is for those with smooth, flawless skin. Period! On my mature skin, it's greasy and oxidizes. There are other much better foundations out there including drugstore brands. Emphasizes pores and dry areas.

on 10/8/2012 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation. It is the only one I've tried in a long time that doesn't make me break out. I find it has decent coverage, but is very buildable if you are using the correct tools. It is expensive. But for me, it is worth it. I loooooove this. Thank you Chanel!!

Edit 12/1/13
I still really like the Chanel, but it's not as good in the cold months. It seems to cling a little to the dry skin on the top of my nose and on my cheeks. I still enjoy it, but I have to load up with lotion beforehand.

on 10/6/2012 7:06:00 PM

This goes on lovely, "your skin but better etc etc". But it quickly oxides to a darker/more orange version of itself. It also makes me super oily within hours. I like the fragrance and ease of application but ultimately the oxidation is a dealbreaker.

on 10/3/2012 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

So far I've always loved Chanel foundations and I've used some FBs of Vitalumiere and some compact foundations. I've been trying a sample for the last 3 days (a sample lasts a lifetime to me) and I found a perfect colour match (#44 Beige Ambré).
I love its consistency more than the original Aqualumiere: it really is a lightweight fluid, yet it covers perfectly (or at least, as perfectly as I want my foundations to cover before I look like a mask). I also like that it comes with a SPF 15, which is OK for winter, although I can't understand how such a light fluid can have a SPF inside.
Only negative side is, I expected a more elegant bottle, in traditional square glass. I suspect this product targets a young public, therefore saving on costly packaging.
I definitely recommend this one.

on 10/2/2012 11:30:00 PM

I like this, but I just don't love it. For Chanel I find the packaging cheap looking, and annoying as you cannot gauge how much product is left. That being said, it gives a nice amount of coverage, blends well into the skin, and is very natural looking. Perfect for summer when you don't want to feel weighed down by products! I just don't think I could justify paying the price given that there are better foundations out there for a lot less (Jemma Kidd Light As Air I'm looking at you!)

on 10/1/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation and even though I saw fantastic reviews about it I really thought it was only going to let me down. Let me start by saying my skin is oily and I have a hard time keeping my foundation from smearing off my face. I do have 2-3 pimples on my face but I have a few acne marks. This foundation has provided great coverage, it lasts mostly all day and it feels like you have nothing on your face. I love that its so lightweight and natural looking, it also provided me this soft feeling to my face and this scent that is very lovely. I wouldn't say the coverage is light-medium because you can put two lagers of the foundation on and it will cover EVERYTHING without giving your skin an unnatural look.

on 10/1/2012 8:00:00 AM

I got given a sample of this to try as well as a stack of all the other Chanel foundations (YAY). I got given B30 (beige) and B40 (beige) So far I've only tried the B30 and I have to admit that I really really like it.

Pros: The smell is really lovely. The sample is only a little bit of the product but I found it went on my skin really well and was light when first applied. As the day wore on I could barely feel it but my skin felt amazing.

Cons: Use with a light hand. I found that like most other foundations I've used I had to really really stay on top of shine. Yes I had to touch up and blot with powder during the day. I have oily skin this is my cross to bear.

I would purchase this but only after trying the others and seeing if they suit.