April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! It has replaced concealer for me. I wouldn't say it completely removes my dark circles, but the results are pretty close. I would have to cake on a regular concealer to get the same results I get with a few swipes of this product.

One minor complaint I have with this is that it can settle into fine lines. Although, most of this is likely due to the fact that I was overapplying, and it can be smoothed out very easily.

I paid 16.99 CDN for this, which is not exactly what I would consider cheap. However, it's a decent price considering I like this more for dark circles than my Chanel Correcteur Perfection, which is over double the cost. I will repurchase this, but next time I will look for a sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by caartist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Simply amazing! I was over at my girlfriend's house and sneaked a little of this since I didn't bring any skin care products... This product went on extremely well and blends so incredibly smooth and natural, I was utterly shocked. I am a guy and I would use treatment products freely but NEVER anything that remotely resemble makeup. This will be first makeup'ish eye treatment that I would use because it is so natural looking. I went out and bought one... after 2 weeks, I can definitely see a slight improvement on my puffiness.

Not sure about the proper lingo, but I think my GF said it doesn't crease. In my mind, it means this product doesn't fall into the fine lines and doesn't make the lines more noticeable. I tried the new Estee Lauder Idealist for eye with the gold shimmer. That product crease and settle into fine lines like crazy, but not this roller.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

A very interesting product&packaging. I wouldn't call it exactly cheap at 16 Euro but, well, it's cheaper than most of my concealers, so I thought what the heck and bought it since so many people raved about it. And I am quite impressed :-) I don't have really bad dark circles to start with but the skin under my eyes is quite dry, so I always tend to use a moisturizing concealer (Dior nude hydrating concealer, my recent favorite, which is a bit too moisturizing for the summer) but they often tend to get into the lines under my eyes (I don't have bad wrinkles yet though). This one (I bought the one for the light skin tone, no idea if they have any number - don't think so) is fantastic. It covers well, feels cool on the skin, isn't too heavy, very easy to spread, not drying, doesn't get into the lines and right now, when it's warm, it's better than my concealer mentioned above (and cheaper!!!). The color doesn't look particularly light once applied, it's somewhat beige peachy but it just sinks in and I don't notice anything alarming afterwards (my skin is quite fair NW 15-20). I have been using it for 3 weeks and love it. It might not be enough when it gets colder as it is not exactly very moisturizing, but I always use a good moisturizer underneath anyway (shiseido super eye contour). Well worth a try! I would ablsolutely re-purchase!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MagentaStardust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG under eye concealer. Everything else that I have ever tried has either caked or creased on me as my under eye area tends to be rather dry. This stuff doesn't crease at all and is a bit moisturizing. It goes on smoothly and stays put all day. It also blends nicely into my skin and brightens my under eye area fairly well. Please note that I don't have very dark under eye circles, so this may not work as well for those with darker circles. Another plus to this is that the tube is huge and lasts a long time. I've had mine for months and even with every day use, I still have quite a bit left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not only use this to conceal my circles. I moisturize my face with my olay active original hydrating cream and then I apply my foundation (revlon colorstay in 350 rich tan combo/oily). Then I apply my benefit boi-ing concealer in shade #3. I def see a huge difference. This concealer doesn't cover 100% but it does reduce puffiness from my bags. Consistency is runny but not too watery. I blend with my ring fingers and then pat it and let it sit for about a minute. Def will repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Garnier -Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
My skin type is normal can be dry if I don't moisturize.
While I do not have extreme dark circles, recently I noticed my under eye area looking darker and more tired due to some lifestyle changes and stress (surprise, surprise).
If you go on Youtube or speak with a professional artist you'll hear alot of conflicting opinions about under eye concealers (VERY confusing!): some say go two to three shades lighter than your foundation, others say don't go lighter go brighter, etc. UGH! So I've been experimenting on my own trying different shades and products.
So I had been researching under eye concealers/cover up. I came across several Youtube videos on it and decided to buy and try it.
I've been using it for about a month.

Here's my review:
Texture: Thin in consistency. I wouldn't mind it being a little bit thicker. It does set or dry quickly (again, as it is thin) so you could can 'build' it if needed. Non-greasy.
Finish: Dries quickly and to a matte finish: it's not glossy, shiny or glittery which is great.
Color: There is only one color (that I am aware of) and it is a neutral with a light peach undertone.
Performance: I use it in morning and lasts the day. I've even gone in the ocean with it (I surf) and it holds up. I don't use alot of it so the product lasts for a long time.
The 2 in 1 product claims to:
1. Conceal under eye circles
2. Treat the area with lemon essence and caffeine.
Please note: it does not say it is a moisturizer (I saw a MUA reviewer complaining that they still have to use an eye cream, but it does not claim to be an under eye cream.)
Application: A ball type roller: feels very cool on touch. You can simply place under the eye from the inner corner to the outer corner or after applying use your favorite concealer brush to apply (what I do.) You can also use a finger to smooth in any excess and blend.
Odor: Clean smell.
Cost: Low end.
Bought at: Target
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: EXCELLENT.
I think this is an excellent product for minimizing darkness under the eyes while treating that area as well.
I did notice a significant difference but at the same time I also began sleeping earlier, giving up caffeine, alcohol and wheat.
I'd imagine if you are very dark complected the color might not work or if you have extreme circles.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by pixiedustpb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! i cant say enough good this about it! I think this is the packaging is a great idea for under eye concealers. It covers my dark circles competently. I didnt expect much from it when i first bout it. i thought it was kinda gimmicky. WOAH i was very wrong!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

packaging sucks, and its straight up ORANGE on me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was sceptical, like everyone else. But this is the first concealer I've tried in years that truly disappears into the skin. It's so thin that there's no caking whatsoever.

It doesn't cover dark circles 100%, but knocks three quarters off them, which is all you can hope for really. it's very easy to use, and it's a bit of a relief not to be clicking product into a smelly brush pen.

The caffeine claims to reduce bags? I'd have a healthy cynicism about that one. But then bags are the one thing I don't have, so who knows? The rollerball is quite cooling.

Overall, a suprisingly excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by rya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice concealer. I've seen people say that this works as eye cream and I wish I could say the same, but... I have a very dry eye area. So it's not as moisturizing as I wish it was, hence the -1 star. I like the cold metal ball when I roll it under my eyes. And it seems to depuff my eyes in the morning.
It's very practical and conceals/brightens my dark circles. I tried the "fair" first, but it looked orange and dark. So I bought the "very fair" and loved it.
It's an awesome daily concealer, but I really REALLY wish it was more moisturizing. So I always have to moisturize first, which kind of defeats the purpose of being 2-in-1.