April 18, 2014 | 1838 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by tabbiecatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation!!
I have used several different mineral makeup brands- and this is definately one of the best. I like how easy this is... and the coverage is great. I have not had any trouble with irritation or breakouts and my skin looks flawless in any light.
I can't ask more than that! And it seems to last all day! (sometimes, touch-ups are difficult to manage in my work and play...)
I would recommend :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the very few foundations I can use. Most foundations have something in them that makes my face dry and flakey.
It doesn't settle in my pores or lines and gives my face a nice finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by twirlingbunny

i love this on days that im too rushed to spend time pputting on liquid foundation! it gives me great coverage on my acne prone skin! it covers my acne scars and is amazing! i wish it didnt cost so much...because i use the brush with it i think i lose product :( the packageing is tight and difficult to open at times but very sleek :D i love this stuff! anybody have any they dont like in light or golden medium? ill take it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Amber83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product and when the sales lady at Ulta put it on my face it looked so nice and flattering. But I failed to realize that I should have tried it on my cheeks before I bought it. My cheeks have huge pores (bigger than my nose) so that is why I didn't like wearing heavy makeup or liquid foundation cause it accentuates my pores. And this stuff did just that. It settled in the huge pores making them look bigger and when I sweated it just made it look worse and the makeup heavy looking. It looked like I just went and took each one of those products it was replacing and smeared it all over my face in thick coats. And the dry areas of my face was flaky. This truly was not worth the price for my dry/combination/acne prone skin but for someone with less issues than me I think this would work just fine for them. Just a bit of advice, try it on your problem areas first to see how it looks before you buy it. I promptly took this back to Ulta after trying several times with this powder. I am so glad they accept returns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been a FAITHFUL bare minerals customer since 2001. I decided to try this because of hsn. They said you would have the convenience of having a foundation, concealer and powder all in one. I loved having that option having 4 kids and no time. They were RIGHT! This stuff is great! I have less in my make-up bag and more time to get other things done. It went from taking me 15-20 minutes to doing my make-up to 5-10 minutes. Sorry BE. Plus, it looks FLAWLESS! It blends right in.
Also no shine and no breakouts! MY HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

I really wish this company would offer more color options. With only 8 (I think) that doesn't leave a lot of room for different shades and undertones.

That said, I chose Light. I think it is a bit too light for me, and maybe a little too pink. However, the finish is beautiful and natural and lasts well. The next shade is Blush Medium or Golden Medium...I think I may get one of them and mix a bit (as they're probably too dark on their own). They do make a split compact for mixing 2 shades.

I did NOT like this AT ALL when I first tried it. Using their brush, I felt the coverage was cakey and the color was terrible and it just didn't live up to my excited standards. However, I loved the convenience of the compact so I decided to try it with a different brush. I use the Long Handled Kabuki or Flat Top Brush (works the best) from Everyday Minerals. The Flat Top brush is similar in shape to the chisel, but fluffier and TONS softer and not scratchy or cheap feeling (like the chisel).

Overall, I am keeping this for my travel makeup...and possibly my daily makeup. It's totally easy to apply, quite forgiving. Great for layering and easy to touch up if needed. If they'd offer more colors and drop the prices a bit, I'd love it and give it 5 stars. Check the website (all May they are having sales) and at Ulta (sometimes you can get BOGO).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by bluemangogirl

It gives me a natural looking coverage and it's the best mineral foundation I have used so far!!! Easy to apply with a 4-in-1 product (spf, foundation, concealer and powder) very portable, no mess. It's reasonably priced. I also am prone to block pores but I have had no problems with this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

Yuck, that's all I got to say about this foundation. The Pur Minerals rep did my whole face and my complexion looked so ruddy, def not natural. It felt disgusting on my skin too, also I was oily after 30 minutes. I find their products overpriced and mediocre. Won't be purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pflyinghi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm also a fan of this foundation. I've tried Bare Minerals, and several drugstore varieties and was ready to give up on minerals. Well, I like everything about this foundation: color, coverage, convenience of the powder/packaging. Looks very natural, coverage is buildable, it's long-lasting, even through heat and humidity (live in FL). A winner. UPDATE: Ok, there's no NEW FORMULA category for this yet so this is an update for the new formula: Sooo disappointed they changed the formula for this. I used to love it. When I went to Ulta and saw they had a new formula, my heart sank. My skin is very sensitive, combination (mostly oily) and acne prone. I try to use natural products as a general rule, and especially with skincare/cosmetics so mineral makeup seemed a good choice, and as you can read from my earlier review, I had tried any number of them and was happy to find Pur minerals, it really was my HG foundation. Now they have added retinol and shea butter and I don't know what all else and my skin DOES NOT LIKE IT. Immediately broke out from it. I will say at first I was excited as it went on very nicely, rather smooth and creamy (for a pressed powder), covered well and looked nice as usual but later in the day my face felt oily and that nite I had zits and the next morning, more and larger ones. Ugh! Holiday time and my face has broken out. (Is it possible it's just a coincidence? Maybe, but seeing as nothing else about my routine was different---and I haven't broken out like this in YEARS---I doubt it.) So sorry, not a fan of the new formula. i also miss the old packaging; I like to travel light and loved (after applying with a brush at home), throwing the compact with mirror and sponge all in one in my purse, it was convenient, didn't take up a ton of room, I hate carrying around 2 lbs of cosmetics in my purse. New compact does not have the applicator sponge. Cosmetics are such an individual hit and miss endeavor and everyone's skin is different so your skin just may love this, but for me, I'm disappointed. As they say, "if ain't broke, don't fix it." Wish they'd just left the formulation alone. Have heard good things about the purity of Jane Iredale, will try that next.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by PyroViolist

This product really, REALLY had me excited. I mean, all the benefits of mineral foundation in a COMPACT. No time consuming swirl, tap, and buff of Bare Minerals and no brown, powdery crap in your purse. So I tried this at ULTA and I was thrilled. I'm Asian, Filipino to be exact, with yellow undertones and severe acne scars and pimples. I have crap skin, which is the reason why I became such a big fan of mineral makeup. I tried this in golden medium with the chisel brush inside ULTA and it looked great. The product covered all of my acne scars and generally evened out my skin tone. Knowing this is too good to be true, I went by the window to get a look of my face under natural light. LOOKED FLAWLESS! It really did, and all in a matter of seconds because of how convenient the application process is. So without hesitation I bought the full size of golden medium and the chisel brush and left ULTA very happy with my purchase. The next day I use this product again and lo and behold the magnificence of which I held PUR minerals has crumbled into little bits and pieces. This product has poor staying power and the color oxidizes to an orange after a period of time. I wondered why on earth they were able to hold mineral makeup together in a compact and my dumb self finally looked at the package and saw that shea butter is what they were using to keep it in place. I was very sad. Despite the way it made my face look like even more crap, I continued to use it because I hate throwing away foundation I pay $25 for. I used it up till it's expiration date and threw it away. I kept the brush though, but that's another story.

The brush is fine, small enough to be precise with application, but I notice a few hairs coming out of it. I still keep it around because I prefer buffing foundation over other methods because it makes for a clean finish. All in all, I won't be buying PUR minerals again. On top of that, the compact looked cheap. Looks like L'oreal's true match powder.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No