August 21, 2014 | 1633 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Woohoo! I struck gold. I bought this on a whim after the Clinique sample mascara (High Definition) in my purse dried up. I based my purchase on the MUA reviews, and I'm glad I did! I like everything about this mascara. The brush is very large and plush, making it easier to sweep all lashes at once, and the formula is very smooth and non-clumping. Truth in advertising: I do get more thickness than length from this product, but for me thick makes the bigger difference anyway. What I really love is the ease with which I can add coats without creating a wet, sticky mess. And my lashes don't "sweat" mascara streaks onto my eyelids during the day, a problem with most mascaras. I have found my perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by user71777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does a great job of lengthening and thickening. I have naturally dark, straight lashes and STL does give them a lift, althought I usually apply many, many coats. My husband and my mother both asked (separately) if I was wearing fake lashes, which never happens with the other mascaras I use (I rotate b/w Diorshow, Zoomlash, Voluminous and Super Thick Lash).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by natalierose

I loved how my lashes looked with this mascara. They really were super thick, but also really dark and separated(i bought it in blackest black). No clumps, no spider lashes, and it was only 5 bucks! The only thing about this is it irritates my eyes and makes them water the instant I put this stuff on. I tried to make this work but I cannot tolerate this near my eyes, I feel like I want to scratch my eyes out with this mascara on my lashes. I truly have never experienced that before and it's only with THIS particular mascara. I can use LE just fine so it's not all CG mascaras, just this one so far.
Bummer :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by 1QTPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff. It makes my lashes stand out. I rotate between this on Maybelline's Unstoppable (which I only wear when I want to show off my liner colors versus my lashes.)

The only thing I notice is if I don't swipe the brush on a paper towel, it can get clumpy after the first application. But that only seems to happen weeks after I bought it. It's never clumpy when it's a fresh bottle and I try everything that I can to make sure I don't dry out my product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

I rotate between 4 different mascaras, but this one seems to be the most noticable. It separates, lengthens and actually thickens very nicely, better than my other mascaras. Dosent clump either and is fairly inexpensive.
I got mine in blue-black. Like someone else mentioned, even if its not water proof, its a little difficult to remove, but I don't mind.
I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fancythat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is a great find for me. It really thickens and separates my already long (blond) lashes. It even lengthens a little, plus NO FLAKING for me. I normally have a problem with mascara smudging under my eyes, but this doesn't smudge either. I agree that the thicker the formula is the more often you must replace it, but still this lasts for a couple of months and it's dirt cheap at walmart or the drug store. I think there were 4 color choices, brown, black/brown (my choice), black and very black. One very small "flaw", it's a bit more difficult to remove (it is washable), but I use olive oil or baby oil and it does come off. I never use a foaming cleanser or soap on my face, but that might take it right off easily. I will continue to buy this - it's super.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by queenofthesalsa

Good thickening effect, clumping is low to medium, about what you would expect from an inexpensive, thickening mascara. You will probably need to use a lash comb with this. For the price, I was pretty pleased. I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kiss4u

Gives so-so thick dramatic lashes. I would still prefer L'oreal Voluminous. This stuff clumps up my lashes quite a bit, and worst of all, does not hold a curl at all. I have naturally straight lashes and I have to use an eyelash curler before applying mascara. This formula is wet and thick and does nothing for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by choirgirlhotel

* Clumpy
* Does not flake, which was what I was looking for
* Makes lashes look a bit thicker, but maybe that's because of the clumps
* Did not make my lashes look to their longest extent unless I really worked carefully with the brush, which I do not have time for.

The only good thing about this mascara is that it does not flake (so far). I was using Volume Exact by CG and loved the brush and how it made my lashes long, but hated the flaking and the little flakes would get into my eyes and burn my eyes. I think thick, creamy mascara (which is what works best for my lashes) is just prone to drying out more quickly, which in turn means flaking.

I would not purchase this again, but it's ok to use until I get another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of the Full n Soft Mascara. It gives me natural, full lashes without clumping. FnS smudged on me a LOT though and this one only smudges very slightly, at the very end of the day. So not too bad. I don't know which I like more, Professional, which does not smudge but clumps a little or this which does not clump but smudges a little. Both are quite good for the price.