August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by moni11246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation lives up to its name, and lasts forever. my skin is sensitive and has a tendency to get slightly oily, but this foundation does not irritate my skin, and it reduces the shine ! The bottle isnt a pump, which is a minor downfall, but i apply it with a q-tip and it works fine. One bottle last a long time for me. ive had it for a month and the bottle is still filled to the top :)
It doesnt clog my pores. The coverage is great and covers my small scar on my face.
Ill def be buying again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by d3rp

I just bought this a few days ago and used it today. I hate redoing my make up and I have horrible skin with rosacea dots allll over - so I need to pile it on every few hours. This didn't even last four hours, let alone 24 hours! I like the color and it goes on nicely and is breathable, but it DOES rub off unlike it says. I would definitely not buy this again... a nice foundation with a good color and no funky smell, but it isn't true to its name!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the bottle-slim, not a pump makes it easy to use with a sponge.
It lasted all day at work, I don't like re doing makeup at lunch.
I have combination skin and this together with Revlon Colorstay foundation as well as another Maybelline foundation Dream Mousse ( the one in the pot) are very good products to which I turn to all the time.
I thought that the selection of colors was not bad. this is not mac, and this is just personally, I get lost and overwhelmed at mac and too many choices
I think lately drugstore prices are higher than they used to be, but yet they are still affordable and you can "play" more

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sort of biased with the this product; the colors completely do not match my skin tone. The lightest color is still too dark for me. Despite that, I still liked the blending qualities. It lasted quite a while, but not as long as revlon color stay.
Overall, an okay foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Duckiesangel8403

This is my new staple foundation! It's more than I like to spend on foundation, but it works pretty well as long as my skin isn't too dry cos it reveals my peeling skin lol. I hate when I get to the bottom of the bottle, though, because it's impossible to get the last bit of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BRIGHT. FRIGGEN. ORANGE.

i tested out the foundations on my face at walmart, deciding natural beige was closest to my skin color, even though i'm not even that white. so i bought it, $9, a little pricey for me but i had high expectations. when i got home, i tried it on, and the second i stepped into the natural light, it just looked ridiculous. it was BRIGHT ORANGE, didnt blend out well, ugh. what a waste of money. i gave it an extra lippie because maybe it has good staying power, despite the awful color. and the packaging is cute. it was a waste of money overall, i hope the revlon colorstay has better results for me. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is not great, but it's hardly bad.
Good points:
-It applies well, and can be blended very easily.
-It's not a 'mask' type long wear foundation and looks natural, it is light-medium coverage not full coverage.
-It doesn't irritate my skin.. and I never used to be a fan of Maybelline as all their mousse products had silicone oils in that were pretty awful to me. But this is harmless so far (2 weeks in?)
Bad Points:
-I apply before work and it doesn't last 12 hours even with moisturiser, smashbox primer and powder. By the time I'm back from work (airconditioned open store) my nose is shiny and it's only still on my forehead really.
-Is not concealing for under-eye or zits, but that's fine to use other stuff.

EDIT: This is an alright foundation BUT it does not work well with a setting powder, at least for me, when used it cakes up and starts looking patchy. Without powder it doesn't last.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by CHARLIEYBBZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Packaging:
This foundation comes in a glass bottles with a plastic lid. The plastic bottle is clear so you can see how much product is left in there. However, the plastic pump can get extremely dirty if you're not careful, but then again I could have just wiped it with a make-up wipe, but the label at the back starts to rub off within a week.

Pirce:
For a drug store product the price is reasonably cheap, £8.99.

Does it do what it says?
The product states that the Micro-Flex formula provides 24-hour wear and No Transfer, withstands heat, sweat and humidity, that its oil-free, dermatologist tested, fragrance-free and that its suitable for all skin types. NO NO NO, all wrong. After wearing it for an hour or so it became streaky, flaky and dry. It doesn't withstand humidity or heat at all :/ but the plus side is that it has an SPF of 19.

Overall:
Overall I wouldn't recommend this product, the colour shades are mixed up. I got an Ivory which was perfect when I first tried it on, a few hours later I was pale as a ghost. This product isn't smooth either, and it feels very dry and cakey when you are weaing it. The only good things about this product are: it has a high SPF. But the coverage isn't good at all. I'm very dissapointed.

Oh and I forgot to mention you can't use the whole bottle up, the pump will stop working and none of the product will come out, and its impossible to get the lid off >.<

Thank-you.
Happy reviewing! ♥

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gives a medium to full coverage finish. The only thing that I would change is the packaging and better color selection. Skin does look oily after a few hours, but I just keep my oil blotters on hand
Update: It makes my face have an ORANGE tint..oopma looma, weird right!? When I looked back at some photos from when I was wearing this foundation, it gave my face this red/pinky/orange tint and I have yellow undertones in my skin so that is a bummer. My shade was true beige for winter and for summer honey beige( super orangey BEWARE!). Also there is no white cast when you take photos, just a pinky/orangey tint to the face for me. If your shade match is on, then this is a great foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by chilingli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hated this foundation, after I put it on my face. It works well..but few hours later it started to cake like a lot and feels dry.