Revlon Matte Lipstick - Nude Attitude

2.9

on 10/4/2009 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm always looking for nice nude lipsticks and I figure i'd give this one a whirl... I absolutely hate it lol I love matte lipsticks, but this color washes me out completely. Maybe i'll try it again with a tined lipgloss?

Remember people, always try something twice! lol

on 10/4/2009 8:51:00 PM

This matte lipstick comes on very pale. Make sure you have balm or chapstick on before you put this one & def top it off with gloss
I usually place lip balm on, do my face & eye makeup and by the time I'm applying nude attitude, the chapstick isn't moist or slippery, it has conditioned my lips and I put on nude attitude.

Some people say that this is a dupe of MAC Myth. I'll say it's very similar, but not the same. Myth has more of a pink undertone than Nude Attitude, and had a creamier, denser consistency. Nude Attitude feels a little "grittier", and the coverage is more sheer. All that aside, this is a nice, mid-tone nude with tan/coral undertones. As so many people have said, this is a matte lipstick, therefore pretty drying. However, if you apply some lip moisturizer and exfoliate beforehand, you should be in good shape. Overall, so far I'm impressed with the quality of Revlon's lipstick, even though it's a drugstore product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really wanted a nude lipstick and had to have this shade when Revlon first came out with the matte collection.For weeks every store in my town was out and I looked everywhere for it.When I did get it I was so disappointed!!!This just makes me look sick.I could have bought a cheap concealer and it would have looked better.

on 10/1/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I didn't like this at all.. My lips weren't even that dry... It made my lips have all these little lines that I didn't even knew I had. I can't put it on like a normal lipstick, I have to dab it around lightly, and even then it still fills in all my little cracks in my lips and makes them dry up. Also, most people mention that this makes their lips turn orange. I wanted that more than pinky nudes because I like the peach/coral look more on my skin. However, this turned more light pink on my lips..

on 9/30/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I personally really liked this product. I'd never tried revlon, always used MAC lipsticks, but this product is about the same for half the price! WOOO!!! creamy, stays well, good pigment... no problems (just remember to exfoliate your lips before you use this. That's kind of a no duh when it comes to lipsticks though).
As for the color, I know a lot of people say it looks orange, but my skin is very tan/gold/yellow depending on how kind you're feeling that day, and this is a great shade of nude for me. So I guess this is what you would call a very warm nude, so if you're neutral or cool toned stay far far away.

on 9/28/2009 2:36:00 PM

Many people complain about this product because it's too cakey and drying. This is a MATTE lipstick! And matte lipsticks aren't supposed to be worn by itself without a base/chapstick, because it will look blotchy!
Now let's get down to the review:
This lipstick pleasantly surprised me because i thought at first it would be very chalky. But it isn't. It has a thin creamy texture and peachy color that would work better on warm -neutral skintones.
How I use it: I applied a layer of burt's bees chapstick first and dabbed on this lipcolor and blended with my fingers. Then I dabbed on a tiny amount of pink lipgloss. Voila! Perfect nude lips!!
This works for me every time and if you have dry flaky lips, make sure to exfoliate!
I really like the packaging. It's really sturdy and feels like a high end brand.
*I took off a lippie because it does not work well for cooler skin tones

on 9/26/2009 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Because I personally (for some odd reason)have pretty pigmented lips....I'm not kidding whenever I put on my nivea hydration lip balm my lips turn red..>.> but anyway ya this nude lipstick is not bad actually obviously for any nude lipstick you shouldn't be using it to slide it to your lips left to right, left to right, etc you should be just lightly dabbing it to your lips. you can either dab it to your bottom lips or both upper and bottom (depending on how pigmented your natural lips are) even though i didn't experiment any cakey lips after apply the nude attitude lipstick but you could try to put on a good hydrating lip balm first wait till your lips absorb the moisture than dab the lipstick to your lips (lightly!) and for lip gloss (cause you should never wear nude lipstick it by itself!) you can choose a more pinkish tone to give it a more healthy, but nudish look. For myself, I put on Annabelle Le Gloss lip shine in superstar

on 9/26/2009 1:25:00 AM

I really tried to make this lipstick work for me but I gave up anyway. My nightmare began when I was looking for a nude lipstick and I heard many YT gurus raving about Revlon Nude Atittude so I decided to get it. When I tried it on my lips... oh surprise... it was supposed to be a matte lipstick with yellow/beige/peachy undertone (at least that's what I expected)..... but it turned out that if you look really close it isn't matte, it has really tiny sparkles and some kind of weird purple/blue-ish undertone . But the WORST thing is that it is very CAKEY so it never looks right. Now i am looking for a better nude lipstick that doesnt't cake.

on 9/18/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shade of nude was exactly what I've been looking for! I've been using concealer to get the nude look on my lips and really just wanted a tube of lipstick. The fact that it's matte is even better...and it looks really good on my tan/olive skin. I'm definitely not one to wear lipstick regularly, always chapstick..but this color is subtle and looks great under a bit of gloss and with more dramatic eye make-up. Also, I only use a little bit and rub it in like chapstick for my desired look. No shimmer or sparkles (which I hate on the lips/face). I like it under a tiny bit of clear gloss. It's really smooth and has no harsh scent. Not bad for $5 at Target.

Popular Lipsticks