August 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by xmizlynnax

This is not an every day foundation for me but it is a nice change. It surprisingly gave GREAT coverage. I only used this in NC35 and set it with MSF natural in medium plus and my skin was flawless and glowy. I think this kind of foundation requires a primer - it's a MUST. I did not use a primer and definitely kept worrying about the shimmer in it getting everywhere - which it did. If i touched my face and touched something else the shimmer would transfer. It doesn't make my face look like a disco ball or anything but without a primer it gets on everything and that's noticeable I have oily skin and I don't think it exacerbates the oiliness and surprisingly did not make me look oily later in the day. The problem was I FELT disgusting. I wanted to scrub my makeup off even though it looked fine in the mirror. I gave this a 3 because I think I want to try this with a primer before I write it off. Plus I got it in a swap and I want to buy my own fresh bottle to really tell if it is right for me. BOTTOM LINE - it gives fantastic coverage and the finish is a fabulous healthy glowy look. It would be perfect for normal to dry skin. I would recommend a primer no matter what but ESPECIALLY if you have oily skin. I will try this product again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably one of my favorite foundations, it just gave me a nice dewy look that I got sooo many compliments on.

I tend to have random spots of red and this is one of the few things that covers fully but doesn't look caked on at all and just looks very fresh

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Linden2114

So I've been using MAC foundation for years now, and I've loved it. This is the first time I've tried the satin finish though, and it was completely by accident. Jut a matter of me running into the MAC store and grabbing the foundation from the wrong shelf. It's been a happy accident so far.

I use the NC 15, which should make it obvious as to how pale I am. This usually means I tend to look washed out, and people think I'm sick all the time. Damn the "healthy tan" culture. Anyways... I've gotten none of those usual comments lately and I know why.

The foundation make me skin look bright and awake. It's like it's glowing. It reminds me of how my skin looks when I've gone to the gym that day. It just looks really healthy and natural. The coverage is fantastic, not too heavy or light. It also lasted all day for me, and that's without using a primer either. Granted the weather is cold here right now, so to be fair I do not know how it will hold up when summer comes.

Over all I really liked this foundation, and will be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by fear__loathing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for me..
    I am big on the "dewy" look well more so then the chalky, dry, pasty look or the crazy, sparkly, soaking wet look which I found this one to leave me with..
    This is very sheer and too shimery to be filed under a"Natural" finish which they told me it would be. It transfered to my clothing and changed color a bit. I think maybe this would be best on much more mature skin, for it would probably make it look more youthfull and bright..

I am already quite youthful and bright ;) so this makes me look like a greasy (shimmery) wet dog.

this is a diss.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Monaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try a good mineral foundation, so I gave MAC a try. I liked it at first, but after a while I began to realise my skin would get shiny quite quickly. I didn't find it long lasting and I didn't find the coverage that good. I have oily skin - maybe this would work better for people who do not have oily skin, and just want to illuminate their face and do not need alot of coverage - to cover spots etc

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It has light to medium coverage and what I would call a natural but luminous finish. I apply this with the 187 brush. The color I got is NC30. I like how this has the pump built in too.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE. This broke me out sooo BADLY! Plus my friend told me that it looked very shiny and greasy. I was on a hunt for my HG foundation at the time.. and this was NOT it. The texture was wrong, the color was wrong.. It took many tries but Kanebo is the way to go for liquid foundation. The price may be more than double, but it's soo worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

Okay this is my first MAC foundation. So, this isn't the worst foundation I've ever tried, but it definitely isn't the best. My skin wasn't used to it at first so I kept breaking out (It takes a while for the skin to get used to a product sometimes) and it's okay now. I don't have any big issues with it now, but it doesn't give me that "airbrushed" finish that my Dior airflash does. I think I'll try the coveted studio tech/sculpt instead next time.

Oh and about the sparkles everyone talks about, honestly I don't notice them and I actually mix it with my strobe cream for a more dewy finish. I do however use MUFE HD powder over this as it is a bit too shiny for my tastes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by peachykeenjellybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good but not The One

If you are under 30 with great skin this is the foundation for you. Its a tad 'disco diva' for me as the 'glow' that it creates from a distance is made up of tiny sparkles which if caught in the wrong light and close up looks a little glittery. Although these tiny particles are supposed to flatter and reflect the light they can actually highlight open pores and bumpy skin.
    The coverage is good and buildable, a little on the light side which if you have great skin is a bonus however if you have a particularly red blemish or suffer redness around the nose area you will need extra concealer as this won't cover it.
    Colour match is very good although does tend to darken slightly once settled into the skin and the wear is also very good, lasting a full day.
    As Roy Walker would say.."Its good...but not the one".

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by StarlightXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this by mistake which is why I gave it the 2 instead of 0. Never again. I have oily skin and only on applying this I realised this was not the product for my skintype. I went greasy automatcially and the shimmer in it did not help. Tried it a few more times and got the same results. It taught me to research products before thinking of buying them.
    =]