SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 12/15/2008 10:52:00 PM

Very GOOD

on 12/11/2008 8:05:00 AM

Fancy wasting some money? Then this is the product for you! I used this stuff for a number of months and saw no improvement to my skin in any way. To me, it felt like i was putting cold smelly water on my face an was quite unpleasant mainly because of the smell (like old socks or feet!) I cant believe how pointless this stuff is, tho when I read in the information about how I was supposed to do some kind of meditation to visualize how I wanted my skin to be in the morning (and this was supposed to help with results - pullleeeaase!) I did think it a bit gimmicky. Perhaps this is the kind of product you have to use your entire life to see results, but for within the three or four months that I persevered I could find no advantage to using this and would not re purchase. The packaging is lovely tho and it does like rather luxurious on your dresser. But I dont pay out that kind of money for pretty ornaments.

on 12/10/2008 1:54:00 PM

I have combination skin and live in a warm, tropical climate...I bought this some years ago when SKII was all the rage and this was marketed as 'miracle water', then chucked it into the fridge after a few uses because the pitera smelled bad and it seemed to do nothing for my skin.

I took it out of storage recently though because of a spell in wintry Taiwan that dried up the skin on the side of my face. Even after using Laneige Waterbank essence (which usually does the trick for me) I could - to my dismay - still feel some roughness and dryness. Remembering that a friend had mentioned that SKII's 'miracle water' worked well as a moisturiser in winter, I used some of it, dabbing it on generously with a cotton pad. Because I couldn't stand the smell I rinsed it off later, but I did find the rough patches gone and my skin felt soft and supple!

I would not use this on a daily basis, but would definitely bring it along on a trip to colder climates!

on 12/2/2008 8:08:00 PM

For me, it's not a miracle water. It does hydrates skin, but I can do without this essence when I use some nice cream. It's nice for hydration, but not a must have for me.

on 11/25/2008 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'd always thought that SKII is over rated and the price we pay for the products is for the marketing hype. Well, I think that way no more. After using the essence for just over a month, I noticed that the skin is significantly more 'balanced', i.e, it controlled the oilies on the T-zone while calming the patches of dry and eczemic skin on my cheeks. In fact, the husband remarked that the redness has gone. Others said that my skin tone is more even. I didn't even realize it myself until lately, except for the oil control part which I experienced 1-2 days into using the product. I've used about a quarter of my 75ml (S$94) essence, which means the regular 150 ml one should last at least 6 months. For a non-prescription product which gives noticeable results, this is indeed money well spent. I am a convert though I still believe it unnecessary to purchase the entire line.

on 11/10/2008 1:07:00 AM

It is just OK. I did not see any improvement on my skin while using the SKII line. However I did not see it getting worst either. For the price I was expecting a lot more. I did loved the facial the SA lady gave me using their products. But after purchasing them and trying them at home I did not see the same effect. I will not be buying this one again. What I did like from this line was the whitening mask and the air touch foundation. The rest were just OK.

on 11/8/2008 8:05:00 PM

No effect after several months of usage. I switched to Shiseido Pureness range. Looks like Shiseido skincare more suitable for my skin.

on 10/4/2008 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I managed to get hold of a second-hand authentic bottle for cheaper than retail- and after using it for several months, I'd have to say that either it's quite overhyped, or that you need to use the full range of products to really see results. I'm Asian, slightly tanned with temperamental skin- sometimes combination oily, sometimes dry, mostly sensitive, and this "miracle water" doesn't do anything to really improve my condition and open pores as it claims to. I've since switched to Dermalogica's full skincare range, which, although expensive, is still more worth it than a bottle of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Love the decadent glass bottle though.

on 9/24/2008 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad acne problem,and i was tempted to get this, as i've heard many good comments bout it, not to mention the power of their advertisement.Anywhoooo, I tried out their starter kit and i must say, that this essence really leaves my skin glowing, and my acne seems to reduce and i rarely have breakout!Even my friends commented bout my skin and some of my makeup artist friends also ask me bout my skin.However, after stop using it, my problem come back again. I think what my friend said was true, it really helps your skin alot, but once u stop using it, your problem will come back. I guess its time to use it back again. although the hefty price will definately kill my wallet. :(

on 9/16/2008 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

no difference to my skin except a few white heads that surfaced, i was told that it may be purging, however, it didn't clear for 3 months. SKII products don't come cheap and when i am paying this much, i expect much more than this to happen, certainly not a miracle. i bought this with the facial treatment cleanser, treatment milk, repair c, and Signs totallity, all were a waste of my money! This is their best selling product and i have no idea why, also it smells of smelly socks.

Popular Treatments (Face)