September 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kelly0706

I tried a sample of this and I really like it. I use it after cleansing. If my face is dry, this seems to remove any flaky skin and moisturize the dry areas. My skin looks smooth and feels soft. Haven't used it long enough to tell if its helping my skin or not and I don't like the f act that it is SO EXPENSIVE

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by raindrop921

I really liked using it, but I dont know really how much difference it made to my skin. it was calming and I never broke out from it. I've been using it for almost one year now and I think my skin became smoother, and my friends told my skin became whiter.. since I'm almost done with it i will try the kose sekksei and see any difference. I dont like to use one product over and over again because I heard that your skin will becoime immune to it so I will switch off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I finished a bottle of this and did not see any results at all.

I think this Pitera stuff is a crap and this company is trying to follow suit with La Mer.

This is a robbery in broad daylight.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 2:44:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

i really didnt see much of an improvment at all in my skin. the brand is very well marketed but the essence was not all that good overall. a bit tricky to apply also.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by secret72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty good. I have combination sensitive skin & so just apply this after FT clear lotion and my skin is well moistured. The essence has really calmed and even out my skin tone and given it a bit of a glow in the morning too. Not sure if it fades old acne scars as it is promised in the ad. since Ive only used it for a little more than a month. Also little effect on minimising pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kensington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok so i think Im in the minoroty here when I say i like the smell, ok I dont actually like it but i love the fact they havent added artificial frangrance to it to cover the smell of the fermented pitera.
Ive been using it for over a week and really like it. like most people here im unure about spending so much on what does seem to be a pricey treatment toner however there is no mistaking the subtle but defininte improvement in skin texture evenness clarity and radiance i seem to have. im find it very good but it does seem to be a bit drying as others have said. Its made a tiny bit of difference on my oily t-zone ..
i especially am a fan of the product because it contains no silicones that make your skin feel better but actually do nothing beneficial in the long run. i know it has a bit of preservative but i like to think of it as a pure clean natural based product and thats kind of how my skin feels when i use it. overall thumbs up, would buy again i think but its easy days, downside its waaaay too expensive and the company dont seem to do gift with purchase.....
if SKII did gift with purchase in australia i think more people would try it, and id feel better about it like i was not getting ripped off. update .. i cant say i remember to use this daily maybe only 4-5 out of 7 days per week, it is a good product no doubt, i will repurchase it again , its not outstanding though, as its expensive it would be the 1st thing to go if i had to really buckle down on beauty spending as its not absolutely essential.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this and the Air Touch Foundation based on all the reviews. I have to say that this product agrees with me and has definitely made it so I can go without any makeup except maybe a light brushing of bronzer all over my face. I am amazed to say the least because a lot of reviews say that it does nothing for them! I had combination oily skin with dry and flaky patches. Not a fun combo to say the least!...since I have been using this my skin has really normalized and there are no more red blotchy areas!!! It is pricey, but you really need so little. I augment using this with an SKII moisturizer or treatment depending on if I feel I need more moisture. So I will use any of the other products like Signs Treatment Concentrate or Advanced Signs Treatment along with it. It's definitely HG for me because I've never used a product like this continuously. I smooth it all over my face and neck every night and rub the excess into my hands! A little goes a long way!!!

UPDATE: 05/11/08 - I am still continuously using this product and have no complaints. I am half way through the bottle! I was thinking to myself the other night I wanted to add some tips for usage to my review. When I originally purchased this at Saks the SA told me to pour a little bit into my hand (like less than a teaspoon) and pat/push into my face. Basically I spread it around my hands like a lotion and cup my entire face as if to splash ,but really press into my skin. She advised no rubbing and more to just pat into the skin. I wanted to point this out because I am not sure if maybe others are using cotton pads or some other means to where the product would not really get into the skin. Done this way you may not be seeing any benefit at all vs. the way I described. Hope this helps! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes this product does provide some moisturizing and it does (to an extent) provides some plumping and only a *minor* improvement to my skin tone. But so does my Cellex C B-5 Gel which actually does a better job in moisturizing my skin and is far less expensive. There are also some lovely, alcohol free toners out there (such as Pervonia, Laura Mercier, and Arcona) which are just as good as this product. Overall, this line is just a major disappointment with gimmicky products, lovely packaging and keen advertising.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by greelow

Have been using this product for 2 months. not so much of improvement. i have a oily-dry combination skin. i tried it together with the toner and the cleanser. i still have 1/3 of thebottle to go. it did not give me any problem, definitely notice a little bit of improvement, but for how much it costs, i dont think this product worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by thaijasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product in oder to exfoliate the skin.
I have combination skin and prone to acne.Since I've
been using the essence my skin is getting clearer.
no more cloged pores.It also makes my skin more vibrant and
glowing.I don't need to wear loads of make up like before.

thank you SKII. :)