SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 8/18/2008 10:21:00 AM

I have been using Retin A for about 15 years. I am 51 with oily skin prone to breakouts and live in Florida. I have been trying to get away from Retin A due to the mineral oil and other toxins in the product for years but have not yet found a viable solution. Thought SKII might work for me. Over the phone I bought the FT Essence, Refining, WC Clear Lotion, Facial Clear Solution and FT Repair C and stopped using Retin A and started this program 2 weeks ago. Well within one week I broke out with small bumps all over my jaw line and a few large pimples above my lip. Yuck! So I called the Saks rep and she said to stop the WS Clear Lotion and the Skin Refining Treatment and that my skin was probably "purging" impurities. The problems have subsided though I still have the dark marks from the pimples. Also, in the morning I wake up with an oil slick all over my forehead and jaw line, could this be the C causing the excess oil? And during the day my skin gets oily as well with just using the Essence and the Facial Clear Solution (which ironically is supposed to control the oil!). I was wondering if any of you out there are under the same circumstances and if you would like to share what worked (or did not work) for you? In particular if you have incorporated Retin A with this program (which also would leave my forehead and jaw greasy - but at least that would happen only at night) how did you do it? I gave these products a 3 to begin with because it seems there is a "lead time" for your skin to adjust. I will only be able to tell in time if these really work. Do these products help with hyper pigmentation? I have a few brown spots on my forehead which have just begun to mar my olive complexion.

on 8/6/2008 4:14:00 AM

Dont waste your money on the SK II range. I had very bad breakouts and skin felt dry. What a waste.Only item worth thinking is their air-brush foundation...nearly everthing else is crap.

on 7/24/2008 11:31:00 PM

At first when I used the product in conjunction with the cleanser and moisturiser my skin felt amazing and all of my spots cleared up. I used the entire range religiously for about 6 months and then noticed that I started to break out again fairly frequently. Whilst the product did make my skin soft and clear for the first 4 months of use, I found that my skin adapted to the product and it stopped being effective thereafter. I have half a bottle left now and I dont think ill end up finishing it as it is ineffective. I do like the moisturiser though it is light weight and non-greasy, although I didnt really see any notable anti-ageing effects taking place as promised. Its a decent product but I cant justify spending this much on a product that doesnt live up to its promises :(

on 7/9/2008 6:04:00 PM

I have been using SKII essence for about a month now. I agree that during the first usages of the SKII line, my skin did start breaking out. After about 2 weeks, my skin calmed down and is more clear than it has ever been. I have stopped going to the facialist for facials because this essence controlled my oil without drying out the surface of my skin. I am using this in conjunction with SKII refining treatment and SKII UV cream. My skin is still not perfect as I do still get a small hormonal breakout once a month, but otherwise from that it did make my skin feel more balanced.

on 6/6/2008 2:53:00 AM

What is it supposed to do again? I've been using it twice a day for 2 months. I don't see any difference. No miracle for me.

on 6/2/2008 3:23:00 AM

After running out of 30ML bottle, I find my skin is still the same. I don’t see worse/better effects using this… Perhaps must take more time.

i love this ! it is loaded with pitera that aids in hydration,calming,pore reduction,and it helps to bring the skin renewal cycle back to 21 days.
i pour onto my palm and pat onto face although the SA instructed me to use cotton pad.i did not listen to her as i find cotton pad too wasteful.pouring onto palm provideds good effect as well.i use this as my toner and it feels refreshing and my skin immediately feels more hydrated.very gentle that i even use this on eye area.a bottle of 150ml can last me 3-4 mths so it is not that expensive.another thing i like about sk2 is ,they are fragranced free!
fragrance can irritate the skin can cause pigmentation problems when exposed to sunlight.

on 5/25/2008 2:15:00 AM

I have been using this product for about a month and I can really see the different. I have acne prone skin and I just switched from Clinique product to SKII. The price is quite expensive however SKII really an outstanding product compares with other brands. I use it day time with their new Aqua Physics products and it makes my skin hydrated for the whole day!! Thank you SKII.

on 5/13/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

at first I really didnt like this product. It made my skin feel itchy and made me brake out. I went to take it back and the SR told me to stick it out for another week because the skin needs time to clear up. I was really skeptical but tried it for another week and my skin stopped breaking out. A month later my skin looks better than ever. Im really happy with the SKII products, and this is definitely one of my favorites. My pres are smaller, and my skin is smoother and softer.

I have tried it couple of times over a span of two years. It's expensive, smells bad and does nothing for my skin. I even suspect I might have picked up small zits and bumps during use. A pity, but judging from the reviews here, it seems that it works for only half the population here!

Money better spent elsewhere!

Popular Treatments (Face)