SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 12/2/2008 8:08:00 PM

For me, it's not a miracle water. It does hydrates skin, but I can do without this essence when I use some nice cream. It's nice for hydration, but not a must have for me.

on 11/25/2008 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'd always thought that SKII is over rated and the price we pay for the products is for the marketing hype. Well, I think that way no more. After using the essence for just over a month, I noticed that the skin is significantly more 'balanced', i.e, it controlled the oilies on the T-zone while calming the patches of dry and eczemic skin on my cheeks. In fact, the husband remarked that the redness has gone. Others said that my skin tone is more even. I didn't even realize it myself until lately, except for the oil control part which I experienced 1-2 days into using the product. I've used about a quarter of my 75ml (S$94) essence, which means the regular 150 ml one should last at least 6 months. For a non-prescription product which gives noticeable results, this is indeed money well spent. I am a convert though I still believe it unnecessary to purchase the entire line.

on 11/10/2008 1:07:00 AM

It is just OK. I did not see any improvement on my skin while using the SKII line. However I did not see it getting worst either. For the price I was expecting a lot more. I did loved the facial the SA lady gave me using their products. But after purchasing them and trying them at home I did not see the same effect. I will not be buying this one again. What I did like from this line was the whitening mask and the air touch foundation. The rest were just OK.

on 11/8/2008 8:05:00 PM

No effect after several months of usage. I switched to Shiseido Pureness range. Looks like Shiseido skincare more suitable for my skin.

on 10/4/2008 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I managed to get hold of a second-hand authentic bottle for cheaper than retail- and after using it for several months, I'd have to say that either it's quite overhyped, or that you need to use the full range of products to really see results. I'm Asian, slightly tanned with temperamental skin- sometimes combination oily, sometimes dry, mostly sensitive, and this "miracle water" doesn't do anything to really improve my condition and open pores as it claims to. I've since switched to Dermalogica's full skincare range, which, although expensive, is still more worth it than a bottle of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. Love the decadent glass bottle though.

on 9/24/2008 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have really bad acne problem,and i was tempted to get this, as i've heard many good comments bout it, not to mention the power of their advertisement.Anywhoooo, I tried out their starter kit and i must say, that this essence really leaves my skin glowing, and my acne seems to reduce and i rarely have breakout!Even my friends commented bout my skin and some of my makeup artist friends also ask me bout my skin.However, after stop using it, my problem come back again. I think what my friend said was true, it really helps your skin alot, but once u stop using it, your problem will come back. I guess its time to use it back again. although the hefty price will definately kill my wallet. :(

on 9/16/2008 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

no difference to my skin except a few white heads that surfaced, i was told that it may be purging, however, it didn't clear for 3 months. SKII products don't come cheap and when i am paying this much, i expect much more than this to happen, certainly not a miracle. i bought this with the facial treatment cleanser, treatment milk, repair c, and Signs totallity, all were a waste of my money! This is their best selling product and i have no idea why, also it smells of smelly socks.

on 9/5/2008 8:16:00 AM

Its a really stupid container wasting alot onto my hands & the floor. I always ship it immediately into a spray bottle for use.

I spray this one my face & it keeps me supple & together with some other SKII products as part of my regiem back then when i was using a few SKII pdts - it help my skin breakout free, comfortabily hydrated but nothing else - no pore minizing as i hoped. However having said this - it did keep my oiliness at bay which in turn kept the pores cleaner & thus pore size maintained.

on 8/27/2008 9:52:00 PM

i've been using this product inconjunction with SK II Clear Lotion and it is fabulous for the last few months. I didn't get instant results in appareance, though my skin did feel nicer (i have dehydrated skin and it really helped with that). After a few months i can definately see the difference. Skin tone is more even and brighter and the added bonus is that i don't have to wear as much make up as i did before, because my skin doesn't need that much coverage anymore. Would buy again, despite the high price, though i would recommend shopping around to see if you can spot a bargain. My mum (in her mid 50's) also uses it and has for longer (couple of years now) and she constantly gets compliments on her skin and some even don't believe she's in her 50's. Definately a product and skincare line that you have to stick with to see results, but you do see some.

on 8/20/2008 12:20:00 PM

I got a sample bottle of SK II from Saks and starting using it right away. In just two days my skin cleared up and the blotchiness faded away. I look forward to waking up in the morning and seeing how even toned and soft my skin is.
The smell is a little strange, kind of sour and smells like rising bread dough.
The cost is atrocious but considering that I only use a pea size amount every time and twice a day. I just bought the largest bottle. Considering that 10ml lasted me about 10 days, 215ml will last well months and months. I would not recommend the way the sales reps use it by putting it on the cotton pad...very wasteful.

I'm using it in conjuncture with La Pairie anti-stress creme and eye creme.

I've noticed that I'm putting on less and less make up in the past week as well.

Definitely a must buy and will continue to buy it. I don't think the price is that steep considering I have over 20 jars of creams and lotions that i never finished because i didn't like the feel, saw no results or was allergic to after a few uses. If this continues to work, it might actually be a bargain.

Popular Treatments (Face)