Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

Since I've inherited my mom's eyeliner-applying technique (stand there and pile it on like a 5 year old with a crayon) I like something that can keep it's point throughout the abusive application. This more than does the job, not only keeping its point but gliding right on with no pulling or scratching, you can gradient the color to as dark or as light as you want it and the tip wears nicely (a lot of them have a tendency to break even without my type of application). And at $4 for a stick that lasts me at least 3 months, I really can't beat it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Next to my Smashbox creme eyeliner, this is my favorite eyeliner! Definitely HG material. I wear this in black. It's soooo easy to apply and looks awesome. I love that it has a softer point. You can keep it soft and subtle or turn it up and make it dramatic and sexy. I love eyeliner and this is definitely my runner up for being my favorite! Goes on smooth, has awesome staying power and doesn't smudge! I'm not usually into Cover Girl products, but I really like this! :)

on 3/11/2005 5:13:00 PM

It's not bad but it's not good either. It glides on smoothly so I can achieve a straight line which I always have a hard time doing. And also the reason I bought it was cause I was too lazy to sharpen. I just hate how it fades to a grayish color after only an hr or two and it leaves this gunk on my lid corners yuck! It doesn't smudge so much if I use it ONLY on my upper lid.. but I want a more dramatic look so this isn't for me.

on 3/5/2005 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for years and years. I have Espresso (brown), Onyx (black), and Charcoal (gray) at all times. Doesn't smudge, stays all night... LURVE.

I was using Clinque's Quick Liner for eyes, but I found it too expensive for an eye liner, and the sponge tip for smudging was rough and hurt. This is just like it, but better!! I got it in Black Onyx. I think Black is a bit to harsh for me because I have very fair skin, so I will probably buy a brown one next time :-)
I love how it glides on smoothly with no pulling or tugging and never having to sharpen it. The sponge is very soft and does a good job. This is my favorite eye liner at the moment!

on 2/16/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this eyeliner. It is easy to apply, and I haven't had any problems with it staying on. I've been using this for years, and I will continue to use it.

Im a big fan of CG cosmetics! Have been using several of their products for 7 years. I love their eyeliner,especially this one. it glides on easily,much easier than their pencils do,although their pencils are fantastic also. I chose this one in Chestnut,to go with my new gingery red auburn hair(think Julianne Moore). I used to wear black eyeliner all the time,but found that it really WAS too harsh on me,with my fair,porcelain skin and green eyes. This color is deep,but not a harsh,matte darkness. its soft,and goes on beautifully. chalk up another winner for Cover Girl! I love how fresh and natural their cosmetics are. I sound like the spokesperson or model for them. hmmm,not a bad idea...! go out and buy this! they have serveral complimentary shades that will not break your bank!

on 12/22/2004 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have this black onyx and i have mixed feelings on this. its not good not bad,just averyage eyeliner to me. when i used it on the top lids,it went on smoothly and the color was intense which was good 4 me-but later on in the day it faded to an almost grey color which i disliked.and when i used it on the bottom inner rims,it was great even though that also faded too.but the worst was when i tried it under my bottom lashes for a dramatic look-it was good for the first few minutes,but then it was a horrible smudged mess. i wont throw it out since i got on sale for 2.50 :) -but im not really dying for another one anytime soon either...the smudger tip/eraser thingy did nothing for me too UPDATE:: after trying a bunch of different eyeliners,for some reason i keep coming back to this one.

on 12/11/2004 1:33:00 AM

I got this eyeliner in the "Espresso color."
I was so looking forward to falling in love with this stuff, but...it just didn't happen.
It does go on quite smoothly, I admit, and the "no sharpening" feature is handy...but...
It fades after like...an hour. Maybe it's just this color, I don't know.
And forget about using it on your lower lash line...it doesn't stay at all.
I will definitely not repurchase. I have almost half of the liner left, and don't know what to do with it; I refuse to wear it now.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this eyeliner ONLY when it's first applied. It goes on very smoothly and the black color really lines my eyes and makes the color seem more intense(good). The lines it draws are pretty good, however, this lasts at the most 2 hours and i have to reapply which eventually leads to eye gunk in my lid corners. I also hate how you cant tell how much of the product is left. Its not the best, but also its not totally horrible(btw i agree that the "eraser" is worthless) when this runs out i will search for a better one that ACTUALLY STAYS the whole day..my search is on