October 21, 2014 | 2083 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lexiekylee

I actually really like this. I've been using this for a year now and it doesn't irritate my oily/acne prone skin at all. It leaves a nice matte finish and doesn’t cause breakouts like most primers I’ve tried. It’s a little pricey but one bottle will last awhile. This is a great primer for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by brandsjunkie

I have dry and acne prone skin so during the winter my skin flakes. I used a moisturizer before just with my foundation and found that after a few hours my foundation turned really cakey and my face was really dry. it was horrible. then some people had told me to try using a primer as well. i checked out several different primers but at sephora i was introduced to the smashbox photo finish light. on the package it said it was meant for people with oily and acne prone skin which was exactly what i was looking for. i started using this primer a few weeks ago. it makes my skin really soft on top of my moisturizer and my foundation pretty much stays put for the rest of the day. i love this product besides its expensive price but definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by dulces78

I like it. I have tried the regular version. I loved how it made my skin look but, I have acne prone skin and one day of use with the regular version would make me breakout by the next day.

I was very excited when I heard they had this light version. I bought it about a month ago and have used off and on (roughly 75%) of the time since.

I use the Outer Peace Acne system so I usually cleanse, moisturized and then apply the "Light Primer". It definitely is nice, I like the feel. I use BE minerals usually after, but looks great under Laura Gellar's phenomenal foundation too. I like that it has SPF as Laura Gellar's foundation does not.

I have since fallen asleep with it on, multiple times, and have not had any adverse reactions to it. I'm in Northern VA and it's been very cold, we've had temps with windchill factor felt like 20 F. I haven't had any problems with dry skin.

I recommend the product highly. BTW, it photographs wonderfully!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2008 10:07:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wouldnt say this is a bad primer, but i would deffinetly say its only for very oily to extremly oil skin only. I have combo skin, it can get pretty dry around my mouth and nose yet pretty oily in my t zone area. This primer worked wonders for my t zone but left the area around my mouth and nose in dry patchy flakes! I used this for a year suffering threw it just cause i liked the way it matified so well and held my foundation in place. But the dryness was pretty obvious so i switched and i now use la base pro oil free by lancome and this stuff is great! goes on smothly (photo finish light always went on smooth but then felt kinda dry after). Lancomes la base pro oil free goes on smooth, has limited mattifying abilities but it feels so wonderful and truly makes your foundation GLIDE on. Really a pleasure to use! After I finish my make up I use urban decay's mattifying powder dusted with a brush on my t zone and the combo of the two has way better mattifying powder then photo finish light AND doesnt dry out around my mouth and nose! VIOLA! my problem of the dry mouth is solved and my make up is picture perfect all day! Ive also used and tried every type of primer under the sun and not just on my skin but on alot of my friends and family I have great experience with primers for different skin types so If any one needs any help or has questions please email me! im happy to help on any make up issues! trust me I know them all!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 6:15:00 AM More reviews by hanhol

I have been using this for about 6 weeks now, after a recommendation from a make up artist. I don't use it every day, but on evenings, or long days when I want my make up to artist. My skin is acne prone and very sensitive (mineral make up made me break out very badly, that's how sensitive it is) and I liked the idea of having a 'barrier' between my skin and my make up. I don't think this had aggravated my skin, ie. no extra spots, does seem to improve the texture of my skin after application, if my skin was good enough I'd consider going without foundation, sadly it's not... :) my make up does last a good long time without getting shiny (I use in combination with the Urban Decay eye primer potion) and generally helps the make up sit better. Obviously if you have acne prone skin you have to be careful, and this product is not cheap, but I believe if you live in the US you can try it at Sephora, and in the UK at makeup counters (check for local stockists) I got mine off eBay for about £14.99 (I think) I don't know if anyone has counterfeited so only buy off trusted sellers if you're going down that route. You only need a little bit, I dispense a single pump on to my finger it dispenses an amount smaller than a pea, and that is really all you need. Tha packaging is really nice too, and I believe the dispenser was recently changed so you can get all the product out, so make sure you buy a new airless dispenser version.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by heinyliciouz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After applying this product, it deffinitely makes my skin smoother. I use it almost every day. It doesn't do much for pores on my nose though, I still have to cover them with foundation. Pretty good product. Not really necessary, but good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the regular Photo Finish Primer and really liked it. But I was worried about breakouts, so I got the 0.5 oz Light version at Sephora without trying it first.
I don't really like the Light version. It does work well keeping my makeup from sliding off over the course of a day, but I don't think it smoothes out my skin the way the regular primer did. I think I'm going to buy a travel size version of the regular and see if I like that better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nevermindanyway

I am so upset about this product. Thankfully I didn't purchase the full size, but even the travel size was $17 at Sephora. Anyway, I had some pretty high hopes for this. I was using MUFE's primer before, and while that was good, I was told that this stuff was better for my skin, especially because of the fact that it's oil-free.
Well, I put it on the morning after I got it and it felt light and made my face feel very soft - that's the only good thing I can really say. After about 6 hours of sitting around in classes at school, my makeup looked the same as it does when I don't use primer.
But that's not the worst thing about this product. After a week of use, I looked in the mirror one morning and counted NINE big, under-the-skin zits. Now, I am a teenager with combination skin and typically I have moderate acne anyway, but this was the absolute worst breakout of my LIFE. It's been a week since I stopped using the primer and my face has finally started to clear up. I don't recommend this to anyone, especially if you're acne-prone. Don't be fooled like I was by the words 'light' and 'oil-free'!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by mysticmaiden2000

This product is soo much better than the original photo finish because it is lighter and feels better on the skin. The original is thicker and feels oilier, this makes my make-up last at least 6 hours if not more and provides an excellent base for make-up.
The bottle is better too, the old bottle left product in the bottom and the pump would stop working, with this every bit gets used up!
The best primer so far that i have tried, just wish it wasnt so expensive in the UK, i usually end up getting it on ebay.

Update: I tried the avon magix primer because it was cheaper, which broke me out badly, products dont normally break me out either! So i went back to this, will not try another product as i think this is brilliant and helps my make up last and look great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I'm surprised the reviews aren't better for this product, as I really like it quite a bit. My skin is rather oily and tends to be acne-prone if I'm not very careful about the products that I use. This primer works better than others I've used (the regular Photo Finish, Mac's Prep and Prime, MUFE's HD primer, and Everyday Minerals Silk Powder) to keep me matte wihout causing breakouts. It works well under my mineral foundation -- no pilling and very little breakthrough oil.

Yes, it's pricey, but a little goes a LONG way. I really do wonder if the people who find this doesn't work are applying too much of it.