August 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by HY210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It stang really badly even if I didn't use a cottonball. My pimples weren't really affected, but it made my cheeks sensitive for a while. Yes it did whiten my face a bit. Whiten. I have a orangish tint to my skin, so it just looked werid. I think my scars faded a little though, but went back to normal after a week or so.

If you're on the paler side with a cool tone and don't have sensitive skin, I'm sure it'll work out great for you.
I wish I could say the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually quite skeptical with home-made skincare, but after having great results with aspirin I gave a try to lemon juice. I decided to forgo all the fuss and simply took a lemon, cut it on half, squeezed it and massaged it on my t-zone and on the discoloration I have around my mouth and nose. I also have a fair few hormonal zits on my forehead at the moment.

It stings fairly uncomfortably, and my skin turned a bit red and hot while it dried. I left it to dry on my face for about 5 minutes, then applied my usual night cream.

An hour later I casually inspected my skin in the mirror, and OH MY GOD! All the stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin came to the surface ready to pop out! I only had this result with aspirin before. I started extracting my blackheads (gross I know), and all of them came out in a matter of minutes, and by coming out I mean fully, not just the top.

Next morning my skin was noticeably tighter looking and my skintone was a bit more even. The zits almost completely dried up!
Still not trusting the miracle I used the lemon that night again, and again it unclogged my pores and cleaned up my skin. I think the acids in the lemon somehow dissolve the top layer of the skin as well, because my skin is much smoother and less ruddy even though I did not exfoliate at all.

Lemon is seriously good. If you have oily skin, pimples or blackheads I reckon it's safe to use undiluted too.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure drinking lemon juice helps a lot too. I usually add concentrated lemon juice to the water I drink but I stopped for the past 2 weeks (didn't change anything else in my skincare routine). My skin started to get a bit dirty and dull, blackheads and small pimples. I started drinking lemon juice again for the past 3 days and my skin has cleared up a bit! Do drink lemon juice, it tastes good and it's good for your skin.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

Lemons are absolutely amazing. I literally slice one open and rub it all over my face. It stings like ca-razy but it goes away if you can stick it out. My skin has become so much more even, the dark circles under my eyes (thank you steroid eye drops) have lightened tremendously and my acne scars are fading:) You should definitely give it a try. It's awesome and you will see results.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I saw a review on another website from a doctor in India giving advise about using lemon to lighten the skin and kinda brush it aside. Two days ago, I was on MUA and found reviews on lemon juice and thougth, well, why not. I've been using this skin brightener for nearly 5 weeks without any change. I have about 5 dark spots on the side of my face and i've open hide them with my hair. What have I got to lose...I have lots of lemons. So, I tried it last night...Wow! The spots are not 90% lighter but I would say 50% and in one use! I spent over $30 on the skin brightener and no changes after 5 weeks...what is up with that! I don't use it all over my face, just on the spots. But, I may start using it as a toner. Of course, I will add water to dilute it. But, will try mineral water to insure purity. Wow! This stuff is great...thanks again, MUAers!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Nbrunelle3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too good to be true! I was just about to order the Obagi clear for my sunspots when I came across the lemon juice reviews. After one night my facial and chest sunspots were diminished by 90%. I haven't been in the sun since, so I'm hoping they don't return after 5 minutes outside, as they usually do even with my Euro sunblock. Will update.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Sam1e

I was surprised when i saw this on here! i have actually done this a few times, and it does dry out spots but the thing is it stang so bad!!! and this really put me off. Ive also heard that if you drink lemon juice with hot water that also works?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mle79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG. Just.. OMG. I read about how lemon would help with redness of acne spots before on other websites but i had to read what my fellow MUA peeps had to say. Most love it so I had to give it a go! And I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I did! I had a ugly nickel size red mark left by cystic acne and the next day *POOF* gone! I used the lemon juice from the lemon shaped bottle, soaked a cotton ball and rubbed on the spot and left in on over night. Woke up and its like 90% lighter. Second day I did it again, 98% lighter. This beats anything the Dr. can order and any OTC products! YaY for lemons!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by maya8486

Wow thanks so much for this tip! Super cheap and eco friendly! I'll pass on the review to a friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by 660eugenia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank you girls for great advice. Works wonders on discolorations. Another good use of a lemon is dark hard skin I sometimes get on my elbows and knees. Wash your skin with warm water, than rib in with lemon skin, finish with any facial cream. Once is usually enough, twice is at maximum.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by yyt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner I have ever used. Using fresh lemon is a little too troublesome for me so I use bottled lemon juice. I do NOT dilute it with water as I don't have sensitive skin. After I wash my face at night, I put some lemon juice on a cotton pad and put it all over my face and neck as you would do with toner. I avoid the eye area. It cleans the remaining dirt, oil or makeup that wasn't washed off. It also lightens my freckles, a couple of acne scars, and I think it tightens my pores. I also notice that my skin tone is more even. And hey, it is full of antioxidant. After the lemon toner, I just apply my usual treatment and moisturizer. My skin feels very fresh in the morning and my foundation goes on smoother. I do think that doing the aspirin mask contributes to this though. Check out my review and other's on aspirin mask. I have only been using this lemon toner for a few weeks and I am loving it. This will be the only toner I will use.