Lemon Juice

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 10/30/2009 9:49:00 AM

Well this is my first review as I have only recently got into makeup properly and I thought start with the basics - skin!!! Anyway, Im 20 years old and have suffered with bad skin since I can remember and there has always been something in the back of my mind telling me to try this (and thanks to other MUA reviews) - I am so glad I finally did! The redness in my skin has reduced by 90%, and I have only had maybe one or two new blemishes in the past week.....believe me, for my skin that is amazing! I use my usual cleanser (Garnier Pure), then dab the juice (I use the stuff you get in the bottle for pancakes!) onto some cotton wool and sweep over problem areas. As I said, the pigmentation in my skin is beginning to even out, so is the tone. Sometimes my skin can feel tight when I have used the juice but to be honest, if something works, I can deal with tightness.

The only reason I am not giving lemon juice a 5 rating is because I haven't been using it for long enough to feel like it is a long term solution. Will update.

on 10/24/2009 8:16:00 AM

I have to say I'm really disappointed about how the lemon juice worked out for me. After reading all the amazing reviews for it on here I was really excited to give it a try but I just didn't end up with good results. I used it for a week and noticed that my skin started to look a really pale weird colour (I think the lemon juice was sort of bleaching my skin.) My pimples started to dry up a bit but they were replaced by lots of little red ones on my forehead and chin. My skin was also extremelay dull looking.

on 10/16/2009 1:53:00 PM

O MY GOD!! Why does this not have like a billion reviews, This is the best stuff I have ever used, My scars and red marks and brown spots I had ARE GONE!!!!!!!! I ve only used this for 4 days, I cant believe it, I just bought 100% lemon juice then i take cotton pads and rub it on my face, and Im still like in shock, TRY THIS it works now I think im going to dillute it 2parts lemon 1 part water but omg!! ok lolz ill stop but please try this!!

on 10/13/2009 10:45:00 PM

I love love love lemon juice for the face!
My face is super-sensitive thought, so what I do is I use the juice that comes in the bottles that are diluted with the right amount of water. It works just as well, but without all the unbearable itching and stinging. I just drop about 5 drops into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and apply it to my face. It itches MAYBE a little bit depending on how dry your skin is already, but hardly ever for me.
I just love this stuff! It tightens pores, clears blemishes, lessens reddening, and just anything you need done for your skin, a lemon seems to do the trick!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like using lemon to brighten my skin up.You just have to be careful since it will sting any place you have a cut. What i do is i squeeze it in a jar and i mix it with a little bit of water to even it out if i know i have a cut.But it i am using it on an area that I kno I dont have a cut then i use the pure lemon juice! Ihave noticed a change and a difference in my skin.It looks to be brighter and more fresh and awake! yes i will continue to buy and use lemon juice to help my skin out.

on 10/11/2009 5:51:00 PM

This is amazing... I woke-up after a night of applying the juice on my face, and my skintone was even, brightened! I was like WOW!

Now, I must tell you the whole story, because I want you to be careful.. and not silly like me.

I just cut the top of my lemon off and wiped it all over my face (like you would a tomato/sugar scrub) and boy-o.. did it sting! If you've ever dyed/bleahed your hair and felt the most uncomfortable, painful nippiness all over your scalp and forehead? Try that on your FACE.
Ohh, my poor little button nose!!
I thought because it hurt so bad I shouldn't be using this at all! But I didn't break out, and although I had small red patches, they weren't angry-looking, and they cleared within seconds (or whenever the stinging stopped)
But yeah, I managed to resist scratching and didn't rinse the juice off my face. :) I used a rich moisturiser with it too and my face was so soft the next day..

I used this again this night and I purged quite fast! I actually LOVE purging! Hell yeah, I can physically see my skin will improve!

I will give this 3 until the stinging is less! Then I will boost it up to a 4.. then a 5... then a YAY!

I recommend this, but if you don't think you can handle the stingingness, dilute it with water, and, by the way, if you continue using lemon juice your face will get used to it. :)
When? I have no idea.. but I will continue being a baby until my face gets used to it. :P
Oh boy.. I wonder how ACV feels! Heehee... we really do painful things for beauty don't we? :) <3

on 10/9/2009 9:21:00 AM

Great "product". I used it as a toner after cleansing my face and left on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off. the first time i used it I looked like i broke out more - but I realized that its just all my whiteheads and blackheads coming up to the surface. after using it for few days in the row my skin is much clearer, pores look tighter and most of the blackheads are gone. it does sting a bit, but definitely worth it! this is definitely going to be one of my staples for life :)

on 9/24/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

It stang really badly even if I didn't use a cottonball. My pimples weren't really affected, but it made my cheeks sensitive for a while. Yes it did whiten my face a bit. Whiten. I have a orangish tint to my skin, so it just looked werid. I think my scars faded a little though, but went back to normal after a week or so.

If you're on the paler side with a cool tone and don't have sensitive skin, I'm sure it'll work out great for you.
I wish I could say the same.

on 9/24/2009 10:37:00 AM

I'm usually quite skeptical with home-made skincare, but after having great results with aspirin I gave a try to lemon juice. I decided to forgo all the fuss and simply took a lemon, cut it on half, squeezed it and massaged it on my t-zone and on the discoloration I have around my mouth and nose. I also have a fair few hormonal zits on my forehead at the moment.

It stings fairly uncomfortably, and my skin turned a bit red and hot while it dried. I left it to dry on my face for about 5 minutes, then applied my usual night cream.

An hour later I casually inspected my skin in the mirror, and OH MY GOD! All the stubborn blackheads on my nose and chin came to the surface ready to pop out! I only had this result with aspirin before. I started extracting my blackheads (gross I know), and all of them came out in a matter of minutes, and by coming out I mean fully, not just the top.

Next morning my skin was noticeably tighter looking and my skintone was a bit more even. The zits almost completely dried up!
Still not trusting the miracle I used the lemon that night again, and again it unclogged my pores and cleaned up my skin. I think the acids in the lemon somehow dissolve the top layer of the skin as well, because my skin is much smoother and less ruddy even though I did not exfoliate at all.

Lemon is seriously good. If you have oily skin, pimples or blackheads I reckon it's safe to use undiluted too.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I'm pretty sure drinking lemon juice helps a lot too. I usually add concentrated lemon juice to the water I drink but I stopped for the past 2 weeks (didn't change anything else in my skincare routine). My skin started to get a bit dirty and dull, blackheads and small pimples. I started drinking lemon juice again for the past 3 days and my skin has cleared up a bit! Do drink lemon juice, it tastes good and it's good for your skin.

on 9/21/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lemons are absolutely amazing. I literally slice one open and rub it all over my face. It stings like ca-razy but it goes away if you can stick it out. My skin has become so much more even, the dark circles under my eyes (thank you steroid eye drops) have lightened tremendously and my acne scars are fading:) You should definitely give it a try. It's awesome and you will see results.

Popular Treatments (Face)