October 1, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by dpav

To be honest, I think this is just a so so body lotion. It's very watery that I don't feel it has enough "moisture" to give to my skin. In the summer, it is still ok. But in the winter, this lotion totally failed. My favorite for the winter is "Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Lotion" which contains AHA which is perfect for moisturizing and exfoliating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by VVV

Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion has been my HG body lotion for years. I first purchased it one winter when my skin became chapped all over from exposure to extreme cold and wind. Because my skin was so red and intensely itchy I went straight to the drug store. I purchased Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion and Soothing Bath Treatment, went home, and used both products right away. My skin stopped itching after the bath and application of lotion which was an immense relief. Within a few days the redness and irritation had almost completely cleared. I also had dry cracking patches on my lower legs which had also significantly improved within a few days. Within 10-14 days my skin had healed completely. I was so impressed with Aveeno after this initial experience I continued to buy the Daily Moisturizing Lotion and use it as my regular daily body lotion.

Since I began using Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion regularly my skin has improved so much - my once dry skin has become consistently soft and smooth. I no longer experience redness & irritation from shaving and I have not gotten any ingrown hairs. I no longer have dry bumps on the backs of my upper arms. The skin on my elbows and knees are no longer red or flaky. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry anymore and my skin tone has become brighter and clearer. I don't have that dull skin look that dryness used to give me.

The texture of Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion is so nice IMO - it is creamy and applies easily over my skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft, not greasy at all. I really appreciate that this lotion is fragrance free because I have so many perfume allergies. Both packaging options (a bottle w/ sanitary pump or a tube w/ flip-top cap) are great - each allow for easy, sanitary access to the product.

I will definitely continue to repurchase Aveeno's Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This is a product I've come to rely on to keep my easily irritated dry skin under control. Highly recommended!

INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredients: Dimethicone. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Oat Flour (Avena Sativa), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride

INGREDIENT BREAKDOWN: DIMETHICONE is one of several types of silicone oils which does not penetrate the skin but rather form a protective layer on the surface of the skin. WATER - we all know this one! :) GLYCERIN is a polyhydric alcohol that acts as a humectant and provides lubrication. DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE is a positively charged surfactant that acts with the negatively charged proteins in the skin to keep the product from easily rinsing off of the skin. PETROLATUM (aka petroleum jelly) is a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons which work as a skin protectant. ISOPROPYL PALMITATE is a palm oil based emollient, thickening agent, and moisturizer. CETYL ALCOHOL is a fatty alcohol which is used as an emollient, emulsifier or thickening agent in the making of skin lotions and creams. OAT FLOUR (AVENA SATIVA) is a powder obtained by the fine grinding of the kernels of oats which can have a soothing effect on the skin. BENZYL ALCOHOL is an aromatic alcohol (I can't figure out why it's in this product exactly). SODIUM CHLORIDE is salt (again, not sure why it's in this product). I did not list every use for each of these ingredients but the use which seemed to apply to this particular product. I hope this was helpful but definitely feel free to look up more information about these ingredients if you like - there is a lot of good information out there. :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by TOVACHANAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Life is truly amazing !! For years, on MUA and on Allure's Best of I have listed this product (and its clones) as my FAV FAV FAV body lotion (and I have tried them all - high end and mass market). But being blessed as a Cassiopeia, no one listened...until now. Aveeno is showing up right and left in the magazines and on MUA. Amazing!!! I cannot count the partially used bottles floating around our house - upstairs and downstairs - even one stashed somewhere at my father-in-law's. And all the full bottles stashed away is case (G-D FORBID) J&J decides to discontinue this product.

I use this most often in the winter. Even with a humidifier, winter in MI is DRY, DRY, DRY. Every night, I slather this all over myself, especially on the shoulders, legs and feet, before putting on pjs and socks. In the morning, after showering, again the slather. It is not tacky, nor is it sticky and it absorbs well.

So why the 4? Nothing is absolutely perfect - although this comes very close.

If you buy the original name brand item, it will be more expensive (by a dollar or two) than the clones. Thankfully, though, clones (aka generics) do exist.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by iluvstuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lotion! If you have dry skin or eczema, try it! But if your have normal/oily skin, it might make you break out/be too oily!

FOR THOSE WITH ECZEMA: I have had it since I was a baby, and nothing but harsh prescription creams have been able to keep the itchy red flakiness at bay. Then my new doctor wouldn't renew my prescription....she told me to go try this cream first and come back if the eczema is not gone. And to my surprise--it worked!!! This is the first non-prescription cream to have EVER get rid of it. Please try this cream if you have eczema!

Usage: I use this on my face and body. The texture is strange, it's thick and smells a little funny. When you put it on your skin, it just melts in right away. But it does something funny to your skin. It feels soft, but not really smooth, and my skin usually feels so weird that I stop touching it because it feels kind of rubbery. Once on, there is no smell and my skin is fully moisutrized for the entire day--and no itching or flaking or redness. In the year that I have been using this, it hasn't made me break out. It isn`t oily or greasy at all, but if you have normal-oily skin I would think that you should probably look elsewhere. I use this twice a day right after I wash my face, and my eczema has improved so much! (I only get very tiny little itchy patches now, instead of half my face like before!)

I no longer use this on my body because it just makes my skin feel like I'm wearing some kind of rubbery latex on it, but I still use it on my face since it's not something that will be brushing up against stuff all day. I am so happy I found this, no more harsh steroid filled prescription creams for me!

Once again, I have to say (at the risk of sounding cheesy/infomercially): Please try this cream if you have eczema!!! It was my miracle cream, and I hope it works for you too! :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great staple product. It's a little more expensive than many drugstore moisturisers, but it is a great product. It provides a good amount of moisture to my skin, but often my skin is so dry it is absorbed almost on contact. I have eczema, so I'm sure that this isn't the case for the average person. Over the years I've probably bought 8 big ones of these. It's often sold at Costco in the larger size in a pack of two. I love that it is unscented, and when applied you can only seem a light kind of oat-y scent, that typical of Aveeno products. For those of you who like this, but need something richer the Aveeno Skin Relief Cream (comes in a tub with a dark blue lid) is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

This is my HG body lotion! I love it so much that I'm going to be heartbroken if they ever discontinue it! It's very moisturizing, not at all greasy and doesn't cost much, what more could you want?

The only time this doesn't work for me is in the winter on my hands. For some reason, my hands get very chapped in winter and they bleed and the only thing that repairs them is cetaphil's thick hand lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very rich and creamy with a nice settle scent good for winter time wen u need extra moisture a bit to moisturizing for summer time.this will definitely heal dry ashy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by chloechan88

My whole family likes this fragrance-free moisturizer. It really moisturizes the skin and it can be used both on face and body.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, how I love this body lotion! It's moisturizing but not heavy. I've strayed many times in search of other, better lotions, but I always come back. After I purchased my 9th bottle or so, I realized that there is no better lotion! It's fragrance and paraben free and very effective. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by RecklessAbandon31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this prodcut because I had read in a magazine it was great for everyday use and I agree. It helped with healing my dry skin but now I feel like it leaves a little bit of stickiness but its not oily at all, which is my favorite part. On the downside, although it is odorless, i find the "odorless" smell a little bit disgusting for some reason, smells sort of like plastic, I'm not really sure how to describe it. But I try to not think about it when put it on, after it doesn't leave the stinky smell on so i find it to be just a small disturbance. I have yet to find a better lotion than this!