August 20, 2014 | 1876 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Batiste is undoubtedly a great dry shampoo, probably one of the best in the drugstore price range, but I think it's too expensive for how many uses I get per container. I have to use it sparingly, alternating between Batiste and Suave, because I don't want to shell out $8 every couple of weeks. Out of all the scents, Fresh is my favorite. I will definitely repurchase because I love the texture it gives my flat, freshly washed hair and the way it sucks up the oil of my second- or third-day hair, but like I said, it's a little expensive for my preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Boho scent.
It really does volumize and refresh hair :D
and it will leave a whitish cast but you have to work it in your hair and it'll dissappear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I brought the tropical scent - smells like a Pina Colada in my hair. :) My hair gets oily near the roots and so does my fringe, but I don't necessarily want to wash it everyday. I spray a bit of this on my hair near the roots and brush through. Wow. Goodbye greasy hair. Hair still remains soft and easily brush-able. Plus, leaves a nice smell too. I'm a brunette and didn't notice any white residue. Repurchasing this definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An absolute life saver for hair that goes oily at the roots like mine. I used to use talc between shampoos but this is way less messy. I have dyed blonde hair and the rest of my hair is just too dry to wash everyday. not only does this absorb excess oil but it camouflages root regrowth as well. My only gripe is that you have to shake it well in between sprays and that it runs out quickly. Still I found the original one at semichem for 0.99 so I am stockpiling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I currently have black hair and yes it does turn my hair grey, but once it absorbs, there is no residual grey left. What helps is definitely holding the can out the recommended distance, otherwise it's like using the temporary white hair color you see at halloween stores. My hair looks and feels like I just washed it and I'm able to do whatever to it. I hate washing my hair, but am cursed with an oily scalp, so the most I can go without washing is a day. This helps me out greatly and I can go almost two days without a hair washing. My only issue is the bottle size is tiny. It's the same price as other dry shampoos from Sallys, but only 2/3 the size. So one bottle will last me only 3 weeks. I've used the Blush one and though the scent is a little strange at first, it isn't very strong and does not linger, so you won't be stuck smelling it all day. Definitely is a HG product. I could not live without this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW. I was skeptical of dry shampoos, but I'm a convert. I no longer wash my hair everyday (and the oilies did eventually calm down!), but I still get a bit greasy. Batiste to the rescue! It leaves my fine, straight hair looking and feeling very soft and healthy, without any oilies. Gives a bit of volume, too. Slight scent, but it goes away quickly. The price is a bit high considering the can is so small, but it's still worth it. My hair is very dark, and this leaves no white streaks at all once you brush it through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a new convert to this amazing stuff. I have always been a wash-my-hair-everyday girl and when I wake up in the morning before my shower I have greasy bits around my face and close to the roots. However, I have always noticed that my hair does do that great bed hair thing the day after a wash- if only I could get rid of the grease.... ah but now I can!!!

So today was the first day I didn't wash my hair and instead used Batiste on all the greasy bits. I just sprayed it wherever there was grease and ruffled it through or brushed it out. Not only did I gain more volume but my hair is EXACTLY how I've always wanted it to be- bouncy, wavy bed hair that I've been messing about with waving tongs and curlers trying to perfect for years.

I can't stop looking at my hair in the mirror today, I am buzzed with how great it looks. No more daily washes for me, it'll be once every other day at most.

I had used Batiste a little before today's great revelation- I'd spritzed it on the odd greasy patch if I was going out for the evening or whatever, and it had always worked a treat. But the not washing my hair thing was inspired by reading on intothegloss.com that less washing can get the bed hair effect, and they weren't wrong.

Batiste is only 2 a can and it lasts a really long time. Will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by StarLuXe

Well, since I bleach my hair white I definitely cannot wash my hair every day! The lady at Sally's recommended this. I got the regular smelling one at first and although it worked great the smell was a little gross so I switched to the blush - which smells really nice. I have used high-end dry shampoos as well as cheap-o ones and NONE of them compare to Batiste. Some people are put-off because it turns your hair a white-ish color, but don't freak out, just tousle your hair and it blends in. I usually wash my hair once a week and this stuff makes my hair look fresh the entire week and gives it body. It is def a staple in my beauty routine. Buy it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by beaner2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. My beautician recommended I use a dry shampoo because my hair is so greasy. Works like a charm. I use it once to twice a week and it has lasted me a couple months so far and I still have more left in the can to use. I recommend this stuff to everyone who washes their hair every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mpharper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome stuff! Makes my hair look good as new and doesn't make it feel gross! I used it today because my hair looked like an oil slick and now it doesn't look greasy at all, and best of all it doesn't have that nasty gritty feeling to it. I can actually touch my hair and it doesn't make my skin crawl. Great to use in between washes and to perk up limp hair. I have even used it to counteract accidentally applying too much product. This definitely goes on my list of must-haves. love it!