November 27, 2014 | 1551 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter! It looks white in the compact but it has a little bit of gold in there. I love using it on my cheeks mainly, and it gives off more of a frost that glitter, so it works in the morning too if applied with a light hand. The best part for me is that it does not emphasize my pores the way other highlighters seem to, so that's a huge plus for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

I really like this highlighter. It is sheer, glides on easily due to its powder form, does not smear everywhere other than where applied to and is not overly shimmery. It stayed on for about 7 hours on my face. It is suitable for anyone from light, medium to dark skin. I tried on Niko at the store(different shade from the same range) and it did not show on my light to medium skin. I was informed that Niko is better for very light skintones. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first glance, I thought this highlighter looked too white in the packaging. It also has gold undertones to it as well. Once applied, my cheeks looked glowing giving me a pearly look. It's also longlasting compared to MAC highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by artistculture

Nars Albatross is my absolute favorite highlighter!! ... more so than any MAC highlighters, or skinfinishes! I reach for this one everyday! It is luminating, and gives the skin a nice dewy finish. It is not "glittery", and the color works with all skintones! It is a warm tone highlighter which is great for skins with a yellow undertone.. but also works for skins with a pink undertone, as it will counter some redness (unlike some MAC MSFs that have a strong pinky pigment that can accentuate redness in the skin). Like all Nars blushes, the pigmentation is great, and so a little goes a long way, and despite the relatively expensive price tag, it is worth it because it will last you forever! I use this not only as a highlighter for my cheekbones, but also as a hightlight for my browbone. Since it is illuminating (without having a distinct color), I use it on top of matte blushes as well. This will give the cheek a glow without altering the color of the blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as my brow highlight and it works well. Trying to blend into my blush for a cheek highlight and it can get yellowy and dull out my blush color. But otherwise very flattering on the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought this thing would work, but it does! it gives my cheekbones a nice luminosity

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This and copacabana are my favorite highlighters!! This is especially wonderful for toning down a blush. Gives a very natural sheen that is appropriate for daytime. I will repurchase this if i ever need to (dont think i will since you only need to use very little!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by romantique

This is my favourite highlighter! It's so beautiful, a soft natural golden glow. The powder is finely milled with no glitter flecks. I have Mac's Drizzlegold Beauty Powder which has bigger chunks and Petticoat MSF, which gives a more metallic shine. This is more natural and versatile. I love using it on my cheekbones. I also like that it is pressed, so it doesn't make a mess over my makeup table! However, the price is a bit extreme. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, rather I'd try to make this one last as long as possible! It contains 4.5g in a rubber mirrored compact which I like (mine isn't dirty lol). I like that a brush fits easily in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter! I'm NC 15 and this gives me a great look. Although it may look really white in the pan, on the skin it imparts a lovely golden sheen to the skin. I like to use it on my cheek bones and also on the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow. It also looks really nice sweeping it in a 'C' shape from your temples to the top of your cheek bone. It is a bit expensive for a highlighter, but I've had mine for about 6 months and am just now seeing the bottom of the pan. Like many Nars products, the packaging is a rubberized compact that attracts make up smears and smudges....not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Hate this. I know it was gold, but it made me look so yellow, and I'm only on the brink of an NC25 at MAC. It looks even worse in daylight. If it was without the gold shimmer, I would love it.