NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 11/28/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

so gorgeous!...looks like a chalk-white powder in the pan, but when applied becomes a gorgeous gold highlight color...can be used as a cheek highlighter, but is also very pretty as a brow highlight.

on 11/28/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm NC15-20 and this highlighter not only shows up on me, but gives me the exact look I was looking for when I first bought it. It gives me a very slight, but definitely noticeable highlight without a lot of "in your face"-shimmer. There is shimmer, but it requires a close look in the bathroom mirror to really detect it. It also pairs very well with the NARS Laguna Bronzer without becoming shimmer galore. Love it!

on 11/25/2009 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Pretty golden sheen across your face unlike other highlighters I have tried, I have layered it with Pearl cream color base by Mac for staying power, and multi dimensional sheen

on 11/23/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Love Love Love this!!!! I was lucky enough to have one of Kim Kardashians makeup artist make my face over at an even i went to earlier this year, she used luster on my cheeks and added this highlight, she said it was one of her top sellers and always would put it on Kim, so of course i had to get it. I love this! I don't usually wear this for an everyday highlighter but i always use it when i go out. I've already talked 3 friends into buying it! I would recommend it!

on 11/22/2009 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

love this. A subtle highlighter which I use on my brow line and cheekbones.

on 11/18/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This looked so extremely white in the pan...I couldn't imagine it working on my skin tone and I avoided trying it despite the positive reviews. I've used Kevyn Aucoin's Celestial Powder in Candlelight for a few years and I end up comparing every highlighter to it. But ever since I bought Albatross I've been wearing it almost exclusively. It's more intense than the KA Candlelight, and so beautiful. I guess I just feel like having a little more shimmer and glow than usual during the colder months. I apply it with a large fan brush across cheekbones and use the same brush to kind of skim any remainder over the rest of my face and it never looks too harsh or overdone. Love it!

on 11/18/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you could only buy one product from NARS, it should be this! (and not even orgasm) This highlighter gives a soft golden glow. Looks gorgeous under the light.
The only downside is probably the packaging, it gets dirty from all the gold sheen after a while.

ETA: People have compared this to MAC's Vanilla, in my opinion this product is better as the effect is more subtle. The colour is the same, but Vanilla seems more chunkier/glittery to me.

on 11/17/2009 6:53:00 PM

I love this highlighter. It's not too frosty or too white, it just gives a beautiful sheen when the light hits it. This is a must have from Nars.

on 11/17/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am not sure if this has been reviewed somewhere else -- I may have screwed up the category since this product can be used as both a blush and a highliter. In fact this is what it is sold as: blush/highliter.

The color looks whitish/gold but it is the transparency of this product packed into a cake which I love (pigments have a tendency in my hands to wind up on the floor). I have used this as a highliter on many clients -- from the eyes, cheeks and even to the outline of the lips. It is a soft glow which makes everyone look heavenly.

This should not be missing from anyone's makeup if they want to look glowy and healthy -- even for an old lady like me this is just the right amount of sheen and no obvious shimmer or glitter.

Again -- I hate NARS packaging! But the product is well worth the price.

on 10/29/2009 12:52:00 AM

I didn't purchase it but i definitely tried it on. Not a fan. It is super shimmery and I guess at night that's okay but I would rather keep SUPER shimmer to eyes. I love nars orgasm - which is LITTLE shimmer and that shows I am not anti shimmer, but albatross is super duper shimmery highlight. The shimmer particles are gold and its is an off white cream (super sheer) so you may was well apply shimmer to your face.

Top Rated NARS Products