October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by artistculture

Nars Albatross is my absolute favorite highlighter!! ... more so than any MAC highlighters, or skinfinishes! I reach for this one everyday! It is luminating, and gives the skin a nice dewy finish. It is not "glittery", and the color works with all skintones! It is a warm tone highlighter which is great for skins with a yellow undertone.. but also works for skins with a pink undertone, as it will counter some redness (unlike some MAC MSFs that have a strong pinky pigment that can accentuate redness in the skin). Like all Nars blushes, the pigmentation is great, and so a little goes a long way, and despite the relatively expensive price tag, it is worth it because it will last you forever! I use this not only as a highlighter for my cheekbones, but also as a hightlight for my browbone. Since it is illuminating (without having a distinct color), I use it on top of matte blushes as well. This will give the cheek a glow without altering the color of the blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as my brow highlight and it works well. Trying to blend into my blush for a cheek highlight and it can get yellowy and dull out my blush color. But otherwise very flattering on the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never thought this thing would work, but it does! it gives my cheekbones a nice luminosity

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This and copacabana are my favorite highlighters!! This is especially wonderful for toning down a blush. Gives a very natural sheen that is appropriate for daytime. I will repurchase this if i ever need to (dont think i will since you only need to use very little!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by romantique

This is my favourite highlighter! It's so beautiful, a soft natural golden glow. The powder is finely milled with no glitter flecks. I have Mac's Drizzlegold Beauty Powder which has bigger chunks and Petticoat MSF, which gives a more metallic shine. This is more natural and versatile. I love using it on my cheekbones. I also like that it is pressed, so it doesn't make a mess over my makeup table! However, the price is a bit extreme. I'm not sure if I would repurchase, rather I'd try to make this one last as long as possible! It contains 4.5g in a rubber mirrored compact which I like (mine isn't dirty lol). I like that a brush fits easily in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite highlighter! I'm NC 15 and this gives me a great look. Although it may look really white in the pan, on the skin it imparts a lovely golden sheen to the skin. I like to use it on my cheek bones and also on the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow. It also looks really nice sweeping it in a 'C' shape from your temples to the top of your cheek bone. It is a bit expensive for a highlighter, but I've had mine for about 6 months and am just now seeing the bottom of the pan. Like many Nars products, the packaging is a rubberized compact that attracts make up smears and smudges....not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Hate this. I know it was gold, but it made me look so yellow, and I'm only on the brink of an NC25 at MAC. It looks even worse in daylight. If it was without the gold shimmer, I would love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great highlight color. Like others have said it looks scarishly white in the pan but goes on a beautiful shimmery goldish color. It's finely milled as well so its not like chunk city glitter on your face. It may be a bit pricey for some people for a highlight color though...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the Albatross/Lovejoy duo and I love both of them. This is my first time using a highlighter and I really really like it, don't let the white powder scare you, it goes on so pretty and gives the nicest glow to skin. I don't use it everyday, just when I feel like having that extra soemthing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I truly love this highlighter. For reference my skintone is NC42. I was a bit worried about this highlighter because it looked white on sephora.com. When you first open the compact it looks like a shimmery white powder but once on the skin its a shimmer golden pearl color which is gorgeous. sometimes this can leave a white-ish tint on my skin but when i that happens i simply take my posh kabuki brush and buff it over the highlighter one time, and it takes away the white tint and the powder still looks great. This powder definitly has a a gold tint to it. The lasting power is nice and i will buy again the only thing i dont like is the price but i can deal with it for the great powder.