September 16, 2014 | 1189 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lm378

Love it! I use it as a brow gel. At $1 per tube, I buy 5 or so at a time. Which is smart, because one tube (both sides) barely lasts me a month. The "holding power" really depends on how well-groomed (or not) my eyebrows are to begin with. If it's been a while since a waxing, I have to touch up more often. If I'm freshly tweezed, it keeps my brows in line all day. Don't bother spending $5 or more on a tube of clear mascara that's going to get all funky and nasty with your eyebrow color anyway. You absolutely can't beat this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

The cheapest clear brow gel I've used so far. It doesn't dry crunchy at all, though it lacks a bit in holding power. I'm a bit confused as to why there's two ends and two wands but the one you're supposed to use for your lashes and the one you're supposed to use for your brows is not indicated. I think they're the same formula anyway, but it'd be nice if they labeled which was which so you could keep the lash one clean. (I've figured out that the best way to keep clear brow gels from getting cloudy and funky is to wipe down the spoolie brush after using it and before inserting it back into the tube.)
Anyway, at first I thought I'd repurchase this since it's so cheap, but I've realized that this stuff has almost zero holding power (too watery) and that there's even less product than I'd thought. One end was practically half-empty and I've only been using this for a week or two. I'm going back to Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This one holds curls well, I use it on days when I want to look like I have naturally curled lashes. Doesn't make my lashes glossy, hence I took one lippie off. The eyebrow side and the eyelash side have same formula and same brushes. Worth the buck (+shipping) I spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Cassieandra13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only use the eyebrow side but I honestly dont have any complaints. It keeps my eyebrows in shape all day so it's one less thing I have to worry about. I hadn't tried any other products so I don't have any other eyebrow gels to compare it to, but I have never had an issue with ELF in the past so I don't feel the need to go out and find a new product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Seraphatine

This is a great little product, I thought it was overrated at first, but then I gave it a couple of weeks and it works like a charm! I was looking out for a clear mascara after discovering that most mascaras racoon on me during the day - as my eyes tend to water naturally throughout the course of a day. Amazingly enough, this mascara lengthens and dries soft without any trace of spider legs. The trick is to apply the mascara in quick light strokes. If you apply too much, you may end up weighing down your lashes too much, losing your eyelash curler curve. I also love the double-ended packaging - when you pull the wand out, the excess product gets wiped off from the small opening automatically - genius :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 8:14:00 AM More reviews by rosarita

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I never use clear mascara on my lashes, but I appreciate that the design of the elf product allows me to if I'd want to. Keeps my brows groomed all day without stiffness or stickiness, and of course it's cheap! Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Widegeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good brow tamer, and unlike the clear mascara that Covergirl makes, it does not turn white and crusty on your brows. Definitely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by MARY48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a brow tamer and nothing more, does the trick for just a buck, and that's all I wanted it to do. I will be purchasing again, at this price, oh yeah!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I LOVE this product! I do not use it for mascara, just to tame my brows. It adds definition and grooms well- and doesn't clump. I usually use Bourjois but am sick of it, so opted for this instead. The wand has "eyebrows" on one side and "eyelashes" on the other (however, mine is misprinted and BOTH sides read "eyebrows"!)- but the wands aren't much different. Whatever side I unscrew, that's the one I use for my brows. My thick brows definitely stay in place and look fabulous with the help of this product! No more Anastasia or Bourjois- I'm sticking with $1 ELF!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best clear mascara I have ever used (it's also the cheapest). I'vr tried every brand of clear mascara on the market and had just given up, that is until I saw this at my local grocery store. It's only $1 and it makes my lashes look glossy all day long. I never thought a clear gloss could make lashes look thicker but this one does. It also keeps my lashes in line (a major problem for me because my lashes tend to lay in all different directions). Even the brow tamer is wonderful. I'm usually not interested in using brow tamers, but this one does the trick. It keeps my brows in line and help them to look more natural and groomed. Overall this is a great product and you can't best the price!