beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Throw away all your face brushes! This beauty blender overtakes all my face brushes that I have. Been using this for almost 10 months now and it is great! I always buy the ones with 2 beauty blenders inside because it is more worth it! I use 1 sponge for 6 months before throwing it out. I'm on my 2nd sponge right now.

I clean this with my cleanser and the foundation in this comes off right away. I never tried the sponger cleaner because I find that it is a waste of money since I have other products that can have the same effect in removing the foundation in it.

This blends foundation effortlessly. I mostly use liquid and power foundations so I am not sure how it is for cream foundations. I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation about 3 times a week and this sponge does not make it look cakey at all!

I never tried any knockoff versions of this before and I am glad that I did not because that would be a waste of money. This beauty blender is totally worth every single dollar. I use it everytime now. I haven't touched my brushed ever since

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

The beautyblender truly is holy grail material! My only other foundation brushes I have used were Estee Lauder's foundation brush and Sigma's f80 brush. I avoided wearing foundation altogether because the brushes would make my face look so cakey and fake. I really love the look of a flawless complexion so I researched, and this was the answer. I'll admit, it took me a few weeks to fork out the cash for a little sponge that would eventually have to be replaced, but honestly... The best $20+ CAD I've ever spent on a makeup product!
The foundation application is just so flawless, smooth, and undetectable. This makes your makeup look like you've got gorgeous skin! This can sheer out your foundation so when I want a fuller coverage look, i'll apply my foundation with a brush, and at the end I use the damp beautyblender to eliminate the cakeyness. I use thick waxy/creamy concealer to hide my blue veins under my eyes which is always a total pain, but the Beautyblender makes it effortless. I've also never had a problem with getting any stains out, even my long-wearing foundations. Do not hesitate buying this life saver.

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard so many people talking about the beautyblender sponges and how much they love them so I wanted to make sure I tried one to see if I liked it better than my egg shaped Laura Mercier foundation sponges that I love so much.
Well, I got myself one and have given it many tries, and I don't feel like the application is as smooth as I wanted it to be, and I notice that it absorbs way more product than my other sponges. However, the friends and other people I have heard saying they love the beautyblender have much better skin than I do. They don't have oily skin and don't have any blemishes or spots they want to cover up. I purchase a buildable med/full coverage foundation and I usually want full, smooth coverage. So maybe this style of sponge is just better for people who are going for a lighter application of their foundation. I wouldn't repurchase, I will stick with my egg shaped flat LM sponges!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this sponge and I'm sooooo glad I got it on sale for 12.00 with free shipping. Once I learned how to use it with a kinda bounce and roll motion my makeup (liquid foundation, concealer and TM specifically) looked sooo much better, it was even and smooth and well....better! It is delicate however and after only having it for less than a week I noticed a tiny tear in it; and I have short nails. So now what I do is when I wet it, I squeeze it between the palms of my hand and then again with a towel. The BB is really soft and smooth on my skin. Oh I almost forgot to mention that I did NOT dip the sponge in my foundation, I dotted foundation on my face first then used the sponge. I hope when I need a new one I can luck up on a sale again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing!! This sponge is amazing. When using a brush it takes me 15-20 minutes to blend it in and patting my skin to take out those streak marks with this sponge application is less than 5 minutes. Leaves me streak free. Even application and provides medium coverage. Remember that this is a sponge and will absorb any makeup when used. My technique is to apply the foundation or concealer right on my face then use a pouncing and tap motion on the face do no sweep or rub the sponge in as the makeup will be absorbed to the sponge rather than the face. The sponge works great in itself but I definetly found dupes from Ebay and it works the same way for a much much cheaper cost I paid $3 for 2 sponges one time it all depends on the bidding system. But if I need my hands on it quickly Sephora is just around the corner and this applies foundations concealers like a charm. This is definitely a staple in my routine. Love the idea but will not be re-purchasing because of the cost $20 for a sponge is quite expensive that's the same price to a foundation or concealer in my opinion.

I don't understand what's wrong with you people. This thing sucks. I've tried it with both liquid and creams and hated the finish with all of them. Because it's a sponge it soaked up a ton of product and I had to use WAYYYYY more product than with a brush, and it just looks weird when you dampen it like everyone says. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I mean, this almost has 400 reviews so I think that already says something! I LOVE this product, it's most certainly a HG for me. I really do. I'm super acne prone and was scared this would break me out (that's why I've shied away from sponges for so long) but with proper cleaning this hasn't broken me out yet. I'm now a firm believer that the tools really affect how a product looks. So when I used to apply foundation using my hands, it used to get streaky, uneven, and weird looking, even though I really love the coverage. But since I got the Beauty Blender for my birthday, my make up looks amazing! I just dot my face with foundation (I do not recommend putting it directly on the sponge, it will soak it in too quickly, dotting the face is best), wet the sponge with hot water to kill bacteria, ring it out, and tap my whole face with the round bottom until completely covered. It actually feels quite nice on the skin too haha. I use the pointy end to get near my eyes and help conceal pimples. It blends beautifully and the look is flawless; I really spend less time doing my make up and less product as well. I'm never applying with my fingers again!

As for my cleaning trick, here's what I do: right after I apply my foundation, I take my make up removing face wash, pump a little on each ends, and let it soak in and sit there for a few hours. Then, I rinse it all out with hot water to kill the germs and get all the make up off. I'm telling you girls, letting the cleanser SOAK in is the trick! My blender is barely stained. I wash after each and every make up application and rinse it with hot water before using because of my acne. Someone mentioned cleaning with alcohol as well, I might give that a go for extra cleanliness. People complain about the price, but seriously think about it: you use this almost every day for about 6 months...that's pennies a day. I think it's totally worth it and I'll buy this as long as they keep making it!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wrote a review for the beauty blender a while back but over time I feel like my opinion on this product has changed a bit so I thought I would review it. I love my beauty blender so much, I feel like it is the best makeup applicator in the world. It gives me a flawless finish, it is fast to use, easy to clean, gets in to hard- to- reach places...but where my problem comes in in the price. While I think the beauty blender is a great tool, one of them costs $26 and lasts around 3 months (so the company says). A makeup brush by say, Sigma is $18 and will last you indefinitely if you take good care of it. I've had my beauty blender for 8 months now and it is still functional despite a few tiny holes but I feel like at the most this would last me 12 months and that might even bepushing it. I did buy some cheap cosmetic sponges to try and compare how they worked (the bag was 8 for $2) and I found that despite that the application process was a little less 'bouncy' the end result was identical. The beauty blender company knows how to market with an attractive hot pink product in an adorable tear drop shape and that is what sucks people in to buying it but the price of a single, replaceable cosmetic sponge is outrageous. The price doesn't change that fact that I think it's an incredible product but there is no way that I can justify the price when a cheapy cosmetic sponge which cost 25 cents each gives me the same look. I will use mine until it is absolutely ruined but I will not repurchase.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools