beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this sponge so so so much.

Please trust me when I say the sonia kashuk and other generic brands with their knock off versions of this do not compare at all.

I use this with my foundation by wetting it, squeezing it and then squeezing it again with my towel so it is does not have a lot of water on it.

I noticed that when my sponge is more damp my concealer gets rubbed off when I try to blend it.

washing it is pretty easy too although some of the pink from the sponge comes off in the process thats not a big deal to me.

Overall I don't like that this is 20 bucks but I will forever be purchasing this miracle sponge.

on 5/6/2013 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh how I wanted to love this. But I'm sorry to say I can't stand this product. For me, it's awkward to work it, it absorbs a huge deal of makeup (even though I do use the sponge wet), and the worst part is that if you have any concealer on beforehand, this sponge will completely remove it with one pass. Seriously?!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge applies makeup worse than a dampened wedge and the price is ridiculous. What a waste of $30 Canadian dollars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow. Makeup noobs like me: this is perfection. My makeup blends perfectly with this little sponge. When I was on Accutane this was so so useful as you add water and make up blends seamlessly into skin. Even with less dry skin, perfect. The things that are annoying about this product are cleaning (I use the special cleaner, the whole process feels expensive) and I had to replace mine after about 6 months because it does wear out. It's also pretty pricey on the face of it but I think it's worth every penny!

on 4/24/2013 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I purchased knock offs of the beauty blender and let me tell you I was so surprised....and happily! I have tried for years to get the perfect application of makeup and this is by far the best. It beats brushes and fingers and the little sponges that I use once and toss away. Talk about a flawless finish and looking like I had nothing on! It cleaned up nicely too. I plan on purchasing more and telling everyone I know about it.....

on 4/22/2013 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product.
It just makes my foundation application so smooth, easy and airbrushed.
Sorry, brushes, but this is my new number one <3

on 4/21/2013 10:25:00 PM

I bought this only because I had a gift certificate and didn't need anything else so I fugured what the hell, let me try it. I didn't have any crazy expectations even though it has great reviews and a cult following, I mean, my god, it's just a sponge, what could it really do, right? wrong! This little thing has totally blown me away like unbelievable! It gives THE most amazing light flawless airbrushed perfect finish that looks like there is absolutely nothing on your skin. Never in a million years did I think a sponge could do this. And it's incredible for cream blush!

Pros:
- blends like a dream
- easy to use
- easy to clean
- lasts forever
- multi purpose

Cons:
- pricey for an sponge
- stains with foundation & loses the lovely pink pop colour
- have to go to the washroom and damp it with every use

I use this for my foundation and even if I use a brush for my foundation, I will use to this to smooth it to make sure it is not cakey/ heavy. Can be used for concealer, foundation, highlighter/ any cream product that needs blending. <3 I have 3 of them and i absolutely adore them. Make sure you store in open space where it is given a chance to dry and prevent bacteria build up. Frequent washing is alway recommended. Got my for the best price at Cherry Culture.

on 4/19/2013 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So like many others I was extremely skeptical about buying a sponge that costs $26 CDN before tax. However after using it, I have joined the beauty blender cult because it makes my foundation go on even more flawlessly than my favorite foundation brush (Real Techniques Expert Face brush). The only thing I don't like (which is why I bumped off a lippie) is how fragile it is, I used mine for only a few months and the top ripped while I was washing it. However, I will still repurchase but this time I'll probably order it off Amazon so I can get a better deal.

on 4/18/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow. Quickest and easiest way to apply my foundation, with an absolutely flawless finish. I loved my Sigmax brushes for quite a while but I don't think I'll be going back to them. Literally amazing.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools