February 28, 2015 | 1942 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought the Beauty Blender from their website two for twenty something dollars. There are other less expensive copies but for me this works best. My foundation and primer goes on flawlessly—worth the money! I no longer use anything else but this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the white Beauty Blender because I'd read about color transfer with the pink one, I am super- senstive and the company which makes this told me it is the same as the pink one but without color. ( I thought there might be a difference and the white was for treatment products and pink for makeup, but they told me that is not the case.)

I have been using makeup since way before some of you were born, and this is by far the best tool I have ever used for applying foundation. I have used everything from high end foundation brushes to generic Ulta sponges, and this is the only thing that I will be using from now on because this is as close as I have come to that airbrushed / magazine cover flawless look.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How did I ever apply foundation or concealer without this sponge! I'll admit, I was skeptical that it would be worth $20, decided to purchase a knock off from Ulta which made me even more skeptical (Ulta's was firm, not pliable and nothing like the real thing). Cherry Culture had a 20% off everything sale so I decided to purchase one and I'm waiting for another sale so I can purchase a 2nd one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It blends my foundation and concealer into my skin like it has been airbrushed. I have not had any issues with concealer settling into the fine lines under my eyes which has always been an issue for me, no other tool could correct it like the beauty blender. The pointy end is perfect for under the eyes and around the nose and the rounder end helps stipple foundation perfectly into the skin. I cannot say enough about how much I like this product. Save your money on foundation brushes and switch to this sponge, it made a HUGE difference on how I apply makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

I love how this sponge applies foundation. However, it absorbs a lot of product. The other minus is that the sponge is not easy to clean. I think that it cumulates dirt and bacteria despite being cleaned very often. In case of people with acne prone skin this may actually worsen the skin condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Makeupfortheages

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my old age I've become a little more ... Oh how should I put it...... Cheap lol ok thrifty is maybe a better word. So spending that much on one tiny little pink egg blew my mind. I finally gave in because a perfect airbrush foundation is my life long goal. When the little pink gem came in the mail I was ecstatic. Had to try it ASAP and LOVED it. I just recently started a blog about makeup and life from an over 40 pov and one of the things I love about this sponge is since you bounce it on your face there is no unnecessary tugging and pulling on the skin. I love the finish it leaves. I use it with my cream and liquid foundation. I saw a video from a makeup artists giving a tip on cleaning it. Little mini hotel bar soap. I didn't buy the cleaner so this tip works great for me. Just gently rub it on the bar and clean. I haven't notice it sucking up any more product than a wedge sponge or a brush. Mine has lasted a long while since I only wear makeup once a week, if that. I love this little gem. To me it's definitely worth the money.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by angeljoy86

I finally decided to give this sponge a try since after applying face makeup I found that there's unevenness and caked spots on my face. The makers of the product instructs you to wet the sponge with tap water until it expand and then squeeze out the water. You can either apply the liquid foundation or BB cream (I use Marcelle BB medium to dark as my foundation) on to your face first or on the sponge. The technique is to dab it all over your face as and this effect will leave you with "airbrushed" look. After I've applied my BB cream, it left a dewy feel on my face. I wait a couple of minutes before it sets or dry and then I apply my physician's formula face powder. This just helps with shine control and gives me a matte finish in the end.

I purchased this product on amazon.com for $25+ free shipping. It also came with the beauty blender cleanser which was great because I wash my beauty blender after each use. When washing your sponge take extra caution and be gentle when scrubbing because the sponge can easily tear. That's what happened to my sponge =( Overall amazing product and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by angieyuen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the comments below. This baby makes it easy to apply and evens out the amount of foundation on my skin. Its very pricey in Australia...around $24-$29 for a single sponge! I bought the white one from www.radiantbubbles.com.au and got it discounted to $21. Was very happy with the purchase and saved!

I will repurchase this again. love this product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by lilblacksky

I didn't buy this during the years of hype because, c'mon, $20 for a piece of pink foam? But I saw a pack of 2 for $20 on Amazon (including shipping), and I'd been having problems with dry flaky skin (read: cakey, gross foundation) so my curiosity (read: desperate for any solution) got ahold of me. And oh boy do I regret not having followed the hype years prior, this has seriously changed my foundation life. Made a bigger difference on my foundation finish than when I discovered exfoliating & primer. Even my thickest, cakiest foundations look so much more natural and smooth applied with this. I can do higher coverage now because it doesn't get cakey as easily. People have actually been asking if I got a great night's sleep or started a new skincare product, because my face looks so bright and clean. Hahaha, it's all makeup you fools!
It's easy to use and faster than blending with brushes. I do the typical bouncing motion and always works great. I use it damp by running it under the tap for a few seconds and squeezing the excess out. I clean it as soon as I'm done with the mu; I use Dr Bronners and it cleans nicely, no stains. I imagine you could use any cleanser that cleanses thoroughly but doesn't leave greasy residue on your brushes.
One important thing I found was to soap it when it's damp or dry, never when wet & swollen with water, because then it will take a long time to get all the stains out. Not quite sure why, maybe the BB needs room to absorb the soap?
It does run pink when soaping (never on my face or when it's wet with just water). I want the white one but haven't been able to find them as cheap as the pink. Apparently they have a black one too, no idea about that one.
The storage is a bit of an issue, I have ordered a tall egg stand for it. We shall see how that goes 8D I think you could use those drainy-soap dishes, too. Or maybe a clean piece of paper towel, which is what I did before it started aesthetically annoying me.
Anyway, yeah, I love this. I can't remember the last time I raved about something so much. Yes it is pricey, that is the only thing I don't love about it, but I am willing to pay it for the higher coverage + natural realskin finish. Of course if someone comes out with a convincing dupe, I will switch, but I haven't found a comparable dupe so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a foundation lover MUST HAVE item. I had been putting off buying this sponge for the longest time, simply unwilling to splurge on it. I bought a knock off Manicare purple one to try. The knock off one wont last, tip came off.
So being a foundation junkie, I bought the double sponges pack for S$39.90 from BHG (USD30) which is pretty close to price in the US.
Nothing come close to comparism with the original sponge, foundation application never been such a breeze with airbrush finishes. I used it with my liquid and cream foundations, and all looks flawless.
Cleaning is a pain though, be careful not to nick your nail into it while washing.
Splurge on the original one if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by divathing

I got one of the off-brand of these and i love it. My foundation melts into my skin and it looks so beautiful. I use MUFE in 185 so I expected it to stain the sponge a bit but i clean it with cleanser and a little bit of olive oil. The best thing about it is that, unlike brushes, I can wash it everyday and not have to worry about waiting for it to get dry before i use it again. Its now my mu staple

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No