January 27, 2015 | 1967 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a foundation lover MUST HAVE item. I had been putting off buying this sponge for the longest time, simply unwilling to splurge on it. I bought a knock off Manicare purple one to try. The knock off one wont last, tip came off.
So being a foundation junkie, I bought the double sponges pack for S$39.90 from BHG (USD30) which is pretty close to price in the US.
Nothing come close to comparism with the original sponge, foundation application never been such a breeze with airbrush finishes. I used it with my liquid and cream foundations, and all looks flawless.
Cleaning is a pain though, be careful not to nick your nail into it while washing.
Splurge on the original one if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by divathing

I got one of the off-brand of these and i love it. My foundation melts into my skin and it looks so beautiful. I use MUFE in 185 so I expected it to stain the sponge a bit but i clean it with cleanser and a little bit of olive oil. The best thing about it is that, unlike brushes, I can wash it everyday and not have to worry about waiting for it to get dry before i use it again. Its now my mu staple

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this sponge! I tried several makeup sponges before purchasing the beauty blender due to its price point, but the other sponges don't even compare, and they all fell apart quickly and easily. The beauty blender is an entirely different texture -- soft and squishy, very spongey. I had a problem with poking sponges with my nails and them breaking, but this one doesn't do that.
I use it by saturating with water then squeezing in a towel to give the sponge dampness and stippling my product onto my face. It works well to blend foundation, concealer, and cream blushes/highlights. It gives me a beautiful, flawless finish, and it allows maximum coverage with minimal product.
The only issue I have with the beautyblender is that the pink one bleeds when you wash it -- it bleeds a lot, and the fact that the dye comes out disturbs me. I don't want that on my face! So in the future I will purchase the "clean" one, and I would recommend that one to others.
For a sponge, this is REALLY expensive, but you can usually get 2 for 25 or something like that, and that is a really good deal since one sponge costs 19 USD.
It is a bit difficult to clean long-wearing foundations out of the sponge, but to be honest it's a sponge I use to apply makeup, so I'm not that worried about it having any makeup stains on it so long as I know there is no makeup left in it. I use gentle hand soap to clean it after use, and once a week I'll clean it with a mild dish soap. I'm considering purchasing the beauty blender cleanser, but that's expensive as well.
I like that the packaging involves a sort of stand to put the sponge on when I'm not using it/when it's drying after being washed.
4/5 because of the bleeding, 4/5 for price -- it's a 19 USD sponge ffs!, 4/5 for packaging -- I like the stand. I will definitely buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

I absolutely love this. I wish that I had given then is a try before I bought my MAC Kabuki brushes. This sponge blends everything perfectly especially if I'm using thicker foundations. I use this to blend my under eye concealer and use afterwards to press my loose powder in that area.

I have a couple of complaints about this sponge. It is really expensive, You would think that the company would at least invest on a better packaging. It also hard to get rid of the foundation stain when I use long wearing foundations. I have to be very careful when I'm cleaning this as I have long nails and I found myself poking holes on it the first time around. I ended up buying the soap for it because I found that the sponge lasted longer rather than using baby shampoo.

Anyway I will definitely buy this again because it is so easy to use. It just my face look more flawless with this no matter what foundation I use. I'm already going on my third one in a year with roughly 4 uses a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does make my foundation go on smooth and gives an airbrushed quality, but it needs to be a little damp to do that. And if it's damp, it ends up giving me a matte look, which is no good on my dry skin. If I use it dry, it soaks up too much foundation, so I've been using it to buff down my makeup after I apply it with a brush or fingertips. I still think it's a good product, but I wish it were easier to get a dewey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by GertGrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This little sponge has radically changed my relationship with liquid foundation! I loved this from the moment I used it but later decided to go through my foundation cast-offs (many!) to see if it might be able to help some of them. I realized it may well have been my application techniques-- stippling, painting, buffing, etc that I disliked and not actually the foundations themselves. Now I happily bounce/pounce my way to get sheer, even and natural looking coverage. It is pricey, but with all the money I've spent on subpar products this seems a pittance. For me it eliminates the dreaded problem of foundation separating on my nose and creating flakes on dry areas. My makeup looks fresh hours later. I've never been so thrilled with a product before :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Similar to everyone else, I was apprehensive about purchasing the beauty blender (BB) purely based on the price however decided to give it a go given all the great reviews it receives.

I recently started using Revlonís Colour Stay foundation, and although I love this foundation and love how my face is not as oily at the end of the day, I found that it was looking a tad "cakey" on my face when using sigmas angled kabuki brush for the application.

Used the foundation with the BB this morning and I am very impressed with the results. The BB helps to achieve a flawless and finish. The BB is really easy to use, just put it under some warm water, then squeeze out the excess fluid and apply the foundation in a bouncing motion.

Great applicator, very glad that I decided to purchase the BB! Would highly recommend you give it a go, it is worth the money.

For all my fellow Australians, I was searching for a while for a site that didn't have crazy shipping to get the BB and came across www.crushcosmetics.com.au/

Quick delivery and have a wide range of NYX and ELF products too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was apprehensive to purchase the Beautyblender, because I typically do not like the finish that sponge application of foundations provides. This is unlike any other sponge I have used, and I am happy that I purchased it (on my third one now). I saturate the Beautyblender with water as directed and squeeze out the excess. I place the foundation on my hand, dab the Beautyblender into the foundation, and bounce the Beautyblender on my face to apply the foundation.
The shape is perfect as the pointed end enables me to apply foundation to my nose and area between my nose and eyes easily. It is easy to clean using soap and hot water. With almost daily use one will last about four months (with daily cleaning). After four months or so they start to get cracks and begin to fall apart.
I prefer the Beautyblender over my high-end foundation brushes. The only other thing I use to apply foundation is the E.L.F. Powder Brush, which I also prefer over the $$$ brushes I have purchased in the past.
I will continue to buy the Beautyblender. Also, it is less expensive per Beautyblender if you buy the two pack. I have used the Beautyblender cleanser, and I would not recommend buying this as other soaps and cleansers work better at cleaning it. Right now I am using Tincture of Green Soap to clean my makeup brushes and my Beautyblender. It works amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hesitated for a long time before purchasing the set from sephora including two blenders and a bottle of the cleanser (which I really like as well). I use this almost anytime I use liquid foundation although sometimes I use my sigma f80. I think this gives a better finish than the f80 but sometimes I don't feel like using the sponge since it takes a little longer due to having to wet before use (yes I am that lazy sometimes haha). this never over applies my makeup yet it is really easy to build coverage with. I usually put the makeup on the back of my hand and then dot onto my face before using the blender as I am worried that if I dipped the blender straight into the makeup it might go to waste. The sponge is very easy to clean (I usually use the cleanser it came with since that is what has worked best for me) and I try to be gentle so as not to open the pores and tear it. I really like the pointed end as well for around the eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love my BB! I bought the pack of 2 after reading all the raves on this product and I can say I was not disappointed! I love the way it applies my foundation, it is easy to use and easy to clean and I have had mine for a year and both of them are still in great condition! If yours are not lasting a long time, then you are doing something wrong!