July 31, 2014 | 962 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by badkat

I was looking for a good, very black e/l to give me a dramatic nighttime look. I went to the BB counter based on some recs I received here, and I am not disappointed. I get compliments every single time I wear this. I am getting better with the application (I use the Japonesque brush that's like the BB fine liner brush) and I can get it to go sweet girl next doory, or sexy sultry goddessy. Stays put for a decent time on inner lids. Doesn't bother my sensitive eyes. Love it!
EDIT : i started using the stila #4 w/ this, and i liked it even better. however, i am too lazy to wash the brush everyday, so i hardly use this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mirrormirror

The first liner I have used that stayed put and did not smudge on me. It works best, however, if you like a thin line near or slightly inside the inner rim of your eyes. I also recommend using Bobbi Brown's ultra fine eye liner brush. I think benefit has a fine eye liner brush as well. I use something different for a bolder line on my upper lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Miabee

Although this product has great staying power for most, it didn't work for me. I have combo (mostly dry) skin with EXTREMELY oily lids, and this ended up smudging on me. So if you're like myself and part of the small minority of people w/VERY oily lids, I recommend using an eyeliner sealant. BeneFit's She-laq is all right, but I suggest Who's the Fairest's sealant because it performs well for just a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Illy1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first got this liner it went on really smoothly and I had no trouble getting the line I wanted. Unfortunately I would get racoon eyes by the end of the day. After using this on about 2 or 3 separate occasions I noticed that it was starting to get clumpy. I don't know if it was because I didn't cap it tightly enough, but I'm disappointed since I've barely started using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2003 4:24:00 AM More reviews by lipfiend

I don't understand all the raves about this product. It smeared and smudged within an hour of application. Too bad, because it's easy to use and the color (black) is an intense black. I'll stick to my Yves Saint Laurent liquid liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by r0xy1738

i am asian and have had the worst problems finding and eyeliner that doesn't smudge, fade and create a spidery look to my eyes. This eyeliner i read is completely waterproof and smudge proof, it is the best thing i have found yet. I use English Ideals Eyeliner stay over the gel and it still smears at the end of the day a little. I have not found anything more durable without looking kindof chunky. I would definatly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2003 5:50:00 AM More reviews by adalane2003

This is absolutely the best eyeliner! I've tried in the past, without much success, to find a quality liner that would not smudge from oily lids and one that would make application easy. This liner definitely acheived the above. No longer do I have to check my eyes in the mirror every hour to wipe away raccoon eyes. The staying power is wonderful: all day, no smudging, no flaking, no funky/unpleasant scent, and very nice jar. Thanks to Bobbi Brown, this portion of my face is now worry-free. Highly recommended for those who have problems with liners that do not live up to the hype or promises. Although the pot may be somewhat small, 0.10 oz, the amount needed for each application is relatively small, so this product will last a very long time. I should also point out that although it is considered a "gel" liner, the actual product is quite thick/smooth (not liquidy) and will not drip or spill when applied. Great Product! Better than Chanel or MAC liners, for those who prefer the higher-end products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Girlfixer

This product is awesome! I'm used to liquid eyeliners and how hard they can be to apply sometimes. The gel consistency is awesome, even though it doesn't look like gel. The color is highly pigmented and very dark.

The sales woman at the counter was rude when I told her I didn't want the eyeliner brush because it looked too thick. She told the other sales lady right in front of me that thin brushes don't work right with the eyeliner and that it crusts up and makes the eyeliner "ball up". Whatever, I stuck to by then eyeliner brush and it works perfect.

Highly recommend it!

*Girlfixer*

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2003 10:12:00 AM More reviews by toulon96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first want to say thank you to all those who reviewed BB's gel eyeliner. With your comments, I was able to confidently buy what I would call the BEST eyeliner anyone ever came up with!!! I think in my lifetime, I have tried over 25 different brands and styles of eyeliner (pencil, liquid, cream, etc)from all different price ranges and I have finally found my dream one-Bobbi Brown is simply the best! I have the oiliest eyelids known to man and from 6:45 am until the time I take it off (usually 7:30 or 8:00 at night) the eyeliner did not budge!!! The only thing users need to get used to is using an eyeliner brush. After you get the hang of it, the stuff is a dream to put on. It's not cakey and does not "chunk" up. Bravo to Bobbi Brown!!!

If you want more proof that this eyeliner is smudgeproof-I was helping my parents move to their new home last weekend and when I turned around and bent down to pick up a box, my dad accidently elbowed my left eye. When I looked in the mirror, the stuff didn't even smear. Talk about an accidental (but great) test!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2003 2:05:00 PM More reviews by michellenichole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. A little goes a long way, I have had my jar for over a year and use it about 3 times a week. It wears all day, doesn't clump or fade, can look dramatic or subtle - whatever you want! Just make sure to get a good brush, particularly if you want a very fine line (I was not a fan of the bb brush but i know many others love it). And once it is on it's not budging so fix those mistakes quickly!