October 1, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

2012: This formula has changed for sure. I've been using it for YEARS and i've noticed the pots over the last 2 years dry out a lot faster and don't last as long. It's still one of the best long wearing eyeliners but "they just don't make 'em like they used to".

2004: This is the best eyeliner ever. Let me explain how I use EL though-I like I a thick dark line, not a little smudge to enhance the lash line. The brush (bb el brush)allows you to put a thick or thin line and get into the eyelashe line quite nicely. Did I mention it lasts all day? and night? It is worth every penny because a little bit really does go a long way. Get a good mu remover to clean eyes and i use a little to clean the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by riapot

I really love the smoothness and staying power of this gel liner. It really makes me feel like I'm doing art! Black Ink is the deepest, richest black when applied and stays that way all day. I have oily eyelids, but this liner stays with me the whole day. I use BB's ultra fine lining brush. It takes practice, but you can get a thin or thick line easily, depending on your mood!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by dilydaly7

I have heard raves about this and was lemming for it so intensely that with my lovely Christmas money I purchased it, along with the Ultra Fine brush. When I applied it at the counter, I applied it over black pencil eyeliner (Almay Long Lasting). The eyeliner I already had on was applied thinly, to achieve a natural effect (or natural for an eyelinerphile such as myself). At the counter, though, I applied it thickly and dramatically. It looked AWESOME (though it may have been the lighting). For a bit of a twist, the MA rec'd I mix in some of the Violet Ink. I did, and the deep purple it produced made my almost-black eyes bright and gorgeous. Very sexy and exotic. It also passed my tissue-paper-rub test with FLYING colors...there was hardly a smudge on the tissue, and it was unmoved on my eye. Usually all that I require to give an eyeliner an A in Smudge Resistance is no moving out of place or removal! Okay, fast forward to home. I remove my makeup with my handy dandy Almay wipes and am overjoyed at the need for a bit of effort in the eye area. Then, I dust some powder over my eyes and try my hand at my new eyeliner, just for fun. It turns out horrible, even though I'm applying it just like I did at the counter! It is very hard for me to make a thin (and trust me, thin for me is not superthin) even line, and you simply canNOT correct your mistakes with this, because it is so longlasting. I removed and reapplied twice more, with marginal improvement. The last time was okay, but still looked funny, especially under bright lighting. Its sheer in some spots, and too thick at the inner corners of my eyes. I guess I just need some practice. Perhaps putting on pencil liner before is the ticket, so I can have a line to follow. Anyway, I like this product, but the brush is frustrating me...I am considering trying a thin, standard eyeliner brush and seeing if I do better. Shame, since you can't return Bobbi Brown brushes after they have been used. *UPDATE* Putting on pencil liner before really does help. It takes me less than 20 seconds to put on quick lines close to my lashes, and really helps with the precision. It also just took some practice, plus you have to get the bristles of the brush very flat and wide. This really is an awesome eyeliner, and its lasting power is just amazing to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 10:55:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only liner that actually stays on my lids all day. I work in retail and don't have time for touch ups and when I go home at night, my liner still looks fresh!!! I've purchased it in 4 colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by badkat

I was looking for a good, very black e/l to give me a dramatic nighttime look. I went to the BB counter based on some recs I received here, and I am not disappointed. I get compliments every single time I wear this. I am getting better with the application (I use the Japonesque brush that's like the BB fine liner brush) and I can get it to go sweet girl next doory, or sexy sultry goddessy. Stays put for a decent time on inner lids. Doesn't bother my sensitive eyes. Love it!
EDIT : i started using the stila #4 w/ this, and i liked it even better. however, i am too lazy to wash the brush everyday, so i hardly use this anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2003 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mirrormirror

The first liner I have used that stayed put and did not smudge on me. It works best, however, if you like a thin line near or slightly inside the inner rim of your eyes. I also recommend using Bobbi Brown's ultra fine eye liner brush. I think benefit has a fine eye liner brush as well. I use something different for a bolder line on my upper lids.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Miabee

Although this product has great staying power for most, it didn't work for me. I have combo (mostly dry) skin with EXTREMELY oily lids, and this ended up smudging on me. So if you're like myself and part of the small minority of people w/VERY oily lids, I recommend using an eyeliner sealant. BeneFit's She-laq is all right, but I suggest Who's the Fairest's sealant because it performs well for just a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Illy1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first got this liner it went on really smoothly and I had no trouble getting the line I wanted. Unfortunately I would get racoon eyes by the end of the day. After using this on about 2 or 3 separate occasions I noticed that it was starting to get clumpy. I don't know if it was because I didn't cap it tightly enough, but I'm disappointed since I've barely started using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2003 4:24:00 AM More reviews by lipfiend

I don't understand all the raves about this product. It smeared and smudged within an hour of application. Too bad, because it's easy to use and the color (black) is an intense black. I'll stick to my Yves Saint Laurent liquid liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by r0xy1738

i am asian and have had the worst problems finding and eyeliner that doesn't smudge, fade and create a spidery look to my eyes. This eyeliner i read is completely waterproof and smudge proof, it is the best thing i have found yet. I use English Ideals Eyeliner stay over the gel and it still smears at the end of the day a little. I have not found anything more durable without looking kindof chunky. I would definatly recommend this product.